Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#368533 - 10/04/16 08:28 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners!
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Wow - we had a great response to our Xtra Styles Contest... 76 entries! Thank you to everyone who submitted their songs!

After listening to all the songs, the winners are:

Jazz:
I'm On The Right Track Now - Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Don Tomlinson
Xtra Style used: _TRINKET
Original Forum Post

Rock-Pop:
The Day Was Hot Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: DC Ron
Xtra Style used: _ELEVEN.STY
Original Forum Post

Lovely Mystery - Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: jcspro40
Xtra Style used: _BADLAND.STY
Original Forum Post

Singer/Songwriter:
What About Me - Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: tommyad
Xtra Style used: _THICKET.STY
Original Forum Post

Congratulations!

#368544 - 10/04/16 08:58 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Thanks PG. I really appreciate the award. Biab is an amazing program and has definitely changed how I write and perform these songs. I'm totally hooked and spread the word at every opportunity. Also the showcase is filled with great writers and artists. I have learned a great deal about recording by listening to this very knowledgable community. Y'all are the best! Lastly, congrats to all the winners and to all the participants in this contest. Now I have to go hat shopping as my head just swelled up a couple of sizes. Tom

#368547 - 10/04/16 09:06 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
colly Offline
Apprentice

Loc: uk scotland
Congratulations to all the Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners!

Well done ....big thumbs up

#368551 - 10/04/16 09:12 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Congratulations to all the contest winners.

Charlie

#368552 - 10/04/16 09:16 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Congrats to all the winners. Some newbies, to my ears at least. I look forward to hearing more from them.
and then there's Tom grin Well done mate!

and thanks to PG for the interesting journey of using styles per se.

Congratulations Don Tomlinson, DC Ron, jcspro40 and tommyad

#368558 - 10/04/16 09:48 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Congratulations to all the contest winners!

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#368561 - 10/04/16 09:53 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: RnAM]
rodipoet Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Netherlands
Congratulations to all the contest winners.
It was fun to participate and listen to my competitors.

Edited by rodipoet (10/04/16 09:57 AM)

Biab 2017, Sonar x3, Komplete, Win 10,64, Akai EIE pro interface

#368563 - 10/04/16 09:58 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
GT_OR Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Italy, Oristano
Congratulations to all winners and no winners !

From Italy
Gianfranco

#368568 - 10/04/16 10:38 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Congrats to all the winners!

#368571 - 10/04/16 11:01 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Will B - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Congratulations to all the winners! What an impossible choice, any of the entrants would've been qualified in our opinion smile Richly deserved!

#368578 - 10/04/16 11:32 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

Congrats to everybody and especially the winners. Well deserved!
It's been a lot of fun to participate.
Let's do it again! :-)

Edited by Jon Thomas (10/04/16 11:33 AM)

#368580 - 10/04/16 12:04 PM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Congratulations everyone! You've done well smile

#368583 - 10/04/16 12:18 PM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Congratulations to each contest participant. Creating and posting a song in less than 30 days is an achievement worthy of mention.

Congratulations to the four contest winners! Don't spend your PG Music cash prize all in one place. grin
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

++ Saving My Sanity One Song At A Time ++

#368588 - 10/04/16 01:17 PM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
seeker Offline
Veteran

Loc: 80 Mi North of Sacramento CA
Congratulations to all the winners.
Also other participants and Forum members.

Good luck with your professional music.

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum

#368597 - 10/04/16 01:54 PM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Congratulations to each and every person who contributed to this very fun and exhilarating contest, many of whom worked long hours on multi-layered works of art, producing truly original, groundbreaking, musical, stylistically innovative and extremely well produced songs that were far out of the norm or status quo or what one would expect to generally hear. A lot of truly phenomenal talent was on display. In my opinion, every person who submitted was a winner. Congrats to all, inclusive of the official well-deserved winners but also inclusive of all the artisans who contributed to this magnificent effort.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
#TBT - Band-in-a-Box® Version 5 Article "The Software Story"

For the latest blast from the past for Band-in-a-Box, check out the article The Software Story: Band-in-a-Box by Norm Weinberg, as published in the June 1993 issue of Percussive Notes!

Imagine a group of musicians who would rehearse with you whenever you wanted, wouldn't tire of playing the same songs over and over, could play at any tempo you wanted, could learn new tunes in a matter of minutes, and never have any ego problems? Wouldn't this be an ideal musical situation for gaining experience? Band-in-a-Box to the rescue!
-Norm Weinberg

Did you have this older version? Share your story with other program users!

User Post - Save as Video

Earlier this week we shared information on the Save as Video feature within Band-in-a-Box.

Forum user JoanneCooper has just shared her Band-in-a-Box video using this feature! Check out her post here, or click here watch her YouTube video.

#TipTuesday - Band-in-a-Box® for Mac: Use Keystroke "Hot Key" Commands!

Hot Keys are a great way to speed up using a lot of different programs... and that includes Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box has keystroke "hot keys" to mute instruments or to adjust volume, panning, reverb, chorus, or bank of instrument without using the mouse, etc... in fact - there are over 100 Hot Key commands for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

To view them all, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video!

A feature added with our Band-in-a-Box® 2015 release was the option to Save as Video. This feature is easy to use! When you're ready to save your song within Band-in-a-Box®, choose "Save as Video..." and adjut the settings if you'd like, then choose [OK - Render Video]. Once it's rendered, you can select the [Upload to YouTube], or take a look at your video first when you choose [Show Video File]. You can also choose to open this video file up in a different video program - it's your video file!

What does the video show? The chordsheet within Band-in-a-Box® just as you'd see it when the song is playing - don't worry though, the rendering of the song to video is MUCH FASTER than the duration of the song!

To see this in action, visit THIS LINK for our Support video.

Have you made a video of your song using this feature? Share it to our Forum!

User Tutorial - Band-in-a-Box® and Walking Bass Lines

Forum user edshaw has created some tutorials for Band-in-a-Box® and Walking Bass Lines that he has shared to our Tips and Tricks forum!

The tutorial has been split into three parts:
Part One - Using Band-in-a-Box®
Part Two - Walking Bass Line
Part Three - Demonstration

Thank you edshaw!

If you've created your own tutorials that you'd like to share, feel free to post them to our Tips and Tricks Forum! You can also send an email to marketing@pgmusic.com and we will post and share them here and on Twitter & Facebook!

Band-in-a-Box® Polish Tutorial - Sound Station

Our new Polish Distributor, Sound Station, is thrilled to be adding Band-in-a-Box® to their product line, and look forward to working with the program! They've just started with us, and have already created this Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Polish Tutorial: Video: Band in a Box 2017 TUTORIAL PL

My Favorite Things - User Feedback

Head to our My Favorite Things Forum to read what other program users love about Band-in-a-Box - or share your own list of favorite features!

Other program users have shared their favorite things about Band-in-a-Box already... like the Jukebox feature, how Band-in-a-Box improves live playing, the interactive PDF program manual, the convenience of the pre-installed hard drive, and more!

Forum Stats
26410 Members
50 Forums
47513 Topics
387236 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
AZ Pete, PatrickCambier, Roofooz, Vortunfir, Jumpin'Jim

26409 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 141
Janice & Bud 117