Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#368533 - 10/04/16 08:28 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners!
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Wow - we had a great response to our Xtra Styles Contest... 76 entries! Thank you to everyone who submitted their songs!

After listening to all the songs, the winners are:

Jazz:
I'm On The Right Track Now - Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Don Tomlinson
Xtra Style used: _TRINKET
Original Forum Post

Rock-Pop:
The Day Was Hot Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: DC Ron
Xtra Style used: _ELEVEN.STY
Original Forum Post

Lovely Mystery - Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: jcspro40
Xtra Style used: _BADLAND.STY
Original Forum Post

Singer/Songwriter:
What About Me - Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: tommyad
Xtra Style used: _THICKET.STY
Original Forum Post

Congratulations!

#368544 - 10/04/16 08:58 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Thanks PG. I really appreciate the award. Biab is an amazing program and has definitely changed how I write and perform these songs. I'm totally hooked and spread the word at every opportunity. Also the showcase is filled with great writers and artists. I have learned a great deal about recording by listening to this very knowledgable community. Y'all are the best! Lastly, congrats to all the winners and to all the participants in this contest. Now I have to go hat shopping as my head just swelled up a couple of sizes. Tom

#368547 - 10/04/16 09:06 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
colly Offline
Apprentice

Loc: uk scotland
Congratulations to all the Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners!

Well done ....big thumbs up

#368551 - 10/04/16 09:12 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Congratulations to all the contest winners.

Charlie

#368552 - 10/04/16 09:16 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Congrats to all the winners. Some newbies, to my ears at least. I look forward to hearing more from them.
and then there's Tom grin Well done mate!

and thanks to PG for the interesting journey of using styles per se.

Congratulations Don Tomlinson, DC Ron, jcspro40 and tommyad

#368558 - 10/04/16 09:48 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Congratulations to all the contest winners!

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#368561 - 10/04/16 09:53 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: RnAM]
rodipoet Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Netherlands
Congratulations to all the contest winners.
It was fun to participate and listen to my competitors.

Edited by rodipoet (10/04/16 09:57 AM)

Biab 2017, Sonar x3, Komplete, Win 10,64, Akai EIE pro interface

#368563 - 10/04/16 09:58 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
GT_OR Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Italy, Oristano
Congratulations to all winners and no winners !

From Italy
Gianfranco

#368568 - 10/04/16 10:38 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Congrats to all the winners!

#368571 - 10/04/16 11:01 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Will B - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Congratulations to all the winners! What an impossible choice, any of the entrants would've been qualified in our opinion smile Richly deserved!

#368578 - 10/04/16 11:32 AM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

Congrats to everybody and especially the winners. Well deserved!
It's been a lot of fun to participate.
Let's do it again! :-)

Edited by Jon Thomas (10/04/16 11:33 AM)

#368580 - 10/04/16 12:04 PM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Congratulations everyone! You've done well smile

#368583 - 10/04/16 12:18 PM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Congratulations to each contest participant. Creating and posting a song in less than 30 days is an achievement worthy of mention.

Congratulations to the four contest winners! Don't spend your PG Music cash prize all in one place. grin
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

++ Saving My Sanity One Song At A Time ++

#368588 - 10/04/16 01:17 PM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
seeker Offline
Veteran

Loc: 80 Mi North of Sacramento CA
Congratulations to all the winners.
Also other participants and Forum members.

Good luck with your professional music.

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum

#368597 - 10/04/16 01:54 PM [2016 Xtra Styles Contest Submissions - Closed] Re: Congratulations Xtra Styles Song Contest Winners! [Re: Callie - PG Music]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Congratulations to each and every person who contributed to this very fun and exhilarating contest, many of whom worked long hours on multi-layered works of art, producing truly original, groundbreaking, musical, stylistically innovative and extremely well produced songs that were far out of the norm or status quo or what one would expect to generally hear. A lot of truly phenomenal talent was on display. In my opinion, every person who submitted was a winner. Congrats to all, inclusive of the official well-deserved winners but also inclusive of all the artisans who contributed to this magnificent effort.
http://www.musicdealers.com/artist/davidsnyder
http://www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
https://soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.davidsnydermusic.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
User Blog - How to Make a Band-in-a-Box Backing Track (with Melody) Using a Lead Sheet

Joanne Cooper's latest blog post Create a Band-in-a-Box backing track with melody from a lead sheet is the perfect read for anyone looking to do just that!

She thoroughly explains the process - from selecting the song, finding the lead sheet, picking a style, and more! Even if you're well versed with the program, be sure to read this blog post - you'll want to bookmark it and share it with anyone you know who's new to the program!

Thank you Joanne for sharing!

https://www.joannecooper.co.za/blog/blog/create-a-band-in-a-box-backing-track-with-melody-from-a-lead-sheet

Vote for Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - We've Been Nominated for a 2018 SOS Award!

We are still over the moon with being nominated as one of the Music Software products for the 2018 SOS Awards!

If you haven't had a chance to look over the nominees and place your vote, head to https://www.soundonsound.com/sos-awards - but hurry... the polls are only open until 23:59 PST on November 30th! (Winners will be annouced at the Winter NAMM show in January.)

The SOS Awards are held annually by Sound On Sound, these awards celebrate a number of products launched within the last year, including categories like Audio Interface, DAW, Guitar Technology, Music Software, and more - the winners are chosen by the readers, and people just like you! To learn more about the SOS awards, click here.

SOS voting rules are available here.

Sound On Sound Awards - a list of 2017 Winners.

The Beginners Forum - Great Tool for New Band-in-a-Box® Users!

If you're new to Band-in-a-Box®, and looking for a Forum just for you, check out the Beginner's Forum! This forum is the perfect place to post resources ideal for those starting with the program.

If you're not new to Band-in-a-Box®, that doesn't mean you can't join in the action! Pop over to the Beginners Forum to join in the discussion & share your knowledge too - we have a really supportive & helpful crew on the forums!

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=97&page=1

YouTube Find - COUNTRY ROADS John Denver Band-in-a-Box Backing Track Key G Major

Another great video has been posted by EricBlackmonGuitar, and he uses his Band-in-a-Box beautifully for creating the backing tracks - see for yourself!

YouTube Video - COUNTRY ROADS John Denver Band In A Box Backing Track Key G Major

My Favorite Things - Seemingly Unlimited Flexibility!

We receive user feedback many ways, including our Facebook page, by email or phone, using the Comments tab on our Band-in-a-Box® pages, the My Favorite Things Forum, and more!

Like the great feedback recently posted by Al-David:
"I write and play in quite a few different genres. The flexibility BIAB gives me makes transpositions, from one genre to another, so easy and quick. A number of times I've created a piece, intending it to be a Smooth Jazz or Smooth RnB song. But when I generated the song, it just didn't work in the intended genre.

With a simple click of the Style Picker ... BAM! The song ended up as a pretty decent Pop song. I only had to replace a couple of instruments from the new style and alter a couple of chords..."
(read the full thread here.)

Post your feedback to our Forum - My Favorite Things - we'd love to hear it!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Nominated for a 2018 SOS Award!

We're so excited that Band-in-a-Box® 2017 has been nominated as one of the Music Software products for the 2018 SOS Awards!

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to vote! If you haven't had a chance yet, you can vote here... (the polls are open until 23:59 PST on November 30th)

Winners will be announced at the Winter NAMM show in January, 2018.

What are the SOS awards? Held annually by Sound On Sound, these awards celebrate a number of products launched within the last year, including categories like Audio Interface, DAW, Guitar Technology, Music Software, and more - the winners are chosen by the readers, and people just like you! To learn more about the SOS awards, click here.

SOS voting rules are available here.

Happy National Saxophone Day!

Happy Birthday to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone! Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he pantended his saxophone creation!

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Plus, we have more than 180 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box by the following RealTracks Artists:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

We have more than 30 different RealTracks Sets that include Saxophone RealTracks - for a complete list, click here.

Forum Stats
26608 Members
50 Forums
48238 Topics
395120 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
abenitez, Jazzist, Johnny Boy, Shaha, Dukestar33

26607 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 223
Matt Finley 194