Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#370731 - 10/19/16 04:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Secrets of the Trees [Re: receder]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
Hi receder, this works for me also. The vocoder works also. But on top of that I love the melody in this little song. I would love to hear you at some point come back and expand on this with another verse/chorus. Thanks Torrey

#370753 - 10/20/16 02:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Secrets of the Trees [Re: Torrey Bliss]
receder Offline
Journeyman

Loc: North Yorkshire, England
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music

Vocoders are a beautiful thing!

Indeed! smile

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Hi receder, this works for me also. The vocoder works also. But on top of that I love the melody in this little song. I would love to hear you at some point come back and expand on this with another verse/chorus. Thanks Torrey

Thanks for your comments Torrey. You know, I had another look at the song yesterday and there is an obvious missing verse between verse 2 and the bridge which I have now written. I also had an idea about an outro synth part. So, watch this space for version 2 of TSOTT!

Cheers
Rec

#370770 - 10/20/16 07:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Secrets of the Trees [Re: receder]
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Hey man,

I really enjoyed this. Great work with the vocal effects and midi!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#370786 - 10/20/16 08:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Secrets of the Trees [Re: receder]
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
receder - Great work on this song! I also really enjoyed the Vocoder sound you chose. The time you spent auditioning the presets was time well spent smile

This is our "Hot Forum Topic" for today!

#370793 - 10/20/16 10:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Secrets of the Trees [Re: David Snyder]
receder Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Hey man,

I really enjoyed this. Great work with the vocal effects and midi!

Thanks a lot David. It was fun making it too smile Stay tuned for version 2 which might even reach the 3 minute mark!

Rec

#370794 - 10/20/16 10:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Secrets of the Trees [Re: Callie - PG Music]
receder Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
receder - Great work on this song! I also really enjoyed the Vocoder sound you chose. The time you spent auditioning the presets was time well spent smile

This is our "Hot Forum Topic" for today!

Thanks a lot Callie. I feel honored to be the Hot Forum Topic.

All the best,
Rec

#370824 - 10/20/16 01:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Secrets of the Trees [Re: receder]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Very, very cool Rec!! This definitely has the retro feel of a time when bands used their imaginations to come up with interesting music. I thought the vocal fx were perfect. Wish the song was longer! Great job!! Take care. Greg

#370846 - 10/20/16 03:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Secrets of the Trees [Re: receder]
receder Offline
Journeyman

Thanks very much Greg. Really appreciate your comments.

I nearly have a new version completed which runs to just over 3 minutes. Just working on the ending. Should be posted tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Rec

#370885 - 10/20/16 08:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Secrets of the Trees [Re: receder]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Rec,

I love that title. There's a really old huge Oak by my house and you wonder at all the changes that giant old tree has lived through.

Very creative writing and production that sounds great.
Also interesting reading how you put it all together.

Much enjoyed. Well done.
My Videos

#370897 - 10/21/16 01:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Secrets of the Trees [Re: receder]
receder Offline
Journeyman

Hi Josie,

Thank you for listening to my song and for your kind words.

I have now finished the new longer version which is still on the same link as the original.

All the best,
Rec

#370968 - 10/21/16 01:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Secrets of the Trees [Re: receder]
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Good and original work; nice sound

Sergio

Sergio

#371010 - 10/22/16 01:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Secrets of the Trees [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
receder Offline
Journeyman

Thanks Sergio, much appreciated.

Rec

#371023 - 10/22/16 06:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Secrets of the Trees [Re: receder]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Rec,

I love this. Sounds like music from the future. Very tight writing carried along on an interesting melody. Enjoyed it.

BTW - is your avatar a Dickens character?

Regards,

Bob

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#371032 - 10/22/16 07:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Secrets of the Trees [Re: 90 dB]
receder Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Rec,

I love this. Sounds like music from the future. Very tight writing carried along on an interesting melody. Enjoyed it.

BTW - is your avatar a Dickens character?

Regards,
Bob

Thanks a lot Bob. I appreciate your comments coming as they do from a master of songwriting.

My avatar is the Mad Hatter (the previous one was the Caterpillar). These are photos I took at a park in Ripon (N Yorks, UK) of a tree sculpture depicting characters from Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Carroll spent time as choirboy at Ripon Cathedral and is said to have been inspired to create the characters by the cathedral's animal carvings. The sculptures were carved using the trunks of a cypress tree.

All the best,
Rec

Edited by receder (10/22/16 07:09 AM)

#371034 - 10/22/16 07:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Secrets of the Trees [Re: receder]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Ah...Mad Hatter. York, you say? One of our senior members is in York City - ROG. I've always wanted to see York Minster myself. cool

Regards,

Bob

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#371039 - 10/22/16 08:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Secrets of the Trees [Re: 90 dB]
receder Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Ah...Mad Hatter. York, you say? One of our senior members is in York City - ROG. I've always wanted to see York Minster myself. cool

Regards,
Bob

I'm about 25 miles from York and I visit there quite a bit. York Minster is an amazing place although I haven't been there in a while. I do recall seeing posts by ROG. I'll have to look him up.

Cheers
Rec

#371079 - 10/22/16 02:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Secrets of the Trees [Re: receder]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Originally Posted By: receder

My avatar is the Mad Hatter (the previous one was the Caterpillar). These are photos I took at a park in Ripon (N Yorks, UK) of a tree sculpture depicting characters from Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Carroll spent time as choirboy at Ripon Cathedral and is said to have been inspired to create the characters by the cathedral's animal carvings. The sculptures were carved using the trunks of a cypress tree.

All the best,
Rec

I thought it looked familiar! Very impressive artwork! It must of taken them a while to carve them out with the style they portray. Do you have photos' of the other ones?

#371160 - 10/23/16 12:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Secrets of the Trees [Re: receder]
receder Offline
Journeyman

Hi Joe,

Yes here's a photo I took of the whole thing...

It includes the Cheshire Cat, Alice, White Rabbit, Caterpillar, Mad Hatter and I think it might be the Dormouse.

Cheers
Rec

Edited by receder (10/23/16 01:21 AM)

#371413 - 10/25/16 05:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Secrets of the Trees [Re: receder]
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Rec,

Interesting! I enjoyed that blast back into an 80's vibe.

And a good read about the effects of Coursera and Pat Pattison.

I am enjoying your music Rec, glad you are back posting!!!

Alyn

#371440 - 10/25/16 08:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Secrets of the Trees [Re: receder]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Very nice and it's not every day you hear the words "soliloquies" and "paradigms" in one song!

As I respond I'm looking out a window at a 150+ year old hardwood forest. Janice and I walk or mountain bike through our forest everyday so your song is even more special for us.

The vocoder works well for us and we are struck at how much work must have gone into this production. We have much enjoyed our listens and thanks for including the back story.

Superb!

J&B
J&B Website

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

User Feedback - Run as Administrator

Our Forum is a great resource for all your Band-in-a-Box questions (and a GREAT place to connect with other program users!)

Among the many forums available, we have a User-to-User Tips & Tricks forum - perfect for sharing your own technical tips and tricks for any PG Music product!

Like the recent post by jford: You Should Run BIAB and RealBand As Administrator!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - Over 25 Entries!

We recently launched an Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest with 4 prizes of $150!

So far, there are more than 25 entries! Have a listen to these entries and submit your own song here.

Contest Rules:
-You must own Band-in-a-Box® 2018 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAK 5 packages (Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, MIDI)
-The song you submit must be your own original composition. This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
-Public domain songs will be accepted.
-Multiple entries are permitted.
-Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles 5 Contest" forum, before the deadline. (This contest runs until September 30th)

For complete information on this contest, click here.

Forum Stats
27979 Members
57 Forums
53971 Topics
445771 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
veman, Clair, Ivica Pencic, fuhawa95, Clayton A Baca

27978 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 456
David Snyder 153