Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#371302 10/24/16 05:48 AM
User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
This took a lot longer than 4 hours, it's taken over 40 years and gone through many changes, ending up rock and then I thought nah! This is cool.
This is about the brother of a girlfriend from the early 1970's who lived on a house boat in Chelsea. She soon moved on but we became week-end drinking buddies. Can't remember his name but this is for him and our mates. We mingled with many people who thought they were cool, man, as he did.

I remember her, oh YES!! Pauline *bangs head on table". We argued in King's road Chelsea London on a hot summer day in 1972/3 and she stormed off with a walk like 2 rats in a sack.She also was in hot p-p-pants and so caused a 3 or 4 car pile up as a guy passing in an open top sports car took a long look at her and drove into the car in front, as they had stopped. At least one car went into the back of him. I strolled to him and his 1st words were something like " *swear word* did you see the **** on that?" and I said something definitely not suitable for this website grin as she was now my ex-girlfriend cry

Cool !!

everyday I sit by the telephone just waitin' for someone to ring me
cos I don't make no phone calls cos that ain't cool
and every night I head down the local bar just to hang around, yeh that's cool
and all those chicks flock around me, cos they know its cool to be at
they just gotta be near me
they just gotta be somewhere where they can touch me smell me
they know I gotta it, you know I got it

I got aah well its just another day in my life another day not to suffer the fools gladly
but I'd gladly suffer cool
hey man did I say that, I didn't mean what I said then it was just ah me just ah
ah cooled by this beat
by the slow time rhythms, hitting them black and whites
yeh its time for some drink
time to think time to aah well there's no rhyme there man
you know I got it
I got it you know what i got
I got cool.

Well I'm getting bored now, seems nobody's talking to me
Hey watcha looking at man, you get those beady eyes back in your head oof,
ok well its time i left, no one seems to appreciate a dude that's cool

I got cool I'm sitting right man
everything is right for me
cos I'm just cool
yeh I got cool
yeh that's cool
yeh I got cool

Style is _SMILES.STY (Smiles Upbeat Train Fingerstyle)
RealTracks in song: 704:Flute, Soloist Bossa Ev 140 normal and double
RealTracks in song: 1397:Bass, Electric, Soul70sSync Ev16 100
RealTracks in style: 1437:Piano, Electric, Rhythm JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110
RealTracks in style: 2514:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking BoomChickJoe Ev16 110
RealTracks in song: 1164:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm CelticReel Ev16 110
RealTracks in song: 1543:Synth Pad, PopBelieve Ev16 065
RealDrums in style: CountryTrain: a: Brushes Soft b: Brushes Hard
RealDrums in song: FunkSanFran a:Snare,Kickb Snare, OopenHihat
Loop in Song: House-Techno-Trance\House - crunchy_120_drums ev16.wav
Loop in Song: 132bpm Tambourine Quarters 4 bars
Loop in Song: House-Techno-Trance\ Trance - kit1beat140b ev16
BossaBrushes_045_snare sample

me on arpeggios and other MIDI bits using the Titanic soundfont.

enjoy

Alyn

gibson #371312 10/24/16 07:00 AM
User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alyn.

Been away in France for a while and then things got kinda busy, but I'm back now and this is the first thing I've listened to.

Hey, yes, that's certainly cool, plus smooth and funky, with a bit of my old neighbour Ian Anderson thrown in for good measure. Love the vocal delivery - not a trace of Welsh ancestry.

It was a good time, the 70s. Loved the whole thing - the clothes, the music, well just everything.

Excellent production and entirely "Gibson".

Cheers, ROG.

gibson #371331 10/24/16 08:30 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very cool Alyn. Reminds me of the coffee house music from the 60's

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
gibson #371362 10/24/16 12:42 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
WOW.

Alyn - you have out-gibsoned anything you have done before.

Can you dig it? Issac Hayes is looking for this, no doubt...

Incredible arrangement. A brilliant use of BIAB tracks (and I don't think I have ever used that word before). The bass, the flute, the guitars, the e.piano... That synth figure from 1:00 to 1:07 - what IS that? - Awesome..."smell me..." HA! Perfect drum choice (I didn't even know there was a "FunkSanFran")...

This is one of the most creative things I've ever heard on this this forum (and there have been many).

Yeh...that's cool...

fj

gibson #371370 10/24/16 01:03 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alyn,

A highly original song with superb backing... such a ton of stuff in the blender there and the end result is so tasty!
I love the different voices in the song... it seems you remembered those characters very well.
You got cool around here.

Robert

gibson #371371 10/24/16 01:06 PM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi Gibson, Nice song! That flute makes a very vibrant intro!. Well done! smile

Cheers,
Joe
gibson #371378 10/24/16 01:45 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alyn,

Yeah, we definitely picture you, hanging around in some local 70s dancing talking to some chicks grin
Like others said, we like the flute, but we like the arpeggio like strings even more!
These are probably not RTs?

Good work !

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

gibson #371381 10/24/16 02:06 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice work gibson
Kinda reminds me of manning1 (ain't heard from him in a quite a while)

Thanks! I appreciate you sharing this.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
gibson #371394 10/24/16 08:55 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello, Alyn

This is very cool.
The dance music around 70 and the voice talk reminds me of Serge Gainsbourg.
Ennui and fatigue feel is expressed so well.
As floyed said, perfect drum choice.
As Rob and Anne-Marie said, the arpeggio like strings is so good.
Great work!
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi

gibson #371395 10/24/16 09:29 PM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice

Alyn
I would have ‘paid’ just to hear that opening story (miss Hot Pants)
But to have the story of those days outlined with a bit of Jethro Tull with a awesome brilliant BiaB work, was over the top.
You really are a talent

Paddy G

Last edited by PaddyG; 10/24/16 09:32 PM.
gibson #371405 10/25/16 01:12 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow, what a great piece of music! Very original to these ears. Loved everything about this, well done!

ROG #371418 10/25/16 03:21 AM
User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
ROG,

Wow you lived next to Mr Anderson!!! When I 1st heard the flute double timed (2nd solo) I thought of him immediately, I did enjoy Jethro Tull.

I don't sound welsh, thankfully grin

Glad to have been around in the 70's, such great times

Glad you enjoyed the trip into "Cool"

take care

Alyn

Scott C #371419 10/25/16 03:24 AM
User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Scott,
I missed the coffee house scene. I was in Chelsea on the way, probably, to the next happening: Poetry, Pints and Jazz.

Glad you enjoyed

Alyn

gibson #371421 10/25/16 03:36 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"This is one of the most creative things I've ever heard on this this forum (and there have been many)."

We're down with floyd on this one!

We watched a documentary on Jethro Tull last week so it immediately came to mind when we heard this. I've heard that bossa flute used in many contexts and it works amazingly well here.

As always your back stories are worth the admission alone. I suspect we may be around the same age but your memory is waaaaaay more textured than mine.

Your ability to ferret out seemingly disparate RT/RD's and make it all work is second to none.

And the lyric nailed the back story.

$@#&%^ good!!

J&B

gibson #371439 10/25/16 05:27 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Wow Alyn! You have excelled yourself again. I have a feeling that's not the last time I will be saying that.

Such a great mix RTs that I would never have thought of combining.

Spot on vocals and a great story to boot!
What's not to like :-)

Will be listening to this on headphones later while supping a Vintage Cider or two.
That should transport me back nicely to the 70s!

Top work!
Rec

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.
gibson #371499 10/25/16 10:29 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
COOOOOOOOOOOL!!! This is so creative. AND the way you fused these RTs is amazing-like bringing together people who have nothing seemingly in common, and the just hit it off. That flute works perfectly. Love the spoken lyrics. PG music should contract you to make some Real Styles combinations. This is OFF THE HOOK!! Take care. Greg

gibson #371542 10/25/16 03:45 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alyn

Yeah!!(and what floyd and others said).

Peter

floyd jane #371575 10/25/16 08:33 PM
User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
WOW.

Alyn - you have out-gibsoned anything you have done before.

Can you dig it? Issac Hayes is looking for this, no doubt...

Incredible arrangement. A brilliant use of BIAB tracks (and I don't think I have ever used that word before). The bass, the flute, the guitars, the e.piano... That synth figure from 1:00 to 1:07 - what IS that? - Awesome..."smell me..." HA! Perfect drum choice (I didn't even know there was a "FunkSanFran")...

This is one of the most creative things I've ever heard on this this forum (and there have been many).

Yeh...that's cool...

fj

Cheeers floyd,
that was an embarrassing review blush THANKS.
That synth figure at 1.00 was me. I did that when this song was a rock song and kept the riff, man, as it was soo cool. It is a combination of some piano, strings and synth soundfonts.

No I didn't know FunkSanFran existed either but I was struggling to get a good drum beat and after what seemed like weeks I stumbled on it.

It is a good example of why I like to read the RTs etc used by posters as I then come across stuff I have never considered, or heard of, before.

Without BIAB this song would not have existed in this form. I have the original strumming version from the time and may pop it into BIAB.

Thanks for listening, man. laugh

Alyn

Robertkc #371576 10/25/16 08:42 PM
User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Alyn,

A highly original song with superb backing... such a ton of stuff in the blender there and the end result is so tasty!
I love the different voices in the song... it seems you remembered those characters very well.
You got cool around here.

Robert

Thanks Robert,

It took a long while to whittle the song down to just these RTs etc

The events/car crash are engraved in my memory as I lived off the story for a long while and I remember him because he introduced me to the Triumph TR sports car range, especially the Tr6 as I had a 250bhp model for many years. I also met him once in a car show about 10 years later and the events surrounding his sister's walk were well received in the bar over a beer or two.

Glad you are cool ,man!

Alyn

User Showcase
gibson Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hi Gibson, Nice song! That flute makes a very vibrant intro!. Well done! smile

Joe, yeh that flute set the style of the song as soon as I heard it. Almost everything else changed then to fit.

Glad you enjoyed

Alyn

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,579
Posts734,676
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200