Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi all
I have just purchased and installed the 2017 Mega upgrade ,over last years 2016 Mega
Was it worth it or should I have gone for the plus pack this time.
I don’t seem to have got much extra and a lot of the downloads I had last year.
I do of course have the new program and Gui (cant get on with that yet still finding my way round last years)
On the subject of files that I can download from my account many are the same as last years , one of these is Loops Set 2 and Held Chord Styles (Windows) I did not download last year but have now . My question is what is what is it for, where can I find and use it, what does it do I am at a total loss.
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I hate having things installed when I don’t know what they are for.
You patience and help much appreciated
Mike

Last edited by Mike Head; 12/16/16 06:27 AM.

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
Veteran
Veteran
As I understand it, pretty much the ProPak and the MegaPak don't change much from year to year (although I would imagine there is some new stuff there), other than getting you the new BIAB and RealBand main programs (which are the same in every PAK). If you could have afforded it, I would have probably upgraded to the UltraPlusPak, as that gives you everything except some of the PGMusic Video Tutorial PAK (many of which are dated) and the MIDI songs and Lessons PAK.

If you are within your 30 days, I believe you could do the upgrade for the difference in what you already paid.

The ProPak is really just to get you started with what BIAB can do. The MegaPak adds enough RealTracks to keep your interest, but the UltraPlusPak is where it really shines. And although they may change it in the future, the annual ProPak upgrade (usually for $99) gives you everything you need to make your previous UltraPlusPak the new UltraPlusPak. That to me is the most economical way to stay up to date with everything related to BIAB/RealBand.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Veteran
Veteran
I always get the Everything Pak and get all the new stuff. It's worth it. Yes, follow John's advice and contact Sales@pgmusic.com - or - you can do a live chat with them.

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thank you

John and Mike for your thoughtful replies .
I felt I had misunderstood the pack upgrade structure.
I will contact them and see if I can upgrade for the difference
Thanks so much for your help.

Now can anyone help on the second question re :
Loops Set 2 and Held Chord Styles ?
I still cant workout what and where they are.
Best regards
Mike

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Mike Head

Now can anyone help on the second question re :
Loops Set 2 and Held Chord Styles ?
I still cant workout what and where they are.
Best regards
Mike

BiaB and RB added the capability to read tempo and key signature information embedded in an Acidized wave file, or Acid loop, in 2014. When the program has the capability to read the embedded information the program can transpose and tempo shift the loop much better.

When this capability was added some BiaB users were not familiar with how to use loops or where to find them so PG Music purchased the license to use a loop library which PG Music called Loop Set 1. Loop Set 1 was well received so PG Music added a second loop library, Loop Set 2.

There was a forum wishlist request with a fair amount of support from other users for more held chord styles for the purpose of using the songs as simple background sounds.

Many of the 2017 new features seem to be in response to wishlist requests.

Cheers!

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks for that,
Jim I knew someone would know the answer.
Probably the reason I couldn’t see what it was all about is I don’t seem to have any held chord styles in the megapacks
Sure all will be revealed if I can re upgrade to the ultra plus upgrade.
Thanks for the info.
Best regards
Mike

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi all

Not had any response from PG sales re changing my upgrade and paying the difference.
Still it is weekend .it probably did not help that I sent my original request to marketing by mistake last night.
Have since sent a copy to sales at 1607 g m t allowing for g m t-8 from here in uk they may have been around if they work Saturday.
Best wait till Monday now before doing any more don’t want to make it too confusing
with multiple messages.
Thanks again for your time help and advice chaps I will let you know what happens.
Best regards
Mike

Veteran
Veteran
Mike,

Seeing that you are in the UK, it might pay for you to investigate import taxes.

I recall reading a number of times on this forum that the British government charges for the importing of the USB drive. Maybe someone who has recently purchased BIAB as the USB drive version will read this and offer a little more insight.

The above being said, I have to say that you won't regret upgrading. The UltraPlusPak or EverythingPak with all Realtracks and Realdums are sensational.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Mike,

Noel is right about the UK import taxes on the USB drive versions. frown Just got the UltraPlus pack of BIAB 2016 about six weeks ago and it arrived by Fed EX in just three days by Priority delivery (amazingly fast from so far away!!) Just signed for the package and nothing was said about any extra charges by the FedEX driver.
About a week later I got an invoice for extra £44+ UK taxes from FedEx.

Still..... BIAB & RB worth every bit of the money !! I'm thinking of upgrading to 2017 and still trying to find out whether the new USB flash drives attract any extra UK taxes too??

Regards

Kevin

BIAB 2022 PLUSPAK (ext HD), 49PAKs, STYLESPAKs 1 - 6, Win 7 64bit PC, REAPER, Ozone, Adobe Audition CS6, EZ Drummer3 + EZ Keys,Soundcraft MTK22, Behringer X Touch Universal Controller,, SE Gemini/Rode NT2/Neumann/Shure mics
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi all

Well the good news is after a live chat I managed to change my upgrade to the plus ultra pack and pay the top up over live chat.
Full marks to those nice folk at PG music great prompt and efficient service.
I decided to go the download route because of import duties on hard drives and am pleased to say it all went well,
Just needed another live chat to update my serial no by editing und deleting tickets,
As the new install came up with the 2017 mega ser no that I had previously installed over 2016.
Once again concise and helpful full instruction to do this from live chat.

Now running the update manager to update real tracks etc.
All going well.
So once again thanks for your help and advice on this one.
A big thank you to the live chat section at PG once I got my head around the time difference gmt -8hrs
Best regards
Mike

Veteran
Veteran
So glad it worked out for you. Now the fun begins.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195