You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#336682 - 02/15/16 09:09 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10?
jazzwombat Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Balmer, Merlan, USA
I use an M-Audio Fast Track Ultra audio interface with BIAB. My short-range upgrade pathway is to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and BIAB2014 to BIAB2016.

Does anyone on the forum use the Fast Track Ultra? Are there drivers for Windows 10? Any problems to know?

Thanks (and sorry for the off-topic question),

Bob

#336721 - 02/15/16 12:37 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
LtKojak Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Milano, Italy
I have a lowly M-Track, and the latency never went over 7.5ms on Win10.

HTH,
Hy-Bro Test Sound Files

#336795 - 02/16/16 06:27 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: LtKojak]
jazzwombat Offline
Journeyman

Thanks, and good to know. Did the driver update for Win10 automatically download during your upgrade to Win10, or did you have to manually install it? (If the latter, where did you find the latest Win10 driver?)

#336813 - 02/16/16 08:43 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
musiclover Offline
Expert

Using the fast track pro on 10, went ok, upgrade from windows 8.1 didn't need to reinstall driver again.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 7 and 10 (32 bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro,Band in a Box 2018 Cubase 5.0 and Cubase elements 7.0.

#336824 - 02/16/16 09:19 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
jford Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
I have the Fastrack Pro (not the Ultra) and my upgrade to Windows 10 seemed to have picked up the driver from Windows 7 (I did not have to re-install). Likewise on my Windows 8.1 computer when I upgraded to Windows 10 - no need to re-install.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#336961 - 02/17/16 06:36 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
jazzwombat Offline
Journeyman

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your replies. It sounds like an upgrade from 7 to 10 shouldn't be too much of an issue for my FastTrack.

#337008 - 02/17/16 12:43 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
LtKojak Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Milano, Italy
Sorry to be the one bearing the bad news:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Download/Fast-Track-Ultra-Drivers?retURL=%2Fpkb%2Farticles%2Fen_US%2FDownload%2FFast-Track-Ultra-Drivers&popup=true

"6.1.10 Oct 10, 2014 This is the final driver release for the Fast Track Ultra.
Note that Windows 10 (or later) is not compatible and will not be qualified"

Looks like you're out of luck.

HTH,

Edited by LtKojak (02/17/16 12:45 PM)
Hy-Bro Test Sound Files

#337026 - 02/17/16 02:32 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
musiclover Offline
Expert

Says the same for fast track pro, but wouldn't pay much attention to that as myself and others seem to have it working ok in 10.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 7 and 10 (32 bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro,Band in a Box 2018 Cubase 5.0 and Cubase elements 7.0.

#337113 - 02/18/16 06:33 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
jazzwombat Offline
Journeyman

Bummer about that LtKojak, but I guess I'll just have to try and see _when_ I upgrade, which may occur later rather than sooner.

#337161 - 02/18/16 01:49 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
PhillyJazz Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Philly
I finally bounced my Fast Track Ultra after Avid treated it as a redheaded stepchild too long. I replaced it with a Scarlett Focusrite 2i4 and have had a lot fewer headaches. I always found the Fast Track software interface confusing with all the busses and whatnot.

I hate to replace hardware that works, but if something causes my 4-5 of additional unnecessary aggravation in a month, and it is not officially supported by my OS, it gets replaced.
Samsung m.2 SSD Boot drive,other internal and USB drives.
XENXY 802 analog mixer
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Yamaha RX-v381amp
VB-Audio virtual cables

#337232 - 02/19/16 06:02 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: PhillyJazz]
jazzwombat Offline
Journeyman

Yes. I feel the same way about the FTU: the user interface (to this day) is quite confusing, although I've had next to no problems with my FTU. It is a heck of a lot better than the old EMU 4x4 it replaced. BTW, I'll keep the Scarlett Focusrite 2i4 in mind if I need to replace. Thanks for the tip.

#337264 - 02/19/16 12:11 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
PhillyJazz Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Philly
Software is pretty much always more flexible and versatile than hardware, but there are certain things in life where I just like to turn a dial or push a physical button and see stuff light up. I also like the Ketron 4 for that reason. I can always do what I need on the box if the software isn't cooperating.
Samsung m.2 SSD Boot drive,other internal and USB drives.
XENXY 802 analog mixer
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Yamaha RX-v381amp
VB-Audio virtual cables

#385402 - 12/21/16 04:07 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
AnakoAlbert Offline

For the MAudio Windows 10 drivers, you can get it from here: https://www.driverdr.com/maudio-drivers/.

And if you find the Maudio Fastrack driver you download do not work or not compatible with the Windows 10 system, you can try to enter the device manager, and then uninstall the driver and reinstall it again. Windows will automatically help you do this. And you can view this step by step: https://www.driverdr.com/windows10/update-m-audio-drivers-for-windows-10/

And here is the list of Maudio hardware which released the Windows 10 version drivers: Maudio products drivers compatible with windows 10

#385415 - 12/21/16 05:32 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: M-Audio FastTrack driver for Win10? [Re: jazzwombat]
Kevin Woolley Offline
Expert

Loc: Pietersburg, South Africa
I have the Fast Track Ultra 8R linked to a laptop and have installed the latest driver that is on Avid's website and it works without any problems whatsoever.

I use the laptop and interface in a live situation regularly and I trust it not to give me any problems. (It hasn't so far)

Live I use backings from BIAB, backings from mp3's and play live instruments like TruePianos and Lounge Lizard all on the same computer simultaneously. I can plug my microphone into the Fast Track and have reverb effects on my voice (controlled through the Fast Track's mixer)

Of course the reason to say they're not supporting Win 10 is so that you will happily go and spend more money on a new interface - interfaces are not something you buy on a regular basis!

I also have an old M-Audio Delta 1010 which works with no problems on a desktop computer with Windows 10.

Kevin smile

PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27835 Members
51 Forums
53022 Topics
440114 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
HCM, iyana, mfandrich, Lefaff, alleas23

27835 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 152