You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#385776 - 12/22/16 04:08 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements
Jareth - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi all,

This video highlights some of the great new mixer enhancements and the fully-featured floating mixer in Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Windows.

Important note: this new floating mixer was added in 2017 build 455 (which is available dec 22 8pm est ) from the support page here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support.htm

You can find the video here:
Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Windows - Mixer Enhancements

And here is an index:
Basic Functionality
Soloing Enhancements
Muting Enhancements
Mixer Piano Enhancements
Floating Mixer Resizing

If you're interested in purchasing Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Windows, you can find our pricing chart here:
Purchase Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Windows

Jareth

Edited by Jareth - PG Music (12/23/16 03:22 PM)

#385782 - 12/22/16 04:48 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
roslon Offline
Enthusiast

Nice

#386106 - 12/24/16 08:03 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: roslon]
Tony Wright Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Waterloo Ontario Canada
The new floating mixer is fantastic - well done.

One final request that I have posted on wishlist is to make the master Volume control work with an external synth instead of just RT's and Vst/DXi. Balancing BIAB and my keyboard volume is a continuing challenge and since I use an external synth, I cannot use this control unless the style has no MIDI tracks. There must be lots of other users in this situation.

Thanks
Tony

#386110 - 12/24/16 08:16 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
MikeK Offline
Veteran

Loc: Buford, GA
Very cool!!!

My Music * PC: Avatar FX8366ice AMD FX-8350(4.0GHz) 16GB DDR3 6TB HDD+128GB SSD HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Win 10 64-Bit. AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2017

#386615 - 12/27/16 09:38 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
Moshe13us Offline
Enthusiast

OK
I wrongly questioned the usefulness (at least for me) of the new interface in another forum place (so I have to rewrite it there) :
in short, I have no problems with the 456 update, except that I personally prefer to keep the previous GUI : 1 fixed mixer + another 1 that could be docked, moved, or made appear/disappear at will. Hence my question : is it possible to keep this feature with 456 or should I definitely stick to 454 build ?
Secondly, and more important : 5 latin styles from RT264 are tagged as N/A in stylepicker (and aren't there indeed), despite re-installs. Am I the only one to face this ?
thanx for help

#386622 - 12/27/16 10:06 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

>>> Hence my question : is it possible to keep this feature with 456 or should I definitely stick to 454 build ?

In the "full toolbar mode" with the big toolbar, you can either have a floating mixer or a fixed mixer. Ctrl-Shift-M hotkey toggles between them (As does pressing the button in the top right of the mixer)

In the new "small toolbar mode" you can either have a floating mixer or no mixer. (Ctrl-Shift-M toggles that).

So Ctrl-Shift-M hotkey toggles the mixer views and Ctrl-T switches between full toolbar and small toolbar. There also buttons to do that, and menu items too.

It is not possible to have two full sized mixers on the screen at once. This is the same as many (possible all) other windows, in BBW. For example, you can't have two notation windows at once (floating or fixed - not both). Or two guitars, two chordsheet windows etc. etc.

#386638 - 12/27/16 11:40 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
Moshe13us Offline
Enthusiast

I completely understand the benefits to avoid the redondance of 2 similar mixer windows with this update: for its true practical usefulness, I'll wait and see...
The second issue (missing styles) is more frustrating, first of all with an update supposed to "fix" issues. I'm still waiting for support team feedback...
Mo.

#386640 - 12/27/16 11:49 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Moshe13us]
RichardWilliams Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Hi Mo,

You could try re-downloading realtracks264-266.exe.

A few days ago I clicked "Show ONLY N/A (not found) Styles" in the Stylepicker and came up with 13 styles from the 2017 release (including 5 from set 264) plus a further 18 midi supertrack styles. The puzzling thing was that when I checked, I had all the realtracks and MIDI supertracks that were included in these styles.

I had installed the realtracks_dec2016_patch and these styles were still listed as "n/a".

I bought and downloaded all the files on 1 December. I decided to re-download the four new realtracks sets plus the 2017_49pak.exe. When I did so I discovered that the realtracks sets were dated 8 December and were considerably larger than the original ones I had downloaded previously. The new 2017_49pak.exe was dated 6 December. After I reinstalled the realtrack sets the realtrack styles were no longer listed as "n/a" and reinstalling the 49pak corrected the missing MIDI supertracks.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

#386663 - 12/27/16 01:40 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
Moshe13us Offline
Enthusiast

Richard, you're right, I'll follow your advice :
- re-download + reinstall RT set 264-266
- same story for 2017_49pak.exe
Maybe it could be linked to the use of a download manager, which happens to miss some bytes of the exe ?? (explanation not certified...)
Most puzzling is that, even though the 5 styles tagged as N/A by stylepicker,(for info: _BRASLIA.STY.
_CERTEZA.STY
_FLAUTA.STY
_MELODIA.STY
_SURDINA.STY.
each drums/instruments parts of these styles are actually available (as if it were an issue of just 5 missing files)...
I'll let u know what's going on
Anyway, have a great 2017 full of health and good music...
Mo.

#386676 - 12/27/16 02:17 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
Moshe13us Offline
Enthusiast

I just downloaded the RT 264-266 set : you were perfectly right :
1st download 12.03.16 = 700.265 Ko
2st download (today) = 700.764 Ko
As for the 2017_49pak.exe :
1st download 12.02.16: 1.270.284 Ko
Today = 1.302.442 Ko

Bottom Line : I owe you a bottle of good wine (or whatever you wish)...
I'm currently doing the same for other files now !
Richard For President !!!

#388065 - 01/03/17 03:13 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
BishopJD Offline

Loc: East Tennessee
I just upgraded from BIAB 2010 to 2017 for Windows and I love the idea of the floating mixer, however, for some reason when I choose the floating mixer it doesn't look like the mixer in the video. There is a patch button and volume button, and so, on in the floating mixer window.......but no mixer button...no meters...What am I missing? Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

#388104 - 01/03/17 07:37 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Have you updated to the latest BIAB 2017 update patch?

#1-Win10Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
#2-Win10Pro-64,16GB,SSDBoot,7200RPM
#3-Win7Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
H/W: Onboard audio, FastTrack Pro, Casio Kbds
S/W: BB/RB2017/Sonar/Reaper/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/
NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web: http://www.sus4chord.com

#388201 - 01/03/17 01:53 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: jford]
BishopJD Offline

Loc: East Tennessee
Got it. I thought I was running the latest update because I had ran the updater from within BIAB but I actually had to go to the website and download the update. Now it is functioning properly and I love the floating mixer. Thanks for the help. Peace.

#390757 - 01/16/17 01:53 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: BishopJD]
Beachboy Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Australia
Looks like some feel the enhancements need a bit of a tweak.
Wishlist for Combo Slider

#392771 - 01/27/17 07:01 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Beachboy]
Beachboy Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Australia
lol - Discovered today that if you hold the SHIFT Key and adjust any volume slider it does what the old floating mixer Combo did (Adjusts levels Mix intact).
CTRL drag moves all sliders to same levels.

PG Music News
RealBand 2017 Patch Update Available! (Build 8)

Attention RealBand 2017 users - the latest patch update (build 8) is available, and can be downloaded here.

Summary of Changes for Version 2017 Build 8:
Fixed: Empty MIDI SuperTracks and Best Soloist dialogs.
Fixed: After the end of a song, it would continue to play silence if Always On MME was enabled.
Fixed: CPU meter would say "PT" during bootup.

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2017 for Windows Patch Update 468 Available!

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows users - the latest patch update (468) is available, and can be downloaded here.

Summary of Changes for Version 2017 Build 468:
Fixed: Various popup dialogs (eg editing volume on mixer) might appear partially off screen.
Fixed: Setting "Audio Master (Base) Tempo" does not take effect until reloading the song.
Fixed: If importing audio while launching the Audio Chord Wizard, the wrong audio master tempo is set, causing the audio track to never be in sync with the style.
Fixed: Dragging to the WAV quadrant of the drop station would ignore the "Drag Master as separate tracks" setting.
Fixed: The [Edit Soloist] and [Edit Melody] buttons in the Event List Editor dialog did not work.
Fixed: Disabling "Draw interpolation" would cause random lines between sample points in the Audio Edit window.
Fixed: If a THRU harmony is selected, then Band-in-a-Box would freeze when soloing the Soloist or Thru tracks.
Fixed: Changing the color setting for "Window background" in the Audio Edit window had no effect.
Fixed: Hitting [Cancel] in the Audio Edit Settings dialog would cause a random zoom to occur.
Fixed: The [Sample] button in the Audio Edit window would zoom in to the far left of the screen, rather than to the cursor.
Fixed: If opening a song that was saved in the Mac version, a random character would be inserted at the beginning of these lead sheet fields: "Style", "Tempo", "Copyright", "Composer", and "Composer2".
Fixed: When exporting a video of the chord sheet, the the resulting video might be cropped.
Fixed: The drop station would take a few seconds to respond during the first attempt to drag and drop.

Band-in-a-Box® Video Tutorial VHS - #TBT

WOW - Look at what we came across! The Inside Band-in-a-Box Instructional Video Series for Band-in-a-Box Version 7!

Take a look...

These covered so many different topics... we needed 2 VHS tapes! From the basics of entering a song, chords, transposing, notation, recording a melody, etc. to advanced features like working with harmonies, secrets to the StyleMaker, drum patters, recording patterns and more, these videos were a hit!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® and Pro Tools

Are you a Pro Tools user? Have you seen our video, Using Band-in-a-Box to Supercharge Pro Tools?

Watch it now to learn how the powerful combination of Band-in-a-Box® and Pro Tools can boost your music creativity: Video - Using Band-in-a-Box to Supercharge Pro Tools

YouTube Find - My First Backing Track, First YouTube Video

We love that YouTube user Rick Mccann posted a video playing along with his first backing track using Band-in-a-Box!

Watch - First YouTube Video

What a great job - hopefully we see more from Rick!

User Tip - Differences Between the 'Regular' and Audiophile Version... #TipTuesday

Long time program user and forum member Matt Finley had shared his tip regarding the Audiophile version of Band-in-a-Box earlier this year, and it's still valid today!

If you've ever wondered what the difference between the 'regular version' of Band-in-a-Box and the Audiophile version, make sure you read through his forum post: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version - it's well written, and always great to hear about the program from fellow users!

The Audiophile Version includes the entire contents of the EverythingPAK and adds the uncompressed WAV or AIFF files for all the included RealTracks & RealDrums! Learn more about the Audiophile version: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.audiophile.htm

Band-in-a-Box® User Feedback - Wow!

There are so many ways to get in touch with people these days... phone, email, social networking, etc.... so of course we hear more feedback from program users these days!
...and here's what they're saying:

"I discovered Band in a Box about a year ago. I hesitated several times before purchasing it as I couldn't quite believe it was going to be as good as the hype. I eventually relented and I can honestly say, it's an incredible program and does some amazing things. As a songwriter, it's an indispensable tool and I can't imagine not having it."
-Vince C.

"I bought the first band in a box for my Atari 1040 ST and I used it for at least 10 years before upgrading to a Windows computer. After real drums, and then real tracks, came out I have upgraded every December since. The program is absolutely inspired and inspirational."
-Kirk O.

"Not everyone can find or afford real musicians to assist them when writing songs - and if working from home, as many songwriters do, there might not be room for them. Band In A Box does the next best thing and takes recordings of real musicians performing, then makes the material available pretty much in real time, in a form that adapts to your own composition by following the chord sequences. Hard to explain simply, but fairly amazing in practice."
-Steve C.

"Great tool for musicians - and the drummer keeps a steady beat!!"
-Maurice A.

"Great for learning new songs. I was weak on country rock songs and with the combination of using Riffstation and BIAB I am able to creat my own backup track for live performance and practicing songs with easier chording... Thanks PG!"
-Laurent C.

"I have it since 2001, use it all the time, great program!"
-John F.

"Thank you Band in a Box. I am a songwriter, and don't play several instruments, so I love being able to wear 2 hats and write and produce, and then later record vocals... You have probably saved me months/years on my project. Excellent tool. Thanks again!"
-Randy A.

"Didn't think I would ever go down that road but got roped into it by another muso friend, bought it and now loving it!"
-Fred P.

Let us know what you think! Post a review on our Band-in-a-Box Comments page, visit our Facebook page, or contact us directly.

Forum Stats
26497 Members
50 Forums
47928 Topics
391218 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
jim graves, markmick, Voltrane, RyanR, Steve S

26496 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 184
VideoTrack 157