You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#385776 - 12/22/16 04:08 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements
Jareth - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi all,

This video highlights some of the great new mixer enhancements and the fully-featured floating mixer in Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Windows.

Important note: this new floating mixer was added in 2017 build 455 (which is available dec 22 8pm est ) from the support page here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support.htm

You can find the video here:
Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Windows - Mixer Enhancements

And here is an index:
Basic Functionality
Soloing Enhancements
Muting Enhancements
Mixer Piano Enhancements
Floating Mixer Resizing

If you're interested in purchasing Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Windows, you can find our pricing chart here:
Purchase Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Windows

Jareth

Edited by Jareth - PG Music (12/23/16 03:22 PM)

#385782 - 12/22/16 04:48 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
roslon Offline
Enthusiast

Nice

#386106 - 12/24/16 08:03 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: roslon]
Tony Wright Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Waterloo Ontario Canada
The new floating mixer is fantastic - well done.

One final request that I have posted on wishlist is to make the master Volume control work with an external synth instead of just RT's and Vst/DXi. Balancing BIAB and my keyboard volume is a continuing challenge and since I use an external synth, I cannot use this control unless the style has no MIDI tracks. There must be lots of other users in this situation.

Thanks
Tony

#386110 - 12/24/16 08:16 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
MikeK Offline
Expert

Loc: Buford, GA
Very cool!!!

My Music * PC: Avatar FX8366ice AMD FX-8350(4.0GHz) 16GB DDR3 6TB HDD+128GB SSD HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Win 10 64-Bit. AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2017

#386615 - 12/27/16 09:38 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
Moshe13us Offline
Enthusiast

OK
I wrongly questioned the usefulness (at least for me) of the new interface in another forum place (so I have to rewrite it there) :
in short, I have no problems with the 456 update, except that I personally prefer to keep the previous GUI : 1 fixed mixer + another 1 that could be docked, moved, or made appear/disappear at will. Hence my question : is it possible to keep this feature with 456 or should I definitely stick to 454 build ?
Secondly, and more important : 5 latin styles from RT264 are tagged as N/A in stylepicker (and aren't there indeed), despite re-installs. Am I the only one to face this ?
thanx for help

#386622 - 12/27/16 10:06 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

>>> Hence my question : is it possible to keep this feature with 456 or should I definitely stick to 454 build ?

In the "full toolbar mode" with the big toolbar, you can either have a floating mixer or a fixed mixer. Ctrl-Shift-M hotkey toggles between them (As does pressing the button in the top right of the mixer)

In the new "small toolbar mode" you can either have a floating mixer or no mixer. (Ctrl-Shift-M toggles that).

So Ctrl-Shift-M hotkey toggles the mixer views and Ctrl-T switches between full toolbar and small toolbar. There also buttons to do that, and menu items too.

It is not possible to have two full sized mixers on the screen at once. This is the same as many (possible all) other windows, in BBW. For example, you can't have two notation windows at once (floating or fixed - not both). Or two guitars, two chordsheet windows etc. etc.

#386638 - 12/27/16 11:40 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
Moshe13us Offline
Enthusiast

I completely understand the benefits to avoid the redondance of 2 similar mixer windows with this update: for its true practical usefulness, I'll wait and see...
The second issue (missing styles) is more frustrating, first of all with an update supposed to "fix" issues. I'm still waiting for support team feedback...
Mo.

#386640 - 12/27/16 11:49 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Moshe13us]
RichardWilliams Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Hi Mo,

You could try re-downloading realtracks264-266.exe.

A few days ago I clicked "Show ONLY N/A (not found) Styles" in the Stylepicker and came up with 13 styles from the 2017 release (including 5 from set 264) plus a further 18 midi supertrack styles. The puzzling thing was that when I checked, I had all the realtracks and MIDI supertracks that were included in these styles.

I had installed the realtracks_dec2016_patch and these styles were still listed as "n/a".

I bought and downloaded all the files on 1 December. I decided to re-download the four new realtracks sets plus the 2017_49pak.exe. When I did so I discovered that the realtracks sets were dated 8 December and were considerably larger than the original ones I had downloaded previously. The new 2017_49pak.exe was dated 6 December. After I reinstalled the realtrack sets the realtrack styles were no longer listed as "n/a" and reinstalling the 49pak corrected the missing MIDI supertracks.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

#386663 - 12/27/16 01:40 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
Moshe13us Offline
Enthusiast

Richard, you're right, I'll follow your advice :
- re-download + reinstall RT set 264-266
- same story for 2017_49pak.exe
Maybe it could be linked to the use of a download manager, which happens to miss some bytes of the exe ?? (explanation not certified...)
Most puzzling is that, even though the 5 styles tagged as N/A by stylepicker,(for info: _BRASLIA.STY.
_CERTEZA.STY
_FLAUTA.STY
_MELODIA.STY
_SURDINA.STY.
each drums/instruments parts of these styles are actually available (as if it were an issue of just 5 missing files)...
I'll let u know what's going on
Anyway, have a great 2017 full of health and good music...
Mo.

#386676 - 12/27/16 02:17 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
Moshe13us Offline
Enthusiast

I just downloaded the RT 264-266 set : you were perfectly right :
1st download 12.03.16 = 700.265 Ko
2st download (today) = 700.764 Ko
As for the 2017_49pak.exe :
1st download 12.02.16: 1.270.284 Ko
Today = 1.302.442 Ko

Bottom Line : I owe you a bottle of good wine (or whatever you wish)...
I'm currently doing the same for other files now !
Richard For President !!!

#388065 - 01/03/17 03:13 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
BishopJD Offline

Loc: East Tennessee
I just upgraded from BIAB 2010 to 2017 for Windows and I love the idea of the floating mixer, however, for some reason when I choose the floating mixer it doesn't look like the mixer in the video. There is a patch button and volume button, and so, on in the floating mixer window.......but no mixer button...no meters...What am I missing? Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

#388104 - 01/03/17 07:37 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Jareth - PG Music]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Have you updated to the latest BIAB 2017 update patch?

#1-Win10Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
#2-Win10Pro-64,16GB,SSDBoot,7200RPM
#3-Win7Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
H/W: Onboard audio, FastTrack Pro, Casio Kbds
S/W: BB/RB2017/Sonar/Reaper/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/
NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web: http://www.sus4chord.com

#388201 - 01/03/17 01:53 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: jford]
BishopJD Offline

Loc: East Tennessee
Got it. I thought I was running the latest update because I had ran the updater from within BIAB but I actually had to go to the website and download the update. Now it is functioning properly and I love the floating mixer. Thanks for the help. Peace.

#390757 - 01/16/17 01:53 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: BishopJD]
Beachboy Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Australia
Looks like some feel the enhancements need a bit of a tweak.
Wishlist for Combo Slider

#392771 - 01/27/17 07:01 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements [Re: Beachboy]
Beachboy Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Australia
lol - Discovered today that if you hold the SHIFT Key and adjust any volume slider it does what the old floating mixer Combo did (Adjusts levels Mix intact).
CTRL drag moves all sliders to same levels.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® User Feedback - Thank You!

Take a look at some of the recent feedback we've received from program users just like you:

"I started using Band-in-a-Box October 2016 . It's been money very well spent. I'm now nearing the finish of my first All Originals Cd. I let a local musician hear some of the songs and he was amazed at the quality. Guys it takes time and effort to learn but its worth it 100%!"
-John S.

"Amazing RealTracks I have used these on 30 or more songs! Some even used complex chords that amazed me how well the Banjo still worked. Unbelievable Software! All the backup band you will ever need no matter what your skill level!"
-Tom C.

"Like lots of others I use it all the time, putting in the chords of a tune, choosing the right style and tempo is a godsend, I'm a jazz musician and playing tunes and improvising with chords in front of you is brilliant, less than an hour ago I was playing my tenor sax along with my Band-in-a-Box backing band."
-Barrie M.

"I love Band-in-a-Box! I use it every day to practice, compose, and teach guitar lessons. Keep up the great work, PG!"
-Brian P.

"A Great business....a great program and a fantastic way to easily create your own songs....or backing tracks to play along with.....a program that everyone should get...."
-Leonard A.

"Band-in-a-Box has been one of my favorite programs since it first came out. Wonderful concept, very well executed."
-Doug S.

"Amazing Software. Use it all the time. Makes very convincing backing tracks!!!"
-Paul P.

Thank you everyone!

Let us know what you think! Post a review on our Band-in-a-Box Comments page, visit our Facebook page, or contact us directly.

User Article - How I Write and Produce Songs with Band-in-a-Box®

Listen to the SoundCloud account for forum user Buford, and you'll see that has written and uploaded more than 20 songs!

Want to know his secret? Check out his recent blog post: How I Write and Produce Songs with Band-in-a-Box, which he was nice enough to share to our Songwriting Forum - Thanks Bob!

Another Great YouTube Find - Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2

Troy Brenningmeyer uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks in his latest tutorial video, Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2 - 7th Extensions:

Video: Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2 - 7th Extensions

Another great example of how you can use your Band-in-a-Box creations in your own projects!

The Xtra Styles Song Contest has Ended - Over 50 Entries!

Thank you to everyone that submitted their entries in our Xtra Styles PAK 3 Contest!

We are listening to all the entries, and will be announcing the Winners on Monday, August 21st.

Good luck everyone!

YouTube Find - There Are No Bad Guitars

The latest video from EricBlackmonGuitar is a great demonstration of the different types of guitars out there, and how there really is no such thing as a bad guitar!

Video: Multi-Guitar Solo Review Of INEXPENSIVE GUITARS

Eric uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks in his tutorial videos... Just one of the many ways program users can incorporate their Band-in-a-Box songs into other projects!

Xtra Styles Song Contest - Ends August 15th!

If you've purchased your Xtra Styles PAK 3 for Band-in-a-Box® 2017, don't forget to create and submit a song usings one of these new Xtra Styles to our Xtra Styles Contest forum for your chance to WIN $150 USD coupon to use on your next PG Music Inc. product purchase!

Hurry! This contest ends at midnight on August 15th! Complete contest information and contest rules list here.

Good luck everyone!

Hip Hop - Happy 44th Anniversary!

Today we celebrate the 44th anniversary of the birth of Hip Hop!

Learn more about the history of Hip Hop, courtesy of Google: https://www.google.com/doodles/44th-anniversary-of-the-birth-of-hip-hop

Now, you may not associate Hip Hop with Band-in-a-Box, but you should!!! There are over 50 hits when you search for the Hip Hop genre in the StylePicker window, including Sets:
28: Smooth Jazz
32: Alternative Contemporary Rock
36: Rock On! (check out Dance 5 - Rock On)
46: Requested 4
47: Contemporary Country 2 (check out CC_Town)
56: Pop
62: Requested 6
65: Requested 7
71: Urban Pop MultiStyles

Hip Hop specific RealTracks are available too! Check out RealTracks Set 7: Acoustic Jazz Bass and Rock Sax! and Set 272: Rap and Hip Hop.

RealDrums Sets? Yup! Ed (Great Oz) Clare has some great Hip Hop RealDrums with RealDrums Set 16: Urban Pop, Franklin Richardson's contribution of the SmoothJazzCoolSw16^ drums in RealDrums Set 28: Smooth Jazz, and Craig Scott's drums in RealDrums Set 3: Fusion, Hip-Hop and More! are great too!

Forum Stats
26311 Members
50 Forums
47130 Topics
383655 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
j0shbegss, Songlover, Tasso, fed up help, Jazzmonk

26311 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 173
VideoTrack 151