User Showcase
C
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Charlie,

This is very cool! Love the way you updated this. I may have to try this on one of my old ones as well. smile

Excellent job.

Bob

Thanks. I'd enjoy hearing some of your older stuff redone.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
C
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Tommy, Noel, floyd and others so well articulated what is so egaging about this tune. The obvious fact that y'all were having fun playing shines through every second of it.

The addition of the RTs works remarkably well. We have a lot of our old bluegrass projects for which I had the perseverance to take on as you did with this.

The mix sounds really good - you did a heckuva job. The vocal, the write and the steel are all standout. And what a tribute to your brother.

This will be a fine addition to our SC playlist and we are proud to have inadvertently played a tiny part in the stimulus for it!

J&B

I appreciate and always look forward to your comments. It means a lot to me. I'm glad you enjoyed the listen and proud to make one of your playlists.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
C
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: Marty Sorensen
I enjoyed all the comments as well as the music. Thank you very much.

Thanks for listening Marty. I agree, it's always fun to hear how songs are interpreted by forum members.

Charlie

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hay Charlie, that was AWESOME!

It just goes to show that there are lots of ways to use PGMusic products... and resurrecting previously recorded material is one of them!

There's lots to like about this... your brother's pedal steel is very engaging! Is that you singing?? Sounds great to me! I especially like the live feel that you captured on tape... its hard to get that any other way. (Not impossible, but certainly a challenge)

Anyway... two enthusiastic thumbs up!

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Wonderful job with this, it sounds great. Thanks for sharing this song that you did with your brother, his pedal steel shines throughout.

Kenny

Great stuff Charlie!! I always love your vocals. Really pleasant and easy to listen to. Haven't seen you around much. Don't be a stranger!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
C
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Hay Charlie, that was AWESOME!

It just goes to show that there are lots of ways to use PGMusic products... and resurrecting previously recorded material is one of them!

There's lots to like about this... your brother's pedal steel is very engaging! Is that you singing?? Sounds great to me! I especially like the live feel that you captured on tape... its hard to get that any other way. (Not impossible, but certainly a challenge)

Anyway... two enthusiastic thumbs up!

Hey Pat, thanks for stopping by. Yep, that's the 84 version of me singing and playing. Harold and I had a good time that week.
I'm glad you enjoyed the song.

Charlie

User Showcase
C
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Wonderful job with this, it sounds great. Thanks for sharing this song that you did with your brother, his pedal steel shines throughout.

Kenny

Great stuff Charlie!! I always love your vocals. Really pleasant and easy to listen to. Haven't seen you around much. Don't be a stranger!! Take care. Greg

Hi Greg. I appreciate your kind comments and taking time to stop by and listen.

Charlie

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Charlie,

This is the kind of music I grew up playing. love that old style steel! You did a great job of bringing this to life. We really enjoyed this! Great stuff! We thought the singing was near-perfect ... yep, we sure did!

Wishing you & yours a Merry Christmas and fabulous 2017,

Alan & Di

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello, Charlie

As Noel said, this is fantastic and you've really got the knack when it comes to using BIAB/RB to re-work previously recorded material.
I also sometimes use the previously recorded materials with BIAB.
Pedal Steel is so pleasant and a very beautiful play. It made me feel Hawaiian rather than Country.
Your vocal and guitar are also very nice.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Merry Christmas to you from Japan.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Charlie,

I have to agree with the other accolades. If you hadn't said it was from an old recording I would never have known. Loved the pedal steel guitar playing. I am sure that Harold would have appreciated your reworking of this song.

All the best,
Jez

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Loved this tune. Love the chord progressions. Excellent vocal. I am glad you resurrected it. Steel was very cool

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Charlie,

This is fantastic! You've really got the knack when it comes to using BIAB/RB to re-work previously recorded material. I cannot think of anyone else on the forum who has the same level as expertise as you.

I really enjoyed the listen. You and Harold have created a very engaging and very entertaining song. You both sound great. As I sat here listening and tapping my feet, I kept thinking "What a terrific tribute to your late brother" and "What a wonderful way to re-visit memories of yesteryear".

May Christmas bring all that's good your way,
Noel

We agree completely! Once again you've demonstrated your skills in reworking previously recorded material. Very nice vocals in this one too.

Rob & Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
C
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Charlie,

This is the kind of music I grew up playing. love that old style steel! You did a great job of bringing this to life. We really enjoyed this! Great stuff! We thought the singing was near-perfect ... yep, we sure did!

Wishing you & yours a Merry Christmas and fabulous 2017,

Alan & Di

Hi Al and Di. Yes,this style of music was the real deal for me too. I heard this music pretty much daily until the age of 15. I appreciate your mention of the vocals. Merry Christmas to you guys.

Charlie

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Charlie

As Noel said, this is fantastic and you've really got the knack when it comes to using BIAB/RB to re-work previously recorded material.
I also sometimes use the previously recorded materials with BIAB.
Pedal Steel is so pleasant and a very beautiful play. It made me feel Hawaiian rather than Country.
Your vocal and guitar are also very nice.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Merry Christmas to you from Japan.

Shigeki Adachi

Thank you so much for having a listen. I really admire your work and appreciate you taken time to comment. Merry Christmas.

Charlie

User Showcase
C
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: receder
Charlie,

I have to agree with the other accolades. If you hadn't said it was from an old recording I would never have known. Loved the pedal steel guitar playing. I am sure that Harold would have appreciated your reworking of this song.

All the best,
Jez

Hi Jez. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I appreciate it.

Charlie
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved this tune. Love the chord progressions. Excellent vocal. I am glad you resurrected it. Steel was very cool

Thanks Scott. Glad you enjoyed it.

Charlie
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Charlie,

This is fantastic! You've really got the knack when it comes to using BIAB/RB to re-work previously recorded material. I cannot think of anyone else on the forum who has the same level as expertise as you.

I really enjoyed the listen. You and Harold have created a very engaging and very entertaining song. You both sound great. As I sat here listening and tapping my feet, I kept thinking "What a terrific tribute to your late brother" and "What a wonderful way to re-visit memories of yesteryear".

May Christmas bring all that's good your way,
Noel

We agree completely! Once again you've demonstrated your skills in reworking previously recorded material. Very nice vocals in this one too.

Rob & Anne-Marie

Thanks Rob & Anne-Marie. These old recordings are great memories. I'm glad I was smart enough to save them. Wish I had been smarter in choosing the quality of recording.

Charlie

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great job Charlie. Super mix and overall production.

Happy Holidays.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

....The addition of the RTs works remarkably well. We have a lot of our old bluegrass projects for which I had the perseverance to take on as you did with this.

J&B

I appreciate and always look forward to your comments. It means a lot to me. I'm glad you enjoyed the listen and proud to make one of your playlists.

Charlie

BTW, I meant to say "for which I WISH I had the perseverance...." The number of my typos appears to be directly related to my aging.

Merry Christmas!

Bud

User Showcase
C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C
Charlie,

I can't add much to what's been said already. Great Stuff! I love the classic country sound.

User Showcase
C
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

....The addition of the RTs works remarkably well. We have a lot of our old bluegrass projects for which I had the perseverance to take on as you did with this.

J&B

Charlie

BTW, I meant to say "for which I WISH I had the perseverance...." The number of my typos appears to be directly related to my aging.

Merry Christmas!

Bud

Actually if you were to ever do one, we on the forum would likely wish you had the perseverance to do many more. I bet there's some great gems in those archives.

User Showcase
C
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: Curt Young
Charlie,

I can't add much to what's been said already. Great Stuff! I love the classic country sound.

I glad you enjoyed the song. Thanks for your nice comments.

Charlie

User Showcase
C
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Great job Charlie. Super mix and overall production.

Happy Holidays.

I appreciate that. Happy holidays to you and your family too.

Charlie

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,560
Members38,443
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200