Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I installed JS onto my new system yesterday and it works great BUT...

The plugin window looks like crap. The smaller print is unreadable unless I get out of my chair and move up to within a few feet of my 60" 4K big screen TV. All other plugin windows look great. At first I was thinking this could be a JS problem but just now I opened RB, went into the same project I was working on yesterday and voila! that window looked perfect. I was thinking wow, it cleared itself up but not so fast grasshopper. I closed it checked out the drum track and reopened the plugin and dammit, it's back to being blurry. I've reopened RB again and again it's still blurry. Here's a pic of it:

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2016-12-25.png (1.01 MB, 10 downloads)

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
To add, first of all how do I continue writing after putting in the attachment?

I've played around with my display options and screen resolution and nothing changes as far as the plugin window is concerned. The resolution is set at the TV's native setting of 1920 X 1080. Win 10 display options lets you set the size of print and icons, the recommended level is 150% which I'm using. I raised that to the max 175% and nothing changed.

I think this is a RB issue because it suddenly looked like it should but alas only one time so far.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
This is Win 10 (and also tried my Win 7 boot - same thing)

RB with JS on my first monitor at its largest native of 1920x1080

EDIT - it is actually more sharp/clear than jpg indicates

(only opened to test this so project is otherwise empty)

Larry

PS Merry Christmas Bob

PPS looks like JS4 might finally make it "to print" next year

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Sunday, December 25, 2016 (2).jpg (153.74 KB, 74 downloads)
Last edited by Larry Kehl; 12/25/16 10:00 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Merry Xmas to you too Larry and thanks for replying.

I wanted to post a clear pic along with the blurry one but I can't get RB to to that again. It still looks like my attachment. To give you an idea of how good my TV is as a monitor I'm sitting in my couch about 8 feet away and I can read your attachment easily even though since it's embedded in the forum it's about 2/3rds the size of my actual plugin window. If I can get mine to look like that, no problem at all but so far it's a one time thing.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Ok, I tested this again this time by doing a full reboot and opening RB alone and I have a good pic again, but I simply closed the window and went in again and it's crap again. Here's what it looked like exactly one minute ago:

Bob

2016-12-25 (2).png (921.56 KB, 8 downloads)
Last edited by jazzmammal; 12/25/16 11:47 AM.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Was off doing other stuff with wife (it is Xmas) back again for a little while but I have no idea why you have a display issue - other than probably the "connection" (and I don't mean HDMI, DVI or other wiring from PC to HD display.)

Could be Windows graphics drivers and/or sync, could be TV HDMI sync, or as we use to tell pilots (back in the old analog tube days) when they were sitting ready to launch and something crapped out like radar, IFF, radio, or other avionics Code 3 (no fly item) and all we did was reset or kick it and it started working so they could get in the air - the problem was "FM" (F.....g magic).

Back to NOT FM: I closed mine opened again and it's still clear. Do you have a "secondary" monitor you can try this on (you know a smaller more PC dedicated dumb monitor)? Even a laptop to see if it replicates there for you?

I noticed I had been running 32-bit JS3 (no real need for 64-bit JS in my set up, yet I have no gigantic kits) so deleted the 32-bit VSTi and "re-plugged" with 64-bit JS (JBridged) like you show in your jpg's but it made no difference, mine is still fine sorry. I opened, closed, reloaded, minimize and maximize (and all permutations in between).

And you are sure it's JUST JS3 and just in RB? I've tried a bunch others (32 and 64 bit) as well EZdrummer, AD2, Kontakt, Miroslav 2, I even tried to pick some older plugs like that might have had less than ideal graphics Pianissimo, Sampletron, Miroslav 1, etc. - all seem to size, resize, open and close, re-open just fine.

Good luck if I think of anything I'll pop back in here

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 12/25/16 05:10 PM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Have you posted this question in the Jamstix forum for support?

I forget the guys name, but just like Peter Gannon here comes in to answer questions, their boss man is very active in the forum answering questions.

I had some sort of issue with JS1 and I recall him working with me via email to get it back up and running like it was supposed to run. They have some of the best support on the web. Right up there with PG IMHO.

I don't have an answer for you since I have practically stopped using JS since I got BB/RB and started using the real tracks.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
It's Ralph, he helped me on Xmas Eve day to d/l my old purchase and key since it's been a few years since I had used it and I have a new system without a DVD drive. I'll ask him about it.

Bob

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
It's Ralph, he helped me on Xmas Eve day to d/l my old purchase and key since it's been a few years since I had used it and I have a new system without a DVD drive. I'll ask him about it.

Bob

Yep. Ralph is a great guy and very helpful

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,513
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195