Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#387078 - 12/29/16 12:55 PM [Beginners Forum] how sound is routed in Band in a box
pghboemike Offline
Veteran

You may find this diagram helpful. This gives you a general idea of how sound is routed in Band-in-a-Box®

Edited by pghboemike (12/30/16 08:05 AM)

#387085 - 12/29/16 01:15 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: how sound is routed in Band in a box [Re: pghboemike]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Nice!

PC: Win10Pro-64
Laptop: Win7Pro-64
Both: 8GB RAM + Dual 7200RPM Drives + FastTrack Pro
S/W: BB/RB2017/Sonar/Reaper/Notion/Finale
Noteworthy Composer/Kontakt Ultimate/Casio Kbds
Halion/Garritan/IK Multimedia
Web: http://www.sus4chord.com

#387086 - 12/29/16 01:16 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: how sound is routed in Band in a box [Re: pghboemike]
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Originally Posted By: pghboemike
You may find this diagram helpful. This gives you a general idea of how sound is routed in Band-in-a-Box®

No picture, mike!
Ian

BB2017 UltraPlusPak 466,RB 4,Cakewalk GTPro2(2003),Adobe Audition1.5(2003),WindowsXP Pro

http://app.box.com/s/p7lirbbuvjae03dsd4v5

and for tracks that use BIAB specifically-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#387095 - 12/29/16 01:55 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: how sound is routed in Band in a box [Re: pghboemike]
jford Offline
Veteran

You have to click on the word "diagram" to see it.

#387102 - 12/29/16 02:19 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: how sound is routed in Band in a box [Re: jford]
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Originally Posted By: jford
You have to click on the word "diagram" to see it.

Thanks John, with my bad eyes I couldnt see the colour difference. Lmao! cool crazy
Very informative.
Cheers
Ian

BB2017 UltraPlusPak 466,RB 4,Cakewalk GTPro2(2003),Adobe Audition1.5(2003),WindowsXP Pro

http://app.box.com/s/p7lirbbuvjae03dsd4v5

and for tracks that use BIAB specifically-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#387119 - 12/29/16 03:52 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: how sound is routed in Band in a box [Re: pghboemike]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
That link color really is a poor color choice .. and it is the default for the forum.
Someone should tell Andrew ..

/this was meant as a reply to Ian

Edited by rharv (01/01/17 06:53 AM)

#387219 - 12/30/16 08:57 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: how sound is routed in Band in a box [Re: pghboemike]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Bob, I saw your request about this but didn't understand it. In the first post here, I see the diagram and there is no link at all; perhaps pghboemike changed it?

EDIT: I see he edited the post...

pghboemike, really nice! A suggestion: consider adding "including SuperTracks" to the MIDI tracks box?

Edited by Matt Finley (12/30/16 09:00 AM)
BIAB 2017 Audiophile. Software includes SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore on Windows 10 64-bit. Hardware includes custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#387317 - 12/30/16 03:59 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: how sound is routed in Band in a box [Re: Matt Finley]
pghboemike Offline
Veteran

sorry can't claim credit for the illustration
http://www.pgmusic.com/gfx/bbw_how_sound_is_heard.png unfortunately i can't remember where it was

#387527 - 12/31/16 12:50 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: how sound is routed in Band in a box [Re: pghboemike]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Originally Posted By: pghboemike
sorry can't claim credit for the illustration
http://www.pgmusic.com/gfx/bbw_how_sound_is_heard.png unfortunately i can't remember where it was

My memory might be wrong but I believe rharv created the drawing.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

++ Saving My Sanity One Song At A Time ++

#387647 - 01/01/17 06:52 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: how sound is routed in Band in a box [Re: pghboemike]
rharv Offline
Veteran

I've done drawings on routing in previous posts (thanks for remembering) but I don't think I did that one.

Funny the things we may be remembered for someday ..

#387694 - 01/01/17 09:21 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: how sound is routed in Band in a box [Re: pghboemike]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
So does this mean that I can the MIDI out on my Focusrite to my drum machine MIDI in and RB will play those Real Drums with my drum machine sounds by sending MIDI note on messages to the drum machine?

Can I make RB play ANY source of MIDI drums? Like if I import that track into Pro Tools and set up a Steven Slate drum kit, would that track play with the Slate drum sounds?

Edited by eddie1261 (01/01/17 09:23 AM)

#387698 - 01/01/17 09:41 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: how sound is routed in Band in a box [Re: eddie1261]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Quote:
So does this mean that I can the MIDI out on my Focusrite to my drum machine MIDI in and RB will play those Real Drums with my drum machine sounds by sending MIDI note on messages to the drum machine?

'Realdrums' usually aren't MIDI, but if you do have MIDI drums to work with,
sure you can; just make sure to route the audio from the drum machine back in to RB .. easy!

Quote:
Can I make RB play ANY source of MIDI drums? Like if I import that track into Pro Tools and set up a Steven Slate drum kit, would that track play with the Slate drum sounds?

Again, if MIDI, yes. I can use the Slate drums right inside RB without Protools, so I would expect ProTools could handle it (grin).

#388042 - 01/02/17 07:05 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: how sound is routed in Band in a box [Re: rharv]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Harv, I am trying to not have to tap the drums in on a controller. I was hoping that whatever drums RB created sent the corresponding MIDI note numbers out to an external device. I am THE worst at tapping drums on a keyboard. I can't really think like a drummer.

#388149 - 01/03/17 11:39 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: how sound is routed in Band in a box [Re: pghboemike]
jford Offline
Veteran

Nope, the link was originally there, but blended in with the rest of the text (as RHARV said, the default). When I post links (especially the ones with text wrapped around it, I will always try to make the link bolded to ensure you can see it.

#388405 - 01/04/17 04:53 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: how sound is routed in Band in a box [Re: eddie1261]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Quote:
Harv, I am trying to not have to tap the drums in on a controller. I was hoping that whatever drums RB created sent the corresponding MIDI note numbers out to an external device. I am THE worst at tapping drums on a keyboard. I can't really think like a drummer.

Whatever (MIDI) drums RB creates will indeed send the corresponding note numbers (and MIDI channel, and velocity, and duration, and CC's, even SYSEX etc).

You shouldn't have to tap any notes.
How are you using the Slate drum sounds (which VSTi or whatever and which software)?

Most likely cause of the problem would be that RB's MIDI note numbers and channels are using the GM conventional mapping and maybe the synth isn't doing so.
RB tries to use conventional standards to make things easy but some software/plugins refuse to participate.
There are a few drum synths out there that just simply do not support normal conventions.
I have no idea why.

Again though; if you are using Realdrums, these are not MIDI. They are audio.
That's about the only situation where I could see RB not providing the expected data.
Otherwise the problem is likely on the other end.

Edited by rharv (01/04/17 05:12 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2017 French Mac Version Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 apporte quelques 80 nouvelles fonctions tout à fait excitantes! L'écran principal a été redessiné avec une empreinte plus petite, une barre d'outils configurable, un interface avec onglets, une barre de progression, et plus… Les RealTracks sonnent mieux que jamais avec une qualité améliorée de stretching et transposition (Elastique 3), de meilleures transitions dans les phrases et des arrangements naturels. Une nouvelle fonction apprentissage "Woodshedding" appelée RealTracks 12-clés Guitare de Brent Mason jouée dans les 12 tonalités avec une Notation/Tablature précise (Hi-Q)s idéale pour l'étude et l'apprentissage. La Notation Guitare Tab été améliorée avec l'affichage graphique des bends, hammer-ons, pull-offs et slides. Un nouveau synthétiseur sforzando SFZ est désormais inclus. La Notation est améliorée avec une saisie de notation rapide pour guitare et piano et la disponibilité d'une grande Chrono. Et bien d'autres !

www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Italian Mac Version Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 presenta quindi oltre 80 nuove eccitanti funzionalità!
La schermata principale è stata ridisegnata per occupare meno spazio, le barre degli strumenti sono ora configurabili dall'utente, c'è un'interfaccia a schede, una barra di avanzamento, e altro ancora. I RealTracks suonano meglio che mai con allungamento e trasposizione di migliore qualità (Elastique 3), migliori frasi di passaggio, e modalità naturali. Miglioramenti del Looping per il "Woodshedding" - il comando "L" per le ripetizioni rapide, Auto-Ripetizioni Avanzate, e ripetizioni con il silenziamento automatico. Miglioramenti dello StylePicker con le categorie degli utenti, gli elenchi personalizzati, lo stile di riferimento per l'ordinamento, i memo personalizzati, e operazioni più veloci. E' stato incluso un nuovo Sintetizzatore Sforzando SFZ. La Notazione è migliorata con l'inserimento rapido della musica per chitarra e per pianoforte e una bella linea del tempo gialla. E tanto altro ancora!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=it

YouTube Find - The Prisoner's Dilemna #FlashbackFriday

Check this out...

One of our customers used Band-in-a-Box to create some backing tracks for stop action videos illustrating two famous social dilemmas: The Prisoner's Dilemma and The Braess Paradox

Video - The Prisoner's Dilemma
Video - The Braess Paradox

Creative and informative!

(not a recent find - embracing the trending #FlashbackFriday)

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 German Mac Version Available!

Band-in-a-Box 2017 für Macintosh ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten mit 202 RealTracks, 34 MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, 12-Tonarten Hi-Q Gitarren-Notation, wiederentdeckte RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks Styles, einen neuen Synthesizer (sforzando) und über 120 neue RealStyles! Wir haben 202 neue RealTracks hinzugefügt, doppelt so viele, wie wir früheren Versionen in der Vergangenheit veröffentlicht haben! Es gibt ein neues Instrumental Studien Set mit 12-Tonarten Hi-Q Gitarren-Notation Tabulatur. Einige frühere RealTracks wurden erneut abgemischt um die Klangqualität zu erhöhen. Wir haben auch über 120 neue RealStyles, dies sind neue Styles, die neue RealTracks und Schleifen verwenden. Diese beinhalten großartige Crooner Bossa, Crooner Ballade, Brent/Mike Blues, Hawaii-, Mexiko-, Peru-Styles, Power Trios, House, Hip-Hop, Rap, keltische Harfe, Retro 60iger, und mehr!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Introducing our Newest RealTracks Artists for Band-in-a-Box® 2017!

We now have 139 Artists contributing to our RealTracks & RealDrums library! Our newest RealTracks Artists added with Band-in-a-Box® 2017 are:

Alex Acuna - RealTracks Sets 257: A Taste of Peru, 278: Latin America
Cory Pesaturo - RealTracks Set 268: Gypsy: Accordion, Piano, and Guitar
Craig Northey - RealTracks Sets 273: Hard Rock Shuffle, 274: Hard Rock Straight Ahead
Jim McGillveray - RealTracks Set 276: Pop Percussion
Juan Jiménez - 2017 49-PAK RealTrack "Guitarron, MariachiWaltz Ev 150"
Mike Rojas - RealTracks Sets 254: 12-key Hi-Q-Tab Brent Guitar, 12-key Eddy Pedal Steel and 12-key Mike Piano, 267: More Blues: Blues with Brent and Mike, 260: Smooth Soul with Brent and Mike, and a variety of RealTracks in the 2017 49-PAK.
Oscar Stagnaro - RealTracks Sets 257: A Taste of Peru, 258: Latin America
Sharlene Wallace - RealTracks Set 260: Celtic Harp

For a complete list of RealTracks Artists visit www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php

User Find: YouTube Video - Fun with Band-in-a-Box

Forum User Icelander shared the following video, which he came across in his YouTube recommendations!

Video: Fun with Band In A Box

What a great example of using Band-in-a-Box for your backing tracks to jam along with!

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 3 for a Chance to WIN!

If you're looking for some motivation to write a song... how about the "I could win $150 PG Bucks!" push - now that's some great motivation!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 3 to your Band-in-a-Box library (on sale for just $29 until July 31st!), write a song using one if the 160 RealStyles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until July 31st - with the 4 winners being announced later that week!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Forum Stats
26202 Members
50 Forums
46595 Topics
379307 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
musicr, Bleess_05, UberDoo, loriecane145, polo2016

26202 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 148