Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
"Aspiring to get people to gasp with admiration at your brilliance is an unattainable (an probably unsatisfying) goal for anybody."

Unsatisfying? If that's what I set out to do and I do it, that is the definition of satisfying. I believe it is also attainable, BUT, not for guys who work in the shop or the office all day and play music as a hobby. There are some GREAT hobby level players, and I know many of them here in town, but nobody would be interested in what I want to do because if we did it the way I wanted to do it, there would be 8 week road trips living in a bus or vans at some point.

We are lapsing into the old discussion we have had here many times about cover vs original. I simply don't want to play copy music. I have been looking for a couple of years for guys who know music, who can read music, guys who can write music, and guys who can play music. If I were to say "No that's a major 7th there, not a dominant 7th", or "sing the third above the melody" and they don't know what I mean, they don't make the cut. And that is not a matter of snobbery (and I have been called that often) as much as it's a matter of my being able to communicate. I can't explain to a blind person what "red" is without saying "red like an apple", and they of course have never seen an apple. Or trying to teach French to someone and I don't speak French. I speak English and "music". I am far from a theory maven, but I know enough to look at a piece of music and understand what I am looking at.

I once went to our big outdoor venue here (Blossom Music Center) to see the Cleveland Orchestra do Mozart's "A Little Night Music". I went in with a blanket and a suitcase. I spread the blanket out on the lawn and opened the suitcase, which contained the score. All 4 movements, 16 staffs, 2 measures per page. I sat and followed along with the orchestra for the whole symphony. Most of the people around me were laughing at me because I wasn't "watching" the orchestra. Well, do you see a concert, or hear it? As I followed along on that sheet music, I got to both hear the music and see it, so who's the weirdo here?

I told you that to tell you this. I want to assemble and play with people who know MUSIC (not songs) at that level. It is very difficult to build a house with carpenters who are not at close to the same skill level. Or to play on a football team where 3 of the 11 players on either offense or defense play at a skill level below the other 8. There is nothing at all wrong with learning by ear. How do I teach you an original song when there is nothing to listen to, only charts?

A few years ago I went to a basement "musical meet and greet", and everybody there, 6 players, could sight read. And we didn't just play where whoever felt like driving took off on a solo. Everything was charted. Now, the guy running the thing was a music professor, and those 10 or so songs we played were his songs. I got lost many times because those changes meandered like an old dirt road! When you are following along and suddenly your arrive at Am9b5... I am not THAT good of a player where I can play without thinking out a chord. That may have been the only one of those impromptu jam things I really enjoyed, even though I was the weakest link. Sure there were physical mistakes made, but we all followed along on charts and read what to play, and playing stuff nobody had ever seen....

Fake/Real book players are a whole different level of skill too. I can't read those things. I would imagine there are a good handful of people here who can read those.

But back on topic, being the band in town that blows the other bands away and steals their fans is what always made it fun for me. The Motown band I was in, despite being a copy band (that was before I cared about writing), was SO busy we were turning work down because at some point we had to rest. When it was outdoor gig weather, we would do 7 shows between Thursday and Sunday night. Doubleheaders every Fri, Sat and Sun. And the throat can only sing so much. That I enjoyed. And that is the band from which I retired from full time playing.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
"I have lived a life believing that if you come in second, you are the best loser."

I think this says it all.......and not in a good way.

Just a IMHO, YMMV, yada yada post, no offense intended...

i5 3.20GHz, 32gb RAM, 1tb SSD OS, 12tb HDD, 4gb gForce vid card, 32" monitor, Audient id44, Win10 x64, BiaB/RB 2023, Reaper 6,IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX, Waves 10
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Edfdie, Do you believe at all in the Pareto principle where you achieve 80% of the result with 20% of the effort (the last bit will take an enormous effort)?

If not, do you believe that the 80% is not worth aiming for?

Edited to add: while there are certainly things in life where 100% is very important, like open heart surgery or rocket science, but I wouldn't put music up there.

Last edited by JoanneCooper; 01/07/17 11:43 PM.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
U
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
As I read these very good replies, I thought maybe the challenge would be to turn the question around and ask "What are my reasons to NOT make music". (Yes, another of Eddie's long winded posts.)

Simply stated, I lost my love for it, and like when I lose my love for a woman, she is sent packing. Is there really much difference between the love of music and the love of a person? Not really. You sacrifice, you compromise, you live with both every day they are in your life.

I got tired of playing in front of a crowd of people who wouldn't know good from bad if they sat in it. As long as they can get drunk, they are happy. I consider those to be the "lowest common denominator" audiences. I want to play in front of a group of musicians and have those musicians walk out of that room saying "Wow. Those guys can play and sing!!" Thus I want to do much more complex music than the lowest common denominator bands play. And there's the challenge. Try to find musicians who want to put that kind of time into a band that is built to blow people away with their skills. My perspective of playing music is NOT to play what the drunk at the back table wants to hear because it was playing on the radio the first time he had sex. His memories are not my memories and they do not matter to me. At all. I want my audience to sit spellbound and gasp for air at the brilliance they hear coming at them, much the way I did when I heard Frank Zappa in concert, or the amazing Cleveland Orchestra playing a Mozart program.

That is no longer attainable in the microwaved, high-speed, instant gratification world in which we now live. If I was to start rehearsals with guys I recruited today, the target date would be like July 1. THAT is how hard they better be prepared to work. 4 rehearsals of 4 hours per week between now and then. And we are going to do it again until I, as bandleader and musical director, says it is right.

Starting to see why I don't have a band? grin

I am seriously AWFUL to work for. (And sometimes, WITH.) Note the verb. Work. Music is hard work. It is NOT a fun hobby IF you are doing it with higher goals in mind. If you set your goals low, like many bands in my area do, and play the generic list of 45 that every band plays, enjoy your shows, but you will never see me there. I think years back I started a thread about "the list". Brown Eyed Girl, Mustang Sally, ANYTHING by Lynard Skynard.... pretty much any of the unimaginative 3 chord junk that you can play when you are 10 and just started lessons.

My final instructions for any memorial that will be held after I pass include the stipulation that the last thing to happen will be the playing of MacArthur Park. That has been my idea of a masterpiece since 1968, and in my opinion, the way music is supposed to be written. I listen to it and play along with it every day. My "Make-A-Wish" dream (if I were dying) would be to meet my songwriting idol Jimmy Webb AT MacArthur Park in Los Angeles and spend an hour over lunch talking about songwriting.

So in closing, I have accepted that now at 65, I can't reach that level. And there is no participation trophy in music, just the Grammy. Thus I have pretty much put it away. Time for a new hobby. This year I will get out and shoot more and enter some competitions.

And that is why I DON'T play music.

And the nomination for "Mr Shallow 2017" award is - -?
Disgraceful attitude to women.
And If all music bar yours was so inferior, i can understand
why you no longer cast it down from your personal Heaven. We are SO unworthy.
Mebee go listen to Cohens I Came So Far For Beauty?
WendyM

BiaB2022PLUS,927. every extras pack I can find ;-),Sonar7XL,Win 10
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Kudos to you Eddie for playing that style of music and standing by your convictions.

I was in a starving band back in the day. We took the time to learn lots of songs that we liked and weren't playing on the FM radio. Album cut songs. One example is a Charlie Daniels song called Saddle Tramp. It's a progressive country jazz style jam song once you get past the first 3:30 minutes. The cool part starts at 4 minutes.
SADDLE TRAMP
We covered Green Grass and High Tides in it's entirety, and quite a few other undanceable songs. With very few exceptions, we'd play a club one time and they'd give us the old... don't call us...we'll call you ... routine. When asked... "No one can dance to your music boys, sorry, we're a dance club." It was heartbreaking to us because it was good music and we had spent hours on end working out the parts.

Eventually, that band ended because we weren't making any money. From that point forward, I was in working bands that didn't mind playing the songs everyone loved to hate. I can say I've never played Mustang Sally.... not even one time. But rest assured, Freebird, Wipeout, and other similar songs were on the menu every night. We had fun, entertained the crowds, made good money, and played full time.

Another guy I knew, "Kelly"... used to come over to my place to jam.... this fellow was a bass player... really, really good. Loved Tower of Power, Herbie Hancock, and others in that style. He ended up in a funk/disco band to pay the rent. But he really wanted to play fusion jazz funk. There was no market for that in a town with a military base with 30k Marines.... you either rocked hard, played country, or played disco/dance... or you didn't work.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 01/08/17 03:17 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
<...snip...>

And that is why I DON'T play music.

I feel for you.

Me? I'm the opposite, I enjoy Mustang Sally in front of an audience and the peak is my improvised sax solo in the middle, which at times gets applause. I also enjoy playing complex music. In the 1980s I was in the house jazz band where people like Ira Sullivan, Red Rodney, Duffy Jackson and others would come and sit in (the guitarist in the band used to teach at the University of Miami and played with Ira for a few years, so he knew a lot of heavyweights). I also played in a concert band, and mostly enjoyed Romantic to Contemporary era "classical" music.

I don't do it to impress people, I do it because it's fun. Even when the jazz heavyweights were on the stage and I knew some were much better than me, it was fun.

What I don't do anymore because it's boring and repetitious is watch TV. I cut the cable in the 1980s, never installed an antenna, and never got a digital converter. Full disclosure, I have the one-at-a-time DVD in the mail subscription to Netflix. I watch a movie perhaps twice a month. And that is the absolute only time the TV is turned on.

Everybody plays differently, and I enjoy playing music.

Yes, we work at it, but the work is in all the preparation, not in the performance, that's pure joy.

I'm sorry it doesn't work for you anymore.

If you came to hear us, you might not like the stuff we play, but I might impress you with one of my improvised solos, or maybe not. We don't do much jazz anymore.

But I'm not up there to impress people. I'm up there to have fun and share the fun with at least part, and hopefully most or all of the audience.

To each his/her own.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
<...>
I once went to our big outdoor venue here (Blossom Music Center) to see the Cleveland Orchestra do Mozart's "A Little Night Music". I went in with a blanket and a suitcase. I spread the blanket out on the lawn and opened the suitcase, which contained the score. All 4 movements, 16 staffs, 2 measures per page. I sat and followed along with the orchestra for the whole symphony. Most of the people around me were laughing at me because I wasn't "watching" the orchestra. Well, do you see a concert, or hear it? As I followed along on that sheet music, I got to both hear the music and see it, so who's the weirdo here?<...>

I've heard the Cleveland Orchestra here in Miami (winter home), the Budapest in Budapest, the Czech philharmonic in Prague, and many other famous orchestras as they travel through here (Moscow, St. Petersburg, Dresden, Oslo, etc.) but I would never go to hear Mozart.

Different tastes for different people. Although Mozart was a certified musical genius he bores me. For me music started with Beethoven's "Eroica" and peaks from Dvorak to Prokoviev to Shastakovitch.

I recall driving 350 miles (Round Trip) to hear the Moscow play Shastakovitch's 4th symphony, when the same orchestra played the 5th only about 50 miles away. Why? I've heard the 5th many times. The 4th is the one he hid until Stalin died (for fear of his life) and is absolutely brilliant. Nothing wrong with the fifth, but it's rare to hear the 4th.

I planned my vacation to Prague to hear the Czech Philharmonic play Suk's "Asriel" and caught the Prague Symphony and the Czech Opera when I was there. Found a couple of good jazz clubs too.

I generally spend most of the concert with my eyes closed. I can listen more intently and get more joy out of the music that way.

But because my main listening love is Symphonic, it doesn't mean I can't enjoy a good Muddy Waters 3 chord blues tune. It's like food. I love a great Filet Mignon, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy popcorn too.

I guess I'm either just lucky, or brain damaged wink

But I'm drifting off topic here. I love playing most kinds of music. In our duo I enjoy putting on different musical hats for different audiences, Rock, light Jazz, Caribbean, Latin American, Disco, Country, or whatever. There are things we don't play, some because we aren't suited for it (if we can't do a good job, we won't do it), and some because it just doesn't work for us. We have over 500 songs, and I enjoy them all.

Insights and incites by Notes

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Kudos to you Eddie for playing that style of music and standing by your convictions.

I was in a starving band back in the day. We took the time to learn lots of songs that we liked and weren't playing on the FM radio. Album cut songs. One example is a Charlie Daniels song called Saddle Tramp. It's a progressive country jazz style jam song once you get past the first 3:30 minutes. The cool part starts at 4 minutes.
SADDLE TRAMP
We covered Green Grass and High Tides in it's entirety, and quite a few other undanceable songs. With very few exceptions, we'd play a club one time and they'd give us the old... don't call us...we'll call you ... routine. When asked... "No one can dance to your music boys, sorry, we're a dance club." It was heartbreaking to us because it was good music and we had spent hours on end working out the parts.

Eventually, that band ended because we weren't making any money. From that point forward, I was in working bands that didn't mind playing the songs everyone loved to hate. I can say I've never played Mustang Sally.... not even one time. But rest assured, Freebird, Wipeout, and other similar songs were on the menu every night. We had fun, entertained the crowds, made good money, and played full time.

Another guy I knew, "Kelly"... used to come over to my place to jam.... this fellow was a bass player... really, really good. Loved Tower of Power, Herbie Hancock, and others in that style. He ended up in a funk/disco band to pay the rent. But he really wanted to play fusion jazz funk. There was no market for that in a town with a military base with 30k Marines.... you either rocked hard, played country, or played disco/dance... or you didn't work.

My story is very similar to your Herb. I was in a jazz/blues trio with a B3 and drums. Same story as yours; don't call us we'll call you and they can't dance to your music. The B3 then (then later he bought a digital keyboard thank God) player and myself went into the wedding band business. We really enjoyed bringing smiles to peoples faces, to us that was the ultimate high.

PS - If I had a dollar for every time I played Mustang Sally, Johnny B Goode and that ultra-stupid chicken dance I would be a millionaire!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
One example is a Charlie Daniels song called Saddle Tramp.

If I heard you play Saddle Tramp, you could easily identify me as the one in the front row standing and cheering wildly.

Then again, I'm not the one hiring you, so I understand what you mean. My thing about playing music that makes ME happy is 180 degrees opposed to how you get a band booked. A dream set that I would assemble would include the whole suite of Ballet For A Girl in Buchannon from Chicago's second album, but people would only understand Make Me Smile and Color My World because that's what they heard on the radio. That kind of thing would result in those callbacks that never come. I just don't see the value to being the one guy of 6 in a band who hates every song played and plays with a long face instead of a smile.

I LOVED playing in the rock band. I then LOVED playing in the Motown band. But that was over 25 years ago, and the "What makes Eddie happy" focus has shifted away from listening to songwriting, copy music stopped being fun. And some make the argument that seeing a symphony orchestra is "a copy band" because they play classical music from the 1700s and 1800s, but it is obviously not the same thing.

I absolutely understand and respect your perspective though. And I am glad we can discuss rather than argue!

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
I guess I'm either just lucky, or brain damaged.

What I take from you and our many discussions over past years is that you are the embodiment of the concept known as "levels of listening", where the more you know, the more you know to listen for. I have been to concerts over the years that were notably underwhelming, yet the person who went with me thought it was the best thing ever. It really depends on what you know to listen for. People can hear Tower Of power and only hear the solos. I hear the arranging under the verses, and as great as Lenny Pickett and Emilio Castillo are, Steve Kupka is the guy that does the arranging, and he's "da man" in my ears. And they must be doing it right, because it has now been 49 years!

Appreciation of any art form has the same properties. I could go to an art museum with someone who paints and has studied painting and we would be in 2 different buildings. One might see Monet and be taken by the beauty of the softness of his lines, and another might say "Why is it all so out of focus?" (Because it's NOT a photograph!!!)

I also get badly misunderstood as arrogant, as if I think my music degree makes me think I am better than those who don't have one. Nothing could be further from the truth. I am blessed and grateful that I had the opportunity to attend college on Uncle Sam's dime (in exchange for 3 years of my life). It wasn't until I started college at 22 that I learned how much I didn't know. College does not build walls. It opens doors. I learned how to learn in college. When I went back the second time to get a degree in computer studies, I went in (at 41) knowing the "college rules" and easily got that Associate Degree that I needed to even get interviews as I moved away from music and into IT. And even in that field I saw "levels of listening". I was in a lab with people who didn't even know how to format floppies, and it took restraint to remind myself that these people were there to learn what they didn't know. I was made lab assistant and did as much teaching as studying in those lab sessions.

But back to music, it really is a personal thing and we all need to be happy. Maybe some day I will miss playing every weekend, yet as I say that my mind flashes to an image of me loading 4 keyboards, 2 stands, an amp and amp stand, a bag of cables, a sax, a sax stand, the bag with the wireless sax mic and in-ear monitors.... into the venue, setting it all up, tearing it all down, loading it back into the car.... and then I don't miss it so much.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: WendyM

Interesting that you make that assumption.

Perhaps the situation was more like "We are not happy together and we would be better off if we parted ways rather than trying to get toothpaste back into the tube."

That could not be MORE respectful.

Funny how a psychological assessment like yours would come from someone who does not know me or my life.

Do some research on PTSD, focusing on the afflicted party's inability to allow people to get close to them and get back to me.

In the meantime I will revisit Leonard Cohen! One of my songs, Do It All Again, is about exactly the same subject.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Quote:

You gotta pay your dues.

Well said Herb.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
Eddie, Do you believe at all in the Pareto principle where you achieve 80% of the result with 20% of the effort (the last bit will take an enormous effort)?

I do, Joanne. That last 20% is the difference between the people who have reached the top of Mt Everest and those who have not. The most difficult part of any task is that last 20%.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
Eddie, Do you believe at all in the Pareto principle where you achieve 80% of the result with 20% of the effort (the last bit will take an enormous effort)?

I do, Joanne. That last 20% is the difference between the people who have reached the top of Mt Everest and those who have not. The most difficult part of any task is that last 20%.

I like the quote:
Quote:
"99% down, 99% to go!"

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Do some research on PTSD, focusing on the afflicted party's inability to allow people to get close to them and get back to me.

Eddie and everyone else, I am reading a book about PTSD called Thirty Days with My Father by Christal Presley, PhD and it is a real eye opener for me. I didn't realize what effect PTSD has on our vets or their family and friends until I started reading this book.

If anyone here has PTSD you have my deepest sympathy.

PS - thank you vets for your service.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
T
Journeyman
Journeyman
T
I suspect my story is a little different because, unlike Eddie, I only discovered the joy of playing music for other people AFTER I retired.

From the age of 10 I played the piano on my own or at family gatherings because in those days, in the UK, almost every home had a piano. For the next 45 years I hardly played at all but managed to maintain my teenage playing skill with occasional ownership of a piano or electronic organ. My interest was revived when I bought a Yamaha keyboard in 2000 and soon after discovered BIAB but I still played for myself, usually wearing earphones.

Then in 2010 we had the good fortune to begin snowbirding in a Florida campground where the manager used to play guitar in a band and still entertained us with his singing. He knew nothing about electronic music and was fascinated when he heard me using BIAB and persuaded me to play at the campground parties. Then we started rehearsing together and for the first time in my life I played with another musician. He has the ear and the experience and I can read music and arrange the backing tracks - what a team! Doing that for the first time was a thrill that I never anticipated.

I am now a "veteran" at least in my own limited fashion. I love playing in the open air in Florida and have found a niche where the audience want to relax, drink and talk without shouting. Playing indoors is much less pleasant because of terrible acoustics. I don't sing but can play hundreds of cover songs from wide range of genres and like to offer some trivia about each song or the original artist - try that at an indoor venue. For the next party I have put together a medley of songs written or performed by artists who died in 2016 - George Michael, Leonard Cohen, Debbie Reynolds, Prince etc. My newfound interest in performing has lead me to an interest in artists and genres that I knew little about only 10 years ago. I have belated discovered country music (it was not in my British upbringing) and absolutely love anything by Queen, I even play ABBA.

I am amazed I am doing all this at 74 - so is my wife!

I would be bored to tears in Florida if it wasn't for my music - it keeps me young.

Tony

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
<...> A dream set that I would assemble would include the whole suite of Ballet For A Girl in Buchannon from Chicago's second album, but people would only understand Make Me Smile and Color My World because that's what they heard on the radio. <...>
I'd love that, and I'd like to add the medley from Abbey Road, Court of the Crimson King and a few others as well.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tony Wright
(snip) Then in 2010 we had the good fortune to begin snowbirding in a Florida campground where the manager used to play guitar in a band and still entertained us with his singing. He knew nothing about electronic music and was fascinated when he heard me using BIAB and persuaded me to play at the campground parties. Then we started rehearsing together and for the first time in my life I played with another musician. He has the ear and the experience and I can read music and arrange the backing tracks - what a team! Doing that for the first time was a thrill that I never anticipated.

I am now a "veteran" at least in my own limited fashion. I love playing in the open air in Florida and have found a niche where the audience want to relax, drink and talk without shouting. (snip2) Tony

What a great story. Sounds like fun and it sounds like music I'd enjoy both seeing and hearing. I especially like the part, "and for the first time in my life I played with another musician. He has the ear and the experience and I can read music and arrange the backing tracks - what a team! Doing that for the first time was a thrill that I never anticipated." You ought to write a song called "Bookends".

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: WendyM

Funny how a psychological assessment like yours would come from someone who does not know me or my life.

In forums we can only draw conclusions based on what people say and how they act. Did you not, in this very thread, recently say,

"when I lose my love for a woman, she is sent packing"
and
"Between Wife 2.0 and Wife 3.0 I took 20 years off. And now sitting at 12 since Wife 3.0 was jettisoned."

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yes I did say that, Johnx3. What would your idea of the right course be, stay with someone after it was clear we didn't even like each other anymore? That has nothing to do with my "attitude" toward women. That has to do with how life goes, and "stuff happens". Thought the world of all 3 when we got married. When the magic was gone, it was gone. Remember, by then, THEY hated ME too. Any comments about their attitude toward men?

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,494
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195