Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi all

I am at a loss
I can no longer seem to change my thru voice,
Its stuck on trumpet I’m sure it worked in 2016 and I thought I had done it in 2017 at least prior to the last update 456
I can hear the trumpet even with transport stopped so that seems to have been fixed.

But I cant select another patch if I say select Acoustic piano from the pull down menu in thru track the box disappears the text does not change .
I seem to remember in the past it did not show until you restarted the song again
But even this does not work and it still sits there on and plays trumpet.
Perplexed
Mike

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Mike Head

I can hear the trumpet even with transport stopped so that seems to have been fixed.

Yes, that was a new feature in BIAB 2017 at user request.

I'll test the other problem.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi again

Thanks Mat I thought that was the case.
Still got the other problem though.

Some thing else odd going on as if I load a midi file into the melody track with the simple open command . it loads as a multi track multi channel midi in that track .
This is normal behaviour . I know,

The strange thing is that which ever instrument is on ch 5 of the midi in the melody track becomes my playable voice from my input keyboard and the thru trumpet no longer plays, that is once the transport is running and the song playing
.In fact once the transport has been run this voice holds even on stop,

I can clearly see this as the instrument on ch5 in the sequencer melody view,
This shows pizzicato strings on ch 5 and that’s what I get as my now playable voice not the through trumpet

As a point of interest
In Real Band everything works fine .
The selected mid track in a multi track midi plays its patch through to my selected midi synth output device,
So no problem here.

Your thoughts would be appreciated
Best regards
Mike

Last edited by Mike Head; 01/11/17 04:51 AM.

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Mike, I think you are onto something. I created a new song then tried changing my MIDI patch on the Thru channel and could not. It's stuck on electric jazz guitar. The only clue I received occurred when I tried to use a patch from the higher banks (for my external Roland hardware synth) and I got an error message that this was a COMBO and I had to select a different patch for one of the first three tracks (including piano, bass). But that didn't work either.

I'm reporting this to the developers.

EDIT: I do have a workaround for you. Go to Preferences, Channels. You can see that the Thru Chn (bottom row) is on Channel 5 as you said. Now look at the third column (Patch), bottom row (Thru Chn). Change the number there to change the GM MIDI patch (1 = piano, 33 = acoustic bass, 57=trumpet etc.). The button marked "GM Patches" in the bottom left shows all the codes. That should hold.

Last edited by Matt Finley; 01/11/17 06:57 AM.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Mat
Thanks a million for your help I thought it was just me and have been going round in circles for days,
I will try your work around.
Just should say I am using the old GUI not that that should make any difference.
Best regards
Mike

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
OK. I'm using the new GUI. I only tried this via the mixer, which I believe I read from PG Music was now supposed to be identical in the old and new GUI, so you are correct - it should not make a difference.

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
HI Mat
Works a treat thank you so much I can work with that for now.
best regards
Mike

R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
Originally Posted By: Mike Head
.........I can hear the trumpet even with transport stopped so that seems to have been fixed. ........

Hi Mike, a question if I may. Are you using an ASIO driver? I ask because several of us have reported this problem was not fixed, using asio4all or for the dedicated ASIO driver associated with the audio interface. This is under Win10x64, BB 2017.456, with "ASIO Always On" enabled, and with "Route Midi through to Midi driver" enabled. (The problem is NOT in RealBand with comparable settings.)

I'd assume you are using ASIO, because most people find the latency with MME prohibitive, but would appreciate if you could confirm. If there is sound under these circumstances, are you sure it originates from the softsynth and not a default synth on an internal sound card? (That possibility can be eliminated by making sure the Microsoft Wave Table synth is not selected in the Midi Output Driver pane of the MIDI/Audio Drivers Setup window.)

Thx, -Ron

BTW, I have that other problem too. I'm sure they'll fix it soon.

EDIT - Ah, I see you are on Win7x64. I suppose that could make a difference, not sure.

Last edited by rkl122; 01/11/17 05:53 PM.
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi RON

My Problem that I was dealing with at the time was not being able to change the Thru voice in the mixer,

So to eliminate the known driver problems with Asio 4 all, and dedicated Asio drivers , I switched to MME for the purpose of the above test on the forum.
As I said with the work around from Mat I can now change my thru Patch,

I was sending my Thru and all midi to my Yamaha CVP405 Clavinova Hardware and needed to be able to change the thru patch to play along as a choir patch 53 gm
Obviously I was working with an all midi style and drums,
Latency was not an issue as I was using hardware.

I do agree MME is a pain to have to use all the time ,and does give me latency when using soft synths or virtual midi synths like coolsoft and a sound font.

ASIO 4 all has is limitations as well as it is only a wrapper and also, only allows one instance in use at any time.

Will do some test later and let you know

Best regards
Mike

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi All

I am pleased to say that this problem has been fixed in build 457
Although it is not listed in the fixes list.
Great to have it working again from the mixer Thru track window’
Thanks guys
Mike

Last edited by Mike Head; 01/20/17 05:46 AM.

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Great!

Veteran
Veteran
Good to hear, as changing the thru voice is a pretty important feature.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
I'm thankful too that the mixer's midi thru assignment is fixed.

BUT unfortunately, the issue I mentioned above is not fixed in BB2017.457. Still can not trigger the default soft synth via Midi Thru using ASIO driver with transport stopped. I don't understand why this is so hard to fix when it works in RealBand, and it worked in BB2016. frown

-Ron

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
BUT unfortunately, the issue I mentioned above is not fixed in BB2017.457. Still can not trigger the default soft synth via Midi Thru using ASIO driver with transport stopped. I don't understand why this is so hard to fix when it works in RealBand, and it worked in BB2016.

This really needs to be fixed. If I'm working out a part on the keyboard, I don't necessarily need the chord progression going, but I do want to hear the solo instrument. Once I work it out, then I'll hit either play or record, but I need to be able to hear the instrument without the accompaniment playing.

If I have ASIO always active, then it should be able to process what is coming through the Thru track, whether the song is playing or not. What makes it different just because I hit "play" or "record"? Seems this should be a simple fix.

And going to MME is not an option because of latency.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195