You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#238763 - 02/05/14 08:39 PM [RealBand] New! Video series on Getting Started with RealBand
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

Blake @ PG Music made a great vidoe series on Getting Started with RealBand.
Thanks Blake!

Getting Started with RealBand in 5 parts:
RealBand: Getting Started 1 – setup: http://youtu.be/_eCmVkA54dk
RealBand: Getting Started 2 – making a song: http://youtu.be/En9Jq948m7w
RealBand: Getting Started 3 – adding tracks: http://youtu.be/ey1VZyB8AeI
RealBand: Getting Started 4 – recording audio: http://youtu.be/JfqCxQ0ZzsA
RealBand: Getting Started 5 – recording MIDI: http://youtu.be/ZuXsGIledHk

RealBand: MIDI Data Filter: http://youtu.be/EIBbakH_42s

#239030 - 02/07/14 06:05 PM [RealBand] Re: New! Video series on Getting Started with RealBand [Re: PeterGannon]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
I looked at all five last night and believe the series is a great introduction to RealBand; especially for someone slightly familar with BIAB but has not taken the opportunity to work with RealBand.

I believe the videos will greatly reduce the amount of time needed to feel comfortable using RealBand.

Great job Blake!
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#239033 - 02/07/14 07:01 PM [RealBand] Re: New! Video series on Getting Started with RealBand [Re: PeterGannon]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Thanks for adding the MIDI Data Filter clip. It is extremely useful!

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#242077 - 03/01/14 12:28 PM [RealBand] Re: New! Video series on Getting Started with RealBand [Re: VideoTrack]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Thanks for adding the MIDI Data Filter clip. It is extremely useful!

+1

and if you're wondering which notes to filter for what percussion pieces: GM Drum Map

As found on the keyboard: GRAPHIC

#245825 - 03/30/14 02:21 AM [RealBand] Re: New! Video series on Getting Started with RealBand [Re: Pat Marr]
MountainSide Offline
Expert

Loc: Lake Keowee, South Carolina
Thanks for posting that keyboard graphic Pat. A good easy to use reference map that I'll add to my notes file.

Jeff
Win10x64, Intel i7 7700k, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB 2018v516, RB 2018v5, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express XT, Yamaha DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive Touch, Kontakt 5.7 SampleTank 3.7

#263270 - 09/23/14 05:57 PM [RealBand] Re: New! Video series on Getting Started with RealBand [Re: PeterGannon]
dedou83 Offline

Excellent ! Merci d'améliorer sans cesse RB.Il m'est devenu indispensable grâce à des fonctions de création de realtrack et de usertrack... le couple BIAB et RB est magique !
Dedou83

laugh Thank you to continually improve RB.Il has become indispensable to me through creation functions RealTrack and USERTRACK ... the couple BIAB and RB's magic!
Dedou83

#268662 - 11/16/14 06:37 AM [RealBand] Re: New! Video series on Getting Started with RealBand [Re: PeterGannon]
Paul Haynes Offline
Journeyman

Loc: United Kingdom
I've just started to look at Realband in a serious way. Found these new videos really helpful. Although as a beginner I need lots and lots more videos! smile

#292987 - 04/26/15 03:33 PM [RealBand] Re: New! Video series on Getting Started with RealBand [Re: Jim Fogle]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Originally Posted By: JimFogle
I looked at all five last night and believe the series is a great introduction to RealBand; especially for someone slightly familar with BIAB but has not taken the opportunity to work with RealBand.

I believe the videos will greatly reduce the amount of time needed to feel comfortable using RealBand.

Great job Blake!

Jim, you are describing me. After 14 years, I'm only now trying to learn and use RB but I'm totally lost.

I have a nice audio (.wma) file of a great piano solo. I want to add drums and strings. Unfortunately, these tutorials are not much help in this instance. Can you or other experienced RB users get me started in the right direction please?

I also have watched the 5 tutorials and agree that Blake did a fabulous job. They just don't answer my intermediate-level question.

Thanks.

#293002 - 04/26/15 07:31 PM [RealBand] Re: New! Video series on Getting Started with RealBand [Re: Don Gaynor]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Don's quote: "I have a nice audio (.wma) file of a great piano solo. I want to add drums and strings. Unfortunately, these tutorials are not much help in this instance. Can you or other experienced RB users get me started in the right direction please?"

Don, in RB, the sequence to add the audio file and then add additional instruments is as follows:

Import your wma file into RB
Open the Audio Chord Wizard,
Choose existing song (which is your audio wma piano file)
Run ACW to determine key, create a tempo map and input the chord progression into the CF page of RB.

Choose a blank track to begin adding RealTracks, Midi, Super Midi or live vocals or instruments.

Be Careful!! it quickly becomes addictive.

#293069 - 04/27/15 08:54 AM [RealBand] Re: New! Video series on Getting Started with RealBand [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Thanks, Jim. That gives me a fun project for today.

#338476 - 02/29/16 01:17 AM [RealBand] Re: New! Video series on Getting Started with RealBand [Re: PeterGannon]
monaliza23 Offline

laugh Thank you to continually improve RB
really it is very impressive

#381423 - 12/09/16 07:53 PM [RealBand] Re: New! Video series on Getting Started with RealBand [Re: monaliza23]
earl kirby Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Mountain Home, Arkansas
Wtched all 5 of these tonight and got a little more d\familar eith RT. Tanks for providing these. We do need more on Real Band and it is much different than BIAB. It appears that the use of RB is going to expand the utility of BIAB greatly!

#381632 - 12/10/16 06:23 PM [RealBand] Re: New! Video series on Getting Started with RealBand [Re: earl kirby]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Realband elevates BIAB to a higher level. For me, it is where music production begins and BIAB accompaniment ends. It is where I take over from the auto generated BIAB tracks and create unique and custom audio tracks. It is where BIAB begins to react as if I were truly playing live in a studio with real musicians.

For example, I recently punched in a guitar track for fills and solo breaks. The track was comped into 18 sections. Using the multiriff feature of RB, each of the 18 sections received 7 alternate takes per section and I chose one of the multi riffs. On occasion, I cut/pasted between two multi riffs merging into a single new riff. That was 126 unique phrases for my song. It was like sitting in a studio with a lead guitar player and directing him throughout the song so it was my unique, custom arrangement.

This is important to me because using BIAB, consider that 10 users choose the same style and the same chord progression for a song. Relying on BIAB auto generated songs from finite recorded audio tracks, there would likely be similar, recognizable phrases between the different users songs. That would not be the case generating multi riffs in a RB track.

Generating such a track took minutes to create and is something no other DAW is capable of in such a short period of time. One would have to generate multiple tracks and export each of them into a DAW and entire tracks would have to be referenced against each other to come even close to what RB did in minutes.

RB is where the human artistry resides.

Charlie

Edited by Charlie Fogle (12/10/16 06:26 PM)

#381666 - 12/11/16 02:27 AM [RealBand] Re: New! Video series on Getting Started with RealBand [Re: Charlie Fogle]
doctormidi Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Torino, ITALY
+1 for Charlie

#389698 - 01/11/17 04:21 PM [RealBand] Re: New! Video series on Getting Started with RealBand [Re: doctormidi]
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
I've really got to do the RB dance. Today's the day I watch the videos! grin wink
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#389740 - 01/11/17 09:35 PM [RealBand] Re: New! Video series on Getting Started with RealBand [Re: lambada]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: doctormidi
+1 for Charlie

Thanks

Charlie

Originally Posted By: lambada
I've really got to do the RB dance. Today's the day I watch the videos! grin wink

I think you'll find it worthwhile and fun to use. It's also useful to me when working on covers of songs and getting the arrangement just right.

Charlie

#389760 - 01/12/17 01:46 AM [RealBand] Re: New! Video series on Getting Started with RealBand [Re: PeterGannon]
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
I've been impressed by these videos. All quite interesting. The playback of recorded mix levels should be very useful for backing tracks.

Edited by lambada (01/12/17 01:46 AM)
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

PG Music News
Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Special Pricing Until June 30th!

With the recent Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release, we also released Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends June 30th!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! Learn more.

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 is a HIT!

Since the release Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, we've received some great feedback!

"The added Piano Roll Window is... WONDERFUL!"
"Adding the Piano Roll Window is a BIG DEAL - thanks PG Music!"
"This significantly changes how I will use Band-in-a-Box in the future."
"And yet again you manage to come up with styles and instruments that we absolutely must have!"
"Great to have the Oohs and Ahhs RealTracks!"
"The RealTracks are worth their weight in gold to me. They really are an amazing invention for music creators."
"Just tonight popped together a quick video using one of the new video styles. Must say the whole process worked without a hitch so this really does look like a great new feature. And what a great teaching aid! "
"Such a comprehensive source for music making!"
"THIS IS EXCITING!"
"The new Audio Chord Wizard is my favorite new feature!"
"This should be great for creating backing tracks for covers."
"Oh wow. This has got to be the coolest enhancement in Band-in-a-Box 2018. This is so-o-o powerful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!"
"A brilliant piece of software!"
"What a release!!!"
"THEY DO NO PAY ME BUT if you don't own this you are crazy."
"Been using Band in a Box for years!! Great product for composing. I absolutely love the background vocals in Band-in-a-Box 2018."
"My compliments to the PG Music team who have once again have delivered an incredible collection of new styles and RealTracks to Band-in-a-Box this year!"
"There is still so much to explore and work with!"
"Love the new Video RealTracks!"
"The mixer included into the StylePicker is a great addition."
"Recent retirement and the 2018 version of BIAB is a perfect combination!!"
"The XTRA Styles are fantastic... any future idle music-related minutes I may have had are now totally gone... gonna find that perfect background rhythm on just about every one of my favorites!!!"
"I bought this Band-in-a-Box 2018 and I love it , it is amazing to work with!!!!!"
"...it's educational utility and the potential is awesome!!!"
"I must say, the new harmony options in particular have me chomping at the bit!"
"This will give my students a great overview of what's going on in an arrangement with the different instruments.!!!"
"A musician must have."
"Lovin' the new RealTracks!!!"
"This is amazing software!"
"Thank you for a wonderful tool for both musicians and singers - I can never say enough about this amazingly versatile product!"

Forum Stats
27612 Members
50 Forums
52203 Topics
432028 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
annzpdas01, drummingsteve, MichLeon, dave1990, mucheyielts2018

27612 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 190
Noel96 165