Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I got my old Behringer V-amp Pro running but unfortunately the editor is not compatible with Win 10 and I do not have a list of original patches. If anyone has a list of the original V-amp Pro patches I would love a copy of it.

Note all the original sounds are there it is just I don't know the names of them as A1, B3 etc is useless.

Thanx in advance for your time.

Ps - I did check the Internet and couldn't find them there.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rharv

Thanx, that is exactly what I am looking for BUT you have to use your charge card to get a 30 free trial. I refuse to do that as I only need this one thing. If I could just buy it that would be something I would do.

If I can't find it any place else I suppose I will be forced to give in.

Thanx again for your time and effort.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Mario

Give me a couple of days to rummage - I will find my literature for the VAmp Pro (I also have one along with a Bass VAmp). I could then scan to pdf and share on my dropbox account or send them to your e-mail address.

Found all the info.

The VAmp software runs on my Windows 10 x64 computer with no problem.

Kevin smile

Last edited by Kevin Woolley; 01/13/17 08:08 AM.
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Mario,
Does this help you at the bottom of the page open up "see all presets"
Brian

http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Guitar/Guitar-Effects-Processors/V-AMP-PRO/p/P0154/downloads

Brian Cadoret
BIAB 2024 Pro with BIAB2023 UltraPAK build 1104. Samplitude Pro X4 Suite. Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio
Focusrite 2i2 Scarlett
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Mario

When I found all the info from 2005 or 2006 the editor programs were in a directory and did not need installing. So when I was looking for the preset lists I tried the software on an impulse and found that it worked fine.

I linked my Roland UM-One interface to my computer and then ran the software again and it sucessfully interrogated my VAmp Pro and presented a list of patches - each of which I could edit.

We should try and find out why yours will not work. I see the editor programs are no longer available but I have backups of everything here.

Kevin smile

Off-Topic
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Brian Cadoret
Hi Mario,
Does this help you at the bottom of the page open up "see all presets"
Brian

http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Guitar/Guitar-Effects-Processors/V-AMP-PRO/p/P0154/downloads

Thanx for trying but this and all of the variations of the V-amp pro manuals do not include the list of presets. I think that is the only unit that I have that doesn't list them.

The listing at the bottom of the page are individual user presets and not the factory presets.

Thanx again.

Off-Topic
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Kevin,

What version of Win 10 and editor do you have? I have tried few different editors with the latest one being 2.03: I think that is the number, it is the latest one.

I have my original manual and another forum friend sent me a couple more but no manual has the factory presets listed.

What I get is the listings in hex and the preset GUI is all messed up. I have tried Win 7, XP sp2 and XP sp3 compatibility modes with no difference. Once I got a not compatible with this OS error message.

If it is working for you and the problems I am having maybe it is my video card. I do know that changing resolution with different compatibility modes does nothing.

I am also using the S/PDF in and out but I doubt that could be the problem.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Mario

Yes, version 2.03 is the latest and the version I have tried. All my desktop machines are Win 10 and the program works on all of them.

The preset sheet you are looking for I have found in pdf format. As I said above if I can get your info in a private message I can send it to you.

Kevin smile

Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Mario, I'm pretty sure I have a copy of the sheet of presets for the V-Amp around here somewhere. I just sold mine a couple months ago. I've been using a Zoom G5 for the past 4 years. My V-amp was not the Pro version but I believe the presets were the same across the product line.

Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I found my V-Amp 2 factory preset list sheet with names of patches and have scanned both sides. If you would like it, let me know where to post it for you or e-mail it to you.

Off-Topic
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks to a number of my forum friends I now have a list of the factory presets. Unlike other sites where I posted the same message where I got zero response the response here has been tremendous! That tells a lot about the people whom frequent these forums.

I thank all of you who helped. I greatly appreciate your time and effort!

Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Could be we are all cheapskate pack rats also...

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Or... could it be that we don't like taking expensive studio equipment on the road when a cheaper alternative is fine for a live gig!!

That at least was my motive behind buying the VAmp Pro, Bass VAmp Pro and the FCB1010 foot controller. Now I've had them all for +/- 12 years they have shown how robust and reliable they actually are.

Kevin smile

Off-Topic
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Kevin I hear ya!

In my rack I have a number of very old synths like a TX81z, a Roland string ensemble and a Roland JV-880. The old stuff just keeps on going and going.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
By the time I saw this thread you already had your patch list, Mario.. sorry.

I really like mine... it's part of my gig rack, because it's MIDI controllable. Without the ability to use MIDI to change patches, effects, bump up the volume and gain for solos, playing a solo act would be a lot harder for me, as I'm very slow at responding in real time. If I have to remember to step on a foot switch in a timely manner, I'll miss the moment every time.

And being rack mountable makes it easy to keep everything I need wired up .. I just have to plug in my instrument and mic, then route the output to powered speakers. Takes minutes to set up.

My only lament is... it ain't no tube amp. Good luck getting a good Stevie Ray sound out of it. But for cover songs in general, with its ability to models amps and effects, its very close to being a "one size fits all" solution to mimicking the sounds from the past.

Interesting to see just how many people here have one.

Off-Topic
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
FYI - I finally got my V-Amp Editor working, well sort of working.
Yesterday I decided to try experimenting with it in my music computer that has Win 10 Pro, my Internet computer, another Win 10 Pro and my laptop that has Win 10 home. In all three cases no dice.

So I dragged out my old XP notebook, hooked everything up but still no dice. That is weird because before it ran under XP. Now I am confused. I put everything back under my music computer and for a whim I disconnected my digital I/O S/PDIF chord and used analog to my audio interface and presto I got the presets to look and print correctly! The cable tested out to be fine so my S/PDIF part of my unit is toast.

Now I said that I had it sort of working. Well the preset I/O works fine but the editor part of the program is visually messed up. It appears that part of the program is not compatible with my video card. I'm not worried though as I can set up my XP notebook if I want to experiment with making my own patches.

Again thanx to all the helped me.

Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Mario, there is a guy who went by username Mokafix, that wrote a VST plugin to be a GUI editorbfor the VAmp series back in the day. I know I have that VST around somewhere on old hard drives. I can put it up on a google drive for you if I find it and you can try it

Off-Topic
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
Mario, there is a guy who went by username Mokafix, that wrote a VST plugin to be a GUI editorbfor the VAmp series back in the day. I know I have that VST around somewhere on old hard drives. I can put it up on a google drive for you if I find it and you can try it

Thanx for the heads up. I binged mokafix + v-amp and I found that plugin. It is still available! So I DLed it and I'll let you know how it works.

PS he has a number of good looking VSTis available. Some are freebees.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Off-Topic
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not

Thanx for the heads up. I binged mokafix + v-amp and I found that plugin. It is still available! So I DLed it and I'll let you know how it works.

PS he has a number of good looking VSTis available. Some are freebees.

I appreciate your time and effort.

The DLLs will not even load in my DAW. Bummer!

Not to worry as any tweaks I make I will use the V-amp to do and to save those preset tweaks.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,447
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195