Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi, imported 2 mono WAV audio file blocks (24bit BTW). Generating or re-generating the song, and 1 out of 2 times BIAB 456 crashes completely. Win 7 64bit, RME fireface firewire connected, Hypersonic 2 or Coyote wavetab, BIAB running as administrator ... Crashed, BIAB exits after that. Killing the audio track solves the problem ...

PS experiment (with Edirol Hyper canvas as VST): loading the audio as one piece mono 16 bit ... same thing, crash ==> exit. SEE BELOW

- F

------------------------------------------

PS the crash display shows:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bbw.exe
Application Version: 2017.0.0.456
Application Timestamp: 2a425e19
Fault Module Name: bbw.exe
Fault Module Version: 2017.0.0.456
Fault Module Timestamp: 2a425e19
Exception Code: c0000094
Exception Offset: 0055087a
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0b75
Additional Information 2: 0b75568a0e6063f8cf7482f4e14934ab
Additional Information 3: c0ea
Additional Information 4: c0ea3fb5f3ebb5e9eecf94b5491c3827

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Last edited by fiddler2007; 01/05/17 10:33 AM. Reason: added information
Veteran
Veteran
I wonder if this might be related to the 24 bit audio? Have you had the same issue with 16 bit audio? Also, have you tried more than one 24 bit audio file?

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
Fiddler, have there been any other changes except for the upgrade? E.g. did you change anything with the sound interfaces or anything else similar?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Veteran
I could be wrong, but I thought that BIAB only deals with 16-bit audio. RealBand can handle higher bit rates, but all the audio in BIAB is 16-bit, as I understand it. I suspect that may be where the problem lies.

You might want to try loading the files into RealBand and down converting from 24-bit to 16-bit audio to see if that's the problem.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks for the replies guyz ....

It happens both with 16bit AND 24 bit. I have not changed anything audio/drivers wise, but it could very well be that the same was before last year as i almost never worked with audio before within BIAB (2016 and 2017). The problem is only when you regenerate the Realtracks and song ... F

Veteran
Veteran
Fiddler,

I did a search of the error messages and two solutions came up: reinstall the program (BiaB) and reinstall a corrupted driver. Both solutions point to a corrupted file.

What attracted my attention was the privacy statement. I don't think I've ever seen a privacy statement in a crash message.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hello Jim, Done, still a no go, crash ... BTW sent it to PG a few days back, not heard from them. PS i noticed a (filename).bt1 file was saved with the song, any ideas what it is?

As tester I loaded the BIAB file into RealBand. Funny: a Half-time in BIAB reggae style, but in Realband one track plays back in normal time (double speed) while below the title it says half-time, and 2 tracks were not fully generated 'till the end. Selecting these separately, checking "halftime" and regenerating fixed this. BUT i noticed that there were a few errors in this plm 140 bar BIAB .MGU import in Realband 2017 v3 near the ending. Experienced arrangement errors from BIAB imported .MGU files like these before about 2 years ago, why i never worked with realband really ... -F

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
BUMP

Veteran
Veteran
Fiddler,

What happens if you generate the file without the audio track loaded and then, after the song has generated, load in the audio track?

Also, under the the 'Song settings' menu (right-click on the chordsheet to access 'Song settings'), try activating the option "This song has playback problems. Disable fast generation" and see if that helps.

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
fast generation disable.JPG (75.77 KB, 113 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks Noel, on both counts: nope, without audio: OK, with audio MONO 16 bit afterwards added, crash with an absolute death of BIAB 2017 v 456 .... F

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
BUMP 2

Veteran
Veteran
Fiddler,

You mention using half-time styles. Does the problem happen if you use a style that is all normal time?

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Noel, just tried that no half time, only a drumtrack loaded as audio, it's the same, in this case with the new BIAB v457, here after pressing Control V trying to buffer the audio for shifting it ... F

Veteran
Veteran
Thanks for the graphic.

I notice you have the Audio Edit Window open. When you open this, is that when the computer crashes?

It looks like your audio file goes from bar 17 to bar 77 while the song file is 3 x 32 = 96 bars long. Is there any reason for this mismatch in size?

Also, I see that the song is set to three choruses. Have you tried unfolding it into a single chorus before loading the audio to see if that makes a difference?

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Noel. This one was just a short tester to answer your request about a non-halftimer, which also crashes. Just off-located audio loaded in some one chord SGU file. Already dumped it LoL.

Just sent mail 2 and 3 to PG, the first one was about a week ago, and they have not answered yet so maybe they know something's a-miss. My guess is that it has to do with Windows itself or the audio drivers for hardware used.

BTW I tried loading the former crashing song with the halftime tracks in to RealBand. No crashes there, but half time tracks all have to be individually reloaded addressed as half time, I still don't like RealBand very much, especially the cumbersome copy and paste routines needed instead of just shifting (and stretching) blocks of audio. Spoiled by Cubase.

Anyway i give up. I feel again like a paying Beta tester .... Steinberg BTW is pretty good at that too, selling you a house with about half the plumbing done, telling you: "well maybe you can take a leak in the backyard if you can't hold it no longer". F

Veteran
Veteran
Ahh... I see.

I don't have any more ideas. There is certainly something unusual afoot here. All I can suggest is to wait for PG Music to respond.

If you sent the email to them a little while back, it might be worthwhile sending another and put the URL of this thread in it because it will help them see all the steps you've tried.

All the best
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello Fiddler,

We received your message and thanks for the additional information. We are working on it.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks Andrew, got the private message too ... F

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,561
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200