Print Thread
Go To
#391426 01/21/17 01:29 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Sergino Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I’m having problems with biab 2017. It is updated both program and realtracks.
I have a piece where I want to change style every 4 bars. I have selected styles for c,d,e,f,g,h,j,k substyles.
Then I see the different color and letters at the left of the bars where I want to change style, but when I start the piece some substyles don’t change, other keep on going with a mixture of the previous and the actual substyle (eg: Themba with rock Hammond).
I remember in the past I was working with substyles without problems.
What am I missing?

Sergino
Bandinabox 2024 standard (2020 Audiophile)
VST3 plugins on Studio One Pro 6.1
Windows 11(SSD) - AMD Radeon R9 5950X - 32GB RAM
MOTU: 2408 MkIII - 24i - Traveler - MIDI Express XT
Apprentice
Apprentice
I dont want to shanghai Sergios post but whwere are these extra substyles? I can only get a Blue one and a Green one.
Should a make a Beginners thread instead?
WendyM

BiaB2022PLUS,927. every extras pack I can find ;-),Sonar7XL,Win 10
Veteran
Veteran
Sergino,

If any of the tracks are frozen, that could be causing the problem.

If the above applies, try unfreezing and regenerating. (Regenerating will not work for frozen tracks.)

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
Wendy,

Start another thread in the BIAB (Windows) forum. A number of people will jump in and help.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Sergino Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Noel, looking for freeze has been my first check and it wasm't.

Sergino
Veteran
Veteran
Have you rendered the track to audio at any point in time? If so, the audio will be playing along with the BIAB file and it will play whatever was set at the time of rendering. (And probably play louder than BIAB.)

To check this, right-click on the audio track on the very top horizontal menu and see if "Kill audio" is available.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Sergino Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Noel, no, I've been using Bandinabox since version 3 on ATARI so I kmow that in that caseI would listen to the entire "Band" not only the Hammond...

Last edited by Sergino; 01/21/17 02:51 AM.

Sergino
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sergino
I have a piece where I want to change style every 4 bars. I have selected styles for c,d,e,f,g,h,j,k substyles.

This is not how I remember the "multistyles" working. There were only a select number of midi styles which supported more than an A and B substyle. So if you select one of the specific "multi substyle" styles, then it would work. But not all styles. Perhaps my memory is fading. crazy

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

D
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
I agree with MusicStudent - they are midi styles that support more than just an A and a B substyle. It might be an instrument change, or a change in pattern, but I don't think it was much more than that. I think the intent was to have a different "feel" for the intro, A, B, and bridge sections.

I believe you can build multi-styles with the Style Builder, perhaps with more than 4 substyles (but I haven't tried it). You can identify RT in a style with the style builder, so you could perhaps build a Real Style with different RTs.

BIAB for Windows Version 2019 (643)
Windows 10 (1909)
Veteran
Veteran
I may be wrong, but my interpretation of Sergino's post is that he has used the "define substyle" option that's now available in BIAB and that allows users an easy way to create their own substyles (see image). This avoids the more complex ways of doing this. The "define substyle" option is available by right-clicking on a part marker.

If my interpretation is correct, from what Sergino has said, this no longer appears to be working the same as it did in the previous version of BIAB.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
multistyles.JPG (46.91 KB, 138 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Sergino Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Yes Noel!

Sergino
Sergino Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I have tried to create a new song and I still have problems with the substyles. Sometimes they change, other times no. If I insert the different substyle in other bars sometimes they change. There is no freeze nor an audio wave or mp3 file with the same name. HELP! I need it for an important radio station and I am loosing precious time!

Sergino
Veteran
Veteran
Sergino,

Please provide some detailed information so that I can try and replicate what you are doing.

What intial style are you using?

What styles or parts of styles are you using for each substyle?

As your request presently stands, I'm floundering in the dark when it comes to trying to get a handle on what's happening.

If possible, can you make a sample SGU/MGU file available on the forum so that we can download it an try it out?

Regards,
Noel

P.S. I understand what you mean about time. Like you, my time is in short supply, too. There's just not enough hours in the day!

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Sergino Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
How can I make a SGU/MGU file available on the forum?

Sergino
Veteran
Veteran
Sergino,

The easiest way to make the file available...

1. Download and install Dropbox.

2. Copy and paste the file into Dropbox... there will be a Dropbox folder created on the computer's desktop. (The file will then upload automatically.)

3. Right-click on the file in Dropbox and copy the 'Dropbox link'.

4. Paste that link in a post in this thread. (People who read the post can then copy and paste the link into a web browser and download the file and investigate it.)

For example: the file below is to a pdf I recently posted in the Songwriting forum.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7255234rukj1oy/I%20Got%20Rhythm%201%20%28analaysis%29.pdf?dl=0

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Sergino Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Here it is,
I put 3 songs with slightly different problems all using substyles
thank you.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxm7rf915slc9wn/Brunetti%20Sergio%20erratic%20substiles.zip?dl=0

Sergino
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks Sergio. I'll have a look at them a little later today and see if I have any thoughts on what the problem might be.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
Sergio,

I've had a play around with the file 'Song with many erratic substyles.SGU'. I've generated it around a dozen times and it seemed to work fine each time.

To be honest, though, I don't know a great deal about substyles because I've never used them.

What I suggest is...

1. Generate and regenerate the backing until you get an instance where the changes are wrong and not happening as they should.

2. When the above occurs, freeze all the tracks.

3. Send the fully frozen SGU to PG Music and in your email, explain which bars are the problem bars and what should have occurred at these locations. Identifying these regions will help Support a great deal and make it much easier to investigate the issue.

Sorry I wasn't able to help more.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Sergino Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Thank you Noel

Sergino
Sergino Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
patch 459 and still have the same problem: songs with substyles that either don't change style or work in an erratic way.
I have sent 2 email to support with example songs and got no answers at all.
I'm loosing the possibility of writing a piece for a national radio station!

Sergino
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195