You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#392431 - 01/25/17 11:33 PM [Off-Topic] January blog post. The easy way to make backing tracks with from midi with Realtracks
JoanneCooper Offline
Expert

Loc: South Africa
Hello All

I hope you are having an amazing January. I am looking forward to FAWM (February Album Writing Month) that is starting shortly.

Here is my January Blog post.

The easy way to create backing tracks from a midi file using RealTracks

The idea for using this method was kindly provided by Charlie Fogle. Thanks Charlie,it is an great method and one that I will be using often.

Any comments and feedback is much appreciated and also let me know if it is okay for me to cross post your comment to my blog.

#392434 - 01/26/17 12:15 AM [Off-Topic] Re: January blog post. The easy way to make backing tracks with from midi with Realtracks [Re: JoanneCooper]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Expert

Thanks Joanne! I read your post, downloaded a fav old rocker and was delighted at how nicely it all came together! Really appreciate the tips!

#392448 - 01/26/17 04:43 AM [Off-Topic] Re: January blog post. The easy way to make backing tracks with from midi with Realtracks [Re: JoanneCooper]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Great job Joanne. This should really give beginners a big boost. You are a wonderful ambassador for PGMusic and I think you are a huge blessing to people who love music and are willing to give BIAB a try. You're giving the gift to someone of "I can do that" confidence factor.

Advanced users will likely know or quickly figure out to not delete all those unused tracks away and combine midi and RealTracks into very high quality and authentic backing tracks. Beginners will also learn that as they become more experienced and confident.

Thanks for the nod here and in your blog post but you did the leg work and I think a lot of folks will benefit from your blog.

Charlie

#392469 - 01/26/17 06:16 AM [Off-Topic] Re: January blog post. The easy way to make backing tracks with from midi with Realtracks [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Quote:
You are a wonderful ambassador for PGMusic and I think you are a huge blessing to people who love music and are willing to give BIAB a try. You're giving the gift to someone of "I can do that" confidence factor.

Great post Josie. Your boundless energy continues to amaze me. Above all else, you never forget your many friends. Thanks for allowing me in your life.

Donny

#392588 - 01/26/17 02:51 PM [Off-Topic] Re: January blog post. The easy way to make backing tracks with from midi with Realtracks [Re: JoanneCooper]
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Thank you for this great blog post Joanne!

#392618 - 01/26/17 06:22 PM [Off-Topic] Re: January blog post. The easy way to make backing tracks with from midi with Realtracks [Re: JoanneCooper]
Hugh2 Offline
Enthusiast

Hi Joanne,
Took me ages to figure some of that stuff out but you have put it in order really simply and clearly,
This blog should be really handy to anyone trying out Biab,
The sequencer part I found tricky so I used to isolate the melody part of the midi on musescore before I sent it over to Biab.
This way is simplier and less time consuming.
Thanks Hugh

#393321 - 01/30/17 01:57 PM [Off-Topic] Re: January blog post. The easy way to make backing tracks with from midi with Realtracks [Re: JoanneCooper]
Will B - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Great post, Joanne, and great job on the tip, Charlie! I'll definitely be sending customers towards this smile

#393520 - 01/31/17 10:28 AM [Off-Topic] Re: January blog post. The easy way to make backing tracks with from midi with Realtracks [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Offline
Expert

Loc: South Africa
Thank you so much J * 3, Charlie, Don, Callie, Hugh and Will. Glad you enjoyed it.

#393599 - 01/31/17 05:44 PM [Off-Topic] Re: January blog post. The easy way to make backing tracks with from midi with Realtracks [Re: JoanneCooper]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Joanne,

Your blog has some very interesting topics. I can't imagine how you keep coming up with such good topics month-after-month-after-month.

I was not aware of the Floyd Jane interview. Great interview and responses.

Making backing tracks is a subject everyone seems to find interesting, especially this crowd!
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

++ Saving My Sanity One Song At A Time ++

PG Music News
Eric Blackmon Tutorial Video - 2.8 Million Views!

Eric Blackmon uses Band-in-a-Box® accompaniment with his online tutorials, and has just let us know that his first Band-in-a-Box® featured video tutorial, How To Play An Electric Guitar Solo Without Even THINKING About Scales #1 In Am has more than 2.8 Million views!

Check out the video: How To Play An Electric Guitar Solo Without Even THINKING About Scales #1 In Am

Watch all of Eric's videos on his YouTube channel.

New Band-in-a-Box® Xtra Styles PAKs Quick Start Video!

Wondering how to get started with your Xtra Styles PAKs? You're in luck... we have created a Band-in-a-Box® Xtra Styles PAK Quick Start Video to help!

Check it out: Video: Band-in-a-Box® Xtra Styles PAK Quick Start

Learn more about the just-released Xtra Styles PAK 3! Listen to demos of these 160 new RealStyles at www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?pak=all&os=win#pak3.

Don't forget... the Xtra Styles PAK 3 is on sale for just $29 during our Xtra Styles special, which ends July 31, 2017!

Plus... if you don't have any Xtra Styles yet, you'll be happy to hear that you can purchase all three sets (485 RealStyles) and the 2017 49-PAK for only $129 during our Xtra Styles special.

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2017 for Windows Build 466 Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows customers can install the latest patch update (Build 466) here: www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#466

Fixed: Rendering to MP3 might fail with error "cannot get stream size".
Fixed: Rendering to MP3 will cause Band-in-a-Box to crash if choosing "MPEG Layer-3" as the codec.
Fixed: The style name and description would not be displayed immediately after bootup.
Fixed: The total choruses button should show the current chorus during playback.
Fixed: There were various errors (eg notes not transposed) in the Chord Builder popup menus.
Fixed: When demoing RealDrums in the RealDrums Picker dialog, the demo would not start at the beginning.
Fixed: When exporting a MIDI file, RealTracks would generate even if "Save RealCharts in MIDI files" was disabled.
Fixed: When using the * wildcard for chord type in the Search-Replace Chords dialog, all of the resulting chords would have their type changed to 6.

(Note: This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2017 build.)

User Tips - Entering Melody

Our Forum is packed with helpful posts - especially the Tips & Tricks section, where other program users share their own tips for working with PG Music Inc. software.

Like this recent post by Icelander: Always enter your melody in as midi - check it out!

Have your own tips & tricks to share? Join the conversation today when you register on our forum!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac Video Review!

We're proud to say that Band-in-a-Box® is enjoyed worldwide!

Our most recent video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac was created by Aram, who is a sound producer, production blogger, and author of popular video tutorials broadcasted in MUZBIZNES.

You many not be able to understand everything he says (it's in Russian), but check it out: Video Review: Band-in-a-Box

Click here to review our notes (in English) of this video review.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac 49-PAK - It's Still Here!

The for Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac 49-PAK is still available, and includes 24 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 24 Instrumental Studies, 34 MIDI SuperTracks, and 59 Styles for Rediscovered RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks!

Now, all First-time & regular-price Upgrade purchases of the Band-in-a-Box® 2017 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition include the 49-PAK! Pro, MegaPAK, and PlusPAK customers can add it to their purchase for just $49! www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm

Learn more about what is in the 2017 49-PAK: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.49pak.htm

Listen to Xtra Styles PAK 3 Demos!

We've just released 160 new RealStyles in Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and Americana styles with Xtra Styles PAK 3!

Listen to demos for all 160 RealStyles here.

Forum Stats
26101 Members
49 Forums
46246 Topics
375999 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
CaptTomLarsen, guitar2amp, mark1066, GMC_Phil, disfunker

26101 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 168
Al-David 153