You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#188154 - 01/03/13 01:28 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Using BIAB with an iPad
techman65 Offline

Is anyone using BIAB with an iPad? My father is a musician and has enjoyed using the Mac version of BIAB. He received an iPad for Christmas and really would like to be able to use the iPad with BIAB. He has downloaded the BIAB app for iPad and we tried to connect it with the BIAB installation on his iMac with no success. It asks for a server IP address, but when we enter the IP the app does not connect.

Thanks for any insight.

#188155 - 01/03/13 10:34 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Using BIAB with an iPad [Re: techman65]
babarton Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Techman,

It's probably worth contacting PG support for help with this. Try the support tab at the top of the page.

Bruce

#188156 - 01/18/13 10:01 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Using BIAB with an iPad [Re: babarton]
rishied Offline
Enthusiast

There's no server on the Mac. You create the mp4a on the Mac and then download it and the Biab file to the ipad. Look at the help file.

#188157 - 02/05/13 04:03 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Using BIAB with an iPad [Re: techman65]
BIAB4RSA Offline

I have tried in vain to illicit help on this subject. I need to do exactly that. Control BIAB on my MAC from my iPad. Anyone else out there who has a solution. Streaming audio to my MAC would be an option. I tried "Airplayer" but could not get that to work either. As a musician I need to remotely control my BIAB on my MAC. THe iPad solution is supposed to do that!

I was told by onlline help that the apple version 2012.5 build 65 is inferior somewhat to the 2013 Windows version which apparently has a feature BIAB2GO to setup the server from the BIAB application on the MAC to connect to the ipad.

Any solutions PGMUSIC? I believe it is a serious offense to Apple users that you prefer Windows when Apple is a major player in the music industry.
I personally will never go back to using Windows.

#188158 - 02/08/13 11:06 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Using BIAB with an iPad solution [Re: BIAB4RSA]
jodroog Offline

You have to create a temporary wifi network on your mac (imac, macbook, mini) where your BIAB files are.
see an example:
http://beatsurfing.net/connect-mac-wifi/

step 1: create a temporary network on teh mac
http://beatsurfing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/01-create-adhoc.png
http://beatsurfing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/02-create-adhoc.png
http://beatsurfing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/03-create-adhoc.png

step 2: connect the ipad to the new tempoary network
http://beatsurfing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/04-create-adhoc.png
now you get in the BIAB ipad app, the ip address you have to use in the browser on the mac.

#188159 - 02/08/13 10:48 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Using BIAB with an iPad solution [Re: jodroog]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

On the Mac, you can easily create m4a files for all SGU files in a folder.

If using version 2012.5 or higher:
This is done by the menu option (File- Batch Save all Songs in current folder to '.m4a). Version 2012.5 or higher required for that batch function. So to use that, load in a song from the folder that you want, and then it will be the current folder, and then do that command.

If using version 2012, you can only make one .m4a file at a time (File- Save Song as .m4a ) ). If doing that on a bunch of files, you need to load them in one by one, and then choose that menu option (since the batch file feature was introduced in version 2012.5)

Once you have the folder with .m4a and sgu/mgu BiaB songs, you just make a zip of the all of the files, and you will send this .zip to your iPad.
It is not needed to setup some kind of temp network as jodroog suggested. You just need to be on the same wifi network.

Watch the video that shows you how to do it (click on "Downloading Songs from your Mac"

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.iphone.mac.htm

Here's a direct link

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Version 2017 for Windows Build 463 Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows customers can install the latest patch update (Build 463) here: www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#463

Summary of changes for Version 2017 Build 463:
Added: In the PDF manual, clicking on the Bookmarks navigation pane, Table of Contents, or Index will jump to the corresponding page. (Note: To use the navigational elements, you need to open the PDF manual in Adobe Reader.)
Fixed: When associating file types with Band-in-a-Box, the user would get the success message "File types are now registered for songs..." when the process failed.
Fixed: When unassociating file types with Band-in-a-Box, the user would get the success message "File types are now NOT registered for songs..." when the process failed.
Fixed: If opening a Band-in-a-Box song from Windows explorer, and specifically choosing the "Open" command instead of "Play", playback would start anyway.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might ask to associate file in Windows Explorer even if they are already set.
Fixed: Right-clicking on a Band-in-a-Box song in explorer and selecting play would not open the song.
Fixed: Associating file types only works if the exe is named "bbw.exe".
Fixed: Various Conductor hot keys were not working.
Fixed: Some number-pad keys were not working in the song memo.
Fixed: Toggling Loop Section with the 1 key would not display a message.
Fixed: With factory settings, it appears as if "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" is selected in the MIDI driver setup dialog even though it is not. The user might click Cancel because it appears that the driver is already selected.
Fixed: When in the MIDI driver setup dialog, clicking on Audio Settings should connect/disconnect MIDI drivers. Eg. the user might be attempting to connect to ASIO4ALL, which often does not work with the Microsoft GS Wavetable MIDI driver.
Fixed: Some RealTracks Artist Bio's typos/omissions.

(note: This patch will update Band-in-a-Box® 2017 to Build 463 from any previous 2017 build.)

Video - Tony Lee Glenn's Final Version - Relic

We recently shared a video submitted by Band-in-a-Box user Tony Lee Glenn that was his detailed explanation for exporting audio from Band-in-a-Box for use in an Adobe Audition. Want to see the final product? Check out this video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=EUicsf2lyyc

Great Job Tony!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac New Features Video

Learn more about all the new Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac version with this video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=iT9tXELeayM

Read more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac Special - Up to 50% Off for a Limited Time!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac with over 80 new features, 202 New RealTracks, and more!

To celebrate, we are slashing upgrade prices for a limited time! Until May 31, 2017 you can save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac Upgrade!

View all the purchase options for Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac at www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm.

A summary of our special upgrade prices:
Band-in-a-Box® Pro:
Upgrade from Version 2016: $59 (reg: $69)
Upgrade from Version 2015 or earlier or crossgrade from Windows: $69 (reg: $79)
Special 2017 Program Update from 2016: $49
**Requires Version 2016. Includes version 2017 program updates only. (No other Add-ons or Bonus PAK) **available for a limited time!**

Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK:
Upgrade from Version 2016: $89 (reg: $149)
Upgrade from Version 2015 or earlier or crossgrade from Windows: $99 (reg: $159)

Band-in-a-Box® PlusPAK:
Upgrade from Version 2016: $99 (reg: $129)
(The PlusPAK is designed to upgrade 2016 UltraPlusPAK & EverythingPAK users who are downloading their upgrade or do not want to purchase a new hard drive)

Band-in-a-Box® UltraPlusPAK:
Upgrade from Version 2016: $149 (reg: $279)
Upgrade from Version 2015 or earlier or crossgrade from Windows: $169 (reg: $299)

Band-in-a-Box® EverythingPAK:
Upgrade from Version 2016: $169 (reg: $379)
Upgrade from Version 2015 or earlier or crossgrade from Windows: $189 (reg: $399)

Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition:
Upgrade from 2016 Audiophile Edition: $199 **available for a limited time!**

Learn more about the new features available in Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm.

Picture - RealTracks Artists Oliver Gannon and Neil Swainson Perform!

A member of our PG Team snapped this great photo of RealTracks Artists Oliver Gannon and Neil Swainson as they shared the stage with Tony Genge and Kelby MacNayr this past Sunday for a great show put on at Hermann's Jazz Club in Victoria, BC!

Click here to take a peak!
[from L to R: Tony Genge (piano), Oliver Gannon (guitar), Neil Swainson (bass), and Kelby MacNayr (drums)]

Learn more about all of the RealTracks Artists when you visit www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php.

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac Video - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes*

Learn more about the new Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac version when you check out our latest video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=JO9RHH29uKU

In this video you'll see the new GUI, hear the new RealTracks & RealDrums features, 12-key Guitar RealTracks with Hi-Q Tab/Notation, UserTracks enhancements, Chord Sheet enhancements, and more!

A complete list of the new features added to Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac can be viewed at www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

Forum Stats
25915 Members
49 Forums
45343 Topics
368622 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
Waldflote, iXaarii, bobster1967, diedi, SuhaimiS

25915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 338
zedd 242