You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#188154 - 01/03/13 01:28 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Using BIAB with an iPad
techman65 Offline

Is anyone using BIAB with an iPad? My father is a musician and has enjoyed using the Mac version of BIAB. He received an iPad for Christmas and really would like to be able to use the iPad with BIAB. He has downloaded the BIAB app for iPad and we tried to connect it with the BIAB installation on his iMac with no success. It asks for a server IP address, but when we enter the IP the app does not connect.

Thanks for any insight.

#188155 - 01/03/13 10:34 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Using BIAB with an iPad [Re: techman65]
babarton Online   content
Apprentice

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Techman,

It's probably worth contacting PG support for help with this. Try the support tab at the top of the page.

Bruce

#188156 - 01/18/13 10:01 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Using BIAB with an iPad [Re: babarton]
rishied Offline
Enthusiast

There's no server on the Mac. You create the mp4a on the Mac and then download it and the Biab file to the ipad. Look at the help file.

#188157 - 02/05/13 04:03 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Using BIAB with an iPad [Re: techman65]
BIAB4RSA Offline

I have tried in vain to illicit help on this subject. I need to do exactly that. Control BIAB on my MAC from my iPad. Anyone else out there who has a solution. Streaming audio to my MAC would be an option. I tried "Airplayer" but could not get that to work either. As a musician I need to remotely control my BIAB on my MAC. THe iPad solution is supposed to do that!

I was told by onlline help that the apple version 2012.5 build 65 is inferior somewhat to the 2013 Windows version which apparently has a feature BIAB2GO to setup the server from the BIAB application on the MAC to connect to the ipad.

Any solutions PGMUSIC? I believe it is a serious offense to Apple users that you prefer Windows when Apple is a major player in the music industry.
I personally will never go back to using Windows.

#188158 - 02/08/13 11:06 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Using BIAB with an iPad solution [Re: BIAB4RSA]
jodroog Offline

You have to create a temporary wifi network on your mac (imac, macbook, mini) where your BIAB files are.
see an example:
http://beatsurfing.net/connect-mac-wifi/

step 1: create a temporary network on teh mac
http://beatsurfing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/01-create-adhoc.png
http://beatsurfing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/02-create-adhoc.png
http://beatsurfing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/03-create-adhoc.png

step 2: connect the ipad to the new tempoary network
http://beatsurfing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/04-create-adhoc.png
now you get in the BIAB ipad app, the ip address you have to use in the browser on the mac.

#188159 - 02/08/13 10:48 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Using BIAB with an iPad solution [Re: jodroog]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

On the Mac, you can easily create m4a files for all SGU files in a folder.

If using version 2012.5 or higher:
This is done by the menu option (File- Batch Save all Songs in current folder to '.m4a). Version 2012.5 or higher required for that batch function. So to use that, load in a song from the folder that you want, and then it will be the current folder, and then do that command.

If using version 2012, you can only make one .m4a file at a time (File- Save Song as .m4a ) ). If doing that on a bunch of files, you need to load them in one by one, and then choose that menu option (since the batch file feature was introduced in version 2012.5)

Once you have the folder with .m4a and sgu/mgu BiaB songs, you just make a zip of the all of the files, and you will send this .zip to your iPad.
It is not needed to setup some kind of temp network as jodroog suggested. You just need to be on the same wifi network.

Watch the video that shows you how to do it (click on "Downloading Songs from your Mac"

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.iphone.mac.htm

Here's a direct link

PG Music News
It's Almost Over - Band-in-a-Box® Special Ends January 15th!

You're running time to order your Band-in-a-Box® upgrade and save up to 50%!

Order before January 15th for great savings on most upgrade packages and a Free Bonus PAK!

Mac users - Place your order online at www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm

Windows users - Place your order online at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

...or give us a call.

Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box®... Special Ends January 15th!

There's only a few days left to purchase your Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box at discounted pricing... offers end January 15th!

Xtra Styles PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box®:
Over 160 professionally mixed RealStyles in 4 volumes: Rock-Pop 2, Jazz 2, Country 2, and Bluegrass and World 2, $15 each. Get the All Xtra Styles PAK 2 (4 volumes) for only $29 (reg. $49).

Xtra Styles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®:
Over 160 professionally mixed RealStyles in 4 volumes: Rock-Pop 1, Jazz 1, Country 1, and Singer/Songwriter 1, $15 each. Get the All Xtra Styles PAK 1 (4 volumes) for only $29 (reg. $49).

Want them all? The All Xtra Styles PAK 1 & 2 Bundle is the package for you with ALL 8 volumes (325 RealStyles) for the special price of only $49 (reg. $98)!
Includes: Includes all 325 RealStyles from PAKs 1 (released summer 2016) AND 2 (released December 2016), for Jazz, Country, Rock-Pop, Singer/Songwriter, and Bluegrass & World.

Listen to all the Xtra Styles demos here.

Purchase for Windows here.
Purchase for Mac here.

Note: All of the Xtra Styles in Volumes 1 & 2 work with any Band-in-a-Box® 2016 or later UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition with a 2016 49-PAK.

Act Now - The Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Special Ends January 15th!

Time is running out! The Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand special pricing ends January 15th!

Order before then and save $20 when you purchase all 3 volumes for just $29 (reg $49). Individual volumes are available for $19 each.

Learn more about the Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand special - choose your OS here:
Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand - Mac
Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand - Windows

Beginners Forum - How Sound is Routed...

Every wonder exactly how the sound in Band-in-a-Box is routed to your speakers? It's one thing to explain it in writing, but it's often easier to understand this process when you see it as a diagram.

And that's exactly what you can do when you take a look at the forum post pghboemike shared in our Beginners Forum - Click here to check it out!

Great explanation pghboemike - thank you for sharing!

Do you have a handy tip to share with Beginners to Band-in-a-Box or music tech in general? Join our forum and post to our Beginners Forum today!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac Special Ends January 15th!

There's still time to order your Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac upgrade and save up to 50%!

Order before January 15th for great savings on most upgrade packages and a Free Bonus PAK! Learn more about the features in Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

Place your order online at www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm or give us a call.

The special pricing we are offering for the Xtra Styles PAKs and Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand end January 15th also!

Learn more about the Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand special... all 3 volumes for just $29 (reg $49) here: www.pgmusic.com/celticguitarmasterclass.mac.htm

Listen to demos & learn more about the Xtra Styles PAKs 1-2, which are on sale for $29 each volume (reg $49) here: www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=mac

The Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows Special Ends January 15th!

There's still time to order your Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows upgrade and save up to 50%!

Order before January 15th for great savings on most upgrade packages and a Free Bonus PAK!

Learn more about what's new in Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm. When you're ready, place your order online at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm or give us a call.

The special pricing we are offering for the Xtra Styles PAKs and Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand end January 15th also!

Learn more about the Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand special... all 3 volumes for just $29 (reg $49) here: www.pgmusic.com/celticguitarmasterclass.htm

Listen to demos & learn more about the Xtra Styles PAKs 1-2, which are on sale for $29 each volume (reg $49) here: www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Submit Your Video Testimonial Today!

Want to share with others how much you love Band-in-a-Box? You should create a Video Testimonial and send it to us, just like these other users did!

Submit your video, and when we use it on our website (and YouTube page) we will send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK! Click here to learn more.

Check out the Video Testimonials we've received so far: www.pgmusic.com/videotestimonials.php

Forum Stats
25715 Members
47 Forums
43581 Topics
352079 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
kenkenshi, Joachim Röderer, onedementino, Tom_G, Svenno

25714 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 235
Noel96 208