You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#188154 - 01/03/13 01:28 PM Using BIAB with an iPad
techman65 Offline

Is anyone using BIAB with an iPad? My father is a musician and has enjoyed using the Mac version of BIAB. He received an iPad for Christmas and really would like to be able to use the iPad with BIAB. He has downloaded the BIAB app for iPad and we tried to connect it with the BIAB installation on his iMac with no success. It asks for a server IP address, but when we enter the IP the app does not connect.

Thanks for any insight.

#188155 - 01/03/13 10:34 PM Re: Using BIAB with an iPad [Re: techman65]
babarton Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Techman,

It's probably worth contacting PG support for help with this. Try the support tab at the top of the page.

Bruce

#188156 - 01/18/13 10:01 PM Re: Using BIAB with an iPad [Re: babarton]
rishied Offline
Enthusiast

There's no server on the Mac. You create the mp4a on the Mac and then download it and the Biab file to the ipad. Look at the help file.

#188157 - 02/05/13 04:03 PM Re: Using BIAB with an iPad [Re: techman65]
BIAB4RSA Offline

I have tried in vain to illicit help on this subject. I need to do exactly that. Control BIAB on my MAC from my iPad. Anyone else out there who has a solution. Streaming audio to my MAC would be an option. I tried "Airplayer" but could not get that to work either. As a musician I need to remotely control my BIAB on my MAC. THe iPad solution is supposed to do that!

I was told by onlline help that the apple version 2012.5 build 65 is inferior somewhat to the 2013 Windows version which apparently has a feature BIAB2GO to setup the server from the BIAB application on the MAC to connect to the ipad.

Any solutions PGMUSIC? I believe it is a serious offense to Apple users that you prefer Windows when Apple is a major player in the music industry.
I personally will never go back to using Windows.

#188158 - 02/08/13 11:06 AM Re: Using BIAB with an iPad solution [Re: BIAB4RSA]
jodroog Offline

You have to create a temporary wifi network on your mac (imac, macbook, mini) where your BIAB files are.
see an example:
http://beatsurfing.net/connect-mac-wifi/

step 1: create a temporary network on teh mac
http://beatsurfing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/01-create-adhoc.png
http://beatsurfing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/02-create-adhoc.png
http://beatsurfing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/03-create-adhoc.png

step 2: connect the ipad to the new tempoary network
http://beatsurfing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/04-create-adhoc.png
now you get in the BIAB ipad app, the ip address you have to use in the browser on the mac.

#188159 - 02/08/13 10:48 PM Re: Using BIAB with an iPad solution [Re: jodroog]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

On the Mac, you can easily create m4a files for all SGU files in a folder.

If using version 2012.5 or higher:
This is done by the menu option (File- Batch Save all Songs in current folder to '.m4a). Version 2012.5 or higher required for that batch function. So to use that, load in a song from the folder that you want, and then it will be the current folder, and then do that command.

If using version 2012, you can only make one .m4a file at a time (File- Save Song as .m4a ) ). If doing that on a bunch of files, you need to load them in one by one, and then choose that menu option (since the batch file feature was introduced in version 2012.5)

Once you have the folder with .m4a and sgu/mgu BiaB songs, you just make a zip of the all of the files, and you will send this .zip to your iPad.
It is not needed to setup some kind of temp network as jodroog suggested. You just need to be on the same wifi network.

Watch the video that shows you how to do it (click on "Downloading Songs from your Mac"

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.iphone.mac.htm

Here's a direct link

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Purchase jBridge for Only $10!

One of the exciting new features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is support for 64-bit VST Plugins when you use jBridge.

You can purchase jBridge for just $10 during our special! Click here for more information.

Load and Play Videos with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows!

One of the new features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is the ability to load videos that you have already downloaded from YouTube or elsewhere into Band-in-a-Box Video Window. The audio is extracted from the video to the audio track!
Watch program creator Peter Gannon explain this new feature here.

Introducing RealTracks Artist Mike Moreno - Upcoming Shows!

Mike Moreno is a Jazz guitarist recognized as being one of the most important figures in the new generation of Jazz guitarists! He's also a busy man - not only will you find his work in our newest Jazz RealTracks Sets 215-216, you'll also find him performing throughout January! For a complete list of his upcoming performances, visit http://www.mikemoreno.com/shows.html

NEW! Band-in-a-Box Version 2015 Build 412 Update

The Band-in-a-Box Version 2015 Build 412 update is a free update for every Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows user! Click here to download.
** Major feature added **
Save as Video.
Now you can save your Band-in-a-Box song composition as a video, that you can upload to YouTube or work with in video programs. Just press the [Save as] button and choose 'Save as Video'. The 'video' portion is the chordsheet in Band-in-a-Box that shows the chords and a highlighted bar moving as the song plays. Song title and song info displays at the top of the window. For example, you can make a backing track for a cool chord progression, and upload it to YouTube for others to play along to. Do a visual transpose and upload a second version for Bb tenor sax players.

This patch also includes:

• Fixed: When no mp3 codecs were available and render was chosen to mp3, program was sometimes locking up.

• Fixed: Icon changed for 2015 new features in some menus.

• Fixed: Most HiQ instruments have been updated - fixed tuning problems and one sustained note problem.

• Improved: RT207 - A new RT - Horn Section, Rhythm, Funk 2-part, Ev 110 (Simple with Space) adds space between riffs and sounds more like a background style.

• Fixed: RT 208 Rockabilly - RealStyle fixed.

• Fixed: RT 209 Baritone Sax - RealStyle fixed.

• Fixed: RT 210 Motown - Style Demos Audio added, some song demos updated.

• Fixed: RT 211 Motown - Demo fixed.

• Fixed: RT 212 Synths - RealStyle and demos added for Synth, ElectroFlutes, Rhythm Pop Ev 085

• Fixed: RT 216 Jazz Pollwinners - updated/fixed demos and styles.

• Fixed: Audiophile version crash when a specific P&W holds file was used.

• Updated: StylePicker list updates for new styles.

• Updated: Documentation and help file updates.

Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows Hard Drive!

The pre-installed hard drive option for the Band-in-a-Box UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK and Audiophile Edition packages are a convenient way to purchase your Band-in-a-Box! These options are delivered completely pre-installed on a high-speed USB 2.0 HD!

Taking your Band-in-a-Box with you is easy when you have the UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK or Audiophile Edition.

Listen to Demos of 101 NEW RealTracks!

With the recent release of Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows, we also released 101 NEW RealTracks! There are 33 new Jazz, 32 new Country and 36 new Pop-Rock RealTracks!
Learn more about the 101 new RealTracks for Windows in Sets 206-227 and listen to their demos here: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.101newrealtracks.htm

Get all 101 new Realtracks when you purchase the UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, Audiophile Edition or PlusPAK Upgrade! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Customers LOVE the New Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows!

Here's what they're saying:
"Band-in-a-Box 2015 has the best new features EVER! Happy, happy!"..."The evolution of this program is nothing short of spectacular!"..."OMG! There are some very cool new features and some awesome new RealTracks! This is going to be a Very Merry Christmas for me!"…"You gotta love it!"…"This is a wonderful program!"…"Band-in-a-Box and RealBand are such amazing programs!"…"I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas - thanks PG!"..."Superb software!"..."I'm very excited as usual about this awesome PRODUCT."…"It's a GEM!"…"Unbelievable!" …"Band-in-a-Box is a great tool with the power and openness of RealBand, creation is accessible to all!"…"This is the BEST track backup program I have heard!"…"I'm constantly blown away by what this program is capable of!"…

Forum Stats
22395 Members
39 Forums
31710 Topics
251472 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 12:12 PM
Newest Members
SlashBIAB, umd, efghij502603, lizziehemsneth, mark davis

22395 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
PeterGannon 278
Noel96 251