You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#188154 - 01/03/13 01:28 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Using BIAB with an iPad
techman65 Offline

Is anyone using BIAB with an iPad? My father is a musician and has enjoyed using the Mac version of BIAB. He received an iPad for Christmas and really would like to be able to use the iPad with BIAB. He has downloaded the BIAB app for iPad and we tried to connect it with the BIAB installation on his iMac with no success. It asks for a server IP address, but when we enter the IP the app does not connect.

Thanks for any insight.

#188155 - 01/03/13 10:34 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Using BIAB with an iPad [Re: techman65]
babarton Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Techman,

It's probably worth contacting PG support for help with this. Try the support tab at the top of the page.

Bruce

#188156 - 01/18/13 10:01 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Using BIAB with an iPad [Re: babarton]
rishied Offline
Enthusiast

There's no server on the Mac. You create the mp4a on the Mac and then download it and the Biab file to the ipad. Look at the help file.

#188157 - 02/05/13 04:03 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Using BIAB with an iPad [Re: techman65]
BIAB4RSA Offline

I have tried in vain to illicit help on this subject. I need to do exactly that. Control BIAB on my MAC from my iPad. Anyone else out there who has a solution. Streaming audio to my MAC would be an option. I tried "Airplayer" but could not get that to work either. As a musician I need to remotely control my BIAB on my MAC. THe iPad solution is supposed to do that!

I was told by onlline help that the apple version 2012.5 build 65 is inferior somewhat to the 2013 Windows version which apparently has a feature BIAB2GO to setup the server from the BIAB application on the MAC to connect to the ipad.

Any solutions PGMUSIC? I believe it is a serious offense to Apple users that you prefer Windows when Apple is a major player in the music industry.
I personally will never go back to using Windows.

#188158 - 02/08/13 11:06 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Using BIAB with an iPad solution [Re: BIAB4RSA]
jodroog Offline

You have to create a temporary wifi network on your mac (imac, macbook, mini) where your BIAB files are.
see an example:
http://beatsurfing.net/connect-mac-wifi/

step 1: create a temporary network on teh mac
http://beatsurfing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/01-create-adhoc.png
http://beatsurfing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/02-create-adhoc.png
http://beatsurfing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/03-create-adhoc.png

step 2: connect the ipad to the new tempoary network
http://beatsurfing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/04-create-adhoc.png
now you get in the BIAB ipad app, the ip address you have to use in the browser on the mac.

#188159 - 02/08/13 10:48 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Using BIAB with an iPad solution [Re: jodroog]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

On the Mac, you can easily create m4a files for all SGU files in a folder.

If using version 2012.5 or higher:
This is done by the menu option (File- Batch Save all Songs in current folder to '.m4a). Version 2012.5 or higher required for that batch function. So to use that, load in a song from the folder that you want, and then it will be the current folder, and then do that command.

If using version 2012, you can only make one .m4a file at a time (File- Save Song as .m4a ) ). If doing that on a bunch of files, you need to load them in one by one, and then choose that menu option (since the batch file feature was introduced in version 2012.5)

Once you have the folder with .m4a and sgu/mgu BiaB songs, you just make a zip of the all of the files, and you will send this .zip to your iPad.
It is not needed to setup some kind of temp network as jodroog suggested. You just need to be on the same wifi network.

Watch the video that shows you how to do it (click on "Downloading Songs from your Mac"

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.iphone.mac.htm

Here's a direct link

PG Music News
User Tips - How to Add More Audio & Midi Tracks to Band-in-a-Box

If you've been looking for a way to add more audio and MIDI tracks to your Band-in-a-Box song, check out forum user Pipeline's helpful forum post: How to Add More Audio & Midi Tracks to Band-in-a-Box

Have your own program tips & tricks to share? Join the conversation today when you register on our forum!

Eric Blackmon Tutorial Video - 2.8 Million Views!

Eric Blackmon uses Band-in-a-Box® accompaniment with his online tutorials, and has just let us know that his first Band-in-a-Box® featured video tutorial, How To Play An Electric Guitar Solo Without Even THINKING About Scales #1 In Am has more than 2.8 Million views!

Check out the video: How To Play An Electric Guitar Solo Without Even THINKING About Scales #1 In Am

Watch all of Eric's videos on his YouTube channel.

New Band-in-a-Box® Xtra Styles PAKs Quick Start Video!

Wondering how to get started with your Xtra Styles PAKs? You're in luck... we have created a Band-in-a-Box® Xtra Styles PAK Quick Start Video to help!

Check it out: Video: Band-in-a-Box® Xtra Styles PAK Quick Start

Learn more about the just-released Xtra Styles PAK 3! Listen to demos of these 160 new RealStyles at www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?pak=all&os=win#pak3.

Don't forget... the Xtra Styles PAK 3 is on sale for just $29 during our Xtra Styles special, which ends July 31, 2017!

Plus... if you don't have any Xtra Styles yet, you'll be happy to hear that you can purchase all three sets (485 RealStyles) and the 2017 49-PAK for only $129 during our Xtra Styles special.

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2017 for Windows Build 466 Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows customers can install the latest patch update (Build 466) here: www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#466

Fixed: Rendering to MP3 might fail with error "cannot get stream size".
Fixed: Rendering to MP3 will cause Band-in-a-Box to crash if choosing "MPEG Layer-3" as the codec.
Fixed: The style name and description would not be displayed immediately after bootup.
Fixed: The total choruses button should show the current chorus during playback.
Fixed: There were various errors (eg notes not transposed) in the Chord Builder popup menus.
Fixed: When demoing RealDrums in the RealDrums Picker dialog, the demo would not start at the beginning.
Fixed: When exporting a MIDI file, RealTracks would generate even if "Save RealCharts in MIDI files" was disabled.
Fixed: When using the * wildcard for chord type in the Search-Replace Chords dialog, all of the resulting chords would have their type changed to 6.

(Note: This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2017 build.)

User Tips - Entering Melody

Our Forum is packed with helpful posts - especially the Tips & Tricks section, where other program users share their own tips for working with PG Music Inc. software.

Like this recent post by Icelander: Always enter your melody in as midi - check it out!

Have your own tips & tricks to share? Join the conversation today when you register on our forum!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac Video Review!

We're proud to say that Band-in-a-Box® is enjoyed worldwide!

Our most recent video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac was created by Aram, who is a sound producer, production blogger, and author of popular video tutorials broadcasted in MUZBIZNES.

You many not be able to understand everything he says (it's in Russian), but check it out: Video Review: Band-in-a-Box

Click here to review our notes (in English) of this video review.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac 49-PAK - It's Still Here!

The for Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac 49-PAK is still available, and includes 24 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 24 Instrumental Studies, 34 MIDI SuperTracks, and 59 Styles for Rediscovered RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks!

Now, all First-time & regular-price Upgrade purchases of the Band-in-a-Box® 2017 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition include the 49-PAK! Pro, MegaPAK, and PlusPAK customers can add it to their purchase for just $49! www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm

Learn more about what is in the 2017 49-PAK: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.49pak.htm

Forum Stats
26107 Members
49 Forums
46266 Topics
376257 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
Rollo Crisis, John Gaunt, fernandomota13, DallasTXBill, Si.Blakely

26107 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 157