You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#188154 - 01/03/13 01:28 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Using BIAB with an iPad
techman65 Offline

Is anyone using BIAB with an iPad? My father is a musician and has enjoyed using the Mac version of BIAB. He received an iPad for Christmas and really would like to be able to use the iPad with BIAB. He has downloaded the BIAB app for iPad and we tried to connect it with the BIAB installation on his iMac with no success. It asks for a server IP address, but when we enter the IP the app does not connect.

Thanks for any insight.

#188155 - 01/03/13 10:34 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Using BIAB with an iPad [Re: techman65]
babarton Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Techman,

It's probably worth contacting PG support for help with this. Try the support tab at the top of the page.

Bruce

#188156 - 01/18/13 10:01 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Using BIAB with an iPad [Re: babarton]
rishied Offline
Enthusiast

There's no server on the Mac. You create the mp4a on the Mac and then download it and the Biab file to the ipad. Look at the help file.

#188157 - 02/05/13 04:03 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Using BIAB with an iPad [Re: techman65]
BIAB4RSA Offline

I have tried in vain to illicit help on this subject. I need to do exactly that. Control BIAB on my MAC from my iPad. Anyone else out there who has a solution. Streaming audio to my MAC would be an option. I tried "Airplayer" but could not get that to work either. As a musician I need to remotely control my BIAB on my MAC. THe iPad solution is supposed to do that!

I was told by onlline help that the apple version 2012.5 build 65 is inferior somewhat to the 2013 Windows version which apparently has a feature BIAB2GO to setup the server from the BIAB application on the MAC to connect to the ipad.

Any solutions PGMUSIC? I believe it is a serious offense to Apple users that you prefer Windows when Apple is a major player in the music industry.
I personally will never go back to using Windows.

#188158 - 02/08/13 11:06 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Using BIAB with an iPad solution [Re: BIAB4RSA]
jodroog Offline

You have to create a temporary wifi network on your mac (imac, macbook, mini) where your BIAB files are.
see an example:
http://beatsurfing.net/connect-mac-wifi/

step 1: create a temporary network on teh mac
http://beatsurfing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/01-create-adhoc.png
http://beatsurfing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/02-create-adhoc.png
http://beatsurfing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/03-create-adhoc.png

step 2: connect the ipad to the new tempoary network
http://beatsurfing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/04-create-adhoc.png
now you get in the BIAB ipad app, the ip address you have to use in the browser on the mac.

#188159 - 02/08/13 10:48 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: Using BIAB with an iPad solution [Re: jodroog]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

On the Mac, you can easily create m4a files for all SGU files in a folder.

If using version 2012.5 or higher:
This is done by the menu option (File- Batch Save all Songs in current folder to '.m4a). Version 2012.5 or higher required for that batch function. So to use that, load in a song from the folder that you want, and then it will be the current folder, and then do that command.

If using version 2012, you can only make one .m4a file at a time (File- Save Song as .m4a ) ). If doing that on a bunch of files, you need to load them in one by one, and then choose that menu option (since the batch file feature was introduced in version 2012.5)

Once you have the folder with .m4a and sgu/mgu BiaB songs, you just make a zip of the all of the files, and you will send this .zip to your iPad.
It is not needed to setup some kind of temp network as jodroog suggested. You just need to be on the same wifi network.

Watch the video that shows you how to do it (click on "Downloading Songs from your Mac"

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.iphone.mac.htm

Here's a direct link

PG Music News
RealBand 2017 Patch Update Available! (Build 8)

Attention RealBand 2017 users - the latest patch update (build 8) is available, and can be downloaded here.

Summary of Changes for Version 2017 Build 8:
Fixed: Empty MIDI SuperTracks and Best Soloist dialogs.
Fixed: After the end of a song, it would continue to play silence if Always On MME was enabled.
Fixed: CPU meter would say "PT" during bootup.

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2017 for Windows Patch Update 468 Available!

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows users - the latest patch update (468) is available, and can be downloaded here.

Summary of Changes for Version 2017 Build 468:
Fixed: Various popup dialogs (eg editing volume on mixer) might appear partially off screen.
Fixed: Setting "Audio Master (Base) Tempo" does not take effect until reloading the song.
Fixed: If importing audio while launching the Audio Chord Wizard, the wrong audio master tempo is set, causing the audio track to never be in sync with the style.
Fixed: Dragging to the WAV quadrant of the drop station would ignore the "Drag Master as separate tracks" setting.
Fixed: The [Edit Soloist] and [Edit Melody] buttons in the Event List Editor dialog did not work.
Fixed: Disabling "Draw interpolation" would cause random lines between sample points in the Audio Edit window.
Fixed: If a THRU harmony is selected, then Band-in-a-Box would freeze when soloing the Soloist or Thru tracks.
Fixed: Changing the color setting for "Window background" in the Audio Edit window had no effect.
Fixed: Hitting [Cancel] in the Audio Edit Settings dialog would cause a random zoom to occur.
Fixed: The [Sample] button in the Audio Edit window would zoom in to the far left of the screen, rather than to the cursor.
Fixed: If opening a song that was saved in the Mac version, a random character would be inserted at the beginning of these lead sheet fields: "Style", "Tempo", "Copyright", "Composer", and "Composer2".
Fixed: When exporting a video of the chord sheet, the the resulting video might be cropped.
Fixed: The drop station would take a few seconds to respond during the first attempt to drag and drop.

Band-in-a-Box® Video Tutorial VHS - #TBT

WOW - Look at what we came across! The Inside Band-in-a-Box Instructional Video Series for Band-in-a-Box Version 7!

Take a look...

These covered so many different topics... we needed 2 VHS tapes! From the basics of entering a song, chords, transposing, notation, recording a melody, etc. to advanced features like working with harmonies, secrets to the StyleMaker, drum patters, recording patterns and more, these videos were a hit!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® and Pro Tools

Are you a Pro Tools user? Have you seen our video, Using Band-in-a-Box to Supercharge Pro Tools?

Watch it now to learn how the powerful combination of Band-in-a-Box® and Pro Tools can boost your music creativity: Video - Using Band-in-a-Box to Supercharge Pro Tools

YouTube Find - My First Backing Track, First YouTube Video

We love that YouTube user Rick Mccann posted a video playing along with his first backing track using Band-in-a-Box!

Watch - First YouTube Video

What a great job - hopefully we see more from Rick!

User Tip - Differences Between the 'Regular' and Audiophile Version... #TipTuesday

Long time program user and forum member Matt Finley had shared his tip regarding the Audiophile version of Band-in-a-Box earlier this year, and it's still valid today!

If you've ever wondered what the difference between the 'regular version' of Band-in-a-Box and the Audiophile version, make sure you read through his forum post: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version - it's well written, and always great to hear about the program from fellow users!

The Audiophile Version includes the entire contents of the EverythingPAK and adds the uncompressed WAV or AIFF files for all the included RealTracks & RealDrums! Learn more about the Audiophile version: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.audiophile.htm

Band-in-a-Box® User Feedback - Wow!

There are so many ways to get in touch with people these days... phone, email, social networking, etc.... so of course we hear more feedback from program users these days!
...and here's what they're saying:

"I discovered Band in a Box about a year ago. I hesitated several times before purchasing it as I couldn't quite believe it was going to be as good as the hype. I eventually relented and I can honestly say, it's an incredible program and does some amazing things. As a songwriter, it's an indispensable tool and I can't imagine not having it."
-Vince C.

"I bought the first band in a box for my Atari 1040 ST and I used it for at least 10 years before upgrading to a Windows computer. After real drums, and then real tracks, came out I have upgraded every December since. The program is absolutely inspired and inspirational."
-Kirk O.

"Not everyone can find or afford real musicians to assist them when writing songs - and if working from home, as many songwriters do, there might not be room for them. Band In A Box does the next best thing and takes recordings of real musicians performing, then makes the material available pretty much in real time, in a form that adapts to your own composition by following the chord sequences. Hard to explain simply, but fairly amazing in practice."
-Steve C.

"Great tool for musicians - and the drummer keeps a steady beat!!"
-Maurice A.

"Great for learning new songs. I was weak on country rock songs and with the combination of using Riffstation and BIAB I am able to creat my own backup track for live performance and practicing songs with easier chording... Thanks PG!"
-Laurent C.

"I have it since 2001, use it all the time, great program!"
-John F.

"Thank you Band in a Box. I am a songwriter, and don't play several instruments, so I love being able to wear 2 hats and write and produce, and then later record vocals... You have probably saved me months/years on my project. Excellent tool. Thanks again!"
-Randy A.

"Didn't think I would ever go down that road but got roped into it by another muso friend, bought it and now loving it!"
-Fred P.

Let us know what you think! Post a review on our Band-in-a-Box Comments page, visit our Facebook page, or contact us directly.

Forum Stats
26494 Members
50 Forums
47914 Topics
391075 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
Voltrane, RyanR, Steve S, Guillermo R V, Tárrio

26494 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 178
jford 154