You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#393107 - 01/29/17 04:29 PM [Beginners Forum] Removing drum fills at part marker changes??
six_rabbits Offline

I have right-clicked the bar maker and unchecked the option "Allow drum fill for bar before this part marker" BUT STILL I'm getting drum fills at the part marker changes from substyle A to B, and from substyle B back to A.

So I edited the style (both A and B substyles) to make the fills a copy of the regular part of the style, and set the pattern weight to 9. This made the "fill" sound just like the main substyle, BUT there's still an added cymbal crash at the transition from substyle B back to A, no matter what I do.

So I'm still getting fills at style changes even though I've specifically disabled them at the transition bars (and those around it too!)

What am I doing wrong? Please help!

BIAB for Windows version 2016 (438)

Thanks!

#393113 - 01/29/17 04:39 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Removing drum fills at part marker changes [Re: six_rabbits]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Just ruling out normal stuff first:

Did you regenerate the song?
Is the drum track frozen? If so, unfreeze it.
Do you have the most recent update of BIAB?
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#393116 - 01/29/17 04:44 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Removing drum fills at part marker changes [Re: Matt Finley]
six_rabbits Offline

Thanks for the suggestions. I just checked... yes I have the latest version.
Nothing is frozen, and have regenerated the song (a lot!).

#393141 - 01/29/17 06:42 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Removing drum fills at part marker changes [Re: six_rabbits]
Veteran

OK, thanks. I haven't used this function since it was first introduced, and it worked for me in testing, but there have been many changes to the program since (and I'm using 2017).

Still, can we try to replicate this? I assume we're talking about RealDrums, not MIDI. Can you tell us which RealDrum? Even better, post your song. One way some of us do this is open a free Dropbox account, upload the song to the public area, and post the link here.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#393150 - 01/29/17 07:54 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Removing drum fills at part marker changes?? [Re: six_rabbits]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Simple

Attachments
BB_No_Drum_Fills.jpg

#393151 - 01/29/17 08:09 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Removing drum fills at part marker changes?? [Re: six_rabbits]
Veteran

Your 'simple' is an excellent workaround if it is for the whole song, but I am also still interested in the original problem. That should be working.

#393226 - 01/30/17 06:35 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: Removing drum fills at part marker changes [Re: six_rabbits]
six_rabbits Offline

Can anyone please verify that this feature has worked for them?

Thanks!

#393227 - 01/30/17 06:44 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: Removing drum fills at part marker changes [Re: six_rabbits]
six_rabbits Offline

I'm using MIDI drums, not RealDrums. Is that a requirement? I don't know if I have a RealDrums choice that will suit the tempo, but I'll look.

Thanks!

#393287 - 01/30/17 12:01 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Removing drum fills at part marker changes [Re: six_rabbits]
six_rabbits Offline

Update:

Switching to RealDrums does not fix the problem. Unchecking "Allow drum fills for bars before this part marker" does not eliminate drum fills, whether I use RealDrums or MIDI drums.

If I wanted to remove all drum fills for the entire song, then Pipeline's suggestion (above) works.

#393290 - 01/30/17 12:16 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Removing drum fills at part marker changes [Re: six_rabbits]
Veteran

Try one more thing please. Do a Return to Factory Settings and test again. You will first have an opportunity to save any custom settings you have made.

#393291 - 01/30/17 12:22 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Removing drum fills at part marker changes [Re: six_rabbits]
six_rabbits Offline

I've uploaded a song to Dropbox that demonstrate the problem. Here is the link to the song and its style:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tt0zlh49w5f04zr/AACCeZpf0--IqSf5HeVt1KYna?dl=0

I've unchecked the 'Allow fills...' at and around the bar markers, but it makes no difference. I get fills anyway.

Thanks for the help!

#393295 - 01/30/17 12:29 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Removing drum fills at part marker changes [Re: six_rabbits]
six_rabbits Offline

Returning to Factory Settings didn't change the behavior. Good thing to try though.

#393537 - 01/31/17 12:20 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Removing drum fills at part marker changes?? [Re: six_rabbits]
John-Luke Offline
Expert

Loc: France
Originally Posted By: six_rabbits
I have right-clicked the bar maker and unchecked the option "Allow drum fill for bar before this part marker" BUT STILL I'm getting drum fills at the part marker changes from substyle A to B, and from substyle B back to A.

This feature don't work for MIDI Drums !
I have written a post in the wishlist a long time ago with no effect up to now.
That is a real shame because it is a very handy, useful and musical feature and we can't get it !

I'm glad to see that new BIAB users have legitimate questions about so useful features. MIDI is still used by many users and we need to get new features for MIDI.

Edited by John-Luke (01/31/17 12:21 PM)

#393538 - 01/31/17 12:24 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Removing drum fills at part marker changes?? [Re: John-Luke]
John-Luke Offline
Expert

If you want delete the crash cymbal after part marker change, you have to edit the postfill pattern and NOT the fill pattern.

#393557 - 01/31/17 01:52 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Removing drum fills at part marker changes?? [Re: six_rabbits]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

If you have to use midi drums,
-open the piano roll
-select D
-select the note on the keyboard, this will select all opening hi-hat post fill notes in red
-now hit delete

you can also copy/paste/delete others manually then freeze.

Attachments
BB_Midi_Drum_Fills_Remove.jpg

#393651 - 02/01/17 04:25 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: Removing drum fills at part marker changes [Re: six_rabbits]
six_rabbits Offline

My conclusion is that this is another bug in the program... it may have worked in previous builds but is broken in this latest version 2016-438.

How good is the support from the factory? Are bug fixes for past-year's versions released?

I'm just wondering, what should I expect?

Thanks!

#393730 - 02/01/17 11:37 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: Removing drum fills at part marker changes [Re: six_rabbits]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Six-Rabbits -

Unfortunately, once a new version of BIAB comes out (now 2017), you will not see any additional updates to previous years' versions.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#393766 - 02/01/17 02:37 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Removing drum fills at part marker changes [Re: six_rabbits]
six_rabbits Offline

Thanks John,

That's disappointing, but not surprising. I suspect all the resources go to the latest version of the program. They have to fix the old bugs and write in some new ones! Job security!
(Just kidding... even with its faults BIAB pretty much rocks, once you climb the really steep learning curve.)

Thanks again,

Brian

#394678 - 02/06/17 11:59 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: Removing drum fills at part marker changes [Re: six_rabbits]
John-Luke Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: six_rabbits
My conclusion is that this is another bug in the program... it may have worked in previous builds but is broken in this latest version 2016-438.

No, it is NOT a bug.
The feature we are talking about was NOT implemented for the MIDI Drums.

It is on the wishlist forum for more than 2 years.

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
YouTube Find - Live Recording of Casa Di Amore Performance using Band-in-a-Box Backing Tracks!

Wow - check out this audio recording of a live performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks! Click here to watch...

While you're there, take a look at Rick's YouTube channel - ALL of the recordings from their Casa Di Amore playlist include Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!
(These were all recorded during their 2005 performance at Casa Di Amore in Las Vegas Nevada.)

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Users LOVE Xtra Styles PAK 5!

We're excited to offer Xtra Styles PAK 5, with over 160 fully-mixed styles, including 35 new MIDI Styles... LOOK MA - ALL MIDI!

But, we're not the only ones in love with Xtra Styles PAK 5 - here's what you're saying:
"Wow! That's quite a collection!"
"Really appreciate all the new MIDI styles!"
"These have already helped my rhythm and intonation and given new life to my practice. And it is SO MUCH FUN."
"Simply awesome. Thanks, everyone at PG!"
"A great new PAK indeed!"
"Great new collection here!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Way to go, PG Music!"
"Oh, they've made ALL-MIDI styles!!!"
"Best move I've ever made!"
"These new RealStyles are amazingly creative!"
"Outstanding!"
"Oh! Goody!!"

Save 40% when you purchase Xtra Styles PAK 5 for just $29 (reg. $49) during our special, which ends August 31st!
Click here to learn more, listen to demos, or order today!

Then, don't forget to enter your song, created using these new Styles, in our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest for your chance to win $150 PG Bucks!

Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Forum Stats
27840 Members
57 Forums
53092 Topics
440707 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
jones30, alicetaylor, Guitarrocks, helmut_K, Jerome1968

27840 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 135