Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Post your own Tips and Tricks here
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
I found one that works to give more tracks in Biab, it will follow the looped section/play/stop/pause to the host.
energyXT 1.4 in the forum it says it's abondonware.
DropBox energyXT14VSTPlugin.zip

The newer version energyXT 2.6 don't work in BB if PG fix this you can buy the newer version. http://www.energy-xt.com/download/26/energyXT26VST.zip
there is no contact or support reply from any of the the email addresses.
I purchased it but the download was an old 2.6 standalone version and would not register 1.4

Load energyXT.dll into midi track plugin slot
or energyXTE.dll into audio Track Effects slot
Set your 32 bit vst folder, you can also Browse to a vst and drag it into the chain window then connect it (left click to disconnect)
Add a Sequencer, double click to open it
Add Audio or Midi track, if you want to add FX to a track, in the main chain window click on the "1" to add EQ or VST
Click on the "C" and drag to pan track
Double click the VST name to bring up GUI
Tracks drag straight in from DROP WAV/MIDI
In Options Sync Mode > External
To be able to save the session right click chain window at the bottom Install License File > massiva.key

Last edited by Pipeline; 02/05/17 01:13 PM.
Journeyman
Journeyman
Pipeline: love your screenshots. What app do you use, (and cost).

I use (older) Hypersnap 6. I love it but your images are much sharper.

Thanks
DE

Win 10, 64 bit, love my Lenovo T420, BIAB 2019 (613), RB 2019 (2)

Short term memory is getting shorter.
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
I use the Print Screen or Alt + Print Screen (for current window) button on my keyboard then paste (Ctrl+V) into windows Paint or http://www.irfanview.com/ free, then select area of image by dragging mouse then Ctrl+Y to crop or Ctrl+R to resize.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
I use the Print Screen or Alt + Print Screen (for current window) button on my keyboard then paste (Ctrl+V) into windows Paint or http://www.irfanview.com/ free, then select area of image by dragging mouse then Ctrl+Y to crop or Ctrl+R to resize.

Pipeline,

I appreciate your response. I also use Irfanview, great utility. Did you know you can press F12 and bring up a moveable Paint ribbon bar? Hopefully this returns the favor of your sharing Cntrl Y and Cntrl R.

I wasn't aware of Cntrl Y and Cntrl R.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Thanks JF, I remember you had to install that Paint now they have put it in there, F12 I will have to remember that, Shift+G is useful and the Plugin Pak http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm

Here's some multichannel drums:

Full screen

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Also in Irfanview, Ctrl+T to add text in mouse selection.

I got energyXT 2.6 vst to work by first loading IL MiniHost Modular 32.dll then load energyXT2 VSTi.dll into it.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB_MH_EXT26-1100.jpg (276.01 KB, 621 downloads)
Veteran
Veteran
While not free, but not expensive either, I tend to use SnagIt for my screen shots. And you can do lots of annotations from within the SnagIt editor.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Journeyman
Journeyman
DISREGARD: Pipeline: how do you draw "arrows" (as seen above) using Infranview?

Thanks
DE

DISREGARD: I've gone back to Hypersnap, I've used this for 10 years and know all the in's and out's.

Thanks anyway
DE

Last edited by DEddy; 02/14/17 05:53 AM.

Win 10, 64 bit, love my Lenovo T420, BIAB 2019 (613), RB 2019 (2)

Short term memory is getting shorter.
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
For anyone else hit F12 to bring Paint Box Pallet up as JF mentioned:

Full Screen

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Irfanview-Paint.gif (1001.49 KB, 415 downloads)
Expert
Expert
One (dumb) Q, you probably cannot use a 64 bit sequencer in this situation with either EnergyXT and or IL Minihost? - F

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
You have a 64bit MiniHost that will run with JBridge
IL Minihost Modular 64.dll
IL Minihost Modular (FX) 64.dll

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Wow, Pipeline - this is a great Band-in-a-Box hack! I can absolutely see the practicality in doing this. I think I'm going to have to to try this out at home in my off-time.

Thanks so much for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Well, you can go out the back and thank Jeff for all his hard work getting the VST Sync integrated as this makes BB RB more versatile.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi,

I'm looking to add more tracks. Am I correct in thinking this tutorial will achieve this?

I've tried following the instruction but get lost very quickly. Not If someone can confirm it will give you more tracks then I'll follow it up with a new post asking for a little more clarity on the process.

Thank you,

Warren

Don't force it, use a bigger hammer..

BIAB 2023 | STEINBERG UR22 | RODE NT1 | GRETSCH G5420T | REAPER DAW
WIN 10 PRO 64-BIT | OFFICE 365 | INTEL CORE I3 3.30GHZ | 12GB RAM | 2 X 2TB HDD
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: StaffsLebowski
Hi,

I'm looking to add more tracks. Am I correct in thinking this tutorial will achieve this?

I've tried following the instruction but get lost very quickly. Not If someone can confirm it will give you more tracks then I'll follow it up with a new post asking for a little more clarity on the process.

Thank you,

Warren

The easiest way to achieve more tracks is probably just to use RealBand (48 tracks).

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Journeyman
Journeyman
Actually, I found a remarkably easy way to get multiple RTs on a single track (although you sacrifice the functionality of having being to tweak each one individually). Basically, under the RT medley option, you can pick choose "entire song," and then pick up to 10 additional RTs and then check the "play all simultaneously" box.

Multiple tracks.PNG (43.5 KB, 222 downloads)

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
That's a very nice tool to add to the arsenal Deacon. I use multiple instruments on a track a lot and was unaware of this feature. I've been playing with all morning and having a ball.

Thanks for posting.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 01/14/18 01:32 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: DeaconBlues09
Actually, I found a remarkably easy way to get multiple RTs on a single track (although you sacrifice the functionality of having being to tweak each one individually). Basically, under the RT medley option, you can pick choose "entire song," and then pick up to 10 additional RTs and then check the "play all simultaneously" box.

This goes back to a wish I have made many times and that is open all 16 channels to users. This way they would function like the 5 we already have. That is regenerate and/or freeze and use for RTs, RDs and MIDI.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Veteran
Veteran
True but this runs into the old (very old) discussion about how far do you want to take Biab with multitracks when you already have Real Band sitting there ready to go with 48 tracks. And RB has much better editing.

Will those who seriously think they would be using more than 48 tracks in Biab please raise their hands?

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Thank you VideoTrack,

It's a solution but, the workflow with going to Real Band feels slow to me. Here's my workflow:

1: I like to get the bones of a song (bass, drums, guitar/piano etc) to work out the structure in BIAB.
2: I then add another instrument (as a fills/complimentary sound). There's all my BIAB tracks gone frown
3: I then port all tracks to Reaper
4: I then return to BIAB, remove one one of the tracks, add another to see what fits, if good, export back to Reaper
5: Rinse, lather, repeat...

Going back and forth like this is very tedious. More tracks in the BIAB window would be great.

I thought the originator of this thread was proposing this could be done. Am I wrong?

Thanks again..

Don't force it, use a bigger hammer..

BIAB 2023 | STEINBERG UR22 | RODE NT1 | GRETSCH G5420T | REAPER DAW
WIN 10 PRO 64-BIT | OFFICE 365 | INTEL CORE I3 3.30GHZ | 12GB RAM | 2 X 2TB HDD
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,478
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195