You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#394393 - 02/05/17 12:10 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Biab Win More Audio & Midi Tracks
Pipeline Offline
Expert

I found one that works to give more tracks in Biab, it will follow the looped section/play/stop/pause to the host.
energyXT 1.4 in the forum it says it's abondonware.
DropBox energyXT14VSTPlugin.zip

The newer version energyXT 2.6 don't work in BB if PG fix this you can buy the newer version. http://www.energy-xt.com/download/26/energyXT26VST.zip
there is no contact or support reply from any of the the email addresses.
I purchased it but the download was an old 2.6 standalone version and would not register 1.4

Load energyXT.dll into midi track plugin slot
or energyXTE.dll into audio Track Effects slot
Set your 32 bit vst folder, you can also Browse to a vst and drag it into the chain window then connect it (left click to disconnect)
Add a Sequencer, double click to open it
Add Audio or Midi track, if you want to add FX to a track, in the main chain window click on the "1" to add EQ or VST
Click on the "C" and drag to pan track
Double click the VST name to bring up GUI
Tracks drag straight in from DROP WAV/MIDI
In Options Sync Mode > External
To be able to save the session right click chain window at the bottom Install License File > massiva.key

Edited by Pipeline (02/05/17 03:13 PM)

#394417 - 02/05/17 05:34 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Biab Win More Audio & Midi Tracks [Re: Pipeline]
DEddy Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canada
Pipeline: love your screenshots. What app do you use, (and cost).

I use (older) Hypersnap 6. I love it but your images are much sharper.

Thanks
DE

Short term memory is getting shorter.

#394459 - 02/05/17 08:52 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Biab Win More Audio & Midi Tracks [Re: DEddy]
Pipeline Offline
Expert

I use the Print Screen or Alt + Print Screen (for current window) button on my keyboard then paste (Ctrl+V) into windows Paint or http://www.irfanview.com/ free, then select area of image by dragging mouse then Ctrl+Y to crop or Ctrl+R to resize.

#394485 - 02/05/17 10:12 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Biab Win More Audio & Midi Tracks [Re: Pipeline]
Jim Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
I use the Print Screen or Alt + Print Screen (for current window) button on my keyboard then paste (Ctrl+V) into windows Paint or http://www.irfanview.com/ free, then select area of image by dragging mouse then Ctrl+Y to crop or Ctrl+R to resize.

Pipeline,

I appreciate your response. I also use Irfanview, great utility. Did you know you can press F12 and bring up a moveable Paint ribbon bar? Hopefully this returns the favor of your sharing Cntrl Y and Cntrl R.

I wasn't aware of Cntrl Y and Cntrl R.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

++ Saving My Sanity One Song At A Time ++

#394559 - 02/05/17 04:06 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Biab Win More Audio & Midi Tracks [Re: Jim Fogle]
Pipeline Offline
Expert

Thanks JF, I remember you had to install that Paint now they have put it in there, F12 I will have to remember that, Shift+G is useful and the Plugin Pak http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm

Here's some multichannel drums:

Full screen

#394596 - 02/06/17 01:43 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Biab Win More Audio & Midi Tracks [Re: Pipeline]
Pipeline Offline
Expert

Also in Irfanview, Ctrl+T to add text in mouse selection.

I got energyXT 2.6 vst to work by first loading IL MiniHost Modular 32.dll then load energyXT2 VSTi.dll into it.

Attachments
BB_MH_EXT26-1100.jpg

#394877 - 02/07/17 11:30 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Biab Win More Audio & Midi Tracks [Re: Pipeline]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
While not free, but not expensive either, I tend to use SnagIt for my screen shots. And you can do lots of annotations from within the SnagIt editor.

#1-Win10Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
#2-Win10Pro-64,16GB,SSDBoot,7200RPM
#3-Win7Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
H/W: Onboard audio, FastTrack Pro, Casio Kbds
S/W: BB/RB2017/Sonar/Reaper/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/
NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web: http://www.sus4chord.com

#396018 - 02/14/17 07:39 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Biab Win More Audio & Midi Tracks [Re: Pipeline]
DEddy Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canada
DISREGARD: Pipeline: how do you draw "arrows" (as seen above) using Infranview?

Thanks
DE

DISREGARD: I've gone back to Hypersnap, I've used this for 10 years and know all the in's and out's.

Thanks anyway
DE

Edited by DEddy (02/14/17 07:53 AM)

Short term memory is getting shorter.

#396043 - 02/14/17 10:11 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Biab Win More Audio & Midi Tracks [Re: DEddy]
Pipeline Offline
Expert

For anyone else hit F12 to bring Paint Box Pallet up as JF mentioned:

Full Screen

Attachments
Irfanview-Paint.gif (168 downloads)

#419121 - 06/25/17 01:06 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Biab Win More Audio & Midi Tracks [Re: Pipeline]
fiddler2007 Offline
Journeyman

One (dumb) Q, you probably cannot use a 64 bit sequencer in this situation with either EnergyXT and or IL Minihost? - F

#419123 - 06/25/17 01:17 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Biab Win More Audio & Midi Tracks [Re: fiddler2007]
Pipeline Offline
Expert

You have a 64bit MiniHost that will run with JBridge
IL Minihost Modular 64.dll
IL Minihost Modular (FX) 64.dll

#423152 - 07/25/17 01:53 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Biab Win More Audio & Midi Tracks [Re: Pipeline]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow, Pipeline - this is a great Band-in-a-Box hack! I can absolutely see the practicality in doing this. I think I'm going to have to to try this out at home in my off-time.

Thanks so much for sharing smile

#423300 - 07/26/17 09:44 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Biab Win More Audio & Midi Tracks [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
Pipeline Offline
Expert

Well, you can go out the back and thank Jeff for all his hard work getting the VST Sync integrated as this makes BB RB more versatile.

PG Music News
User Tip - Midi to Keystroke "Hot Key" Win Mac (Conductor for Mac)

Forum user Pipeline shares a great 'tip' with his post Midi to Keystroke "Hot Key" Win Mac (Conductor for Mac)!

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=430438

Thanks for posting to our Tips & Tricks forum Pipeline!

#TBT - Band-in-a-Box® Version 5 Article "The Software Story"

For the latest blast from the past for Band-in-a-Box, check out the article The Software Story: Band-in-a-Box by Norm Weinberg, as published in the June 1993 issue of Percussive Notes!

Imagine a group of musicians who would rehearse with you whenever you wanted, wouldn't tire of playing the same songs over and over, could play at any tempo you wanted, could learn new tunes in a matter of minutes, and never have any ego problems? Wouldn't this be an ideal musical situation for gaining experience? Band-in-a-Box to the rescue!
-Norm Weinberg

Did you have this older version? Share your story with other program users!

User Post - Save as Video

Earlier this week we shared information on the Save as Video feature within Band-in-a-Box.

Forum user JoanneCooper has just shared her Band-in-a-Box video using this feature! Check out her post here, or click here watch her YouTube video.

#TipTuesday - Band-in-a-Box® for Mac: Use Keystroke "Hot Key" Commands!

Hot Keys are a great way to speed up using a lot of different programs... and that includes Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box has keystroke "hot keys" to mute instruments or to adjust volume, panning, reverb, chorus, or bank of instrument without using the mouse, etc... in fact - there are over 100 Hot Key commands for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

To view them all, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® - Save as a Video!

A feature added with our Band-in-a-Box® 2015 release was the option to Save as Video. This feature is easy to use! When you're ready to save your song within Band-in-a-Box®, choose "Save as Video..." and adjut the settings if you'd like, then choose [OK - Render Video]. Once it's rendered, you can select the [Upload to YouTube], or take a look at your video first when you choose [Show Video File]. You can also choose to open this video file up in a different video program - it's your video file!

What does the video show? The chordsheet within Band-in-a-Box® just as you'd see it when the song is playing - don't worry though, the rendering of the song to video is MUCH FASTER than the duration of the song!

To see this in action, visit THIS LINK for our Support video.

Have you made a video of your song using this feature? Share it to our Forum!

User Tutorial - Band-in-a-Box® and Walking Bass Lines

Forum user edshaw has created some tutorials for Band-in-a-Box® and Walking Bass Lines that he has shared to our Tips and Tricks forum!

The tutorial has been split into three parts:
Part One - Using Band-in-a-Box®
Part Two - Walking Bass Line
Part Three - Demonstration

Thank you edshaw!

If you've created your own tutorials that you'd like to share, feel free to post them to our Tips and Tricks Forum! You can also send an email to marketing@pgmusic.com and we will post and share them here and on Twitter & Facebook!

Band-in-a-Box® Polish Tutorial - Sound Station

Our new Polish Distributor, Sound Station, is thrilled to be adding Band-in-a-Box® to their product line, and look forward to working with the program! They've just started with us, and have already created this Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Polish Tutorial: Video: Band in a Box 2017 TUTORIAL PL

Forum Stats
26416 Members
50 Forums
47540 Topics
387511 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
Fran123, ZenaOfficial, musictalentindia, jugar, flavion

26416 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 142
Janice & Bud 118