Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Mus Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Hi all,

I originally crossgraded to BIAB MegaPAK via 19 DVDs in 2008 and have downloaded the EverythingPAK $99 download each year since, plus various bonusPAKs.

Do I install in that order or is there a link I can get the standard 2017 installation from?

I could coppy my existing BB folder but recently I've been getting messages about missing instruments, so I'm not sure if it might be corrupted.

Cheers!
M

Veteran
Veteran
If you are not moving your installation to a different struggle or folder, I would keep what you currently have, and then go through just re-installing all your bonus packs (generally on DVD) in order from oldest to 2016. If anything is missing from those, the files should be added. You shouldn't need to install each years corresponding EverythingPak for the years prior to 2017. Then install the full 2017 from USB drive, and then install the latest update patches for BIAB, RealBand, and RealTracks/RealDrums. That should get you completely up to date. You should then go into preferences and make sure your Audio and MIDI devices are properly set up, as well as the paths to RTs/EDs. Also make sure you installed the new Sforzando VSTi, so that Super MIDI tracks work properly.

If installing from scratch, I would install the 2008 MegaPak and any bonus 2008 disks. Then install the FULL 2009 EverythingPak along with 2008 Bonus disks. Then install just the bonus disks for 2010 through 2016. Then install the 2017 EverythingPak and its bonus disks (along with Sforzando). Then install the latest patch files for BIAB/RB/RTs/RDs and you should be up to date. Do your preferences tweaking and make music.

Hope that helped.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Mus Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Thanks John.

Perhaps I'll try to fix the folder I have already - is it common for other people to receive messages about missing instruments when loading up Styles?

I don't have 2017 on USB just the download - do you just mean the BIAB program itself?

Should I reinstall the Real Sets just in case some of these are missing?

Best
M

Veteran
Veteran
When I upgraded from 2016 to 2017, I had to tell 17 where my bonus packs were located. Initially, it didn't see them or know they were there. Once I made that connection, it found them nicely without having to do a reinstall of the packs.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Veteran
Veteran
If you want all of 2017, you need to have downloaded all the RTs, etc. Then just install them each in turn, since you don't have the USB drive (which effectively just copies of from the hard drive, rather than extracting from the downloaded install files). Make sure the last thing you do is update to the latest patch.

Hope that made sense.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Mus Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Thanks John

Mus Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Hi guys,

So...I have the machine and been installing Sonar, Komplete, EZDrummer etc. :-)

I have copied my bb folder to the D: Drive and located all of the updates and plus Paks for the last 8 years.

I have a 256Gb SSD drive with OS and programs - what is the best strategy for installing between the C: and D: drives for fastest loading?

I can't really spare 104GB for bb on the C: Drive so what should I do with the main BIAB/RealBand programs and stuff like Blues Pianist, Guitar Chord Dictionary, Latin Pianist, Forte, Sampletank, Amplitude and various 6, 12 and 49 Paks etc.?

Many thanks!

M

PS I forgot to copy the 236mb RealBand folder from my D: Drive...do I need to do that?

Last edited by Mus; 02/26/17 05:11 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
Run the installer and pay attention to the options (usually radio buttons or folder selection screens).

Use the minimal install so BB uses very little of your C: drive.

Then put the RTs and RDs on the D: drive (likely faster than the external drive anyway). And point BB and RB to those D: drive folders during your install.

Ideally you end up installing the executable/license etc on C: along with the PGMusic fonts and such, but should be a small hit to the C: drive.

If you install RB I would take the time/effort to point its RTs and RDs to the same folders on D: and also create a new folder on D: called TempAudio, then in RB Preferences point the TempAudio directory to that new D: drive folder.
This saves drive wear on the OS drive (as well as load) because RB defaults to using a temp storage area on the C: drive for stashing the chunks of data needed for recording, audio edits, undo, etc otherwise.

Better to have that happening on a secondary drive so the program and OS have better access to the C: drive with less interruptions.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Mus Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Thanks rharv.

I looked at the installer and there is no Minimal Install option - BIAB, RB and AmpliTube plus fonts etc. add up to about 1Gb, but maybe that's about right? Not as bad as 104 Gb anyway :-)

Thanks for the TempAudio tip!

M

Veteran
Veteran
Yeah, that's pretty minimal considering RT sizes

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Mus Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
OK thanks, done.

For the moment Preferences won't let me add a custom RealTracks folder but Real Drums was fine. Not sure where the TempAudio setting will be.

Late here in the UK - will attack again tomorrow :-)

M

Mus Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: Mus
OK thanks, done.
For the moment Preferences won't let me add a custom RealTracks folder but Real Drums was fine. Not sure where the TempAudio setting will be.

Well it's the same today...RealTracks Preferences will not allow me to tick the checkbox to change folder (there is no folder icon shown next to it either. Bizarre - as I say changing the RealDrums folder was OK. Have tried running as admin.

And...cannot see where the TempAudio setting is.

Thanks!

M

Last edited by Mus; 02/27/17 10:11 AM.
Veteran
Online Happy
Veteran
OK thanks, done.

Well it's the same today...RealTracks Preferences will not allow me to tick the checkbox to change folder (there is no folder icon shown next to it either. Bizarre - as I say changing the RealDrums folder was OK. Have tried running as admin.

And...cannot see where the TempAudio setting is.

Thanks!

M

you May well be onto something here Mus because my custom realtrack setting behaves in the same way, running 17 latest build. Readrums as in your case is fine.

My realtracks do show though as this custom folder was selected a good while ago probably on 16.

Could well be a bug.

Musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Mus Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: musiclover

you May well be onto something here Mus because my custom realtrack setting behaves in the same way, running 17 latest build. Readrums as in your case is fine.

My realtracks do show though as this custom folder was selected a good while ago probably on 16.

Could well be a bug.

Musiclover

In the install I chose the E: Drive for RealDrums and RealTracks. The RealDrums are there now I have changed the path in BIAB but not the RealTracks.

M

Mus Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
...I can set the correct RealTracks path and TempAudio in RealBand but not in BIAB.

When I open RealBand it tells me my RealTracks are in a different path to BIAB and prompts my to make them both the C: Drive :-(

M

Veteran
Veteran
I think confirmed as a bug.
Should hopefully get fixed fairly quickly.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2017-02-28_17-53-19.jpg (102.9 KB, 65 downloads)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Veteran
Incidentally, RealDrums selection works OK

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2017-02-28_17-56-38.jpg (33.17 KB, 64 downloads)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Mus Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

OK thanks, sent a support request to PG Music. Presumably they will give us some news soon :-)

Last edited by Mus; 02/27/17 10:57 PM.
Mus Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

OK thanks, sent a support request to PG Music. Presumably they will give us some news soon :-)

OK, as per another thread I reverted to Build 458 and changed the RealTracks folder to the E: Drive :-)

Now BIAB cannot find any Real Styles but it can find the RealTracks...? Only 450 or so Midi styles can be used...

Thanks
M

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,489
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195