Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#397470 - 02/24/17 08:01 AM [My Favorite Things] How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
One of my favorite styles to use in BIAB is the blank style because, as name implies, it is completly blank. Because of this, I like to mix a bunch a different Real Tracks together of different styles to create a unique backing track. I did a backing track of Under the Sea where I used the Banjo, ClawHammer, Rhythm Oldtime Ev16 110 with the Bass, Baby, Guarjira Ev 120, Real Drum Salsa Bachata, and some funk horn real Real Tracks durring the chorus. It sounded amazing when I played it at a gig.
music producer/engineer

#397476 - 02/24/17 09:21 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
Will B - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

This is a great tip! I'll definitely pass it on to beginners who are looking for unique ways to start experimenting smile

#397669 - 02/25/17 09:54 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Will B - PG Music]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Will B - PG Music
This is a great tip! I'll definitely pass it on to beginners who are looking for unique ways to start experimenting smile

I'd love to post it on here, if I could.
music producer/engineer

#397673 - 02/25/17 10:03 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Upload it to dropbox (or somewhere) and post a link.
At the top of the Reply box is an icon to help post a link.

I also enjoy the many possible combinations and how they work so well together sometimes.

Attachments
linkey.jpg

#398046 - 02/27/17 11:04 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: rharv]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: rharv
Upload it to dropbox (or somewhere) and post a link.
At the top of the Reply box is an icon to help post a link.

I also enjoy the many possible combinations and how they work so well together sometimes.

Under The Sea

I want to let everyone on here know that is only for demonstration purposes only and I do want to get into any trouble with any one at all.
music producer/engineer

#398054 - 02/27/17 11:31 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Listening to it right now with a big smile on my face. I like it. Do you load your songs to SoundClick, SoundCloud, iTunes or another site where the public can find them and listen to them? This is great!
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#398303 - 02/28/17 05:56 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Jim Fogle]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Listening to it right now with a big smile on my face. I like it. Do you load your songs to SoundClick, SoundCloud, iTunes or another site where the public can find them and listen to them? This is great!

No, I purposefully only make backing tracks with the intention of using them to preform. When I'm ready, I'm going to try to create some orginal songs and then release them on soundcloud and to the BIAB community. Right now, it's all about my gigs.

Edited by Islansoul (02/28/17 05:56 PM)
music producer/engineer

#398304 - 02/28/17 05:57 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Jim Fogle]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle

Jim, I do plan on getting the license to Jamaica Farewell and doing a video cover of it and posting it.
music producer/engineer

#398394 - 03/01/17 02:10 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
What a great way to use the blank style! Thank you for your feedback Islansoul!

#398564 - 03/02/17 04:12 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Hi

Last night I was trying to find the blank style. Where can I find it? I couldn't find it mentioned in help. Thanks.
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#398567 - 03/02/17 04:22 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Try typing Blank in the stylepicker filter box

#398588 - 03/02/17 06:34 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Is there any advantage to starting with a blank style, instead of changing the RealTracks in an existing style?
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#398606 - 03/02/17 11:55 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
lambada Offline
Expert

Thanks Rharv. Hi Matt, Maybe I'm contrary. grin

Edited by lambada (03/03/17 12:19 AM)

#398629 - 03/03/17 07:18 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
No, it's a genuine question. What I want to know has to do with the effects of a style, if any, on RealTracks that are changed. It is my hypothesis that there is no effect.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#398657 - 03/03/17 01:15 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Matt Finley]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Is there any advantage to starting with a blank style, instead of changing the RealTracks in an existing style?

One advantage is that you are not locked into Band in a Box's select best "All" Real Tracks for a style, and I really like to use the generic Real Tracks sometimes. What I am referring to are the tracks that aren't meant to be in a specified genre like the 1118:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Strumming Ev085 for example. For me, I find that fitting in perfectly with the blank style because it doesn't match any pre made genre at all. I could use it in a pop tune, a rock tune, a blues tune, what every I want. So Matt, does that make sense?
music producer/engineer

#398849 - 03/04/17 11:18 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
lambada Offline
Expert

One of the problems I'm finding is that I cannot get rid of midi tracks. They keep regenerating. I think this may be a bug in the 2017? Try removing a RealTrack, then removing a midi instrument which will appear and then erasing the track which says it will remove the midi data. Every time you regenerate the song, the midi track returns and plays along. With the blank track, you don't need to deal with this sort of thing. Sorry, I tried to do a quick video, but my audio screen recording is working atm.

#398853 - 03/05/17 12:00 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
lambada,

This would be better in it's own thread in BIAB (Windows). I anticipate that there will be more responses regarding this as it's probably easily not seen here.

I'll have to do some homework on what you're describing but I always thought that midi tracks are controlled by the Stylemaker and cannot be simply added and subtracted like Realtracks can be. (If I'm correctly understanding your issue.)

Regards,
Noel

#398855 - 03/05/17 12:12 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Noel96]
lambada Offline
Expert

Finally got my audio going. Here's a video. We can make a new topic if I'm not just being super dumb. eek My first half successful attempt at a UserTrack is in the background. laugh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgiU-d69SCw

#398876 - 03/05/17 02:47 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
lambada,

It's as mentioned above.

The 'Erase Track' command that you are using applies to Realtracks and MIDI Supertracks. It does not apply to standard MIDI tracks (as far as I'm aware, at least).

While not all do, some styles that involve Realtracks have underlying pre-Realtrack BIAB styles present. If that's the case, as in the situation you show, the only way to clear that style is to invoke Stylemaker (see the upper image below).

Once within Stylemaker, it's possible to remove all pattern programming for a particular track (see the lower image).

To see how this works...

1. Load in a MIDI-only style that doesn't include MIDI Supertracks.

2. Go into Stylemaker.

3. Save the style with a new name so that the original style is not overwritten (only 8 characters can be used).

4. Erase all the data for one of the BIAB tracks.

5. Save the style using the new name, exit and play.

Hope this helps,
Noel

Attachments
style maker 1 2017.JPG

Description: Accessing Stylemaker

style maker 2 2017.JPG

Description: Deleting all programming for a BIAB track

#398882 - 03/05/17 03:31 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
lambada Offline
Expert

Yes, correct, that fixed it and thanks for that. I should have figured that out myself. I guess what I'm suggesting is that there are all sorts of quirks like this in pre-existing styles that the blank styles don't present.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Review - Software for Learning Saxophone

McGill Music Sax School posted a video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows last year, stating "I love using software to help learn saxophone. One of my favourite programs is Band-in-a-Box. It's a really powerful tool for quickly making backing tracks I can use for lessons, or my own practice."

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=2AgfV7emdLQ

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Forum Stats
28078 Members
57 Forums
54440 Topics
450094 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
boxx.dk, Boto, EustáquioFerr, chuchu2000, Tonklagen

28077 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 174
David Snyder 144