Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#397470 - 02/24/17 08:01 AM [My Favorite Things] How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
One of my favorite styles to use in BIAB is the blank style because, as name implies, it is completly blank. Because of this, I like to mix a bunch a different Real Tracks together of different styles to create a unique backing track. I did a backing track of Under the Sea where I used the Banjo, ClawHammer, Rhythm Oldtime Ev16 110 with the Bass, Baby, Guarjira Ev 120, Real Drum Salsa Bachata, and some funk horn real Real Tracks durring the chorus. It sounded amazing when I played it at a gig.
music producer/engineer

#397476 - 02/24/17 09:21 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
Will B - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

This is a great tip! I'll definitely pass it on to beginners who are looking for unique ways to start experimenting smile

#397669 - 02/25/17 09:54 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Will B - PG Music]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Will B - PG Music
This is a great tip! I'll definitely pass it on to beginners who are looking for unique ways to start experimenting smile

I'd love to post it on here, if I could.
music producer/engineer

#397673 - 02/25/17 10:03 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Upload it to dropbox (or somewhere) and post a link.
At the top of the Reply box is an icon to help post a link.

I also enjoy the many possible combinations and how they work so well together sometimes.

Attachments
linkey.jpg

#398046 - 02/27/17 11:04 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: rharv]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: rharv
Upload it to dropbox (or somewhere) and post a link.
At the top of the Reply box is an icon to help post a link.

I also enjoy the many possible combinations and how they work so well together sometimes.

Under The Sea

I want to let everyone on here know that is only for demonstration purposes only and I do want to get into any trouble with any one at all.
music producer/engineer

#398054 - 02/27/17 11:31 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
Jim Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Listening to it right now with a big smile on my face. I like it. Do you load your songs to SoundClick, SoundCloud, iTunes or another site where the public can find them and listen to them? This is great!
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#398303 - 02/28/17 05:56 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Jim Fogle]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Listening to it right now with a big smile on my face. I like it. Do you load your songs to SoundClick, SoundCloud, iTunes or another site where the public can find them and listen to them? This is great!

No, I purposefully only make backing tracks with the intention of using them to preform. When I'm ready, I'm going to try to create some orginal songs and then release them on soundcloud and to the BIAB community. Right now, it's all about my gigs.

Edited by Islansoul (02/28/17 05:56 PM)
music producer/engineer

#398304 - 02/28/17 05:57 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Jim Fogle]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle

Jim, I do plan on getting the license to Jamaica Farewell and doing a video cover of it and posting it.
music producer/engineer

#398394 - 03/01/17 02:10 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
What a great way to use the blank style! Thank you for your feedback Islansoul!

#398564 - 03/02/17 04:12 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Hi

Last night I was trying to find the blank style. Where can I find it? I couldn't find it mentioned in help. Thanks.
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#398567 - 03/02/17 04:22 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Try typing Blank in the stylepicker filter box

#398588 - 03/02/17 06:34 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Is there any advantage to starting with a blank style, instead of changing the RealTracks in an existing style?
BIAB 2018 PC Audiophile; [& 2017 Mac]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & 6" monitors.

#398606 - 03/02/17 11:55 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
lambada Offline
Expert

Thanks Rharv. Hi Matt, Maybe I'm contrary. grin

Edited by lambada (03/03/17 12:19 AM)

#398629 - 03/03/17 07:18 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

No, it's a genuine question. What I want to know has to do with the effects of a style, if any, on RealTracks that are changed. It is my hypothesis that there is no effect.
BIAB 2018 PC Audiophile; [& 2017 Mac]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & 6" monitors.

#398657 - 03/03/17 01:15 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Matt Finley]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Is there any advantage to starting with a blank style, instead of changing the RealTracks in an existing style?

One advantage is that you are not locked into Band in a Box's select best "All" Real Tracks for a style, and I really like to use the generic Real Tracks sometimes. What I am referring to are the tracks that aren't meant to be in a specified genre like the 1118:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Strumming Ev085 for example. For me, I find that fitting in perfectly with the blank style because it doesn't match any pre made genre at all. I could use it in a pop tune, a rock tune, a blues tune, what every I want. So Matt, does that make sense?
music producer/engineer

#398849 - 03/04/17 11:18 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
lambada Offline
Expert

One of the problems I'm finding is that I cannot get rid of midi tracks. They keep regenerating. I think this may be a bug in the 2017? Try removing a RealTrack, then removing a midi instrument which will appear and then erasing the track which says it will remove the midi data. Every time you regenerate the song, the midi track returns and plays along. With the blank track, you don't need to deal with this sort of thing. Sorry, I tried to do a quick video, but my audio screen recording is working atm.

#398853 - 03/05/17 12:00 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
lambada,

This would be better in it's own thread in BIAB (Windows). I anticipate that there will be more responses regarding this as it's probably easily not seen here.

I'll have to do some homework on what you're describing but I always thought that midi tracks are controlled by the Stylemaker and cannot be simply added and subtracted like Realtracks can be. (If I'm correctly understanding your issue.)

Regards,
Noel

#398855 - 03/05/17 12:12 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Noel96]
lambada Offline
Expert

Finally got my audio going. Here's a video. We can make a new topic if I'm not just being super dumb. eek My first half successful attempt at a UserTrack is in the background. laugh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgiU-d69SCw

#398876 - 03/05/17 02:47 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
lambada,

It's as mentioned above.

The 'Erase Track' command that you are using applies to Realtracks and MIDI Supertracks. It does not apply to standard MIDI tracks (as far as I'm aware, at least).

While not all do, some styles that involve Realtracks have underlying pre-Realtrack BIAB styles present. If that's the case, as in the situation you show, the only way to clear that style is to invoke Stylemaker (see the upper image below).

Once within Stylemaker, it's possible to remove all pattern programming for a particular track (see the lower image).

To see how this works...

1. Load in a MIDI-only style that doesn't include MIDI Supertracks.

2. Go into Stylemaker.

3. Save the style with a new name so that the original style is not overwritten (only 8 characters can be used).

4. Erase all the data for one of the BIAB tracks.

5. Save the style using the new name, exit and play.

Hope this helps,
Noel

Attachments
style maker 1 2017.JPG

Description: Accessing Stylemaker

style maker 2 2017.JPG

Description: Deleting all programming for a BIAB track

#398882 - 03/05/17 03:31 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
lambada Offline
Expert

Yes, correct, that fixed it and thanks for that. I should have figured that out myself. I guess what I'm suggesting is that there are all sorts of quirks like this in pre-existing styles that the blank styles don't present.

#398906 - 03/05/17 07:24 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Noel96]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
There is another method to delete and replace that MIDI track.
1-erase the MIDI track
2-freeze that track - you will be asked if you want to regenerate that track-say no
3-while frozen regenerate (may not be necessary but I do it to make sure the MIDI track is erased
4-while frozen pick a new MIDI/RT instrument if you want
5-while frozen regenerate (may not be necessary but I do it to make sure the MIDI track does not reset to the original voice- I know I'm paranoid.
6-unfreeze track
7-regenerate and the new sound will be there.

If you only want to erase the track stop at #3.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#399021 - 03/06/17 05:25 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Can I please edit my original post? I would like to fix all the typos I made.
music producer/engineer

#399038 - 03/06/17 07:50 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

Posts can't be edited after a certain time, but I edited it for you.

#399039 - 03/06/17 07:57 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

You can disable a track for a song from the track menu for the instrument. (The radio buttons at the top).

You can't disable a track in the stylemaker. I should add that feature, so a style could easily have an instrument removed, without an underlying MIDI instrument playing.

#399047 - 03/06/17 09:00 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Islansoul]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
It's provably a lot of work, but it seems to me that RealStyles should all really be based on the Blank style. That way, there is no underlying MIDI at all.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#399104 - 03/06/17 01:31 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: PeterGannon]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
You can't disable a track in the stylemaker. I should add that feature, so a style could easily have an instrument removed, without an underlying MIDI instrument playing.

Yes, please.

#399121 - 03/06/17 03:52 PM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: Matt Finley]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
I second that Yes.
+1

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#399255 - 03/07/17 10:08 AM [My Favorite Things] Re: How great the Real Tracks Integrate With Each Other [Re: PeterGannon]
Jim Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
You can disable a track for a song from the track menu for the instrument. (The radio buttons at the top).

+1 from me.

Like Islansoul, I use blank styles as the base style from which to create new styles to eliminate the underlying midi that sometimes remains in an existing style.

Matt, moving back to your observation, I have always assumed that underlying midi patterns and pattern weight scales have an affect on RealTracks audio and midi Supertracks pattern selection, but I do not know that as fact. It makes sense as I understand the magic of BiaB but I doubt if we will ever know a definitive answer.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
A Little Bit Of Me Music Video!

A great music video created by forum user Floyd Jane! https://youtu.be/qPrejgnwb4M?t=3600

This song was featured in a detailed "The Birth of a Song" video created by Floyd Jane - watch the complete video here:
http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=qPrejgnwb4M

RealBand 2018 Build 5 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 customers can download the latest free patch update here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_5

Summary of Changes for Build 5
Added: When generating the input file for saving as an MGU/SGU SongMode128= is saved to the input file.
Added: Localization support for 2018.
Added: flyby hints to new dialogs.
Fixed: Save As with a filename greater than 128 chars could cause an error 123 plus access violation.
Fixed: Rebooting RealBand after a filename with 128 chars was saved could cause an access violation.
Fixed: Pressing the Change button in the Event List Window could result in an access violation if an event was not a Note event.
Fixed: When running in Win 10, and using BBW or PT to generate audio harmonies, an error would occur saying that you need BB 2011 or PT 12 to generate audio harmonies.
Fixed: Midi Thru Method was not being saved to the .INI file. It always reverting to Track-Specific when booting up RealBand, even if the user manually changed the setting to Global in the Midi Thru Settings dialog.
Fixed: Delete All Notes on This Peg menu item in notation window right-click menu was missing.
Fixed: Potential crash on exit (having to do with the DLL attempting to free up a dynamic array that was passed to it).

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Build 512 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows customers can download the latest free patch update here: www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#512

Summary of changes for Build 512 since 510 (Feb 15 2018):
Fixed: "Load SoundTrack Song" and "Load song with RealDrums Audio" buttons in the Sound Track dialog were not working.
Fixed: After returning Band-in-a-Box to factory settings the File Open dialog would default to the bb\Data\Lib directory.
Fixed: Choosing a custom chord sheet font would ignore any color choice made in the font selection dialog.
Fixed: Drum names were sometimes truncated in the RealDrums MultiDrums and Quicklist dialogs.
Fixed: Exporting a MIDI file might cause the error, "MIDIConv.exe no found".
Fixed: Mixer changes were not undoable, and would not cause user to be prompted to save their song when exiting.
Fixed: Static in RT2438 and other various RealTracks fixes.
Fixed: StylePicker database various updates. Some styles were displaying the wrong feel (swing/even) in notation. A few styles incorrectly showed missing Drums.
Fixed: The audio latency setting would increase every time leaving the Windows Audio Devices dialog.
Fixed: The Download Manager folder name defaulted to 2016 instead of 2018.
Updated: Help file.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2018 is Here!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2018 is here! PowerTracks Pro Audio 2018 includes many new features and enhancements:

Windows Audio (WASAPI) driver support. This allows for low latency audio recording/playback without requiring ASIO. Note that this supports 1 stereo input plus 1 stereo output at a time. For multiple inputs/outputs, you should continue to use either MME or ASIO.

ABC Notation format support. You can save a track of notation in a popular ASCII text format to import into other programs, or you can paste this format into a user forum as a way of sending the track (usually the melody and chord symbols) to other users without having to attach a file.

The built-in Audio Chord Wizard detection in the Chords window automatically detects the chords of the song, based on the audio data from all non-muted audio tracks. This works similar to the standalone Audio Chord Wizard, except that it uses the current bar lines of the existing song.

Notation Enhancements:
-X/8 time signature support. This is a special method of displaying 6/8, 9/8, or 12/8 time signatures in the Notation window.
-The Duplicate previous chord in notation right-click menu lets you quickly duplicate the previous chord (group of notes on same peg) without having to reenter it.
-Delete highlighted notes in notation right-click menu lets you delete all highlighted notes.
-Delete all notes on this peg in notation right-click menu lets you delete all notes on the nearest peg that was clicked on.
-You can now enter Section Numbers. Previously, you could enter letters (A-Z) only, but now you can also enter numbers (1-9).

...a full list of the new features in PowerTracks Pro Audio 2018 is available at http://www.pgmusic.com/powertracks.features.htm

http://www.pgmusic.com/powertracks.htm

#TBT - The Beginning of Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box®

We released the much-loved Xtra Styles PAKs in August 2016! This release included 164 RealStyles for Jazz, Country, Rock-Pop, and Singer/Songwriter and worked with any Band-in-a-Box® 2016 or higher UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition!

Xtra Styles PAKs were such a hit... we couldn't stop making them! Since their introduction, we've released 3 more PAKs with a total of over 600 Xtra Styles in all!

Want to hear what other program users are doing with their Xtra Styles? Visit our Xtra STyles Contests forum to hear all the songs submitted during previous song contest we've had: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=102&page=1

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs and listen to their demos at http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win.

Band-in-a-Box® Customer Feedback - Feel The Love!

Check out some great feedback we've received on our Facebook account from program users:

"I have been using Band-in-a-Box for years. It is the anchor of my music gigs as well as my fun in my studio. I have used other software but Band-in-a-Box is my main go to."
-Jack T.

"Love Band-in-a-Box. As someone who played professionally for 20 years and retired from live performing years ago, I still love music. Band-in-a-Box allows me to create fun arrangements which I can sing over or play over. There are THOUSANDS of different variations plus you can enter any chords you like and create any chart. It's also great for creating background tracks for videos and audio content for websites, training etc. And like everything else in the world . . . it may not be right for everyone. For those who love music and don't have the time to shed five or six instruments it's way cool."
-Vinnie R.

"This program has completely changed my playing for the good. I can experiment with playing chords and leads over various scenarios that I can quickly create and change. Love this program. I use it nearly every day."
-Dave R.

"I bought my first version in 1994 and have progressed to 2018 version. I use it to create backing tracks for live music performance. I currently have over 2,000 songs performance ready. If you can and type, and use mouse it will work for you."
-Roger M.

"The premiere reason for me for buying this program; it has given me the freedom to fully complete the foundation for my songs without the confinement of limited minded musicians. After the song concept is complete, it can then be presented those musicians to play as a cover song. Also writing a song with a band gives them partial ownership of your idea... not cool... especially since they may have fought your idea every step of the way.. Every member of an organized band should own a copy of this program to compose or to even give legitimate composition alternatives to the original songwriter."
-Paul V.

Thanks everyone!

Support for ABC Notation Format in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

ABC notation is the simple text-based notation system used by musicians worldwide to store chords, melody, and lyrics of songs. Now with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows you can open and save songs in ABC notation format!

To save the song in ABC notation format, press the [Save As] toolbar button and choose Save as ABC notation file from the menu. Once opened, select a track that you want to save and choose your other criteria - The [Copy to clipboard] button will copy the file to the clipboard (that you can then paste it into other programs). The [Save as File] button will let you type a name and select the destination in your hard drive.

Forum Stats
27115 Members
49 Forums
50271 Topics
412569 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
MissySchmit, bnytly, ErienSyl, dwmjc0675, ferzaz

27114 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 274
Matt Finley 268