H
Hugh2 Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
H
Hi All
Looking for help
When I export a realtrack from Realband to Reaper(im trying it out for the first time)the track sounds considerably worse flangey or wah wah(sounds like its had a hard night)
I understand from a previous post a while back that it could be something to do with EQ and that realtracks have added reverb built in.
The track is close to bpm of song and plays well in audacity.
Ive looked at preferences in Realband and their seems to be no effects turned on in Reaper either.
Any advice welcome
Thanks Hugh

Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Veteran
Veteran
Bit Rate mismatch?
Maybe try setting Reaper to 16/44 before importing.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
H
Hugh2 Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
H
Hi Rharv,
I just had a look and its set at 16/44 maybe il put it up to 32 and see what happens.Its a good bit off for some reason as in unusable.I'l mess around with bit rate and see what happens but it must be a Reaper setting im thinking thanks Hugh

H
Hugh2 Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
H
Hi
So i imported an mp3 and into Reaper and it had heavy reverb and flange so its not the Realtracks its everything so it must be a Reaper setting im guessing,Il find it its just a matter of time ,i hope
Yours Hugh

Veteran
Veteran
Hugh,

I have used Reaper for a number of years now. It's excellent software. It sounds like you might have saved the audio file with acidized information and that Reaper's tempo is set differently from RB's tempo.

To test this theory.... under "Project Settings" in Reaper, set the project's tempo (BPM) and Time Signature to be exactly the same as tempo in Realband. To do this, follow the 1, 2, 3, 4 on the below image.

Does this help?

Regards,
Noel

P.S. If you click on the 'Audios on Soundcloud' link in my signature you can hear some of my songs. All these have audio tracks sent from both Realband and BIAB to Reaper.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Project settings 1.JPG (48.2 KB, 54 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
H
Hugh2 Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
H
Hi Noel
Thanks for that I checked it and that was ok but I Kept going and found out that it was under Options/Preferences/Audio Device Settings/Audio System and I changed the setting on that and the sound was the same as Realband etc
I am watching those Groove 3 videos about Reaper and am looking forward to doing a project I have.Im impressed Reaper I have to say ,
Thanks Again Guys
Hugh

Veteran
Veteran
Hugh,

I'm glad to hear it's sorted. Out curiosity, and for future reference, when you say...

Quote:
Thanks for that I checked it and that was ok but I Kept going and found out that it was under Options/Preferences/Audio Device Settings/Audio System and I changed the setting on that

...what specific setting did you change it to? ASIO?

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
H
Hugh2 Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
H
Hi Noel
I went back over my steps just to see what I did differently,
So I have it now installed directly on my laptop and on my external harddrive.Originally I put it on the laptop and it wasnt working correctly and then I installed on my Exteral hardrive .The difference seems to be that when I installed on my External HD it gave me the option regarding the Audio Device Settings which the Laptop installation did not.
I have since re installed on my Laptop and it still didnt give me the option to set my Audio Device and still isnt working correctly.
However thats not conclusive because when I look at both settings on both intallations they are the same!
Im going to now install on my Laptop unchecking some of the component funcions
Yours Hugh

H
Hugh2 Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
H
Hi Noel
Just unchecked function components on installation and made no difference.Somehow the sound is going through a different route when installed on the Laptop and it has to be the Audio Devices Setup in some way.
If it were easy their would be no reward!
Hugh

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi Hugh

Besides the settings issues, did you take each track to reaper individually?
When i started with BIAB, I took the long way round and mixed everything down to .wav and imported the entire file to reaper with very disappointing results.

Since then I copy the tracks individually and import the tracks to reaper which allows for individual track FX settings and EQ

Since the I am a happy camper

H
Hugh2 Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
H
Hi Wobbly

I had a just dragged them across individually from the drop zone in Realband and then I noticed that you can drag them across straight.I took any effects I had on the tracks in Realband off them before dragging.I think you right you need to able to use the Reaper effects.
I beginning to like Reaper now that im meddling around with it,
Yours Hugh

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199