JimFogle Offline
Expert

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#193889 - 02/09/13 08:29 PM Re: Chord Builder Questions [Re: JimFogle]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George, N...
1. Yes, just change the patch on the piano instrument button from piano to guitar.

2 & 3. I have a web-based program with a piano keyboard that will do what you ask. I know there are ones for guitar, and you should be able to find some by Googling 'guitar chord finder' or some such.

#193890 - 02/09/13 09:36 PM Re: Chord Builder Questions [Re: Matt Finley]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Jim,

I'm not a guitar player so I cannot help but I just wanted to let you know that you'll get more responses to your questions if you post them under the "BIAB Windows" forum found at the below link.

...link to BIAB forum

This particular forum is where people share discoveries they've made using BIAB/RB and it is not as popular as the BIAB/Windows forum.

All the best,
Noel

#193891 - 02/10/13 05:58 PM Re: Chord Builder Questions [Re: Noel96]
JimFogle Offline
Expert

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Matt and Noel:

Matt thank you for answering my questions.

Noel thanks for pointing out the question is posted incorrectly. I posted twice with a PG Music technical support kudo first and the questions second. I thought I switched forums but obviously I didn't. My mistake.

Edited by JimFogle (02/10/13 06:08 PM)
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin Mode

With Band-in-a-Box's Drag-and-Drop Plugin Mode you can drag-and-drop MIDI and audio (WAV) tracks from Band-in-a-Box to your favorite sequencer. Work in your favorite sequencer, type a progression in Band-in-a-Box, and then simply drag the track from Band-in-a-Box to your sequencer’s track at the desired track and bar location!

We've created a short support video... watch it here.

#TBT - Band-in-a-Box Japanese 7.0 for Mac

Look at what we came across in the Marketing Office - Band-in-a-Box 7.0 Japanese for Mac!
This version was available in 1997!

Click here to see the retail box.

Did you know we have a very active Forum on our website?

You can post your original songs, share videos, post some Band-in-a-Box tips, ask questions about the program, make program suggestions in the Wishlist section, and even share some jokes and other stories in the Off-Topic forum.

Our Forum is packed with some AMAZING people - check it out!
www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

Video - The Chord Builder in Band-in-a-Box

The Chord Builder feature allows you to hear and build chords up by clicking on the root, extension and alternate slash root if applicable - and it's a great way to test out chords to input into your song!

Watch the video: youtu.be/uRWIz6dSh88

Wondering what chords are recognized by Band-in-a-Box? Find out here: www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_chordlist.htm

We'd Still LOVE to See Your Video Testimonial!

In June we announced that we'd started a new Video Testimonials Page and that we are seeking Video Testimonials from Band-in-a-Box users like YOU.
If you’re video is selected, we'll send you a Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK!

Want some inspiration? Visit our Video Testimonials page at www.pgmusic.com/video.testimonials.htm to see the videos already submitted.

For information on how to create your video testimonial, click here.

Video - The Soloist & Melodist Sequencer in Band-in-a-Box

Ever notice that little green Sequencer button in Band-in-a-Box? This powerful little button allows you control each channel on the Melody or Soloist track in Band-in-a-Box. For example, you might want a single instrument out of a MIDI file you import into Band-in-a-Box, so the Melody Sequencer allows you to rechannel, or delete specific channels.

Watch this video to see how this feature works: https://youtu.be/OejFpi4TjIQ

Video - Generate a Guitar Chord Solo Automatically with Band-in-a-Box!

Band-in-a-Box has a "Chord Solo" button that launches the built-in feature where Band-in-a-Box will generate a Guitar Chord Solo!

This feature allows you to generate a guitar chord solo for any melody. The program will arrange the melody to a guitar chord solo by inserting real guitar voicings throughout the piece. You can select from among many "guitarists" in order to create your arrangement. You can also define your own guitarists; choosing parameters such as strum speed, types of voicings (Pop/Jazz), embellishments, and much more!

Watch the video to learn more: youtu.be/qxOHUCZkoMU

Forum Stats
23502 Members
38 Forums
35250 Topics
281418 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
baumans1965, tenguid, Lonely Cat Dad, Ecomarco, Kees

23501 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Guitarhacker 102