You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#400015 - 03/11/17 09:33 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] stylemaker and realtracks
fiddler2007 Offline
Expert

How can you edit a realstyle, in my case (see picture below) _WORKIN1.STY, and direct an Realttrack patch to the Strings track? Not in the stylemaker? - Thnx F

Attachments
BIAB stylemaker example.jpg

#400030 - 03/11/17 11:14 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: stylemaker and realtracks [Re: fiddler2007]
John-Luke Offline
Expert

Loc: France
As general rule, a Realtrack is NOT editable because it is an audio recording of a real music performer.

In the Stylemaker, you can edit a MIDI style.
Could you elaborate what you intend to do with this style ?

#400037 - 03/11/17 11:59 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: stylemaker and realtracks [Re: fiddler2007]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
My understanding is that the StyleMaker is a MIDI related function, not RealTrack related function.
You can however use the StyleMaker with RealDrums (e.g. using Drum Loops).

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#400117 - 03/12/17 12:16 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: stylemaker and realtracks [Re: John-Luke]
fiddler2007 Offline
Expert

Hi John-Luke.
I wanted to add a rea1track Pedal Steel backing to the empty strings track of _workin1.sty (above it's not empty but is was originally), and rename it to _workin2.sty. As you see the other tracks in this style contain realtracks already. So i tried to find a way of editing it in to the empty one. - regs, F

#400134 - 03/12/17 05:45 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: stylemaker and realtracks [Re: fiddler2007]
John-Luke Offline
Expert

OK, you can do what you have described.

Load _WORKIN1.STY
Open the StyleMaker/Edit current style
click on Misc
click on More
Line Assign Soloist or Realtrack to style : select 'String'
Line Soloist or RT to use : select the PedalSteel RT you want.

Close all opened windows
Finally save the style as _WORKIN2.STY

#400164 - 03/12/17 08:26 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: stylemaker and realtracks [Re: fiddler2007]
fiddler2007 Offline
Expert

It works, thanks ! Now i have a small issue with BIAB i cannot figure out as well. In the "song".SGU file the volume of the strings track is way too low, although i've set the mixer volume to 127 on this track. (also increased the volume from 90 to 110 in the Style maker's "MISC" page you described above, no real difference ...) . Is there any other place where one can set trackvolumes other than in the mixer? F

#400189 - 03/12/17 10:40 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: stylemaker and realtracks [Re: fiddler2007]
John-Luke Offline
Expert

What PedalSteel RT have you chosen in order I do the test ?

#400332 - 03/13/17 12:05 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: stylemaker and realtracks [Re: John-Luke]
fiddler2007 Offline
Expert

sorry, was offline for a while ... RT 2541, BTW it was the same with others .... F

#400398 - 03/13/17 10:05 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: stylemaker and realtracks [Re: fiddler2007]
John-Luke Offline
Expert

OK, you can adjust the level of the PedalSteel RT in the Stylemaker :

See the attached view. You may test several values before finding the good one. In my example, I set it to +6 (dB).

Attachments
a.png

#400413 - 03/13/17 11:13 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: stylemaker and realtracks [Re: John-Luke]
fiddler2007 Offline
Expert

thanks, wopped the thang 12 dB up and now it fits the rest .... F

PG Music News
National One-Hit Wonder Day!

Today is NATIONAL ONE-HIT WONDER DAY!

Have you ever created a "one-hit wonder" (that you'll admit to)? Post it to this thread - we'd love to hear it!

Complete RealBand 2018 Users Guide - Interactive Online Version Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page, and you'll find our latest addition - the online manual for the RealBand 2018 for Windows User's Guide!

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/rb2018full/index.htm

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this User's Guide can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video - Endorsing Artist Steve Wallace

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video from endorsing artist Steve Wallace!
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=6QcPF5cQjKw

"With the vast array of RealTracks and styles offered, Band-in-a-Box is a phenomenal program that can help any musician and composer hone their skills."
-Steve Wallace

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Forum Stats
27994 Members
57 Forums
54099 Topics
446311 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
nitz, smokinhalfnote, snenamor, yes daddy music, grivers

27993 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 499
David Snyder 181