Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hello, everybody

Our forum member, LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage") gave me a lyric on my Instrumental Latin tune “Coffee Talk”.
So, I sent him the Karaoke of it, and he sent me back the vocal track of it.
I completed the song as a vocal version today.
It's the first time for me the collaboration with any member of the Band-in-a-Box "Users Forum".
Now please enjoy his vocal with coffee, Scotch, or your favorite cocktail if you like.
Comments encouraged.
Have at it.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Link:
https://soundcloud.com/animarorecords/coffee-talk-vocal-version

Style is J!LUSH2.STY (MIDI)
Instrumental details as the link below.
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=396376#Post396376

Vocal & Lyrics by LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

Verse 1

The morning sunlight clears the mist
And like the memory of a kiss
The dream I had of you persists
Bright as the bracelet on your wrist

Verse 2

I lie alone upon our bed
The scent of you around my head
And at the door I hear you knock-ing
You serve coffee, and we talk…

Chorus

And, oh, the thoughts, and feelings
You share, are so appealing
Time flies by, and soon I’ll have to go
But not before I say I love you so!

Verse 3

Forgive me, but I must complain
A day away from you brings pain
Beyond my desk the windowpane
Is blurred by tears of gentle rain

Verse 4

The hours pass so slowly, dear
That I can’t wait to have you near
When I come home, the door’s unlock-ing
Then we sip coffee, while we talk…

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent

What a marvelous delivery of a sensational Latin contribution.

This is very well done.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well, this is a great collaboration. Very lounging and easy-going.
Nice vocals too!

Rob

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Shigeki & Loren,
Very smooth! This is a really enjoyable collaboration - Loren`s lyrics and vocal work beautifully with the music. Now its a complete, seductive movie scene.

Robert

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Hello, "VideoTrack"...

Your comments on Shigeki Adachi's "Coffee Talk" are very encouraging.

This is my first collaboration with a User's Forum member. I was nervous about attempting to sing, but Mr. Adachi's music was so gorgeous, and his "coaching" was so comforting, that I ended up giving the best effort I could muster.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to our work!

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Shigeki & Loren

Beautifully done - a superb take on a classic sound and a wonderful collaboration.

Peter

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Dear Mr. Meulman and Ms. Bovenkamp...

Having what amounts to an "international" audience for Shigeki Adachi's instrumental piece, "Coffee Talk", is as humbling, and as gratifying, as your approving comments!

My sincerest thanks to you for lending your ears to the result of our collaboration.

Respectfully,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Hello, "Robertkc"...

The "smoothness" you heard in Mr. Adachi's luxurious orchestration of "Coffee Talk" was what inspired me. It was also responsible for whatever pleasure you experienced listening to the vocal performance of the lyrics.

The (borrowed) quotation that appears with my "signature" on the User's Forum reads, "Music is what feelings sound like".

If only you knew how incredibly lucky I feel to have encountered a musical composition that allowed me to experience the simple truth of that statement on the occasion of our first collaboration!

My heartfelt thanks to you for giving us an audience.

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
'ello, "PeterF"!

Yes, sir, a "classic sound" it is, indeed. I've unofficially "crowned" Mr. Adachi as the "21st-century Mantovani" because of his compositional and orchestrational fidelity to that lush and sweetly nostalgic sound!

And, yes, it was a delightfully "wonderful collaboration" because of Mr. Adachi's professionalism, his reassuring guidance, his utterly unassuming personal manner, and also the exemplary etiquette he practiced as we communicated with each other via e-mail during our creative sessions.

Your kind comments on "Coffee Talk" are a testimonial to everything I appreciate about working with him!

Thank you, "PeterF"!

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

Last edited by bluage; 03/12/17 08:41 PM.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Loren and Shigeki.
Classic music and classic vocal.
Deserves to be a standard. Cheers.

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Breathtaking. A great collaboration that's gifted the forum with such an authentic rendition. RichMac got it right, this is an instant classic. I enjoyed this from start to finish and Loren did a good job on the lyrics and vocals to match up with the top notch professional music track. This is a winner.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Howdy, "RichMac"...

If Shigeki had composed "Coffee Talk" during the heyday of "easy listening" music, meaning the 50's through the 60's, it may very well have become a standard!

The accuracy with which he reproduced the sound and style of the genre makes it easy for me to imagine that he hitched a ride back to that era in a time machine, studied with the "greats", and then rode his time machine back to the present to share with us what he learned. smile

Based on my reading, the genre is making a comeback, everywhere. Here in Washington State, on Saturday nights beginning at 6:00 p.m., a radio show entitled, "The Retro Cocktail Hour" plays easy listening, Space Age Pop, and "exotica" music from "back in the day".

And, according to the information posted on station's website, the program is also available at Radio New Zealand on Sundays at 11:04 p.m.

I am pleased, that you were pleased by what you heard when you gave "Coffee Talk" a shot! Thank you for your enthusiatic response.

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
"Charlie Fogle"...

Somethings tells me that for you, "easy listening" music was, and still is, a part of your musical life!

I agree with you whole-heartedly that "Coffee Talk" is an authentic re-creation of a form of radio-broadcasted musical entertainment that peaked in popularity during the 70's, nearly fifty years ago.

Sheesh! I can't believe I'm old enough to remember it, but I am, I do, and with deeply nostalgic pleasure.

And that's why I was instantly and actively inspired by Shigecki's composition -- he brought me right back to where my memories of the music began...

Thank you, "Charlie Fogle", for your spirited response to listening to "Coffee Talk"!

Most sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hello, Trevor, Rob & Anne-Marie, Robert, Peter, RichMac and Charlie

Thank you very much for taking the time to listen and comment.
I much appreciate your kind comments and your continuous supports.
I am very glad you all like this tune though it is old-fashioned.
I love to write songs of various genres.
However, to tell the truth, I do not know which one will work well.
I am very happy I encountered someone who happened to like my work in this forum and I was able to introduce the collaboration with Loren to everyone.

Thank you again to all.
I would like to continue to post songs.
Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
As mentioned "instant classic" and it has the feel to us of a 60's movie a la James Bond opening track, etc.

Most excellent guys!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Loren and Shigeki Adachi,

This is a delight. The lyric fits the music - a good stylistic write. I could imagine Fred Astaire or Danny Kay singing this in one of their romantic movies. Loren - your vocal is outstanding. (And, of course, the music was spectacular). Good mix.

Wonderful collaboration!

floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Shigeki & Loren,

What a beautiful Latin Film Music track. Made us wait for Bogart and Bergman to make their appearance. Beautifully done!

ALan & DI

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Shigeki & Loren,
Very smooth! This is a really enjoyable collaboration - Loren`s lyrics and vocal work beautifully with the music. Now its a complete, seductive movie scene.

Robert

I agree!! Romantic and cinematic!! The lyrics and style really bring back the feeling of the classic composer/lyricist teams. I think people still really love this traditional stuff. La La Land had the same kind of classic feel. Outstanding!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Shigeki-Loren, What a beautiful work of art you have created!! The sound here is top level. The production is great and musicianship is on display! The vocal is perfect as far as I'm concerned. Very good!! Thanks, Torrey.

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Hello, Ms. Janice and Bud...

The 60's it is.

It's also proof of the fact that the "past", is really never past...It's always competing with the present for attention.

And, as prolific as you two are, I'm flattered that you took the time to listen to "Coffee Talk".

Thank you for letting me and Mr. Adachi know what your ears were thinking smile !!

Sincerely,

LOREN

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,493
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195