Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RealBand
Beagle Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
In the Real Drums section, there's a button to press to allow it to "rebuild" the database, but there's not a "rebuild" button in the Real Instrumements box.

I downloaded Real Instruments Rock/Pop Pack #1 and installed it in the same directory as the real instruments I have in the directory from before, but I can't get RB to "see" the new downloaded instruments.

I'm using RB 2008.5 v4

RealBand
R
Expert
Expert
R
It may be you need 2009. Whenever I add a RT, RB recognizes it immediately. Is everything pointing to the right place? RT folder, etc.

R

RealBand
Beagle Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
No, I was specifically told that I don't have to have 2009 for these real paks to work with my version.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Put a check in the box in the RT list bottom left " show RealTracks that are N/a . this will force the rebuild.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
RealBand
Beagle Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Ah! Great, thanks! I'll try that tonite.

RealBand
Beagle Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
That didn't seem to work. anyone else know what to do?

RealBand
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

I downloaded Real Instruments Rock/Pop Pack #1 and installed it in the same directory as the real instruments I have in the directory from before, but I can't get RB to "see" the new downloaded instruments.

I'm using RB 2008.5 v4

Do you also have BIAB installed?

If so, are you using the BIAB Realtracks folder for installation and storage of the base RealTracks?

Try opening BIAB first and see if you can get it to recognize the newly installed RealTracks. Look for the "Settings" button near top center of the RealTracks picker window in BB, from there find the Update button.

Don't know what to do if you aren't running BIAB, can't find anything in the RealBand proggie either, a puzzlement at the moment.

--Mac

RealBand
Beagle Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Yes, I have BIAB 2008.5 installed (build 256? I think? - I could be wrong about that I'll have to double check it when I get home).

I put all of my real tracks and real drums on a separate drive from the program. they are located here: e:\bb\RealTracks and e:\bb\Drums

this is the same location that the original 2008.5 BIAB and RB were installed into and that's where the other real tracks and real drums exist.

yes, I tried opening BIAB first and I even tried "fooling" BIAB by changing the directories of where BIAB looks for the real tracks and real drums, then changing it back and clicking update each time. no go.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Make sure when you installed the new RealTracks you didn't inadvertently end up one folder level lower. In other words, look to make sure you don't have e:\bb\RealTracks\RealTracks or e:\bb\Drums\Drums.

When you do the installation (if I remember correctly), you tell the installer to put the RealTracks into e:\bb (and it will either create the RealTracks folder or use the one already there); likewise for RealDrums specify e:\bb (and it will also either create the Drums folder or use the one already there). What gets confusing is that in the program (BB and RB), you actually tell it the final destination (e:\bb\RealTracks and e:\bb\Drums). If you inadvertently specified e:\bb\RealTracks or e:\bb\Drums when you did the installation though, the files would get installed one folder too low.

Probably not your problem, but definitely worth a check.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
RealBand
Beagle Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi John,
nope, that's not the problem. all of the real tracks are in the e:\bb\RealTracks folder. during the installation it was all done at e:\bb AND I checked the folder after installation and they are in the right place with the other real tracks.

thanks for your suggestion, tho.

RealBand
Beagle Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I emailed tech support and they responded with this:

Quote:

If you select the RealTracks picker icon and bring up the real picker
window. Select the settings button and in the following dialog box that
appears select in the Custom RealTracks part of the window "update" this
will rebuild your RealTracks list just as you did for the RealDrums.

Thank You,
Rob
PG Music Inc.

but that didn't work. it didn't rebuild the database - or at least the list STILL has fewer items in it than the folder does.

Any other suggestions?

NOTE: I did email him back and tell him that didn't work, but he hasn't had time to respond yet. I'm just hoping that someone will be able to help with this ASAP and maybe someone in the forum knows how to deal with it as well.

Last edited by Beagle; 10/22/09 06:10 AM.
RealBand
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

or at least the list STILL has fewer items in it than the folder does.

Don't miss the fact that there will be files in the RealTracks folder that duplicate only one RealTrack given on the list inside the program. Typically there are at least three files for each single RealTrack, one at target key and one each a half step up and a half step down from that so that the RealTrack generator can handle key changes using pitch shift algos.

Then there are the txt files that go along with each RealTrack, don't count those either.

Don't know, but maybe that's what you are dealing with.

Inside BIAB, you can go to Help -> What Addons do I Have? and check it out there for a complete listing of what you "have" and what you don't have...

--Mac

RealBand
Beagle Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
If it is then I've paid for extra real tracks that I already had and didn't need. I have no more extra real tracks available in my real tracks picker window than I did before the purchase and download.

There are over 120 subfolders in my e:\bb\realtracks folder, but there are only ~80 available real tracks in the real tracks picker.

so I've not even counted the individual wma files inside those folders, if there is at least one wma file in each folder, then I'm shortchanged on my realtracks picker.

as a specific example, I can see a folder here: e:\bb\realtracks\GUITAR, ELECTRIC, RHYTHM, STONEZ FLASH 1 EV 120
but there are NO electric guitars with "STONEZ" in my realtrack picker.

as for "what add-ons do I have" I did that and it does not list my newly installed realtracks.

RealBand
Expert
Expert
I'm using RB 2008.5 v4

Why not move up to BIAB WITH RB FOR 2009.5 VERSION, plus download realtracks 1-66 again and again....for good measure!

Then....hopefully, if you follow directions on the new 2009 installs and put stuff in the proper drive, everything will fall into place nicely...and all your problems will disappear!

I've got the latest BIAB/RB software all over the place...on my C, my E, and my F (80 gig and 160 gig usb externals)...my Toshiba Qosmio, and for good measure, yesterday I dropped many of the the new real track jazz styles/samples into a 2-gig spot in my Nokia phone.

I've got so many "Real" files and folders installed on my desktops, laptop, external drives and phone, that my Sonar, Soundforge and Acid act like illegitimate cousins....Let's "all get looped" with the latest version upgrades to everything...to keep us broke, but happy!

Yamaha...Motif ES-8, Motif Rack, CS6X
Korg...Karma,Triton Classic, PA-80, M-1+
AkaiSampler-S5000, Roland.. X5080 Rack/G-1000 Arranger
Various Guitars/Basses Amps Pedals Rec.Equip.

Plus, BIAB 2015 and Sonar Platinum 2015 Upgrade from Cakewalk's Sonar X-3
RealBand
Beagle Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
well, I'll be glad to upgrade to 2009.5 if you are volunteering to pay for the upgrade!

I don't have the money to upgrade to 2009.5 and I was assured that I could use the new real tracks in my 2008.5 version which I should be able to do, so throwing more money at it is not the solution.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
RTs picker icon? Were is that?

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Beagle Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I don't know either. i couldn't find a "RT picker icon." I assumed he was talking about the Real Track assign track window which I told him in my reply that I couldn't find an icon like that and I was making my "changes" based on the assumption he was talking about the RT window. If he says there is an "RT picker icon" in his reply, I'll let you know.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
You meant in BIAB

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Beagle Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
yes, sorry, in BIAB.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Open BIAB and hit the saxaphone icon that brings up the RT picker were you'll do the rebuild.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,549
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199