Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P

Lenovo YOGA 900 Window s 10 Home 64bit 16GB RAM\2018 13” MacBook Air casio wk7500 presonus audiobox i2 usb interface
casio wk-7500
biab & realband 2023 everything pk both with Current builds
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Many thanks for posting this Mike as it helps in my decision to purchase a new computer (as covered in another post today).

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Interesting article. There's always more than one way to achieve a desired result, eh?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Not surprising at all and I still don't understand why so many people have this weird aversion to Win 10. I've read all the different "reasons" and without completely repeating myself yet again, whatever those reasons are they are easily overcome.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I'm a bit bummed that one of our computers that was supposed to d/l windows 10 during the free period, never did. frown

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I don't know that I would call this "blocking", even though the article did. If the updates don't apply to your hardware and can't be installed, why would you want to try and install them? I don't know if that's really "blocking" anything. That's kind of like Auto Zone letting you know that the $9.99 muffler doesn't fit your car before you bother driving 60 miles into town to buy one. Since Auto Zone has no way to know what kind of car YOU have, they have to run the ad for everybody to see it and list what cars it fits, or if you tried to buy online, run some kind of disqualifying routine when you enter your make, model and year. This is kind of the same thing with updates.

But whatever. I am actually glad that I won't be downloading updates and trying to install them only to find out that they don't apply to my hardware. With 6 computers of different ages, spanning 6 years, there can't be an update schema for this one and another for that one and yet another for the others. I still have 2 that can't run Windows 10. Since they are just file servers they can stay on 7 forever.

Last edited by eddie1261; 03/21/17 01:55 PM.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
I'm a bit bummed that one of our computers that was supposed to d/l windows 10 during the free period, never did. frown

you may have already tried theses methods
how to still get win 10 upgrade free

Lenovo YOGA 900 Window s 10 Home 64bit 16GB RAM\2018 13” MacBook Air casio wk7500 presonus audiobox i2 usb interface
casio wk-7500
biab & realband 2023 everything pk both with Current builds
Off-Topic
B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
You will likely always be able to get the updates for these older legacy operating systems. It's just that, as I understand this, Microsoft won't be pushing them automatically, you may have to do it manually.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: pghboemike
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn

you may have already tried theses methods
how to still get win 10 upgrade free

AWESOME! I will have to give this a try. Thank you VERY much for the heads up! smile

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Not surprising at all and I still don't understand why so many people have this weird aversion to Win 10. I've read all the different "reasons" and without completely repeating myself yet again, whatever those reasons are they are easily overcome.

Bob

Can't figure it out, Bob? Let me 'splain it to you. I have SO FAR spent $450 on perfectly good audio/MIDI interfaces which have been rendered obsolete by Microsoft. If you tell me how that can be "easily overcome," I will be eternally grateful. Right now I have a PreSonus AudioBox USB which runs nicely on my two Win 7 machines.

I am not looking forward to the next transition. Trudy's Win 10 PC has locked me out of making changes to, or adding, any software not already installed. An hour-long chat session has only gotten me as far as downloading a file which will theoretically let me make an ISO disk so I can override the inbuilt password I wasn't given. It SHOULD have downloaded a working file to my thumb drive, but Microsoft didn't recognize it. So once I make the DVD, assuming I get that far, I'll be chatting with Support again SO I CAN USE MY OWN [*****] COMPUTER.

This is besides their neat trick of moving, renaming, or deleting almost anything familiar to me from version 7.

I have never liked Microsoft. I DESPISE Windows 10.

Hope that clears things up for you.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ryszard
So once I make the DVD, assuming I get that far, I'll be chatting with Support again SO I CAN USE MY OWN [*****] COMPUTER.

This is besides their neat trick of moving, renaming, or deleting almost anything familiar to me from version 7.

Richard, I sense and understand your frustration.

I have owned and use just about every Windows version available, including from basic to Windows Server Editions.

I want to use my computers when I want to use them, not when Microsoft decide I cannot use it because they decide to upgrade and simply cop out by giving a message "Do not turn off your computer"

More than once I've waited hours because Microsoft had to upgrade one of my Windows 10 systems and there was nothing I could do about it. It's virtually impossible to stop Microsoft from updating the Windows 10 O/S

I feel your pain, however, maybe we just learn have to live this this.

Trev

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

The latest builds of Windows 10 run fine, and I would vent my anger at the people who make hardware that choose to not write new drivers. I am dealing with a similar thing with Pro Tools and Focusrite. The Focusrite Windows 10 driver does not work with Pro Tools. That isn't Microsoft's fault. They can't write an OS to fit every piece of 15 year old hardware out there. I am not a huge fan of Microsoft either, but it is my choice to run Windows computers rather than invest in the higher priced Mac options. And that is not because of the OS. That is because I would then have to buy a new version of Office, Pro Tools, BIAB, etc...

Remember that when Microsoft disowns a version of Windows, it just means that they will no longer update it. It doesn't mean that they send some kind of magic kill switch to make your OS stop working. And by the time the OS reaches end of life, any minor exploits that were found over the 10 or so years have been patched, so other than people who want to latest and greatest for some reason, stay with what works for you. As long as you don't buy any Windows 10 specific stuff you will continue to function as always. The other side of that logic is that when you buy a new computer it will have the latest OS with no option to back rev it.

I currently share your space because the computer in my studio, that with the memory upgrade is currently clocking in at $1350, is worthless to me as far as Pro Tools (which was $600) goes. But eventually I will get that worked out. For now I am working (when I work) in BIAB and saving tracks to be completed in Pro Tools when I get this mess resolved.

Just my opinion but you get way too angry about stuff like this. I'd hate to be around when the computer chip that runs your car explodes and you go off on GM for making an engine that is computer controlled. Because, after all, is music how you make your living? Are there CD sales on the table that are in jeopardy? The new wing on the house depend on your latest CD? We are 95% hobby level songwriters here.

Breathe.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
I am dealing with a similar thing with Pro Tools and Focusrite. The Focusrite Windows 10 driver does not work with Pro Tools.

Sorry to hear that Eddie. My combination of those same things seem to work here although I occasionally have to restart my 18i20 interface when Pro Tools 12.7 gets finicky. My issues are more that I like to record and mix at 96 KHz instead of 44.1. If you would like me to share some of my tips on getting these to get along, message me.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Can't figure it out, Bob? Let me 'splain it to you. I have SO FAR spent $450 on perfectly good audio/MIDI interfaces which have been rendered obsolete by Microsoft. If you tell me how that can be "easily overcome," I will be eternally grateful. Right now I have a PreSonus AudioBox USB which runs nicely on my two Win 7 machines.

......................I have never liked Microsoft. I DESPISE Windows 10.

I hear you. When I upgraded from XP to Win 7 I lost about $500 in peripherals that did not have drivers for Win 7. I told myself that would never happen again. I didn't upgrade to Win 10 until all of my new peripherals had drivers for it.

I then adjusted my music computer to never upgrade. That is not a problem because that computer is only online when I upgrade certain software. But before I go online I make an image of my C:/ drive so if something goes wrong I can return to a working computer.

The latest Win 10 upgrade took out one of my wife's favorite games. She is not a happy camper and since I have to keep things running for her I am not a happy camper. If MS keeps making programs outdated via upgrades I believe there will be a run to Linux. YMMV

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
if you folks liked the Anniversary update (it caused more than a few headaches for Home users, as well as PRO who did the update) be forewarned in a few weeks the lastest major update Windows (10) Creators is coming.

If you are Home user you'll get it when they push it (or if you are a adventurer you can download now or very soon)

If you are a Win 10 Pro user, I am using pro everywhere (2 laptops and a third boot drive on desktop) it can be delayed (until bugs are fixed or 4 months) ANOTHER reason to get Pro and also to DISCONNECT from cesspool internet when you are doing WORK and do not want to be forceably interrupted

http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-temporarily-delay-the-creators-update/

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/781315/Windows-10-creators-update-automatic-updates-Microsoft-release-date

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/782107/Windows-10-Creators-Update-Microsoft-new-build

I don't HATE MS but this latest fluff OS could have used a business, nose to the grind stone, technical worker version - that kept the security inserts and got rid of the fluff, touch screen driven, pretty pictures, Cortana, MS store, X-box crap it's filled with

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
if you folks liked the Anniversary update (it caused more than a few headaches for Home users, as well as PRO who did the update) be forewarned in a few weeks the lastest major update Windows (10) Creators is coming.

I was bit in the ar$e by the Anniversary update (as was my wife) on our laptops. I had too much work to do to troubleshoot it, so I upgraded mine back to Windows 7. smile

I was able to get my wife's to finally boot up by using an Acronis Image I had luckily done prior to the Anniversary update), and then when it got applied again, it worked (my guess is the first time was buggy). But all she uses is Microsoft Office and Firefox.

I could have done the same on mine, but I would still have had to re-install a bunch of applications, many of which require authentication that doesn't take between OS upgradees (as I found out when I first upgraded my laptop to Windows 10), so I just went back to Windows 7 for now. I've re-installed everything, and I have a basic Windows 10 image I can use; however, I think I'll wait for the "Creators" update to happen, then download the ISO image, and then try the update on a clean system (since I got mine updated during the free cycle, they already have my credentials for my machine, and I can easily go back and forth between Win7 and Win10 with no consequence.

Interestingly, my HP desktop (even though old) has done just fine with Windows 10.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Here are a couple of ways to turn off Win 10 updates. You should only do this if your computer is off-line like my music computer. I will not update until I am forced to update by programs, but even then I may just stay with what I have and forget updating everything.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off-windows-update-in-windows-10

http://www.redmondpie.com/disable-turn-off-automatic-updates-in-windows-10-heres-how/

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
MarioD

Those are mostly just stop gaps

For the "big one" that works (method 3), like me, you still need Win Pro to edit Group Polices (and I have and for more than just updates)

and if you read the info about the upcoming Windows 10 Creators" update it looks like MS will push updates after that update EVEN if you set Metered Connection ON, if they feel the update is "important" - but yes it remains to be seen.

John

I run multiple boots and Win 7 and Win 10 both see a D:\ drive (and there are three other internal drives E:\, H:\, and Z\: - not counting my DVD and Blu-Ray R/W drives). D:\ and E:\ are where 99% of apps get installed (BIAB, Sonar, Cubase, Kontakt and NI stuff, UVI, Fruity Loops 12, GOG games, steam Games, Sampletank and IK stuff, Freelance, Office, Multi-dit, SPSS, SAS, Visio, Visual studio,...)

when Win 7 is booted Win7 is C:\ and Win 10 drive is seen as Y:\
when Win 10 is booted Win 10 is C:\ and Win 7 drive is seen as Y:\

(yep, drive letters reversed)

Each OS sees my "D:\" drive (and other drives) so a lot of stuff only has to be re-installed to same location (with same options) to D:\ (like SPSS, SAS,) and some things like BIAB only need new short cuts and the program can't tell it's a different OS - they all run fine.

as a bonus a lot of things that have "install counters" or "authorization counters" (e.g., Melodyne Studio - 2 installs; Acronis 5 pak, Bitdefender 5 pak, and many others) are assigned to the COMPUTER NAME - NOT the DRIVE letter or OS NAME.

So while I still had to install Acronis, Bitdefender, Melodyne Studio, etc. each twice (once for Win7 and Win 10, and in some cases Win XP) - they only count as ONE (1).

Yes, I've even contacted a few like Acronis, and others, and they have no issues with it, some I DID NOT ASK because I did NOT want to know answer - LOL.

My Win XP drive is seen by BOTH Win7 and Win 10 as drive Z:\. But when Win XP is booted, not often anymore, it is prohibited from "seeing" the two physical drives that hold Win 7 and Win 10 OS's otherwise Win XP deletes the restore points for those OS's - while I don't rely or use restore points, I use Acronis, it's still "dicey" to allow this.

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 03/23/17 10:13 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks, Larry. I'll take a look at that as a concept for my laptop. My desktop runs fine with Win10, but I have multibooted.

I've got two 1TB 7200RPM disks (there are two bays in the laptop) and they are getting seriously full with just one O/S. (LOL)

I've pondered going to 1.5 or 2TB drives, but if I want the speed of 7200RPM, it gets prohibitively expensive, and 5400 just seems to run slow. SSD is great for speed, but I would lose a drive bay to a lower capacity disk (as I certainly can't afford the higher capacity ones at this time).

Are your Win7 and Win10 on the same physical drive, or two separate drives? I used to dual boot my desktop by installing one O/S on one physical drive and the other on a different physical drive. Then all I had to do was go into POST setup and change boot order to get the O/S I want.

I've been thinking about running some of my disk content (data/sound libraries/etc) on an external USB (I could use eSATA, but I lose the portableness of the laptop then) and do a dual boot between Win7 and Win10. Also, that needs backed up also, and USB to USB backup is painfully slow for a lot of data.

But my concern is if I get black screened again on Win10, then even though all the application files may be on a D: drive (for example), I would still need to re-install everything to re-establish everything that goes into the C: drive registry.

I used to dual boot between Win7 and XP on my desktop; however, stopped for the same reason (losing my restore points, even though I also use Acronis - and they just sent me a great offer that I may take them up on). smile

I do have some spare (lower capacity disks) big enough to hold the O/S's, so I may be able to experiment.

Thinking out loud, I wonder if I could take a Win7 installation, clone it to the second disk, then just do a Win10 in place upgrade on the second disk to quickly get a dual boot (with apps installed to a different partition). That would get most of the apps' registry information into Win10 without too much pain (and when I did the in place upgrade when Win10 first came out, even many of my license authorizations transferred). If that worked, I could just repeat the process if I ever had a problem in the future (take an Acronis image of Win7, say, apply it to the second disk, boot from that one, then do an in place upgrade to Win10. Microsoft already has my machine ID for Win10, so re-installation and licensing should not be a problem.

I do have some iLok libraries, and I may have to break down and get the iLok dongle, as in the above scenario, it would be a lot of releasing licenses and adding them back in (I'm not sure what iLok tags to). The dongle would eliminate that. I already have one USB dongle from Steinberg for Cubase Artist and for some of their sound libraries I own (Halion, for example).

You've given me some stuff to think about and probably waste a little of my time, but it will be fun.

BTW, I do still run XP on occasion, but just do it as a VM in VMWare.

Bottom line though (if anyone has even read this much) is that I'm not anti-Win10; it's just extremely frustrating when it has been working fine for over a year, then you sit and watch it do a bunch of l-o-o-o-o-n-g updates (because, well you just booted it and want to use it), and then it won't boot at all. And you find lots and lots of other folks are having the same problem. Mine, I guess, is the reverse problem...I want the new operating system to run on my old hardware (versus this thread, which is old operating systems running on new hardware).

John

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
John,

Each OS is on its own 2TB 7200 HDD (WD Black) - actually all the drives are 2TB WD blacks, when I built (2011) it was too expensive to put in 10k RPM drives and 2TB's 10K were rare as hens teeth.
So 12TB's internal storage (and a scores of USB 2 and USB 3 drives for additional -redundant storage, backups, and off site backups - I make redundant back-ups and move one off site every week)

USE EasyBCD its FREE for BOOT options and control and management

http://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/

Not sure I would do or try dual boot in a laptop, the redundant overhead required for OS's is wasteful (just my opinon) - at least until you can get dual, or more, internal SDD's and they would need to be LARGE (2TB's or more) again IMHO

Check PM I think we've worn out our welcome in this thread

Larry

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie, if you thought all I was upset about in Windows 10 was the [potential, but highly likely] lack of updated drivers for my interfaces, you did not read everything I wrote. I repeat: I despise 10.

I immersed myself in PC mechanics in the early 1990s, reading thousands of pages in textbooks and manuals, eventually taking a Microsoft certification course in 2000. I refused to take the test when I saw this question in the study guide: "Microsoft Windows is the most elegant operating system ever devised by the mind of man: T/F?" What arrogance.

I worked for pay configuring, repairing, and upgrading PCs for many years, though, from DOS 3.x to 6.22, and all versions of Windows from 3.1 to 7. I am not speaking from a vacuum.

You commented on Microsoft patching Windows security holes. One thing you and everyone reading should know is that, when MS releases a new version, THEY LEAVE THE SAME SECURITY HOLES THAT THE PREVIOUS VERSION HAD TO START WITH. This was true at least through XP.

If they do it differently now, that's great, but it is one reason that I am so big on third-party security apps, and a large part of why I dislike MS so much. (Incidentally, a long-time MS employee told me a few years ago that they had released a new version of their flagship database to enterprise customers with known, major security holes.)

So device drivers aren't their responsibility. Pfeh. They still suck at what they do.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
Check PM I think we've worn out our welcome in this thread.

Agreed.

John

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Hope that clears things up for you.

Ok. My only comment is the same one I give to noobies on this forum when they think Biab is crap because it just won't work for them. That comment is this:

If's it's so bad why isn't this forum full of posts about your same problems?

The answer obviously is very few are having these same problems.

I read your last post in this thread, it sounds to me like you're out of date. Things change, there's a whole new regime running MS now. Have you read all those articles I've referenced before from Cakewalk about Sonar, Pete from MS who's a high level musician and DAW user, all the different articles about security? These are current articles, not ancient history stuff.

As to your issue with your Presonus Audiobox, maybe this helps?

http://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210050723-PreSonus-Windows-10-Compatibility-Statement

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Big john

Thanks Big John, used my Win8.1 key for my wife's laptop. Wiped it completely clean and installed the Win10.iso from disc and no issues after the stuff below.

Originally Posted By: jford

I was bit in the ar$e by the Anniversary update (as was my wife) on our laptops. I had too much work to do to troubleshoot it, so I upgraded mine back to Windows 7. smile

John, everything on the wife's laptop on installing a clean Win10.iso went fine until the Anniversary update. It would take nearly an hour on each pass only to download and fail. I spent the weekend on this and finally got it to work.

Wanted to share this as that Anniversary update was a PAIN!!!

SOLUTION

- Scroll down to where it says, "Steps of manual resolving".
- I followed solutions 1 through 3 and it finally installed on solution 3.
- Solution 1 and 2 can take up to an hour each on those DISM steps.
- To save time maybe just start with solution 3.

Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
If you folks liked the Anniversary update (it caused more than a few headaches for Home users, as well as PRO who did the update) be forewarned in a few weeks the latest major update Windows (10) Creators is coming.

Thanks Larry. In my case, all of our machines are on Win10 PRO. I think I'll take one for the PG forum team here and start working on the Creators update on my main laptop. There's an option in Updates to upgrade early.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
And just last night my wife's Win10 laptop decided that it didn't like the Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard. Showed driver errors and just hung for hours on reboot until I figured out to take the unifying transmitter out of the USB port. At least she can use the built in laptop keyboard and mouse until I can figure it out. Trying to reinstall the driver just hung. I was troubleshooting way too late last night, and bed was calling, so the fix will have too wait for another day.

John

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195