Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
John,

Each OS is on its own 2TB 7200 HDD (WD Black) - actually all the drives are 2TB WD blacks, when I built (2011) it was too expensive to put in 10k RPM drives and 2TB's 10K were rare as hens teeth.
So 12TB's internal storage (and a scores of USB 2 and USB 3 drives for additional -redundant storage, backups, and off site backups - I make redundant back-ups and move one off site every week)

USE EasyBCD its FREE for BOOT options and control and management

http://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/

Not sure I would do or try dual boot in a laptop, the redundant overhead required for OS's is wasteful (just my opinon) - at least until you can get dual, or more, internal SDD's and they would need to be LARGE (2TB's or more) again IMHO

Check PM I think we've worn out our welcome in this thread

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie, if you thought all I was upset about in Windows 10 was the [potential, but highly likely] lack of updated drivers for my interfaces, you did not read everything I wrote. I repeat: I despise 10.

I immersed myself in PC mechanics in the early 1990s, reading thousands of pages in textbooks and manuals, eventually taking a Microsoft certification course in 2000. I refused to take the test when I saw this question in the study guide: "Microsoft Windows is the most elegant operating system ever devised by the mind of man: T/F?" What arrogance.

I worked for pay configuring, repairing, and upgrading PCs for many years, though, from DOS 3.x to 6.22, and all versions of Windows from 3.1 to 7. I am not speaking from a vacuum.

You commented on Microsoft patching Windows security holes. One thing you and everyone reading should know is that, when MS releases a new version, THEY LEAVE THE SAME SECURITY HOLES THAT THE PREVIOUS VERSION HAD TO START WITH. This was true at least through XP.

If they do it differently now, that's great, but it is one reason that I am so big on third-party security apps, and a large part of why I dislike MS so much. (Incidentally, a long-time MS employee told me a few years ago that they had released a new version of their flagship database to enterprise customers with known, major security holes.)

So device drivers aren't their responsibility. Pfeh. They still suck at what they do.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
Check PM I think we've worn out our welcome in this thread.

Agreed.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ryszard
I have never liked Microsoft. I DESPISE Windows 10.

Hope that clears things up for you.

Ok. My only comment is the same one I give to noobies on this forum when they think Biab is crap because it just won't work for them. That comment is this:

If's it's so bad why isn't this forum full of posts about your same problems?

The answer obviously is very few are having these same problems.

I read your last post in this thread, it sounds to me like you're out of date. Things change, there's a whole new regime running MS now. Have you read all those articles I've referenced before from Cakewalk about Sonar, Pete from MS who's a high level musician and DAW user, all the different articles about security? These are current articles, not ancient history stuff.

As to your issue with your Presonus Audiobox, maybe this helps?

http://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210050723-PreSonus-Windows-10-Compatibility-Statement

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Big john

Thanks Big John, used my Win8.1 key for my wife's laptop. Wiped it completely clean and installed the Win10.iso from disc and no issues after the stuff below.

Originally Posted By: jford

I was bit in the ar$e by the Anniversary update (as was my wife) on our laptops. I had too much work to do to troubleshoot it, so I upgraded mine back to Windows 7. smile

John, everything on the wife's laptop on installing a clean Win10.iso went fine until the Anniversary update. It would take nearly an hour on each pass only to download and fail. I spent the weekend on this and finally got it to work.

Wanted to share this as that Anniversary update was a PAIN!!!

SOLUTION

- Scroll down to where it says, "Steps of manual resolving".
- I followed solutions 1 through 3 and it finally installed on solution 3.
- Solution 1 and 2 can take up to an hour each on those DISM steps.
- To save time maybe just start with solution 3.

Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
If you folks liked the Anniversary update (it caused more than a few headaches for Home users, as well as PRO who did the update) be forewarned in a few weeks the latest major update Windows (10) Creators is coming.

Thanks Larry. In my case, all of our machines are on Win10 PRO. I think I'll take one for the PG forum team here and start working on the Creators update on my main laptop. There's an option in Updates to upgrade early.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
And just last night my wife's Win10 laptop decided that it didn't like the Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard. Showed driver errors and just hung for hours on reboot until I figured out to take the unifying transmitter out of the USB port. At least she can use the built in laptop keyboard and mouse until I can figure it out. Trying to reinstall the driver just hung. I was troubleshooting way too late last night, and bed was calling, so the fix will have too wait for another day.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,501
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195