Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#404372 - 03/29/17 09:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: 酔桜Dream (Translation: Dreams of Wine and Cherry Blossoms) Jazz Waltz with French Chanson feeling [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
You are so consistent in the high quality of your production. Everything in the mix sets perfectly and the vocal is right where it should be. Your work is extraordinary and has such a professional quality. The arrangement is perfect for the song.

This is a beautiful song and expertly crafted. So enjoyable.

Charlie

I totally agree, and couldn't have said it better myself Charlie! I always enjoy listening to songs posted by animarorecords!

This is today's Hot Forum Topic!

#404395 - 03/29/17 11:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: 酔桜Dream (Translation: Dreams of Wine and Cherry Blossoms) Jazz Waltz with French Chanson feeling [Re: animarorecords]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
I loved this. Even though I can't understand the lyrics, the vocal is like listening to a wonderful new instrument. Simply beautiful.

Many, many years ago (back in the 1980's) I was an active participant in the annual National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade committee in Washington, DC (I was in charge of marching bands for the parade for two years in a row), to celebrate the trees that line the tidal basin as a gift from Japan many years ago, and so realize how important the tradition of cherry blossom season is.

Thanks again for posting this.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#404499 - 03/29/17 08:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: 酔桜Dream (Translation: Dreams of Wine and Cherry Blossoms) Jazz Waltz with French Chanson feeling [Re: animarorecords]
Flora Lee Offline

Great music and lovely song. Very relaxing.

I enjoyed listening to it whenever I need to get a rest from my daily busy works.

#404504 - 03/29/17 10:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: 酔桜Dream (Translation: Dreams of Wine and Cherry Blossoms) Jazz Waltz with French Chanson feeling [Re: animarorecords]
Achordocaster Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Grand Junction, Colorado USA
Shigeki,

This is just so good! I enjoyed it very much. I guess I can only second what's already been said.... Outstanding!

Greg

#404670 - 03/30/17 10:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: 酔桜Dream (Translation: Dreams of Wine and Cherry Blossoms) Jazz Waltz with French Chanson feeling [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Callie, John, Flora and Greg

Thank you very much for taking the time to listen and comment.
I much appreciate your very kind words.
I am very glad you all like this jazz waltz.

John,
Many thanks for your comment to the tradition of cherry blossom season.
In the news of the other day, a newscaster reported that the buds of the cherry blossoms in Washington, DC received little damage in this year due to the cold weather, I am extremely worried.
The pictures below are from the cherry blossom festival in my town.
They are previous pictures because not yet flowering this year.
There are many places that are held more grandly, but, as it is located in five minutes' walk from home.

Thank you again to all.
Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Attachments
Daytime1.jpg

Daytime2.jpg

Nighttime1.jpg

Nighttime2.jpg

#404703 - 03/31/17 06:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: 酔桜Dream (Translation: Dreams of Wine and Cherry Blossoms) Jazz Waltz with French Chanson feeling [Re: animarorecords]
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
The pictures = breathtaking! Just... wow.

We have our Cherry Blossom bloom season here in Victoria, BC also... it's going on right now! I was walking downtown the other day and it was actually "raining" petals on me!

-Callie

#404709 - 03/31/17 07:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: 酔桜Dream (Translation: Dreams of Wine and Cherry Blossoms) Jazz Waltz with French Chanson feeling [Re: animarorecords]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Absolutely beautiful!

And it's why so many flock to our nation's capital every year to see them. I was worried about the cold snap, especially the snowstorm they experienced the day before the season was to start in Washington, DC.

Thank you for those great pictures. They are beautiful, and walking among the trees is a treat.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#404883 - 04/01/17 02:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: 酔桜Dream (Translation: Dreams of Wine and Cherry Blossoms) Jazz Waltz with French Chanson feeling [Re: animarorecords]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Your production and mixing is top notch.

Marry that to a beautiful vocal and well crafted lyric and you have a remarkable song.

A pleasure to listen to.

#405214 - 04/03/17 11:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: 酔桜Dream (Translation: Dreams of Wine and Cherry Blossoms) Jazz Waltz with French Chanson feeling [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, Lawrence

I much appreciate your very kind words.
I am very glad you like Natsuki's vocal.
I would like to post my songs with her vocal again.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#405329 - 04/04/17 01:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: 酔桜Dream (Translation: Dreams of Wine and Cherry Blossoms) Jazz Waltz with French Chanson feeling [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
You are so consistent in the high quality of your production. Everything in the mix sets perfectly and the vocal is right where it should be. Your work is extraordinary and has such a professional quality. The arrangement is perfect for the song.

Charlie

Charlie beautifully stated our sentiments. We have a cherry blossom festival near us but a very early spring caused them to all bloom well before the festival. Your photos add a great perspective to the tune.

This is very, very well written, arranged and performed!

Congratulations on a top notch production.

J&B
J&B Website

#405558 - 04/05/17 11:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: 酔桜Dream (Translation: Dreams of Wine and Cherry Blossoms) Jazz Waltz with French Chanson feeling [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, Janice & Bud

I much appreciate your very kind words and your continuous supports.
I am so sorry to hear a very early spring caused the cherry blossoms in your region to all bloom well before the festival.
Spring is late this year in my region, cherry blossoms finally bloomed recently, but the weather report announced that it would rain this weekend. Indeed, cherry blossoms do not always go the way we want them to.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#406249 - 04/08/17 07:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: 酔桜Dream (Translation: Dreams of Wine and Cherry Blossoms) Jazz Waltz with French Chanson feeling [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA

Charlie

Could not have said it better. I really appreciate your very classic influences. Awesome job!! Take care. Greg

#406471 - 04/10/17 12:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: 酔桜Dream (Translation: Dreams of Wine and Cherry Blossoms) Jazz Waltz with French Chanson feeling [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, Greg

Maybe my classic influences are caused by hearing much more American standard songs than Japanese pops since I was a child.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#406628 - 04/10/17 04:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: 酔桜Dream (Translation: Dreams of Wine and Cherry Blossoms) Jazz Waltz with French Chanson feeling [Re: animarorecords]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Shigeki Adachi,

I sincerely apologise for taking so long to comment on this creation. It's beautiful, really beautiful. Natsuki Yoshikawa's singing is a perfect fit for an incredibly vibrant composition.

This is definitely one of the best arrangements I've heard on Users Showcase. You've really done an amazing job. Your skill is outstanding!

Best regards,
Noel

#407081 - 04/13/17 12:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: 酔桜Dream (Translation: Dreams of Wine and Cherry Blossoms) Jazz Waltz with French Chanson feeling [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, Noel

Your comment is always very welcome.
I am very happy you like this tune and Natsuki's vocal.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows - User Programmable Functions

But, what if you want to be able to tell the program to do MORE than that?

Head to Chapter 14: User Programmable Functions within the online manual, and you'll learn more about programmable features like:

The StyleMaker
Create brand-new styles or edit existing styles!

Making RealDrums Styles
Template file included! You can either record a drummer, or you can piece together a wave file using drum loops!

The Harmony Maker
Create or edit your own (or existing) harmonies!

The Soloist Maker and The Melodist Maker
Define your own Soloists or Melodists in whichever style you'd like!

The Guitarist Maker
The program will intelligently arrange any melody to a guitar chord solo by inserting real guitar voicings throughout the piece. There are many preloaded Guitarists to choose from, or you can customize existing Guitarists’ settings or make your own Guitarists from scratch using this feature.

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Review - Software for Learning Saxophone

McGill Music Sax School posted a video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows last year, stating "I love using software to help learn saxophone. One of my favourite programs is Band-in-a-Box. It's a really powerful tool for quickly making backing tracks I can use for lessons, or my own practice."

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=2AgfV7emdLQ

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Forum Stats
28093 Members
57 Forums
54487 Topics
450689 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Molldur, Frans, Gregle, sergio2018, Pellegrino

28093 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 205
Tangmo 143