You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#407586 - 04/15/17 06:27 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Add a little Color Back To GUI
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Requested by MusicStudent Dan

Yes, I'll do a set without the DOS Floppies, with USB or Hard Drive icons.

These include the Photoshop PSDs that you can open with GIMP Win/Mac if you don't have PS.
Use the gifs in the BIG folders or any transparent gif or png for your custom ones.
Just do an image search on google for png icons they should show transparent checkerboard background when you view them in google images.
To save the pink background bmp to transparent gif you can use Irfanview in the gif save settings
check choose transparent color.
To create blank backgrounds for your custom icons,
in Irfanview select a large area of clean background color beside the icons,
now select the icon and paste,
this will clear the icon for your new ones.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bz62247457c8li/MainScreenButtons-Color.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6v6tq6fexlnt2w/MainScreenButtons-Color-USB.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r468hhn7atqlkww/MainScreenButtons-Color-on-Dark.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zppyqr53su9ww8w/MainScreenButtons-Color-on-All-Dark.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qgil9xulij7nt9/MainScreenButtons-Color-Zoom.zip?dl=0

Click No Thanks Continue at bottom

Close Biab
Rename C:\bb\Data\Images\MainScreenButtons\ > MainScreenButtons - Gray
Extract the folder you want from the zip and Rename > MainScreenButtons

These are the 2 included skins, Gray to Color and Color

Extra UBS Save

Color on Dark

Color on All Dark

Edited by Pipeline (04/18/17 03:16 AM)

#407716 - 04/16/17 03:23 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: Pipeline]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
That's great, Pipeline! Thanks for taking the time.

#407735 - 04/16/17 05:19 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: Pipeline]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Thank you!
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#407772 - 04/17/17 04:53 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: Matt Finley]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

#407846 - 04/17/17 01:52 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: Pipeline]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Edited by Pipeline (04/18/17 03:15 AM)

#408051 - 04/18/17 12:10 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: Pipeline]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

Pipeline,
Those are all awesome! We are on it, and will be in touch!

#408540 - 04/20/17 01:40 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI Win Mac [Re: PeterGannon]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Right click Band-in-a-Box.app > Show Package Contents > Resources >
rename MainScreenButtons to MainScreenButtons-Gray > Drag MainScreenButtons - ??? to Resources folder > rename to MainScreenButtons.

*If PG add the Option to Select the Skin folder it will make it easier.

Skin Install Guide Mac

#425111 - 08/08/17 05:38 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI Win Mac [Re: Pipeline]
Veteran

Does this mean that we might see these ideas in the future as the default, or an option, without having to make these modifications manually? That would be terrific.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#425137 - 08/08/17 09:20 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI Win Mac [Re: Matt Finley]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Not sure what PG is doing as we have requested it for a while now.
I can put these in an Installer, like Biab Color Zoom Skin.exe - Biab Color on All Dark Skin.exe - Biab Original Skin.exe etc.. if that would make things easier ?

#425145 - 08/08/17 10:06 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI Win Mac [Re: Pipeline]
Veteran

I would love that, and I'm sure it would become very popular. While many of us have technical skills enough to make these changes, who is going to turn down your effort to make it easier? I spend plenty of time on tech and would rather be making music. Thank you for your outstanding contributions to BIAB.

#425185 - 08/08/17 01:05 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI Win Mac [Re: Pipeline]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Yes please .
SoundCloud

#425269 - 08/08/17 08:36 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Biab Skin Installers [Re: MusicStudent]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Biab Skin Installers.
Extract Biab Skin Installers folder from the zip to anywhere you like.
You will need to run your chosen skin installer after installing any Biab updates.
Run the Biab Original Skin Installer.exe to restore.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8nhvfbh94ptws1o/Biab-Skin-Installers.zip?dl=1
Click No Thanks Continue at bottom to skip Login

Sorry no Mac pkg as they are stored inside the app.
You could put a Symbolic Link pointing to an external folder in place of MainScreenButtons folder inside the app but when you do any updates it will be lost.

Attachments
Biab-Skin-Installers.jpg

#425302 - 08/09/17 04:53 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Biab Skin Installers [Re: Pipeline]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Fantastic, I lost the colors when updates happened and was not able to figure out how to get them back. I love the colors and can't figure out why PG didn't incorporate this option back in the spring. Thanks much.
SoundCloud

#425350 - 08/09/17 10:05 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Biab Skin Installers [Re: Pipeline]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Pipeline,

You're very generous to share your time, knowledge and skills for the benefit of the rest of us.

I can not adequately express how much I appreciate your gifts. Thank you.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#425401 - 08/09/17 07:29 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Biab Skin Installers [Re: MusicStudent]
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
I love the colors and can't figure out why PG didn't incorporate this option back in the spring.

If I recall correctly, they were deliberately going for the gray look that was much in vogue at the time. SONAR, for example, went gray and lifeless 18 months ago, and then released 'themes' that users could submit to bring back whatever visual features they wished. Now it's come full circle for us here.

#438430 - 11/17/17 12:20 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Biab Skin Installers Win/Mac [Re: Matt Finley]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Here's a 6 pack skin installer, they change the icon color in Ctrl+T Compact Mode from gray to whatever skin you choose, this will save the trouble of Manually doing it.
The Skin bmp's install to /Applications/Band-in-a-Box/Band-in-a-Box.app/Contents/Resources/MainScreenButtons.
Choose the skin you want > install > start BB
Just re-apply after any updates.
Let me know if they work ok for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ua25ghnyqwnqj4/Biab_Skins_Pack.dmg?dl=1

#442334 - 12/03/17 11:40 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Biab Skin Installers Win/Mac [Re: Pipeline]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

This has been incorporated into BIAB v2018. You will find an option for "skins" on the Preferences-Display page.
SoundCloud

#442382 - 12/03/17 03:05 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: Biab Skin Installers Win/Mac [Re: Pipeline]
Veteran

A huge shout-out to Pipeline for his efforts in making this possible.

PG Music News
User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Contest - Listen to All the Entries!

Our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Contest is over, and the winners have been announced - congratulations again to forum users fiddler2007, rodipoet, Will Josef, and Ezekiel's Storm!

And, a BIG thank you to everyone who entered their songs on our contest - WOW what a great list of songs! We've arranged all the song entries into one simple list, if you'd like to listen to all the entries click here.

Congratulations Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest Winners!

Thank you again to everyone who submitted their songs to our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - 59 entries in total!

As always, we were blown away with every song entered! We truly enjoy listening to what everyone comes up with using Band-in-a-Box!

Our judging team listened to all the songs, and choosing the winners wasn't easy... some of the things taken into consideration were the quality of the composition, Xtra styles used, use of program features within the song, and originality - and we're now ready to announce the winners!

The Winners are:

I Will Be Your Doggie Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: fiddler2007
Xtra Style used: _WILDONE
Original Forum Post

Jazz:
Wie zingt verjaagt zijn pijn (He who sings expels his pain) Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: rodipoet
Xtra Styles Used: _SILKY
Original Forum Post

MIDI:
Child of the 70s Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Will Josef
Xtra Style Used: HORIZON
Original Forum Post

Rock-Pop:
Hide it Away Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Ezekiel's Storm
Xtra Style used: _CHEATED
Original Forum Post

Congratulations everyone!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows: Making Songs

Visit Chapter 6: Making Songs in our online Band-in-a-Box 2018 for Windows User's Guide, and you'll learn (or be reminded of) all the different steps you could take for creating your own song using Band-in-a-Box®!

Learn about naming your song, choosing a key, setting the tempo, chord entry, and more! There's even information for more advanced use! Read about Song Settings (endings, tags, style variations, pushes, rests, and chord embellishments), Part Markers, Substyles, Song Form, applying Styles, using RealTrack/RealDrums, importing MIDI, and chord entry - just to name a few!

Holiday Hours - Monday, October 8th

Monday, October 8th is Canadian Thanksgiving!

Our Holiday schedule that day is:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST
Technical Support: Closed

We will be back to our regular schedule Tuesday, October 9th.

Forum Stats
28069 Members
57 Forums
54397 Topics
449628 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
chuckster55, KeithR, Andreu Casado, Ozzoid, jabba

28068 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 215
David Snyder 160