Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#387031 - 12/29/16 09:05 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Add a little Color Back To GUI
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
OK, I know this is a sensitive issue. And the "Gray Shades" was an effort to make a more modern and professions look. And I do like the new look! Good Job. But time to move on... grin

Here is a something I think looks very neat and would work in a similar fashion\style with BIAB. Keep the Gray template but just add a bit of color to selected icons.

Check it out.

http://www.rayzoon.com/jamstix4_preview.html
SoundCloud

#387037 - 12/29/16 09:21 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: MusicStudent]
John-Luke Offline
Expert

Loc: France
+1
yes I know that 'Gray shades' icons are really trendy ! but recently somebody who saw these icons told me 'they are ugly'.
So, add some colors...
It could be an option, according to the taste of the user.

#387096 - 12/29/16 01:59 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: John-Luke]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: John-Luke
+1
yes I know that 'Gray shades' icons are really trendy ! but recently somebody who saw these icons told me 'they are ugly'.
So, add some colors...
It could be an option, according to the taste of the user.

+1 for the option and/or having the user choose their colors.

Colors like blue, green, red, purple etc can be a big problem for those of us that are partially color blind.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#387458 - 12/31/16 07:49 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: MusicStudent]
musiclover Offline
Expert

Yes another big +1 for coloured icons in full screen view.

Musiclover

Edited by musiclover (12/31/16 07:49 AM)

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 7 and 10 (32 bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro,Band in a Box 2018 Cubase 5.0 and Cubase elements 7.0.

#387469 - 12/31/16 08:38 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: musiclover]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=387240#Post387240

Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
>>> Any reason the icons in a custom menu and the reduced menu need to be black and white? Makes it harder to associate (mentally) the icon with the function...

Good question. The b/w colors were a specific request of many for the new toolbar as the "modern" way of doing things (found in most DAWS). We do plan on making a color variation of these buttons (like skin) so you'd be able to choose which you like. I'd expect that in a future (free) patch.

#406370 - 04/09/17 01:26 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: Pipeline]
Guitartist Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Maine
I'd have to say that I really like the new muted icons, but choice is always good!

https://soundcloud.com/ron-longtin/sets/originals

#407424 - 04/14/17 10:35 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: Guitartist]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Everything should be Customizable for young n old.
I use the Gray mostly but can switch at an instant Ctrl+T to find stuff.
I tried to find the Gray bitmaps in the program to make a user patch to change to color for those that want it but I couldn't find them.

EDIT: found them in C:\bb\Data\Images\MainScreenButtons\
so I will try and make a set up and upload them.

RE-EDIT: These include the Photoshop PSDs that you can open with GIMP Win/Mac if you don't have PS.
Use the gifs in the BIG folders or any transparent gif or png for your custom ones.
Just do an image search on google for png icons they should show transparent checkerboard background when you view them in google images.
To save the pink background bmp to transparent gif you can use Irfanview in the gif save settings
check choose transparent color.
To create blank backgrounds for your custom icons,
in Irfanview select a large area of clean background color beside the icons,
now select the icon and paste,
this will clear the icon for your new ones.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bz62247457c8li/MainScreenButtons-Color.zip?dl=0
Click No Thanks Continue at bottom

Close Biab
Rename C:\bb\Data\Images\MainScreenButtons\ > MainScreenButtons - Gray
Extract the folder you want from the zip and Rename > MainScreenButtons

I must say the color breaks the nice tone of the new UI, just looks out of place.

Not sure what those little blue square icons are ??? are they meant to be Hard Drives, USB Flash Drives or SD Cards ??

Attachments
BB-Save-Icon.jpg

BB-Color-Icons.jpg

Edited by Pipeline (04/15/17 06:13 PM)

#407443 - 04/15/17 03:45 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: Pipeline]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

I got this far, will do the rest later, I can also make them like Mac so they magnify as you mouseover ?:

Attachments
BB-Color-Icons.gif

#407447 - 04/15/17 04:25 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: MusicStudent]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Very cool, Pipeline.

I know RHARV has tried to do similar things with PowerTracks and RealBand (sometimes successful, sometimes not).

But as you have shown, clearly doable.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#407448 - 04/15/17 04:26 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: Pipeline]
John-Luke Offline
Expert

Loc: France
Good point Pipeline,

That looks better sympathic with your colored icons !

#407451 - 04/15/17 04:57 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: Pipeline]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
I'm kind-of taking the license to paraphrase here, I'm very sure that the new UI will evolve:

"as it is very flexible with the design. For example, adding new schemes/skins, with different types of buttons (e.g. color), or even a "slightly taller look" is very doable with the design.

So the first step is getting it released, and hearing from customers as to what they want."

Therefore, I guess we can expect that some colors will be part of the future delivery. Small steps... bigger ones will follow.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#407452 - 04/15/17 05:02 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: Pipeline]
Guitartist Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Maine
You know what would be REALLY cool? If a mouseover turned a grayscale icon temporarily to color. Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too? smile

Attachments
Color.png

https://soundcloud.com/ron-longtin/sets/originals

#407466 - 04/15/17 06:57 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: MusicStudent]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

Pipeline,
Thanks. That's awesome.
Peter

#407482 - 04/15/17 07:55 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: Pipeline]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pipeline
I got this far, will do the rest later, I can also make them like Mac so they magnify as you mouseover ?:

Me Like!
SoundCloud

#407507 - 04/15/17 09:21 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: Pipeline]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Quote:
Not sure what those little blue square icons are ??? are they meant to be Hard Drives, USB Flash Drives or SD Cards ??

smile

Attachments
floppy.jpg

#407540 - 04/15/17 01:30 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: Pipeline]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted By: Pipeline

Yes, clearly used from a slightly earlier icon library:

Attachments
2017-04-16_06-24-59.jpg

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#407583 - 04/15/17 06:11 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: VideoTrack]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Yes, I'll do a set without the DOS Floppies, with USB or Hard Drive icons.

These include the Photoshop PSDs that you can open with GIMP Win/Mac if you don't have PS.
Use the gifs in the BIG folders or any transparent gif or png for your custom ones.
Just do an image search on google for png icons they should show transparent checkerboard background when you view them in google images.
To save the pink background bmp to transparent gif you can use Irfanview in the gif save settings
check choose transparent color.
To create blank backgrounds for your custom icons,
in Irfanview select a large area of clean background color beside the icons,
now select the icon and paste,
this will clear the icon for your new ones.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bz62247457c8li/MainScreenButtons-Color.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6v6tq6fexlnt2w/MainScreenButtons-Color-USB.zip?dl=0

Click No Thanks Continue at bottom

Close Biab
Rename C:\bb\Data\Images\MainScreenButtons\ > MainScreenButtons - Gray
Extract the folder you want from the zip and Rename > MainScreenButtons

These are the 2 included skins, Gray to Color and Color

Attachments
file-new-icon-blank.jpg

BB-Color-Icons-Gray.gif (587 downloads)
BB-USB-Icons.jpg

#407589 - 04/15/17 06:30 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: Pipeline]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

I will do a set for Mac when it's released, it should be the same deal ?

#407696 - 04/16/17 01:19 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: MusicStudent]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Well that actually works pretty darn nice! grin

I used the full color version and so far have no reason to go back to the prior gray. As best I can figure you opened each icon and "colorized" it. Then saved it back. That had to take a bit of time. crazy

It just took me a minute to replace the old folder (just renamed it to save it) with the new colorized folder and it looks great.

Thanks much for making my wish come true. grin
SoundCloud

#407706 - 04/16/17 02:23 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Add a little Color Back To GUI [Re: MusicStudent]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

In the BIG folders you have the original color icons from the Normal Screen Mode, so I had to lay them over the gray ones:

Full Screen View

Attachments
BB-PS-Icons.gif (106 downloads)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27834 Members
51 Forums
53016 Topics
440064 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
mfandrich, Lefaff, alleas23, BIGALTX, boblev

27833 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 152