You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#409106 - 04/24/17 11:37 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports!
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

When a bug gets reported (and even verified by other BIAB users) it would be great if PG staff would also take a moment to acknowledge/confirm it. Maybe even suggest when it might be fixed. Maybe even PM the user who reported it when it is fixed!

Currently it feels like a bug is reported and you never know for sure if PG even noted it. Then maybe it gets fixed in a future update but by then I've already figured out a work-around. Or I just cease to use a feature so I never even bother checking that feature again. This process discourages future bug reporting.

#409118 - 04/24/17 02:10 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
+1
Every so often there is response, but an acknowledgement and/or feedback maybe with proposed actions would greatly appreciated. Without that, it is not possible to know if the report has been noticed.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#409228 - 04/25/17 05:35 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Tony Wright Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Waterloo Ontario Canada
This is a reasonable request as long as the person reporting is prepared to accept a simple "report noted" response.

The problem for PG is that once the "bug" has been noted many people will expect more than that. I think it would be unreasonable to expect a considered response on every report or for PG to keep track of when or if the alleged bug will or has been addressed. Expecting PG to keep track of and report the status of every alleged bug for reporting purposes could take a lot of effort.

If I have a bug that is a real problem for me I find it better to start an email thread directly with tech support.

Tony

#409235 - 04/25/17 06:10 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: VideoTrack]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

I certainly don't expect any instant resolution. Sometimes this is not practical or even possible.

I don't even mind to hear that it may or may not be fixed in the next major release, or the one after that. Just so long as I know it has been received. I think this is what the O/P was mainly suggesting.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#409267 - 04/25/17 11:38 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: VideoTrack]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
I certainly don't expect any instant resolution. Sometimes this is not practical or even possible.

I don't even mind to hear that it may or may not be fixed in the next major release, or the one after that. Just so long as I know it has been received. I think this is what the O/P was mainly suggesting.

Exactly!

#409317 - 04/25/17 04:16 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I would be OK for them to acknowledge they received the report. I would not want then to estimate when it would be corrected.

Does anyone remember the vaporware issues of the past? If not that was when companies used to promise things and then not deliver on time or at all. A company would promise A, B,and C but only deliver A and B. Even if those two were great upgrades someone would always b*tch the C wasn't delivered.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#409324 - 04/25/17 04:49 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
I served as a beta tester for another software program (the name isn't important since it wasn't for music, and they're gone now, compliments of Microsoft competition). The company posted bug reports in an area accessible only by developers and testers, which obviously meant they received and 'acknowledged' the report. The reports were loosely categorized by function, such as editing, printing, etc. I thought this system was very effective, since testers could check first before reporting a bug. Sometimes the developers would comment, but no promises were made.

Many BIAB users may not know there is constant development work being done by some experienced users who do testing of pending releases. We also report problems to the developers that we think might not have been noticed by staff in the general forums.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#409343 - 04/25/17 07:20 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Keith44 Offline

Loc: Sydney NSW
+1

It is extremely important that people reporting bugs should at least be notified that the report has at least been read.

#409349 - 04/25/17 09:12 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
lambada Online   embarrased
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
On the whole I have found PG Music to be responsive to bug/potential bug responses. Occasionally, I have to nudge. I think, speaking as an ex IT Help Desk / Trainer, that support staff often don't like to admit that some problems are hard to replicate / fix especially when everyone is racing around at a million miles an hour. Most Help Desk software has automated features to deal with this kind of complaint with time based features to flick reports up the chain of command.

Edited by lambada (04/25/17 09:12 PM)
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#409360 - 04/26/17 12:52 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

#409363 - 04/26/17 12:57 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: Pipeline]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Yes, FogBugz and Jira are two others. I have to guess that maybe PGM use an internal system.

#409366 - 04/26/17 02:25 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: Pipeline]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Wow! We dare not even dream of such things. I would be happy if someone just said "saw it and verified it."

#452217 - 01/19/18 09:45 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Cerio Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Spain
I forgot my vote! +1

#452225 - 01/19/18 10:57 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

About the comment that support staff might not like to admit a problem is hard to replicate, no, I don’t see that here at all. One of the most frequent responses is “We can’t duplicate that”, followed by a request for a song that shows the problem. Then far more often than not, PG Music acknowledges it and promises a patch. Otherwise they ask for more info.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#452282 - 01/19/18 05:11 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

Loc: Philippines
+1
And I think there is a need for a pure bug report forum also. This is a wish forum, so it is often mixed up those two different things.
My tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.

#452284 - 01/19/18 05:29 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

I believe the way things are intended to work is a post is made in the BIAB for Windows (or Mac) forum. There we determine if it’s a question of user education, missing feature or a bug.

#452472 - 01/20/18 01:58 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: I wish PG staff would respond to bug reports! [Re: JohnJohnJohn]
Cerio Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Spain
I guess this is the key:

Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn

Currently it feels like a bug is reported and you never know for sure if PG even noted it. Then maybe it gets fixed in a future update but by then I've already figured out a work-around. Or I just cease to use a feature so I never even bother checking that feature again. This process discourages future bug reporting.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 per MAC - Italian Release!

Abbiamo lavorato tanto, abbiamo aggiunto 50 nuove funzioni e una sorprendente collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Studi Strumentali, Loops, Performance di Musicisti, Presets Amplitube e stili associati, RealTracks in 12 tonalità, Notazione di Chitarra Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=it

YouTube Find - Live Recording of Casa Di Amore Performance using Band-in-a-Box Backing Tracks!

Wow - check out this audio recording of a live performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks! Click here to watch...

While you're there, take a look at Rick's YouTube channel - ALL of the recordings from their Casa Di Amore playlist include Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!
(These were all recorded during their 2005 performance at Casa Di Amore in Las Vegas Nevada.)

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Users LOVE Xtra Styles PAK 5!

We're excited to offer Xtra Styles PAK 5, with over 160 fully-mixed styles, including 35 new MIDI Styles... LOOK MA - ALL MIDI!

But, we're not the only ones in love with Xtra Styles PAK 5 - here's what you're saying:
"Wow! That's quite a collection!"
"Really appreciate all the new MIDI styles!"
"These have already helped my rhythm and intonation and given new life to my practice. And it is SO MUCH FUN."
"Simply awesome. Thanks, everyone at PG!"
"A great new PAK indeed!"
"Great new collection here!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Way to go, PG Music!"
"Oh, they've made ALL-MIDI styles!!!"
"Best move I've ever made!"
"These new RealStyles are amazingly creative!"
"Outstanding!"
"Oh! Goody!!"

Save 40% when you purchase Xtra Styles PAK 5 for just $29 (reg. $49) during our special, which ends August 31st!
Click here to learn more, listen to demos, or order today!

Then, don't forget to enter your song, created using these new Styles, in our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest for your chance to win $150 PG Bucks!

Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Forum Stats
27842 Members
57 Forums
53103 Topics
440778 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
howarddavidp@gml, tritone7337, noameisen, Tangmo, Guitarrocks

27842 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 137