Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
Veteran
Paul,

Have you tried rendering the file using the below approach?

1. Right-click on the track you want to save (#1 on IMAGE 1 below).

2. Select "Track Actions" (#2).

3. Select "Save track as WAV file" (#3).

4. When the 'Save As' window pops up, navigate to the folder you want to save the file in and save. (You can also change the file's save name to suit if you wish.)

If the above doesn't work, it potentially indicates that you might not have a VSTi soft synth set-up in your midi drivers.

To double-check this, follow the 1,2,3,4,5 shown on IMAGE 2 below.

1. Select "Options | Preferences" (#1, #2).

2. From the window that opens, select "MIDI Driver" (#3).

3. Select "Microsoft GS Wavetable synth" (#4).

4. As shown on the image, make sure that the two check boxes are selected (#5) and that the VSTi/DXi soft synth chosen is "Coyote WT" (#5).

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
manually render.JPG (33.19 KB, 153 downloads)
IMAGE 1... alternative rendering approach
midi driver vsti.JPG (102.21 KB, 153 downloads)
IMAGE 2... setting up a suitable softsynth for rendering to wav

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #409620 04/27/17 08:02 AM
P
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
P
You're solution has sorted it . It is now working now O Good Man and thankyou!

Veteran
Veteran
Which solution, Paul? (If you can be a little more specific, it will help others who might have a similar problem in the future.)

I'm glad you've got it working!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
P
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
P
Ummm, I hate to say this lads but it's worked once and no more . Is this function reliable? It produces a wav file now but there is nothing in it !

Veteran
Veteran
Paul,

The function works for me. I'm presently beta testing build #463.

Did you try the 'right-click on track' and then manually save the file as suggested above? (I prefer this method over DragDrop because it allows me to save the file in a specific folder.)

Which of my suggestions above allowed you to save the WAV file?

Also, can you do the following...

1. Load the file that you created and are trying to save WAVs from.

2. Switch to the standard mode (if you are in the full screen mode) - pressing CTRL+T will do this.

3. Press Print Screen to capture an image of your screen.

4. Paste the image into Paint and then save it as JPG.

5. Upload the image so that we can see it.

As a reference, what I'd like to be able to see is the same view as shown by my screen capture below (when your song file is loaded).

The below link will take you to a post that explains how to upload an image.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=386690#Post386690

Lastly, I notice that you mention that you have build #459. It's worth downloading build 462 from the below link and installing it. This might solve the problem.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
screen capture.jpg (256.32 KB, 141 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #409636 04/27/17 09:39 AM
P
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
P
I added a folder DragDrop and it worked once but hasn't worked again.

Noel96 #409639 04/27/17 09:54 AM
P
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
P
Thanks for the help lads but I'm sending BIAB back . I've written loads of songs, over a hundred over the last three years (see below) writing in the midi parts and using the odd sample and I'm too used to the very direct control of doing that as time consuming as it is . BIAB is a great program but not for me. Thanks again everyone.

https://soundcloud.com/paul-saunders-priem

https://www.youtube.com/user/paulpriem/videos

Veteran
Veteran
All the best, Paul.

That's why PG Music offer the 30-day money back guarantee.... so that you can try the program out and see if it's suitable for you or not.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
OK, There is a problem here. Did you guys actually play the files?

I tried the very same style and using the Drag Button, dragged and dropped a RT with midi out - worked fined just as expected.

But when I tried the same with .wav output, it saved the 33 MB file but NO Sound when played! Plays fine in BIAB, but not when dragged to desktop via the drag button. Even when I just dragged from the Radio button to the desktop, no sound!

In my case the .wav file is there, just no sound. My 30 days is long gone and I have a better understanding and appreciation for the nuances of BIAB, but this would be concerning for a newbee.

Old .wav files present in my dragdrop folder play fine, but not anything from this current attempt.

I got the current version of BIAB 2017 v462

Last edited by MusicStudent; 04/27/17 03:02 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
Dan,

I tried it and it worked for me. I'm not sure what's happening. To be safe, I've reported this thread to Support so that they can test it out.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #409726 04/27/17 11:06 PM
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
Hello, excuse me for my English I am French and I use a translator.
For me the drag and drop works well what no longer works is the drag drop of a region for example: on a grid of 32 measurements, I select from measure 8 to measure 12, on a midi track not Of problem I have my 5 measurements on my daw or on the desk but for a real track it will make a drag drop from the measure 1 to 32 be the entire track this since the update build 458 here if someone could test for Confirm this bug thank you and good day to all.
Cordially.
Balbuena

Original message

Bonjours, excuser moi pour mon anglais je suis Français et j’utilise un traducteur.
Pour moi le glisser et déposez fonctionne bien ce qui ne fonctionne plus actuellement c’est le glisser déposez d’une région par exemple : sur une grille de 32 mesures, je sélectionne de la mesure 8 à la mesure 12, sur une piste midi pas de problème j’ai mes 5 mesures sur mon daw ou sur le bureau mais pour une real track il feras un glisser déposez de la mesure 1à 32 soit la piste entière cela depuis la mise à jour build 458 voilà si quelqu’un pouvais tester pour confirmer ce bug merci et bonne journée à toute et à tous.
Cordialement.
Balbuena

Noel96 #409738 04/28/17 02:10 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Dan,

I tried it and it worked for me. I'm not sure what's happening. To be safe, I've reported this thread to Support so that they can test it out.

Regards,
Noel

Thanks for feedback. Actually dropdrag to the desktop is not my normal workflow. I generally drag straight into Reaper. So I was a bit surprized when the desktop workflow failed. But I will figure it out this weekend. I think I have seen this behavior before (maybe a RTFS or reboot). But I do sympathize with newbees who are just trying to develop their workflows.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

balbuena #409739 04/28/17 02:12 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: balbuena
Hello, excuse me for my English I am French and I use a translator.
For me the drag and drop works well what no longer works is the drag drop of a region for example: on a grid of 32 measurements, I select from measure 8 to measure 12, on a midi track not Of problem I have my 5 measurements on my daw or on the desk but for a real track it will make a drag drop from the measure 1 to 32 be the entire track this since the update build 458 here if someone could test for Confirm this bug thank you and good day to all.
Cordially.
Balbuena

Original message

Bonjours, excuser moi pour mon anglais je suis Français et j’utilise un traducteur.
Pour moi le glisser et déposez fonctionne bien ce qui ne fonctionne plus actuellement c’est le glisser déposez d’une région par exemple : sur une grille de 32 mesures, je sélectionne de la mesure 8 à la mesure 12, sur une piste midi pas de problème j’ai mes 5 mesures sur mon daw ou sur le bureau mais pour une real track il feras un glisser déposez de la mesure 1à 32 soit la piste entière cela depuis la mise à jour build 458 voilà si quelqu’un pouvais tester pour confirmer ce bug merci et bonne journée à toute et à tous.
Cordialement.
Balbuena

Best to start a new thread [dragdrop 2] to avoid confusion and get you the quickest response. I think this tread has a few more entries before it done.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
Paul, I asked about the build number, and you are four builds behind. Build 463 was just released. Give that a try.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
S
S
Hi,

I can't use drag and drop features too.

I own Band-in-a-Box® Pro with RealBand 2017 on Windows 10. I've upgraded to Windows Build 463.

Attached is a screenshot of error message while trying to drag and drop between BIAB and RealBand:

I can't drag and drop to file explorer too. I got the same error message.

Veteran
Veteran
I'm back and after 20 minutes of messin with it, I can tell you the Drag and Drop works fine.

But that is 20 minutes i will never get back. I first rebooted the PC. No joy still no sound on the dragged and dropped wav files. I opened them in Reaper and dispite the fact the file was 33Mb there was no wav form visible. I did take notice of an unusual message about "the render of midi was successful...", but this is entirely RTs and wav??

Went back to BIAB and tried my old trusted and true workflow of just dragging to Reaper. No joy, same thing as the other workflow.

I next hit return to factory setting (RTFS). Hit the play and the BIAB play back was a mess. So I exited and reopened. Opened all the same files and This time it was magic.

So what do we tell Newbees?

C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C
Yeah, I thought I saw another thread posted elsewhere, but this still seems to be a problem in both RB & BB. Yes, and it does start to drift off.

I'm hoping once my other audio interface gets here it will improve the situation. I don't think it's related, but I needed a new interface anyway. It seems random that some tracks are longer than the region selected.

And the last time I tried to do it, my DAW correctly recognized the midi drop as 65 bpm tempo of the song, but they wave files reported something like 129.5. The other times that I've tested it, my DAW(Mixcraft) has always detected the correct tempo from the waves.

I know it's suppose to be set before, and that is how it was working, but there does seem to be an issue that creeps up. Or am I just missing something?
~Thanks!

Last edited by CoolBreeze; 12/11/17 08:54 AM.

Windows 10 build 16299
2018 Ultra
Intel i5-3550 @ 3.3GHz
p8z77-v pro
RAM: 32GB
Roland V-Studio 100
Alesis VX49

https://soundcloud.com/dirtbom/
Veteran
Veteran
Just a guess, but when you select a RealTrack (or RealDrum) in BIAB, you can specify the timebase as Normal, Half-time or Double-time. Could your problem be because of one of these?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C
I don't think so but I can check. It's the same behavior in RB, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with some plugins and/or my audio setup.

I haven't sent in any crash logs yet, but I've had plenty from trying out different VSTi's. I'm sure the feature is working for other people.

Windows 10 build 16299
2018 Ultra
Intel i5-3550 @ 3.3GHz
p8z77-v pro
RAM: 32GB
Roland V-Studio 100
Alesis VX49

https://soundcloud.com/dirtbom/
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
Hello me too I have problems, the gold that I try a slip deposited from a selected region for example 4 bars, it works once and when I try a second time always on 4 selected bars it m export the whole track thank you good day

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,581
Posts734,680
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200