Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie, I found a couple for you to choose from:

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2017-05-09_12-22-24.jpg (42.27 KB, 176 downloads)
2017-05-09_12-21-12.jpg (125.14 KB, 176 downloads)
2017-05-09_12-24-27.jpg (84.44 KB, 176 downloads)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I can't imagine the amount of damage I would do trying to back that thing up!!

Well, actually, I can, so I won't be buying one like that!

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
I can't imagine the amount of damage I would do trying to back that thing up!!
Well, actually, I can, so I won't be buying one like that!

OK. I'm still trying.

This? Or maybe somewhere in between?

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2017-05-09_22-25-09.jpg (65.55 KB, 159 downloads)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
hahaha.. love the "Eddie lives here" note.

Bear in mind, Eddie, if you buy something like the "EddieLivesHereMobile" shown above, you can generate extra retirement income by selling ice cream to the tourists.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I made a decision over the last couple of weeks that is truly going to be life changing. I don't use that kind of term loosely, so this truly will be life changing for me.

As I have been doing renovations and upgrades to my house, all with an eye on selling next year and moving, I realized that about 45% of my monthly income has been going into the house. 45%!! Mortgage, utilities, cable/internet... throw the car payment in there, and credit cards, and I have no money to do anything other than work on the house. To sell it.

Well, I am 99% sure I am going to get drastic and make a life adjustment. Since I really don't play anymore, I have started selling off my gear. 3 keyboards (of 7) and a rack piece are gone already. Another rack piece will be seen tomorrow. All the money I make on that stuff is going to a separate bank account. That bank account will be earmarked for a Class C motor home, and by a year from now I plan to be living on the road for the rest of my time on earth. It will be a change to live in 160 sq ft, but my life is so full of excesses and repetitions (7 keyboards?) that paring down is a good idea.

I retired 17 days after I turned 62. The idea was that I would travel. I want to walk in both oceans. I want to see the Grand Canyon. I want to walk my dog on the trails of The Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I want to spend winters in Arizona and summers in the mountains. It is the house and related bills keeping me from doing that. I can either do "the house" or I can do "the travel", but not both. I have been pricing used motor homes, researching solar power, wifi and cellular amplifiers, talking to friends that I never met who have been doing this for 25 years. The concept of solar power for those times I am not near civilization is not really all that difficult to grasp. 2 panels on the roof, feeding 2 pairs of 6v AMG deep cycle golf cart batteries wired in series to become 12v, and a good 1000w pure sine wave inverter will cost me about $1000. That means $1000 for my electric power forever, vs the $75 a month I pay here. With no oceans and mountains. Just a couch. I'll take my 32" flat panel into the motor home, change to unlimited data, and stream TV from my laptop via Chromecast. I also have a Firestick and a Roku (another repetition).

I remember the drive and passion I had when I was working on my CD. I have the same kind of passion for this right now, and I hope it doesn't fade. Winters in Arizona, New Mexico or Florida, summers in TN, SC, NC... sounds like a life I will love. And worst case, if I hate it after a year or so, I can always settle back down somewhere.

So I have a lot to do. Computers I do not use need to be sold, etc. I have a year but some of this stuff can start going right now and the money go into the RV fund. All of you PG people around the country, beware!! I will be pulling into your yard in a couple of years! LOL!!

Why not rent one first? Take a couple months, head to California, and see how you like it. You could rent the same style camper you're thinking of buying, and get some real world experience with it.

Pacific Coast Highway from Santa Barbara to Big Sur is beautiful this time of year. wink

http://www.cruiseamerica.com/

(This was Penny's idea, BTW)

Regards,

Bob

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Best of luck Eddie, hope it all works out great.

We have thought about getting a travel home in the past, not an expensive one mind you.

One of the things that has put us slightly off( as I'm not a DIY mechanic sort of person) I just got the impression that its better knowing a bit and being able to fix the engine or other stuiff yourself should something go wrong.

Or does it really matter?

Musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Best of luck Eddie, hope it all works out great.

We have thought about getting a travel home in the past, not an expensive one mind you.

One of the things that has put us slightly off( as I'm not a DIY mechanic sort of person) I just got the impression that its better knowing a bit and being able to fix the engine or other stuiff yourself should something go wrong.

Or does it really matter?

Musiclover

I'll say, "being handy with tools and having mechanical skill is a huge benefit for any RVer." One of my RV friends is usually quite frustrated by his lack of handyman skills. Always asking for my help. I was an auto tech for 23 years and now fix motorcycles by trade. I can fix most things around the house and RV. Even electrical stuff. I'm just blessed with a knack. So, I'd say yes it matters. But, if you have lots of money, which I don't, then you have the equalizer.

Does the noise in your head bother me ?
Off-Topic
L
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
L
VideoTrack:
My first thought with the VW camper was ... where's the motor???
Thanks for posting that!

LLOYD S

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Lloyd S
VideoTrack:
My first thought with the VW camper was ... where's the motor???

My guess would be "In the bedroom."

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Pat, I fear that if I had the VW BugMobile, the stencil would say "Hey kids! I have candy!"

It IS cute though!

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Cute if you want your feet hanging out.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Pat, I fear that if I had the VW BugMobile, the stencil would say "Hey kids! I have candy!"

well there you go! A second way to get out from under the high cost of home ownership: go to jail and let the taxpayers put the roof over your head!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Here's a tip:

If you don;t have automatic leveling jacks, be sure to get a socket and extension that fits the jack's bolt and an nice 1/2" cordless drill to turn it. Sure beats cranking those jacks by hand.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Here's a tip:

If you don;t have automatic leveling jacks, be sure to get a socket and extension that fits the jack's bolt and an nice 1/2" cordless drill to turn it. Sure beats cranking those jacks by hand.

Been there, done that.
Keep in mind, most scissor style levelers designed for hand cranking are not "levelers". They are stabilizers to reduce bouncing and rocking once you are set up. If you crank them too much in an attempt to "level" the unit you end up flexing the frame in such a way that your doors and windows don't open and close properly. So, be sure of what they are designed for. If that door jamming or not closing properly situation happens then you probably have "stabilizers" not levelers. And, if so, level first by finding a fairly level spot, use a rake and shovel to get one of the wheel spots closer, then get one wheel up on those little yellow plastic blocks or 2 x 8 wood ramps. Then stabilize it with light cranking on the stabilizers. The X jammers between the wheels really help too. They reduce tire bounce and front to rear sway which is a big part of the instability.

Does the noise in your head bother me ?
Off-Topic
L
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
L
Eddie said: "The vehicle I will buy will be a glorified van rather than a true motorcoach.", about 18 feet I believe.

I seriously doubt if it would have levelers and likely wouldn't need stabilizers. The smallest of motorhomes, even 18-24 feet are made wider and can benefit from stabilizers, but just a camperized van wouldn't do much "rockin' and rollin'", that is, under "normal use" whatever that might be <grin>.

LLOYD S

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I want to walk my dog on the trails of The Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Before I developed Charcot's Arthropathy a couple of years ago, I was an avid backpacker and the Great Smoky Mountains national park was one of my favorite places to go. I have logged several thousand miles of hiking in the back country there since my first trip back in 1972.

Pets are banned from all of the serious hiking trails in GSMNP. They allow pets on only two small walking paths in the park; one at the Sugarland Visitors Center, and the other at the visitors center in Cherokee.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: KeithS
Pets are banned from all of the serious hiking trails in GSMNP. They allow pets on only two small walking paths in the park; one at the Sugarland Visitors Center, and the other at the visitors center in Cherokee.

I read that on the National Parks web site Keith, but I should clarify that my idea of hiking is likely not the same as yours, given that you logged that many miles. My knees have so few steps left in them that 1 mile is about it at one time for me. So a half mile out and a half mile back. Thus the "kiddie path" will pretty much be where we go.

I hate getting old ungracefully.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Today's update!!

Last week I stopped in to see a motor home they had after having a talk with myself and agreeing that this was NOT the time to let the cheap Slovenian make the decision to go as cheap as possible. Those cheap old units would have probably gotten me about 79 feet from my driveway without the engine seizing or the transmission exploding, so I went ahead and decided that trading in F'n Jay and adding some money would be a big enough down payment to buy a more reliable one for more money.

So, the salesman took me by golf cart out to see a 25 ft unit. As we looked at it, he said "How did you know about this one? We just took it on a trade and it isn't on the web page yet." It turns out that it wasn't the one I thought I was seeing but it was a lot nicer. So, we went inside and talked turkey and I put on a deposit and gave them a credit app. He said it was a little different from buying a car so it might be a few days until they knew anything. That was Thursday.

Today about 1, the financing manager called and said the bank wanted $2000 more down before they would approve me. I told her I simply didn't have $2000 more than what I told them I could put down, so unless they raised the value of my trade by $2000, I guess we had no deal. And I said "I really didn't want bad news on my birthday." (And it IS my 66th birthday!) She said "My manager is here. Stay by the phone and I will call you right back."

She called in 5 minutes and said that he agreed to kick up my trade in to cover that $2000. She got me a loan for 10 years at 7.4%, and that works out to a monthly payment of $215 a month, $84 LESS than my FJ Cruiser payment. My eyes actually lit up when she said that, because at some point (ASAP) that $215 will replace my mortgage payment and car payment, or roughly $900 with $215.

So, bottom line, I pick it up Friday. My next task is to find an old beater Jeep Wrangler to use as a daily driver so I am not running errands in a 25ft motor home. And then if the Jeep is enough car to do so, make it my toad so I can bop around places in a Jeep instead of an RV.

I now have to push to get my house ready for sale. I have laminate flooring to go in the living room, and now a guy to install it. Then some "as little as possible" cosmetics, and I will list so I can start living in this!

Last edited by eddie1261; 06/28/17 02:04 AM.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Nice looking RV.

Charlie

EDIT: Also wishing you Happy Birthday.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 06/27/17 03:06 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Happy Birthday Eddie. That looks like one hell of a motor home!

Have fun and I hope your dream comes true very very soon.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,624
Posts735,212
Members38,521
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, Arnav Singh, vasilich, maxrob61
38,520 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185