Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#411529 05/09/17 08:22 AM
RealBand
2bSolo Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I have BIAB 2016. I am ready to mix a project in Real Band. I want to automate some volume changes. According to the online manual (Help), there is a button in the mixer window that records mixer moves only. I can't find that button. Can anyone help? Thanks.

i5-3210 laptop. Win 10 Home. 2.5ghz, 64 bit. 6gb RAM. Focusrite Scarlet 2i2.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Hello 2BSolo and welcome to the forum!

Put your mouse over the bottom of a track, left click and drag down the bottom of the track until a green line shows up. The green line is the automated volume control.

Click on the green line to create a node then drag the node up to increase volume & drag the node down to decrease volume.

See photo below.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
RB Volume Automation.jpg (184.59 KB, 186 downloads)

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
RealBand
2bSolo Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks, Jim. That helps a lot!

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Also, on the Mixer screen should be a"record mixer moves" button. Open the pdf manual and search for "mixer moves" and you will find the section that explains it.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
RealBand
Expert
Expert
On my monitor screen I have to close my task bar to see the record mixer moves button in the mixer window. Maybe this info will help someone.

Does the noise in your head bother me ?
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Tobias, it would help to know the screen resolution you are referring to.
Right click on your empty desktop and check your display/screen resolution.

If I recall, 1440 wide or below (or so) has had some issues like this.

If I hover on the button pointed to below, I get the displayed tooltip.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
recordmixermoves.jpg (201.13 KB, 158 downloads)

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
Expert
Expert
1280 X 720. All of those RB tool buttons are covered by my computers task bar. I think it has something to do with my screen being my older Emerson HDTV 32 inch Flat Screen and the compromise setting I found so that I don't have to change anything when I unplug the HDMI big screen and use only my laptop screen.
I set my task bar to auto-hide and reveal when I move the cursor down there quickly. But, I often move too quick and have to wait for it to auto-hide again to access items in my programs. Same issue with Reaper. The transport is partly behind my task bar. I've come to tolerate it.

My previous reply was intended to help anyone who could not find the Record Mixer Moves button in case they had a similar issue.

It would be nice if RB went into a vertical and horizontal scroll bar when changing size. But, as far as I know it does not. Or, better yet; a total resize/reshape when changing size.

Does the noise in your head bother me ?
RealBand
2bSolo Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks for showing me that, rharv. I see where it ought to be but I can't find it. I am working on a laptop, so maybe my resolution is too low to see it.

I have other questions that I will put in another post.

RealBand
2bSolo Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I just checked. My screen resolution is 1366 x 768. Guess that's why I can't see that button.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
EDIT;
I just tested with reduced monitor resolution settings, and experienced different results than expected.

Apparently it may work if you use 'Maximize' on the Mixer window instead of making it smaller, (which was my previous instinct). Apparently that makes the window aspect ratio adjust to make these settings available. At least it did here.
I tested at 1280 and 1360 (both lower than 1440 so hoping that may be the ticket)

MixerBottom.jpg (35.86 KB, 135 downloads)
Last edited by rharv; 05/12/17 01:54 PM.

RealBand
2bSolo Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Way to go, rharv! That did it. Thanks.

RealBand
Del Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi everyone,
I'm using the gain nodes trying to fade in a guitar track. I start out with the gain node at -64 at the beginning of the song and increase the gain node to 0db around 10 measures into the song. It sounds perfect when I play it in RealBand but when I render the song using 'Render/merge audio and VSTi/DXi tracks to stereo wave file' there is no fade in of the guitar track. I hear the guitar at full volume from the start of the wave file.

I tried a different .SEQ file this morning and it acts the same way. Once in every 6-8 render attempts, I hear the fade in of the track so I am quite confused as to what this problem is.

Just wondering if anyone on the forum has experienced this or if it is something that I have screwed up on my own.

Last edited by Del; 05/16/17 05:05 AM.

Del
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Is this guitar track Audio or MIDI (have to ask).

Look in the Event Editor for any unexpected CC entries.

May want to check the setting for Prefs - MIDI - MIDI Out, and see if it is looking for the most recent controller and other Controller related options also.

What Audio drivers are you using?
ASIO or MME?
If MME then the playback CC changes can be delayed. If you adjust them for playback (to where they don't 'look right' but play back right, you can mess up the Render (which has no delay).

If using MME you may hear a delay from what you see to what you hear, but it will look right during playback.
When Rendering it will adjust be correct.
So (again if using MME) if you instead adjusted the Nodes to look wrong but play back right, they may be wrong at Render, as you adjusted for the delay which then disappears..

Hope that makes sense.
ASIO is a more accurate representation of the render.
Also, what version are you using?

RealBand
Del Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
Rharv,
I'm using Realband 2017 ver 7

The guitar track is a mono audio I recorded. I also tried a stereo real track and that acted the same. I've also tried two different .SEQ files

I have many entries in the event list for this track and don't know how to clear them out. (Edit: Deleted 1 at a time and got those cleared out.)

Tried Gain Node again with -64 db for 1st 30 seconds of song and -9 db after 30 seconds. Now I only see 3 entries in the event list for that track talking about controller 102 going from level 0 to level 55 at measure 20.

MIDI output driver is Microsoft MIDI mapper

Audio drivers are MME

I'm not sure what you mean by 'CC' changes looking right. I don't know what CC stands for.

I must be missing something obvious if it works for others. I've recorded a lot of songs with Realband but haven't used the Gain Node lines before.

Last edited by Del; 05/16/17 05:04 PM.

Del
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
CC Changes are 'Control Changes' but only affect MIDI data. As yours is Audio, this is most unlikely to be related - unless the Control Change messages are used in RealBand to control audio levels, that I'm not sure of. RHarv?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
CC Changes are 'Control Changes' but only affect MIDI data. As yours is Audio, this is most unlikely to be related - unless the Control Change messages are used in RealBand to control audio levels, that I'm not sure of. RHarv?

CC are MIDI only. However if one has a MIDI controlled effect on an audio track then yes a CC will change an audio track via the effect. For instance adding a reverb only on certain sections of the song by raising and lowering the reverb effect level via MIDI.

Last edited by MarioD; 05/17/17 04:08 AM.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
RealBand
Del Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks VideoTrack and MarioD,
The tracks I'm trying to control are strictly audio with no MIDI effects or other effects.

Del
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Even if it is an Audio track, the volume Nodes show in the Event Editor as MIDI.
Go figger .. PGMusic products are MIDI based at their core in my experience.
So I expect it there.
This is the biggest reason that using the Resolution setting in RB is huge (something I say many times but it seems like many users don't get it). Audio Edits, Nodes, MIDI Events; everything becomes more accurate if you adjust Resolution to the max. (Edit-Resolution)

Historically there was a version or three where the audio event triggers were actually displayed in the same window (triggering separate audio events, like after doing edits or recording/generating different sections), but not recently.
I'd prefer to still see them, but I mentioned it once in this forum and it quickly disappeared (not the post, but rather this 'feature') .. at least in my eyes it was a feature.

The image below shows an example of the 1st paragraph above

MIDI-EventForAudio.jpg (53.48 KB, 108 downloads)

RealBand
Del Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the information! I'll set my resolution to max also and give it a whirl. I've noticed audio edits are hard to do at the 120 resolution that mine was set at but I didn't know what that setting was for.

On a side note, is there a way to delete everything at once in the event list for a track? I about 100 events in a track yesterday that I had to delete one at a time.

Last edited by Del; 05/17/17 03:10 PM.

Del
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Edit-Cut (?)
Make sure the 'Events' check box is enabled .. or what ever type of data you are trying to remove.

If you need to remove only certain data, enable the Data Filter check box .. this allows multiple layers of filtering options on the Cut.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,478
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195