Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
This song was originally done in 1959 by Dion and The Belmonts. There are a bunch of different versions done by others. From what I can gather it was originally written for Peggy Lee. Anyway give this a listen and let me know what you think.

The vocals aren't too good because I've lost my singing voice. Now it's just an old man's voice. laugh

This song was composed by me in BIAB and Real Band only. I didn't use my harmony pedal. I used the TCHelicon for my harmonies. The only thing not used in this song that Real Band and BIAB didn't create was my voice. I did both the lead vocals and harmony.

You can click here----> Where or when

I'm looking for a sax player who wants to collaborate with me on this song. I've thought about playing a guitar part but I think the sax is the way to go with it.

Russ
Anyday above ground is a good day

Computer is Hp Pavillion Vision
6 Ghz quad core AMD processor
8 Gig memory
1 TB hard drive
6 GB hard drive
Windows 7 Premium
Loose nut behind the keyboard laugh

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Have you tried any of the sax solo RealTracks, Russ?

Good to hear from you again.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey Bob. You too. I don't know about the sax solos. Guess I'll give it a whirl. Thanks for the idea.

BTW, I still have the T-shirt I won from you. Still wear it and it still looks good. wink

Russ

8 Gig memory
1 TB hard drive
6 GB hard drive
Windows 7 Premium

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Oops! Did you give the song a listen? If you did you didn't comment. My voice ain't what it used to be Mate.

Russ

8 Gig memory
1 TB hard drive
6 GB hard drive
Windows 7 Premium

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Russell DeMussel
... From what I can gather it was originally written for Peggy Lee. Anyway give this a listen and let me know what you think.

Russ, when you mentioned Peggy Lee, I thought to myself, is that all there is? grin

I didn't mind the listen at all actually.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Russ,
Yeah I listened. Nothing wrong with the song. Looks like you figured out how to combine two of your favorite things with the video. That's always fun.

As far as your singing; it's just like any other skill set. If you don't use it regularly it takes some work to get back to where you were. I had that experience recently when I let my bass sit in its case for a couple years.
It took a good hour before we felt like friends again.
It wasn't bad, but it wasn't your best singing I've heard. I'm guessing you just haven't been practicing much lately.

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
You're right Bob. I haven't been doing anything music in the last 4 years. I've been playing with my radio controlled airplanes and drones. Lots of fun but it can get expensive. I've lost 5 planes and one drone at the flying field. frown

I got a wild hair last week about this song. For some reason it started haunting me. I had to compose and make it mine. This is after the Dion and the Belmonts version. Not exactly the way they did it but the beats still there.

On another note ... I tried to use a real instrument sax. Out of all the hundreds of sax's in RB there was only one country melody. The sax originally in this song is laid back and bluesy. RB doesn't come close. All the rest of the sax's are ... you guessed it ... JAZZ! mad Man! I wish these real instruments could follow a midi track that I create.

Russ

8 Gig memory
1 TB hard drive
6 GB hard drive
Windows 7 Premium

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
The vocals on this one sound better to me, alth', not real together. This is a total redo on the vocals.
Where or when

Russ

8 Gig memory
1 TB hard drive
6 GB hard drive
Windows 7 Premium

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
This sounds really good Russ. I liked the oohs and aahs in the background. The harmonies were pretty good also.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Mario. I appreciate that. But I'm going to do some more wizardry on it. The vocals aren't real tight and I want it perfect. Your feedback is very helpful. It shows I still have my stuff. Just gotta pick up on some things I've forgotten.

Question. Is there a place on PGMusic where I can post my cover music? I see a place for originals but nowhere for cover songs. I like to produce 'em my way. grin

Russ

8 Gig memory
1 TB hard drive
6 GB hard drive
Windows 7 Premium

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
You can't post on the PGMusic site directly; however, you can post it on YouTube (your "movie" can be the text of the song title), then post the link on the YouTube Forum page. however, YouTube may or may not flag it for copyright issues.

Youtube has software that automatically identifies copyrighted music. The software seems to be pretty good, but it isn't perfect. When it detects copyrighted music, whether a cover version or the original recording, it sends out an automatic message telling you that you may have violated someone's copyright -- and it gives you a chance to protest.

Now, assuming that you don't respond, or you do respond, but they determine that you have violated copyright, they give the option to the copyright holder of what they want to do: 1) remove the video 2) remove the audio track from the video 3) place ads on the video to make money 3) do nothing.

Some copyright holders automatically have everything removed. Some don't seem to do anything. And some places ads within minutes of your posting the offending video.

Remember, the people who make the decision are not necessarily the actual copyright holder, but rather some company that handles these issues.

Just be aware that you may get such a notice; although it seems that most publishers go with the "ad" on your video solution rather than a cease and desist (I say only based on the preponderance of cover versions available for which I'm pretty folks didn't purchase the actual license to post it).

You takes yer chances...

But, it's a definite no-no to post a cover version on the User Showcase Forum.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Sounds great Russ. my only nitpick would to be add a little chorus to the lead vocal?

You still got it friend wink

Trax

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Trax. Great to see you're still hovering around here. To the others here, I've posted this on facebook and have led the link here. I don't know if it's alright with Pgmusic or not. If it's not here on this forum physically then I guess no one cares if I post it. If so then that's great.

Thanks again guys,

Russ

8 Gig memory
1 TB hard drive
6 GB hard drive
Windows 7 Premium

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Trax, what do you mean by chorus? I'm confused here. confused

Russ

8 Gig memory
1 TB hard drive
6 GB hard drive
Windows 7 Premium

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
I think Trax means like a 'doubling' of the lead vocals. (correct me if I'm wrong Trax)
A Chorus effect can do this, or recording it again on another track .. or .. lots of ways to do it.

A compression/reverb combination may be another option.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rharv
I think Trax means like a 'doubling' of the lead vocals. (correct me if I'm wrong Trax)
A Chorus effect can do this, or recording it again on another track .. or .. lots of ways to do it.

A compression/reverb combination may be another option.

If this is correct waves has doubling VST, see here:

http://www.waves.com/plugins/doubler

This effect takes your vocal and doubles, triples or quadruples it, your choice. You can spread and detune each vocal a few cents to give that chorus effect. I use this one quite a bit.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Use the Ol PG Plug In - Chorus in Biab/RB as a DXI effect. It adds a lil "color" or fatness to the lead vox.

Lead vox sounded a lil dry to my ears :P

Trax

RealBand
I
Expert
Expert
I
Chours would be a great choice because the chours effec is made up of a delay set to different of amount of time that is modulated to create the sound of a real chours, a bunch of instruments or vocals being preformed at the smae time. However, you could also take a vocal track and use a pitch shifter to give the illusion of background singers or extra voclas tracks.

Computer: Macbook Pro, 16 inch 2021
DAWs: Pro Tools, Logic, and Maschine
plays drums, percussion, bass, steel pan, keyboard,
music producer/engineer
RealBand
I
Expert
Expert
I
Originally Posted By: Muzic Trax
Use the Ol PG Plug In - Chorus in Biab/RB as a DXI effect. It adds a lil "color" or fatness to the lead vox.

Lead vox sounded a lil dry to my ears :P

Trax

Be careful about how much you use. If you use a lot of chours you voclas will end up sound like a chessy Science fiction movie.

Computer: Macbook Pro, 16 inch 2021
DAWs: Pro Tools, Logic, and Maschine
plays drums, percussion, bass, steel pan, keyboard,
music producer/engineer
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,400
Posts732,554
Members38,443
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199