Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Early yesterday morning I downloaded and installed the 464 update and was excited to see if my problems would be gone.... First try was to generate a new song using real track, Tried the dropbox for midi and it worked ! I was sooooo happy...
But then, I loaded one of my 2016 songs and tried again. This time BANG, BiaB crashed ! I was thinking some really bad words, but wanted to see if it was because it was a track made in 2016, so I restarted and generated a new track with RT, and BANG, same happen again ! This time not immediately, but all the other tracks that was turned to mute did not made it back from muted as i use to do. So, when I tried to unn mute those tracks, BiaB crashed... Tried several times, and crashed every time I tried... Never crashed before, just did nothing...

Forever Grateful, BUT, sometimes pissed of. wink
Trygve "Leo" Larsen
BiaB 2020, Windows 8.1, Intel Core i5 CPU, 270GHz, 32 Gb RAM
My OLD tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen My NEW is unpublished
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.
Veteran
Veteran
Trygve,

If this was happening to me, I'd go to the Support site and download update 463 and install it. Doing this takes the program back to the previous update.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Apprentice
Apprentice
Trygve, you need to take your computer to the shop and have the RAM and/or HD revised/replaced.

BIAB is NOT at fault here. Your computer is.

HTH,

Last edited by LtKojak; 05/20/17 12:56 AM.

Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
Milano, Italy
https://soundcloud.com/theodore-kojak/tracks
Hy-Bro Test Sound Files
Veteran
Veteran
Trygve,

Just to double-check...

You mentioned earlier that you have everything installed on your computer's internal hard drive.

Does this mean that you run your computer without the Audiophile drive plugged in?

If you do keep the USB drive plugged in for the wav file Realtracks and Realdrums, could you unplug it for the moment so that you are running entirely from your computer. You will need to go into the Realtrack preferences and Realdrum preferences and remove the checkmark from "Use a custom folder for Realtracks/Realdrums" if the audio drive was used for wav files. (When trying to sort out problems, I've found that it's much better to keep it simple to begin with.)

With the above in mind, I'd like to go back to square 1 at the moment.

I need to make sure that your MIDI and audio drivers are suitably set.

1. Select "Options | Preferences".

2. Click on the "MIDI Driver" button. (It's on the top row of buttons and 5th from the left.)

Now... as shown on the image below...

3. Select "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" (#1 on image).

4. Where the image shows 'Cakewalk TTS-1' in #2 and #5, click on both these buttons and select Coyote WT from the drop down menus.

5. Make sure that checkboxes #3 and #4 are selected (as shown).

6. On button #7, check that MME is selected as the audio driver. If it is not, click on the button and set it. (MME is always the best audio driver to use when solving problems.)

When you set this up, what did you have to change?

Also, give the above settings a trial test without the USB drive plugged in and let me know how things went.

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
midi setup VSTi 2017.JPG (85.84 KB, 112 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
Been putting 464 through it paces on a project this morning with no problems so far (now that I discovered this Soundtrack Melody Maker stuff) . My workflow is generally simple where I rough everything out and then move tracks to my DAW. But I am not shy about letting you know if a problem is found.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
it definitely is the update 464.(out of memory errors)

just reinstalled update 463, and everything works again flawlessly...

R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
hi Trygve

I reinstalled 463, works fine again...problem isnot your computer

Veteran
Veteran
Trygve,

When you were having the above problems did you exit and restart BIAB?

As mentioned in a much earlier post, when I ran into problems from using the Soundtrack Generator, I restarted BIAB and all was well. Do your 2016 files play ok if you do that?

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Trygve,

Just to double-check...

You mentioned earlier that you have everything installed on your computer's internal hard drive.

Does this mean that you run your computer without the Audiophile drive plugged in?

If you do keep the USB drive plugged in for the wav file Realtracks and Realdrums, could you unplug it for the moment so that you are running entirely from your computer. You will need to go into the Realtrack preferences and Realdrum preferences and remove the checkmark from "Use a custom folder for Realtracks/Realdrums" if the audio drive was used for wav files. (When trying to sort out problems, I've found that it's much better to keep it simple to begin with.)

With the above in mind, I'd like to go back to square 1 at the moment.

I need to make sure that your MIDI and audio drivers are suitably set.

1. Select "Options | Preferences".

2. Click on the "MIDI Driver" button. (It's on the top row of buttons and 5th from the left.)

Now... as shown on the image below...

3. Select "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" (#1 on image).

4. Where the image shows 'Cakewalk TTS-1' in #2 and #5, click on both these buttons and select Coyote WT from the drop down menus.

5. Make sure that checkboxes #3 and #4 are selected (as shown).

6. On button #7, check that MME is selected as the audio driver. If it is not, click on the button and set it. (MME is always the best audio driver to use when solving problems.)

When you set this up, what did you have to change?

Also, give the above settings a trial test without the USB drive plugged in and let me know how things went.

Regards,
Noel

Thank's a lot again Noel... No, I did not install all, just the option 2 in the installation procedure.. Only the WMA files...

Today I installed BB on my laptop to see if the same happen, I followed ur description here to the letter, after installing the 463 update.. Exactly the same happen on my laptop as on my desktop...

I first generated a new song with real track, dragged 3 of the tacks to the midi drop station, and it worked fine, except when I tried to auditioned it within BB. No sound. But when I open the the folder and played the files with WMP, there was sound.

Tried it with two different songs, and no problems. Then I open my song from 2016 and tried to drop one real track to the midi drop station, and BANG, BB crashed again ! All the other tracks went red first, but when i tried to do anything, BANG.

But hey, wait... When I was writing this, I was thinking, let me try just one more track, so I open just now, another 2016 track, and to my surprise, it worked ! Hm...

Could it be just that one track I always tried, because this track I need the midi for in a project, is corrupted? Because I observed something strange when I open it, that the name of the song was no longer the name of the file I open, but the name of another song of me... Hm.. Have to try more tracks now...

Yepps yepps, IT WORKS ! Just tried 3 other tracks from 2016 and all 3 worked...

So ok, just have to use another song for my project..

Thank's a lot again for all ur patient work to help me out Joel

Trygve "Leo" Larsen
My OLD tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen My NEW is unpublished
Veteran
Veteran
Trygve,

Quote:

That's good to hear!

It is possible that the file that's causing the crahsing is corrupted. As I said somewhere else to you recently, it's rare but it happens.

You could try this...

1. Open the problem file in Realband.

2. Save it as an MGU/SGU file with a new name. (You'll need to select this save type since Realband defaults to SEQ.)

3. Open the new named file in BIAB.

I've done this occasionally and it seems to fix some files (not all, though).

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Trygve,

Quote:

That's good to hear!

It is possible that the file that's causing the crahsing is corrupted. As I said somewhere else to you recently, it's rare but it happens.

You could try this...

1. Open the problem file in Realband.

2. Save it as an MGU/SGU file with a new name. (You'll need to select this save type since Realband defaults to SEQ).

3. Open the new named file in BIAB.

I've done this occasionally and it seems to fix some files (not all, though).

Regards,
Noel

You are an ANGEL Noel ! And a genius one too ! You saved my day and my project... Now I can finely go on with my project.. It's a music visualization project where I will upload my songs to youtube with visualization made with Magic Music. By using midi, so much cool stuf can be done.. I hope to be able to make something like this video; Youtube Video

Trygve "Leo" Larsen
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199