Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#414190 - 05/19/17 08:09 AM [Off-Topic] Crop circles and music and Noel96
Lloyd S Offline
Expert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrG-I7ejjZA

Watched a TV show last night that mentioned crop circles and how one mathematician figured out that one of them appeared to represent Pi.

While they were showing the various configurations of others that had been found, one of them "rang a bell" for me.

If you take a look at this youtube video and note the one at the 30 second mark, then take a look at Noel96's "avatar", you may find it's somewhat similar.

Perhaps "they" are already familiar with Nashville notation.
Perhaps Noel knows something we don't <grin>.
Care to comment Noel??!?

LLOYD S

#414700 - 05/22/17 03:33 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Crop circles and music and Noel96 [Re: Lloyd S]
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

Loc: Philippines
Interesting... Personally I am interested in this mystery about crop-circles and other unsolved mysteries in general...
Just wonder if there is more people like me in this forum?
My tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.

#414706 - 05/22/17 04:39 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Crop circles and music and Noel96 [Re: Lloyd S]
Lloyd S Offline
Expert

I like to watch the PBS-type shows regarding such things.
It sometimes gets to be a little bit much when they start on the "ancient astronaut theorists suggest ..." routines.

LLOYD S

#414710 - 05/22/17 05:06 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Crop circles and music and Noel96 [Re: Lloyd S]
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Lloyd S
I like to watch the PBS-type shows regarding such things.
It sometimes gets to be a little bit much when they start on the "ancient astronaut theorists suggest ..." routines.

LLOYD S

What is PBS shows? The biggest problem today, as I see it, is all the deliberated dis-info.. Hard to discern facts from fiction now a days.. Especially when we got to know that Sitchin was a Freemason... And so much of this ancient stuff is based on his books.. I just pick what makes sense to me and what can help me in my own life. Put up a simple pyramid is an easy thing to do, and we can see the result it has first hand...

#414774 - 05/23/17 06:34 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Crop circles and music and Noel96 [Re: Lloyd S]
Lloyd S Offline
Expert

PBS is the Public Broadcasting Service. It's a non-profit organization that airs shows of public interest. Then there's the National Geographic Channel and I also have 2 "History Channels", which are the ones that normally carry the "Alien Adventure" shows.

Lloyd S

#414878 - 05/23/17 08:14 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Crop circles and music and Noel96 [Re: Lloyd S]
Tobias Offline
Expert

Loc: Way too close to Palm Springs,...
That's right PBS is not the Philippine Broadcast System. laugh

This kind of stuff is interesting to me. But I'm more of a Nasca Lines sort of guy.

There's also that show that should have been named "NOT Finding Bigfoot".

I've been trying to convince a few people that big foot has multi-cross bred. The new Sasquatch is a Yeti Zombie that got bit by a Warewolf on the same night he was bitten by a Vampire. DracWolZomSquatch. Problem is there's no one way to kill this guy if you could ever find him in the first place. grin
Could he be in your neighborhood right now?

#414918 - 05/24/17 07:55 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Crop circles and music and Noel96 [Re: Lloyd S]
Lloyd S Offline
Expert

Tobias:

Yup, the Nasca Lines fascinate me.
And I do remember watching the Bigfoot program and thinking the same thing.
Like your multi-cross bred idea, is that your avatar? <grin>

LLOYD S

#414946 - 05/24/17 12:18 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Crop circles and music and Noel96 [Re: Tobias]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Tobias, have you noticed that since everyone now has a cell phone that takes pictures no one has taken a picture of Bigfoot!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - 2017 BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#414950 - 05/24/17 12:27 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Crop circles and music and Noel96 [Re: Lloyd S]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Lloyd,

Wow! That's spooky. Some of those really do look like the basis of my chord sequence road map! I'll have to think of it as my 'chord sequence crop circle map' now!

A very interesting find!

All the best,
Noel

#414988 - 05/24/17 04:50 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Crop circles and music and Noel96 [Re: Lloyd S]
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Lloyd S
PBS is the Public Broadcasting Service. It's a non-profit organization that airs shows of public interest. Then there's the National Geographic Channel and I also have 2 "History Channels", which are the ones that normally carry the "Alien Adventure" shows.

Lloyd S

Ah, ok.. Not watching TV anymore, but did a lot before, especially the channels u mentioned here. Now, I am more topic oriented and watching/downloading, when my connection allow for it, videos, PDF documents about stuff I want to learn more about, especially stuff that can be of any practical help for me in my own daily life/development....

#415074 - 05/25/17 08:25 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Crop circles and music and Noel96 [Re: MarioD]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Tobias, have you noticed that since everyone now has a cell phone that takes pictures no one has taken a picture of Bigfoot!

yet other legendary characters like Santa show up in photos ALL THE TIME!

#415247 - 05/26/17 12:58 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Crop circles and music and Noel96 [Re: Lloyd S]
Tobias Offline
Expert

Loc: Way too close to Palm Springs,...
Yeah, but DracWolZombSquatch doesn't have flying reindeer and he doesn't wear red, he doesn't eat cookies and can't fit down the chimney. I mean anybody who could do all that and fly around the world in one night really has nothing to hide. So, maybe people should give him/her the benefit of the doubt. Beside, maybe you have seen him/her. Have you ever seen a bat? A wolf? A person with a face so ugly they refuse to shave in fear of scaring somebody. Or, maybe he/she is completely ashamed of how ugly he/she is and that's why he/she has become good at avoiding cameras. And, maybe he/she is wifi and bluetooth sensitive so he/she knows when cameras and cell phone are in the vicinity. You gotta respect ones right to privacy you know. Or, maybe he/she is an alien with an invisible flying saucer. What about Chubacka? He's got to have a mommy from some planet somewhere in the galaxy. You just never know so,... anyway,... I don't want to judge. Especially when I don't have all the information.

#415278 - 05/26/17 04:52 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Crop circles and music and Noel96 [Re: Tobias]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Quote:
Have you ever seen a bat?

Yes. Quite often.
If you haven't, stop by the area. They aren't uncommon at all. I see them most every night once things thaw.
If you are talking baseball bats, Detroit area seems to have plenty of these too this year (when they're healthy).
<grin>

Quote:
A wolf?

again affirmative. Have not seen wolves around here (though they are back in the lower peninsula), it's the coyotes that are starting to make me nervous ..
my wolf encounters were in Boundary Waters
/Boundary Waters is awesome, but be prepared if you decide to do it, you're literally on your own for a few days, and then they expect to pick you up at another location in a 4,000,000 acre forest. Do not get lost.

#415346 - 05/27/17 07:17 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Crop circles and music and Noel96 [Re: Lloyd S]
Mike Head Offline
Apprentice

HI ALL
Just my take on all of this corn circle stuff.

Something I done a while back inspired by a field Corn Marigolds on one of my walkabouts.
Sort of circle theme based on a Bolero type rhythm. Using a simple nursery rhyme type phrase .

Circles In The Corn.
Now For Something Completely Different
If you ever played in a cornfield as a child you may remember a slightly uneasy feeling although it was fun, to me there was something a little bit scary, maybe it was just that the corn was so high and we were so small and shouldn’t have been there anyway.
So based on some of my darker childhood memories and many reports in the press over the years, of mysterious corn circles that appear over night. I have tried to put my thoughts into a sort of musical daydream.
The late afternoon sun glints on the cornfield children dance in circles in the corn until it time to go home for super.
Birds sing their last evening song and calm settles over the land.
As dusk turns to darkness a new sound comes from the corn, and something or someone else circles the corn, and dance through the night as if to imitate the children.
Early morning light brings back the birdsong and the cornfield begins to slowly wind its way back to normal.
The children return to dance and sing. And everything seems the same …. But maybe not quite…
(We are not alone)
Mike

link to boxnet for MP3
https://app.box.com/shared/uv5x4m2imp

You make like to visit my web site below for more music.
enjoy
Mike

Edited by Mike Head (05/27/17 08:34 AM)
Magix Music Maker2014, NI Kontakt5 + VSTs

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mikesmusic/

#415351 - 05/27/17 08:04 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Crop circles and music and Noel96 [Re: Lloyd S]
Lloyd S Offline
Expert

Thanks Mike.
Reminds me of the movie title "Children of the Corn".

LLOYD S

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Features a Cleaned-up BB Folder

If you've used previous versions of Band-in-a-Box®, you may have noticed a lot of different files and folders within the "BB" folder for the program - after years and years of development there are up to 10,000 files for an UltraPAK! With Version 2018, we've cleaned it up - but you're not losing anything - the cleanup normally happens automatically during installation, but you can run it manually if you'd like - just select the main menu Help | Utilities | Run Cleanup routine...

Review all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Introducing... RealTracks Artist Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson

One of our just-released RealTracks Sets features the award winning harmonica player Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson!
RealTracks Set 283: Jelly-Roll Country Harmonica

Add his harmonica playing to your Band-in-a-Box song for that soulful feel that cannot be matched!

Learn more about "Jelly Roll" Johnson and listen to demos of his RealTracks when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio page.

Beginners Forum - Exporting from Band-in-a-Box® to a .MID File

Our Forum is amazing - an online community full of helpful program users, BETA testers, endorsers, and staff!

We include a Beginners Forum, which is a great place for Band-in-a-Box beginners to visit for discussions & resources!

This week included a very active post, Exporting from Band-in-a-Box to a .MID file. Visit this post to learn more about exporting RealTracks as .MID files, and see our friendly forum users at work!

Introducing... RealTracks Artist Colin Linden!

Have you heard the newest Guitar RealTracks from Colin Linden? You can find his RealTracks with:
RealTracks Set 279: Americana: Slow Groovin' 12-8 & 16ths
RealTracks Set 280: Americana: Gritty Blues & Rockabilly Swing
RealTracks Set 287: Pop Songwriter: Acoustic Guitar
RealTracks Set 299: Rootsy Blues Guitar & Piano

Learn more about Colin and listen to demos of his RealTracks when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK with 40 Unreleased RealTracks!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK is still available, and includes 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band, 32 MIDI SuperTracks, 108 Instrumental Studies, Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated Styles, and 52 Loops!

Add this to your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase for just $49! Purchasing an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition? As of January 16th, the 49-PAK is included in your purchase (uncompressed RealTracks files for the Audiophile too)!

Learn more about the 49-PAK and listen to demos at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 For Windows Build 509 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows customers can download this free patch update at http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#509

Summary of changes:
Added: The drop station has MP3 and WMAL (lossless WMA) quadrants added.
Fixed: "Drag Audio as MP3" setting in the Plugin settings did not work when dragging a file to Windows Explorer.
Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box Server was unable to communicate with BB2018.
Fixed: Choosing a drum kit file in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog would fail with error "Unable to install patch/drum map for...".
Fixed: Disabling "Include 2 bar lead-in" setting in the Render Song to Audio File dialog would cause videos to be out of sync.
Fixed: It was not possible to type the # sharp character into the chord sheet if using a French keyboard.
Fixed: Some Amplitube TGS files and styles were missing in certain installations.
Fixed: Song would stop playing at bar 8 after rendering to an audio file.
Fixed: The Practice Window songs would not load with error "This directory does not exist...".
Fixed: The Tip of the Day dialog was not displaying any tips.
Fixed: The Tuner, MIDI Monitor, and Drum Kit window were always displaying in English instead of the user's language.

Today is the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Special!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows special ends at 11:59 PST TONIGHT!
It's your last chance to order with some amazing upgrade pricing, Bonus PAKs, discounted Xtra Styles PAKs, and Video RealTracks bundles!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows purchase options: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Bonus PAKs information: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm

Video RealTracks offers: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Xtra Styles PAKs special pricing: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Forum Stats
26961 Members
49 Forums
49693 Topics
406731 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Maulanarajatkhan, John Ashton, Hommi, raysaxsorus, piet mantel

26960 Registered Users