Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
J
jdchess Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
Just a weird observation, and was wondering if anyone else had noticed this...

While BiaB or RB either one is playing audio of any kind, if you click on the title bar (horizontal bar that contains minimize, restore, close, etc.) of the main application window or any floating window, then the audio pauses/glitches. With a held left click, it pauses for just a split second, but a held right click will completely pause the audio until you release the mouse button. Anyone else notice this? Is this normal? Like I said, maybe a bug, but likely doesn't matter a whole lot.

Veteran
Veteran
Man goes into the docs office, he raises his arm and says, "Doc, every time I do this it hurts." Doc says, "don't do that". grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

J
jdchess Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Man goes into the docs office, he raises his arm and says, "Doc, every time I do this it hurts." Doc says, "don't do that". grin

Thank you for this. Been feeling a little rough today. That helped. wink

Veteran
Veteran
JD,

I just tried but couldn't replicate the same behaviour. It behaved normally for me in both BIAB and RB. Are you running the latest build of both programs? If you go to the links below, you'll be able to check. (The current build you are using information is found under "Help | About...")

BIAB
http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

REALBAND
http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
Could not duplicate here either.

Guess: a mouse driver that isn't well-written and up-to-date could do that.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
On mine, a left click had no effect. Playback continued.
A right-held-click paused the playback, but that is probably because Windows is trying to launch a context menu.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I have the same disease as OP, and I will try the doctors recomendation.
But it's hard to brake old habits. grin

Band in a Box & Real Band 2023 (latest build)
Windows 11 Home - Intel Core i7-8750H - 2.20 GHz - RAM: 32 GB
Steinberg UR-RT4

Veteran
Veteran
Ok, now we have a second person with this, but several who do not experience it. Although this isn't a serious problem, we should try to figure out what's different about the systems where it happens.

Person, I have the same Windows version as you. Jdchess, please post some detail about your system. In particular, what version of Windows? Both of you, what brand mouse?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Expert
Expert
HI All
In my experience sooner or later any pc can /will clog up and cause glitches in the Audio
This depends on so many things like running background task drivers audio and other that are running, multi tasking and multiple threaded processes memory size and speed processor speed etc etc
Try killing all unnecessary tasks and processes like virus protect, indexing ,and anything else running in the task bar that you don’t need for BIAB like Skype or other background like Ms messenger

Just my thoughts
Mike

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
Veteran
Veteran
That's very good advice.

A great tool that may find audio glitches is DPC Latency Checker, a free download. It reads 1000 too high on Windows 10 (and 8) but it will still identify problems and has good instructions. There are other more powerful programs for this, too.

But I don't think that's what is happening here.

Veteran
Veteran
That doesn't happen here. My guess is that, as all ready mentioned, things running in the background plus a slower less powerful computer system that those of us that are not experiencing that problem. YMMV

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
An update,
I have now tested other programs I have, like Cubase and Transcribe, which have
similar behavior, if I click as discussed, the cursor hooks up or stops.
So I don't think it's related to PG Music.

Steinberg UR-RT4

Veteran
Veteran
OK, thanks for the info. Your PC is certainly powerful enough.

Is this a Dell or HP off the shelf? What kind of mouse do you use?

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I have Microsoft Wireless 5000 mouse and keyboard.
The computer is built by the shop in my country.

Steinberg UR-RT4

Veteran
Veteran
Thanks. Humor me and try a wired mouse as a test.

J
jdchess Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Ok, now we have a second person with this, but several who do not experience it. Although this isn't a serious problem, we should try to figure out what's different about the systems where it happens.

Person, I have the same Windows version as you. Jdchess, please post some detail about your system. In particular, what version of Windows? Both of you, what brand mouse?

Matt,

System is a desktop that I built with a few leftovers and is mainly used for BiaB and very little else. It's an ASUS mobo with a quad core AMD Phenom II X4 830 running at 2.8Ghz (not an i7 by any means but plenty for running an application like BiaB). Windows 10 Pro with 8GB of RAM. I actually work in IT for a living as a network admin, so I keep the machine running extremely lean. It's very clean and has no other noticeable issues. CPU rarely tops more than ~30% during RT generation, and then almost never hits more than ~14% during playback. That, coupled with BiaB's small memory footprint making RAM essentially a non-issue, means that it certainly does not appear to be a system resource problem. No other applications display the same behavior for me. The mouse is a wired ASUS using the generic HID-compliant mouse MS driver.

It's likely not a major issue at all, but as an IT guy, it does make me curious.

Jason

Last edited by jdchess; 05/28/17 08:54 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
It makes me curious, too. Former comp. sci. prof here.

So it's likely not the mouse. Good luck!

J
jdchess Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J

Thanks for encouraging me to dive even deeper down the rabbit hole of "doesn't really matter, but I just have to know!"

LOL

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jdchess

Thanks for encouraging me to dive even deeper down the rabbit hole of "doesn't really matter, but I just have to know!"

LOL

Also... it would be worth trying "Reset to factory settings" under the 'Options' menu on the top menu bar. Before doing that, though, I suggest saving your present settings (which is also a choice under 'Options').

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195