Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#416054 - 05/31/17 09:18 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade.
AlastairLC Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Apple is sending me messages that the latest IOS upgrade will not support BIAB for iPad. I have informed PG Music of this but have received no satisfactory response.
If this is true then my upcoming gigs are in jeapody. I don't understand PG Music's lack of response and resolution.
They should support all their products.
It would also be a good time to make the fixes and improvements I have been recommending in my posts for over a year.

#416111 - 06/01/17 10:18 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Yes, we have learned about that issue. Good thing they're notifying people a few months ahead of time!

#416142 - 06/01/17 03:44 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
AlastairLC Offline
Enthusiast

Actually, Apple is asking me to upgrade my iPad IOS now! So time has run out.

#416161 - 06/01/17 06:50 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
Larry Kehl Online   content
Veteran

Loc: New Mexico
Do I understand this right:

Apple is doing something that BREAKS BIAB on iOS devices and making you update the OS that "breaks" BIAB, and its PG’s fault, or PG is supposed to “stop the presses” until they fix what APPLE broke?

I feel your pain but come on

Larry

Edited by Larry Kehl (06/01/17 06:51 PM)
Win7&10 Pro 64,i7-2600k,32GB,1OTBs HDD,RX480 8GB,FW-410,MIDIplus4x4,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7, XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,Nanosynth,SPLAT,AD2,ST3,Kontakt 5,Amptube4,way too many other VSTi's - but I'm really a guitar player

#416163 - 06/01/17 07:08 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
AlastairLC Offline
Enthusiast

Apple didn't break anything. They're jjust doing one of their regular IOS upgrades. They are warning us that BIAB will not be compatible when they do that and therefore PG Music needs to being it into compliance.
Until that happens I can't do the IOS upgrade without potentially losing BIAB.

#416176 - 06/01/17 09:48 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
PG Music Staff

Right, a large number of apps (and older devices too I think) will be incompatible with iOS 11 unless the developers update them, so that's what the warning is about. It seems like a beta iOS 11 might be available soon, but the official version won't arrive until late in the year as far as I understand.

Edited by Andrew - PG Music (06/01/17 09:52 PM)

#416195 - 06/02/17 04:16 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Apple is constantly updating their OS's that screws so many software developers. You see it all the time when downloading Mac software "Not working on OS X XXXX, we are currently working on a new Beta version" then they get it working then Apple screws them again by changing things in yet another OS update.
Then you go to run a download app " Sorry XXX needs 10.9.2 to run you are using 10.9.1"
Then you update to 10.9.2 then you find other apps don't work anymore.

Windows, just always works.

Attachments
Win-Compat-Mode.jpg

#416218 - 06/02/17 06:46 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
AlastairLC Offline
Enthusiast

Andrew, are you saying that BIAB won't be compatible (until changed) with IOS 11, due this fall, but it is compatible with the IOS upgrade that Apple wants me to do now?

#416223 - 06/02/17 07:56 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
PG Music Staff

Originally Posted By: AlastairLC
Andrew, are you saying that BIAB won't be compatible (until changed) with IOS 11, due this fall, but it is compatible with the IOS upgrade that Apple wants me to do now?

That sounds right. Well what are the details of the upgrade, and what iOS version do you actually have?

#416227 - 06/02/17 08:19 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
AlastairLC Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Andrew. I have version 10.3.1 (14E304) and they want me to upgrade to 10.3.2. Is it safe for me to do that?

#416259 - 06/02/17 01:00 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
PG Music Staff

I installed iOS 10.3.2 and it didn't seem cause any problems with Band-in-a-Box or other apps in my testing.

But I should also mention also that I have not personally seen this warning message, I've only seen references to it on various blogs and news sites. I have no idea why it doesn't appear on my device. Also I can't at the moment find any information directly from Apple about this, either in the Apple Developer area or in fact anywhere on Apple's website. I am likely overlooking something. Either way, we will look into it.

#416847 - 06/07/17 12:21 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
AlastairLC Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Andrew. I waited to get through some recent gigs, then upgraded to 10.3.2 as well. Like you, I found that BIAB ran ok. Phew!
I hope that PG Music will soon make sure to bring BIAB into compliance with the future iOS upgrade that it's not supposed to run on.
That would be an excellent time to make the fixes and improvements I have recommended in my wishlist posts for over a year.

#416916 - 06/08/17 01:59 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

#416961 - 06/08/17 10:03 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
PG Music Staff

Hi Alastair,

So, the Band-in-a-Box apps are already 64bit, and I'm wondering if maybe you have an older version installed. At one point there was an iPad-specific app, which was later replaced with a single app that's for both iPhone and iPad. The older one I believe had "iPad" written on the icon. Perhaps you could try downloading the current one? Then again, if your setup is working well for you right now...

#416967 - 06/08/17 10:28 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
AlastairLC Offline
Enthusiast

Andrew,
The version on my iPad says "iPad" on the logo. It is Version 1.0.12 (build 5200). When I go to the App Store, the only version that pops up is Version 1.0.15 with a "download from cloud" icon showing. If I go ahead and download that version, will all the songs I've got on my iPad run on it without having to download them all over again from my PC? Thanks.

#417046 - 06/09/17 10:00 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
AlastairLC Offline
Enthusiast

Andrew,
I went ahead and downloaded version 1.0.15 from the iCloud. This is the more recent version without "iPad" in the logo. It set up as a separate app from my 1.0.12 version. It doesn't have any of my songs on it, so I would have to download and regenerate them all from my PC to use it. As the "newer" version has none of the fixes I've been recommending, I'll continue to use my older version (which still works, thank goodness).
I hope that the anticipated iOS- compliant version will not require me to download and regenerate all my songs!

#424120 - 08/01/17 07:56 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
eddie1261 Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Apple didn't break anything. They're jjust doing one of their regular IOS upgrades. They are warning us that BIAB will not be compatible when they do that and therefore PG Music needs to being it into compliance.

"Will not be compatible" and "will not support" can mean 2 different things. Did someone at Apple say in these words "BIAB will no longer run on IOS" are they just not going to make updates with BIAB in mind?

This reminds me of when Microsoft said "We will no longer support XP" and 75% of the world started posting message like "XP won't work anymore!" All that meant in that case is that there would be no further updates for it.

I don't use IOS so this does not apply to me, but I am curious what they actually said because those 2 quoted phrases above do not necessarily mean the same thing. PG will fix it once they see it. Think of it in the same way I saw people scream at Norton Anti-Virus because Norton didn't put out a patch to keep people from initially getting a virus. Well, until they see the virus, how can they do anything to prevent it? PG needs to see what doesn't play well before they can fix it. And they will.

In the meantime, if you really have a potential loss of work, I would dump your songs out to MP3 as a backup and play them as MP3s on a tablet or laptop. At least you can do a gig that way.

Edited by eddie1261 (08/02/17 06:10 AM)

#424178 - 08/02/17 07:19 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
AlastairLC Offline
Enthusiast

I don't remember the exact wording but I think Apple said the BIAB for iPad app wouldn't be compatible with future upgrades. I've switched to using the BIAB app without the "iPad" in the logo and I'm not getting any warnings from Apple on that.
This is still not satisfactory. I have posting requests for fixes and necessary improvements to this app in the wishlist section for THREE YEARS and only one fix has been made. I still use it, but working around its faults and quirks continues to be very annoying. I pray that some day PG Music will finally upgrade this good app to make it truely great.

#424219 - 08/02/17 11:40 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
The beta version for iOS 11 is now available, so testing can commence. The last I read, the release date for the public version is expected to be in September.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac Pro]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & 6" monitors.

#427919 - 08/28/17 08:03 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: Warning! BIAB for iPad/iPhone not compatible with IOS upgrade. [Re: AlastairLC]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
This is still not satisfactory. I have posting requests for fixes and necessary improvements to this app in the wishlist section for THREE YEARS and only one fix has been made.

Alistair, you've put this in every post in this thread. What do you think the word "Wishlist" means? It doesn't mean that it's a demand list so that whatever you put there turns into a "MUST DO" list. Quite a few items in the Wishlist have been done over the years and made a lot of folks happy, but quite a few have not as well.

And, it sounds like as far as compatibility issues there really isn't a problem so this whole thread is a mistake? This is how false rumors spread all over the internet because now a search about possible problems with Biab and IOS will turn up this thread and lots of folks won't bother reading the whole thing, they just skim the headline. What does your incorrect headline say? WARNING! Do some due diligence first before posting something like that.

Your basic question itself is legitimate, all you had to do was ask "Is there a problem with this or not?" That's it.

Bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Quinn Bachand - Hard at Work!

Check it out - this is happening NOW... Quinn Bachand's latest RealTracks recording session!

Image: http://www.pgmusic.com/gfx/Quinn_Session.jpeg

Listen to demos of Quinn's existing RealTracks at http://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php?a=61&os=win&sortby=name

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade for Mac

Did you know....

If you are currently using a Band-in-a-Box® 2017 UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK and are wanting to upgrade to the new version, with the 202 new RealTracks that were just released, the PlusPAK upgrade is a great option! This is available on DVD, flash drive, or electronic delivery - simply install the content to your existing 2017 BB folder! Add the 49-PAK to your purchase, and you'll complete the RealTracks library with the 40 BONUS unreleased RealTracks!

This package is on sale for just $99 during our special (reg. $129): http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.pluspak.htm.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK for Mac

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac during our special and you will receive a Free Bonus PAK which includes Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, 10 MIDI SuperTracks, 7 Instrumental Studies, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated bonus Styles, and 52 Loops for Band-in-a-Box!

Take it a step further and add a 49-PAK to your purchase for only $49! Add the 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac purchase and you'll receive these GREAT Band-in-a-Box Add-ons:
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band
ALL 40 UNRELEASED Bonus RealTracks
22 MIDI SuperTracks
101 Instrumental Studies
Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK: Video link - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac- 49-PAK Overview

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 Pro & MegaPAK RealCombos!

We've added MORE to the RealCombos included in the Pro & MegaPAK packages with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Pro includes 300 RealTracks instruments in over 100 bands - that's 100+ more than previous years - listen to them here.

There are now over 500 RealTracks in 300 Bands in the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 MegaPAK! Take a look at all the RealTracks & RealDrums in the MegaPAK here.

To receive the new version with these new RealCombos, upgrade during our special for as little as $59! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm.

Get ALL the Regular RealTracks & RealDrums when you upgrade to an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition!

Title Track Day, May 23, 2018!

Did you know... today is Title Track Day!

Which album do you think of on this special day? Better yet, have you created your own album and named it after a song?

Join the converation...

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends May 31st!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)!

Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=7ZrfGSqjaOU

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - on sale until May 31st!

Forum Stats
27516 Members
50 Forums
51868 Topics
428526 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
The Captain, KAVEE, JimmyD150155, Stevie G, Aimini

27516 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 372
Janice & Bud 150