Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
On some of my computers or devices (PCs, iPhone, iPad) my browser does not remember me and I have to log in every time. It only happens on the PG Music Forum.

I normally use Chrome. What setting am I missing? Thanks!

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Happens to me also on different computers, never really figure out the what or why of it - just kept fighting and adjusting cookies and configurations. Right now running very well on Chrome on this machine.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Matt

I know you Googled this and have done the other, but just in case

https://support.google.com/chrome/forum/AAAAP1KN0B06BTf9-YIiZs?hl=en

kill those cookies!

AND check the box on PG forum to remember you on first log in after

probably won't help you, but others may need to do a little "house cleaning"

Larry

PS You haven't told Chrome to not allow cookies or have MWB or your other "A/V's" set to block those???

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Good refresher, thanks. I suspect it is some browser setting that got reset rather than malware settings, but I haven't found it yet. And some of my devices / PCs are fine.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
It happens to me at the office but there we have everything including the internet and VOIP going through a server run by an offsite IT company. We only use IE. Even then other websites that need logins remember me but this one doesn't.

What I have to do consists of two steps. First is the standard login but that isn't enough. As soon as I click on the Forum tab I'm logged out but at least then I can access the My Stuff tab and get prompted to log in again. Once I've done that it's good.

Doesn't matter how many times I click on Remember Me. Close that browser tab, I have to login two times again. I've always assumed it's to do with our IT security.

Anywhere else no problem. I've been on vacation in Mexico and used other computers and the login is remembered.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks, Bob. I should also have mentioned this started fairly recently, maybe a month now.

It happens on Safari on my iPhone but not on Chrome on my same iPhone. It does not happen (it remembers me) on my iPad Air 2. It happens on my laptop on all browsers, but not on either desktop. Weird.

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
how about your temporary internet cache and\or browsing history

Lenovo YOGA 900 Window s 10 Home 64bit 16GB RAM\2018 13” MacBook Air casio wk7500 presonus audiobox i2 usb interface
casio wk-7500
biab & realband 2023 everything pk both with Current builds
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Browsers are currently changing. Depending on which update of a given browser you are running (which is affected by the OS on a given device) the security settings affect what you can/cannot 'remember'. So Chrome/FF/IE/Safari may act differently on one system to another even with the latest updates.

Currently in Chrome (on this machine) I get the notice in the image below. This means Chrome is not going to save this login unless I make security exceptions, etc.

The browser knows you are sending credentials over an un-secure connection = not a good idea to store this information ..
Just another day/challenge for us web developers. Some browser versions have a pop up warning when you click into the text box to log in also.

Once people start realizing this, SSL demand will rise. Feel free to contact me if you need a deal on an SSL certificate. <grin> We saw this coming.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
notSecure.jpg (47.05 KB, 111 downloads)

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Right, it's all about security as I talked about in my thread in the S.O.S. forum.

With all the crap that is going on literally ALL THE TIME this is the world we live in. I just read another article where it said we are at war right now. Cyberwar.

Due to all these threats we're just going have to live with some of these inconveniences because all the different tech companies are under huge pressure to stay on top of it.

With a public that is largely clueless. Like a certain campaign manager during the last election using "password" for his email password. I'm sure there are many millions just like him right now.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
rainbow tables
That's probably enough to try to get your head around for now ..

Security; it ain't easy.
password
P@ssword
Password1
username1!

.. there's tons of obvious easy ones
then comes the keystroke pattern ones .. type easy password, then hold shift and type it again.
An infamous example of this is 9i0o(I)O .. looks complicated until you type it.
Once you know it, it can be typed extremely fast! .. but it's not a good password ..
I see this stuff daily.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Some things here to try. Many thanks.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Matt...

You are a good guy.

We will all remember you fondly.

We've got your back.

Little else matters.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
This is hilarious. For the first time EVER, I just got home from dinner, opened the forum and I'm not logged in! When I clicked on the login I see a little box saying my connection is not secure with my username in a little box at the bottom. I click on that and I'm back at the login window with everything filled in. All I did was click "Remember Me" and Login.

What timing, eh? Something changed just this afternoon.

Bob

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
It's catching! Beware! laugh

Funny coincidence I guess. I've always checked the Remember Me box; made no difference on the problem browsers.

Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi Matt,

We should be able to fix these issues. For some reason, I've never had this problem on any browser.

Quote:
It does not happen (it remembers me) on my iPad Air 2. It happens on my laptop on all browsers, but not on either desktop.

Since it sounds like you have the problem with Firefox or Chrome on one PC, could you take a look at the pgmusic.com v7ubbt cookie, and see what it says for expiry date after logging in with "remember me" selected? Also is it valid for any type of connection? I say Firefox or Chrome because I don't know if there's an easy way to view/search individual cookies on Edge.

Hi Bob,

Quote:
As soon as I click on the Forum tab I'm logged out but at least then I can access the My Stuff tab and get prompted to log in again.

I suspect this has to do with somehow accessing the login page from a different url than http://www.pgmusic.com/forums
The first time, it's probably redirecting you to the proper url.

Could you tell me what the exact url is? Including the http: part.

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 06/05/17 01:02 PM.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rharv
there's tons of obvious easy ones

I remember being shown a survey in a class once where the top 4 passwords used were password, secret, love and sex.

Some people make them so hard they have to write them down and put it under the mouse pad. (Yeah. Nobody will EVER look THERE!!)

And the ones who think they are cute.... I was driving last week and got a text I HAD to answer right away, so I pulled into a parking lot to reply. As I sat there, a network popped up named Dumbledore. On a whim, I tried HarryPotter as the password, and boom. I connected.

But on topic, I ALWAYS use Chrome and I sync across devices, so any device I pick up has my stored passwords, cookies, bookmarks.... Love Chrome!

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Andrew. I'm at the office now and just logged in. What I wrote earlier isn't correct. What I have to do is click on Forums then login. Then immediately to go My Stuff which requires me to log in again. Then I'm good. If I login the first time then click Forums, I'm logged out. I can login again, click on Forums again and again I'm logged out. The key is to log in first then click My Stuff and log in again from there. Then it works. I checked out the url for both login's and it was the same. http:/pgmusic.com/forums

Just to make sure I closed the browser completely and did the process again and that's how it works.

Bob

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
But on topic, I ALWAYS use Chrome and I sync across devices, so any device I pick up has my stored passwords, cookies, bookmarks.... Love Chrome!

That sounds great Eddie but then how secure is Chrome? Everything I've read lately about hackers and security is you can't trust any browser to protect your passwords, you need a dedicated password manager for that.

Bob

Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Quote:
Hi Andrew. I'm at the office now and just logged in. What I wrote earlier isn't correct. What I have to do is click on Forums then login. Then immediately to go My Stuff which requires me to log in again. Then I'm good. If I login the first time then click Forums, I'm logged out. I can login again, click on Forums again and again I'm logged out. The key is to log in first then click My Stuff and log in again from there. Then it works. I checked out the url for both login's and it was the same. http:/pgmusic.com/forums

Thanks for the additional info. I think the issue is that somehow you are able to browse the site at pgmusic.com instead of www.pgmusic.com. Perhaps your browser may have a very old 301 redirect cached. What browser/verison is this? I would be interested to know if clearing your browser cache (if you are willing to do that) and restarting your browser solves that problem. It would be possible to address it from the forum software side by allowing alternate urls, but it is desirable to address the more fundamental issue (everybody should be on www.pgmusic.com).

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
.. well to be fair, if it is a 301, it IS labeled Permanent ..
/ducking for cover <grin>

One old trick for this is to dis-associate the Null record to the website in the Bindings (thus causing an error) and then tell that error message (for that site) to redirect to the correct URL. It ain't pretty, but it appears seamless to the user.
Soon they cache or bookmark the correct URL and this 'fix/hack' is needed less and less.

//Can you guess what I do for a living?

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,400
Posts732,554
Members38,443
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199