Go To
#413877 05/17/17 06:34 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
I just updated to 464, and I can't run full screen anymore. I checked the box to run maximized under properties in the desktop launch icon, but that didn't help either. Any ideas?

I'm running Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit.

Thanks

Boca Bob #413878 05/17/17 06:55 AM
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Are you talking about the Band-in-a-Box screen mode (big vs. small toolbar), and if so does Ctrl+T toggle you between the modes? Or do you mean the actual Band-in-a-Box window somehow can't be maximized? Also check that you aren't in DAW mode (DAW button on left side of screen underneath the drop station).

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Control T toggles fine. It's the actual BBW window that won't maximize vertically. It fills the screen horizontally fine, but not "up and down." If I put my cursor at the bottom of the screen it shows the arrow as is typical in windows. But it won't let me left-click and drag the bottom down any further. Right now, it leaves about a third of my desktop showing beneath BBW. All other windows and programs operate fine, and can be maximized, etc.

Boca Bob #413889 05/17/17 09:00 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Bob,

I've noticed in the forums over the years that sometimes when display problems occur, it's a sign that the display adaptor needs updating to a new version.

Also worth trying....

1. Click on the Windows maximise button so that the display is not in full screen mode. (This is the option between maximise and minimise.)

2. Now try dragging the edges. (The ability drag is usually disabled with an application window has been maximised.)

Regards,
Noel.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #415462 05/28/17 12:08 AM
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
I've tried all these suggestions. My AMD video card is up to date with the latest driver. And, this is the only window that won't maximize vertically. It fills the screen horizontally, but only goes two-thirds of the way down no matter what I do (I've been using windows since the DOS days).

I'm running my ASUS VE278 in landscape mode at 1920x1080 resolution (recommended by windows). My video card is an AMD Radeon HD5700, running at 32 bit, True Color, at 60 HZ refresh rate.

Maybe I'll need to save all my work/songs and re-install BBW and stop at update 463. I'm not adverse to doing that - it's just another computer time-suck.

I love BBW - this is my one and only complaint or glitch I've had in years.

Any last minute suggestions would be appreciated before I dive into it, probably in July when I have some free time.

Thanks All,
Bob in South Florida

Boca Bob #415469 05/28/17 01:06 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Bob,

There's no need to reinstall BIAB. To get back to build 463, go to the link below, download 463 and then just double-click on the exe file to manually install it. Check the paths when you get to that part of the install. (I usually right-click on my updates and choose "Run as administrator".)

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

Over the years, I have had two instances where a build didn't seem to like my system. When I reverted to the previous build, all was well.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #415581 05/28/17 09:38 PM
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Noel96. That was it! I reinstalled build 463 (downgraded from 464), and that was the cure. I can't thank you enough. You saved me hours of uninstalling/reinstalling, making sure I had all my favorites, etc. If you were local I'd buy you lunch or drinks for sure.

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Bob,

There's no need to reinstall BIAB. To get back to build 463, go to the link below, download 463 and then just double-click on the exe file to manually install it. Check the paths when you get to that part of the install. (I usually right-click on my updates and choose "Run as administrator".)

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

Over the years, I have had two instances where a build didn't seem to like my system. When I reverted to the previous build, all was well.

Regards,
Noel

Boca Bob #415585 05/28/17 10:05 PM
Veteran
Veteran
That's excellent, Bob.

Wait for build 465 and see if that works better. When it's released, you can safely try it now that you know that reverting to 463 will solve the problem if 465 lets you down.

In the meantime, I'll pass this information on to the development team.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #415948 05/31/17 04:32 AM
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Oh well. Just updated to 465 and it went back into half-screen mode. Looks like I'll be stuck with 463 this year. No big deal - just hope when I upgrade again in December that BBW 2018 works full screen.
And thanks again - I'm good for now. Just worried about next year...
Bob

That's excellent, Bob.

Wait for build 465 and see if that works better. When it's released, you can safely try it now that you know that reverting to 463 will solve the problem if 465 lets you down.

In the meantime, I'll pass this information on to the development team.

All the best,
Noel

Boca Bob #415962 05/31/17 05:57 AM
Veteran
Veteran
You shouldn't have to do that and using the latest patch is very important. Humor me, change the resolution in your Display Properties and see what happens. With my old Win 7 system I also had a Radeon chip using Catalyst Control Center. You can mess around with that too.

This is nothing to do with Biab, it's all about your Windows settings and you can make it work.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Boca Bob #416001 05/31/17 09:48 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Boca Bob,

I have reported your experience to the development team and I have given the URL to this thread.

Jazzmammal's advice is good, too. It's worth experimenting with the Windows display. It might be that changing the setting 'kicks' something into behaving.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #416307 06/02/17 03:10 PM
C
C
I have this exact same issue, except my maximized window only leaves a gap of about an inch at the bottom of the screen. I have Windows XP.

The issue started when I bought the UltraPlusPAK - when I used the Pro installation there was no problem.

I haven't sought a cure because it doesn't bother me that much - I still have enough space. It is weird, though, since no other program has ever done that on my computer.

Boca Bob #416309 06/02/17 03:21 PM
C
C
I have two monitors that are different sizes. For some reason, BIAB will only stretch to the vertical dimension of the smaller monitor. Even when "un-maximized", the window cannot be resized past this limit when the window is on the larger monitor. Very strange indeed.

I have build 464.

I'm running BIAB from the hard drive that came with the UltraPlusPAK. Before, I was running the Pro version directly from my hard drive.

Noel96 #416327 06/02/17 09:53 PM
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Boca Bob,

I have reported your experience to the development team and I have given the URL to this thread.

Jazzmammal's advice is good, too. It's worth experimenting with the Windows display. It might be that changing the setting 'kicks' something into behaving.

Regards,
Noel
I might change the display resolution just to see what happens. But, I will most likely put it back to the Windows recommended settings. Everything on my computer displays perfectly, so I'm really not going to end up changing everything to satisfy one renegade program. I believe if BBW worked perfectly all these years, up to and including 2017 build 463, then it must be a program glitch. Just makes sense. If I get time, I'll give a few minutes to experiment. But after all these years, I know if I start, I'll look up at the clock and my whole afternoon will be shot. 463 works fine for me.

Also, I have the two-monitor thing going too. The smaller, secondary monitor fills fine. It's the bigger one that doesn't. And I want BBW to run on the bigger screen...

Boca Bob #416425 06/03/17 01:07 PM
C
C
Originally Posted By: Boca Bob
Also, I have the two-monitor thing going too. The smaller, secondary monitor fills fine. It's the bigger one that doesn't. And I want BBW to run on the bigger screen...

That must be the source of the glitch - having a dual monitor setup with two different resolutions. It appears that we have exactly the same problem.

I notice that when I maximize BIAB on the larger monitor, it spills over just a few pixels onto the smaller monitor. No other program does this. Also, the BIAB logo that displays when the program is loading always displays on the smaller monitor, even though the program window appears on the larger monitor.

B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Originally Posted By: carburetor
Originally Posted By: Boca Bob

That must be the source of the glitch - having a dual monitor setup with two different resolutions. It appears that we have exactly the same problem.

I notice that when I maximize BIAB on the larger monitor, it spills over just a few pixels onto the smaller monitor. No other program does this. Also, the BIAB logo that displays when the program is loading always displays on the smaller monitor, even though the program window appears on the larger monitor.
Although our problems are a bit different from each other, you're probably right with the "two different resolution" thing. My contention is that BBW is the only program on my machine that has a problem with the two monitor resolution thing. I'm running Windows 7 Pro, with tons of programs both old and new, and keep current with every patch that comes along, both Windows and/or program specific, and BBW is the only one that has an issue. So, my problem would be to mess with my monitor settings to accommodate a single program. Not sure I want to do that.

Boca Bob #416721 06/06/17 12:19 PM
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
This problem is fixed for the next build (466, release 1).

This problem would not affect everyone with 2 monitors, which made it difficult to reproduce. The problem would only happen if the smaller monitor was "monitor 0", so that would depend on which port each monitor is plugged into.

Blake

PG Music Inc.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,493
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195