Just to kinda get ya to tap your feet
and start to movin - just start to movin

credits
released May 5, 2017

#417369 - 06/11/17 06:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: Movin' [Re: jyonks]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Excellent tune. Super vocal. What BIAB realtracks did you use. Welcome to the forum

#417378 - 06/11/17 07:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Movin' [Re: jyonks]
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Fun song and great guitar!
http://www.musicdealers.com/artist/davidsnyder
http://www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
https://soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.davidsnydermusic.com

#417406 - 06/11/17 08:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Movin' [Re: Scott C]
jyonks Offline
Enthusiast

This was a very early band in a box groove...and since I went from pc to mac I don't know which tracks I used sorry.

I've put a few songs up, but haven't garnered much attention. Thanks for the review

Edited by jyonks (06/11/17 08:49 PM)

#417482 - 06/12/17 09:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Movin' [Re: jyonks]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Outstanding pic!

like this jj cale sounding laid back rocker

nice guitar

whateryer saying there at the start? andatthe end?

this grows on you, not like a fungus, but in a sort of good way.

ha

#417528 - 06/12/17 12:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Movin' [Re: jyonks]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
John,

We really liked this! Some Southern Blues Rock - sweet! The vocal is spot on and the backing tracks are perfect for the song.

The fx on the lead guitar was a nice surprise. Lyric real nice, too.

Thanks for a real nice listen - enjoyed it a lot! Best to you,

Alan & Di

Our Website: http://doubletrouble-music.wix.com/our-songs

Instrumental Loops Website: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#417655 - 06/13/17 10:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Movin' [Re: jyonks]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Very Cooooooool!! Love the groove. Great lyrics and wonderful guitar groove. Enjoyed a lot!! Take care. Greg

#417698 - 06/13/17 04:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: Movin' [Re: jyonks]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Yeah, Like Kenny said JJ!

Love that chug-a-lug groove.

-well written
-well performed (vocals and guitars)
-well arranged
-well mixed

A fine production with everything just hittin' the note.

It sounds GREAT on our monitors!

J&B

PS You said "I've put a few songs up, but haven't garnered much attention."

With a big FWIW here are a few thoughts from our five years here that seem to hel help ease new folks (we were all there) into the community.

- consider establishing a soundcloud account as that is sort of the musical hub that the forum revolves around. PG Music folks often feature poster's songs on both their front page and on their featured SC channel. Plus J&B can then add your songs to our personal SC favorites playlist smile

- Posts can rapidly fall to the bottom or off the page during very active times before they get deserved attention. Bouncing your song to the top with a response to a post is a frequently used and completely acceptable means of keeping it active.

- consider commenting on as many posted songs as is practical and time allows. Let folks know you are here.

Pardon the ole guy ramble!

J&B Website

#417700 - 06/13/17 04:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Movin' [Re: jyonks]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Originally Posted By: jyonks
Faux Rock!

https://johnkenney.bandcamp.com/track/movin

lyrics
Movin
J.Kenney© 2011

I’d like to write a song that sounds real bluesy
come off when I sing as kinda moody
Can’t really push it all that hard
Cuz everyone is gonna see right through me

Don’t want a ticket to no one-way street
All I really want is someone tapping their feet
And kinda movin - just kinda movin

Ain’t tryin for a song that makes you crazy
I’ll use a beat that kinda makes you lazy
Don’t want to make it all that sharp
Cuz everything should be a little hazy

I ain’t really done this all that much
you almost have to picture just releasing the clutch
to get you movin - just get you movin

( Lead)

I kinda took a shot at something different
not the way I usually give it
I guess I just had to give it a whirl
if you don't enjoy it then forget it

I used a story of a one-way street
Just to kinda get ya to tap your feet
and start to movin - just start to movin

credits
released May 5, 2017

Hi Jyonks, Great work on this! I'm really fond of the guitars. Great vocal work too! Well done! smile

#417715 - 06/13/17 05:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: Movin' [Re: jyonks]
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Loc: -
Nice groove! For me, this is one of those throw back type of sound that NEVER gets old. I really dig this!

That guitar was so what I wanted to hear too!

Still smilin' on this side.

#417842 - 06/14/17 05:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Movin' [Re: Janice & Bud]
jyonks Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks for the review I truly appreciate the input.

I, in fact, do have a SoundCloud account....but it is the free one so I end up taking songs off to put songs on (reached my limit) So I was, am, trying out the BandCamp site as they don't seem to have a limit so far for free.

Retired fixed income days facilitate such decisions

I realize commenting on comments makes the numbers rise but it's kinda cheating to me....(just me)
Songs are either accepted or they aren't it's cool. I was just replying to the 'welcome to the site' comment.

And I too am an ole guy ramblin from time to time

My youth was spent on performing live and living free when I was younger.....now I sit at home and try to do all the things I never could before all of this tech was around.

Thanks again

John

Edited by jyonks (06/14/17 05:45 PM)

#417851 - 06/14/17 06:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: Movin' [Re: Janice & Bud]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Yeah, Like Kenny said JJ!

Love that chug-a-lug groove.

-well written
-well performed (vocals and guitars)
-well arranged
-well mixed

A fine production with everything just hittin' the note.

It sounds GREAT on our monitors!

J&B

Agree all the way with J&B! You've got a good sound! Thanks, Torrey

PS You said "I've put a few songs up, but haven't garnered much attention."

With a big FWIW here are a few thoughts from our five years here that seem to hel help ease new folks (we were all there) into the community.

- consider establishing a soundcloud account as that is sort of the musical hub that the forum revolves around. PG Music folks often feature poster's songs on both their front page and on their featured SC channel. Plus J&B can then add your songs to our personal SC favorites playlist smile

- Posts can rapidly fall to the bottom or off the page during very active times before they get deserved attention. Bouncing your song to the top with a response to a post is a frequently used and completely acceptable means of keeping it active.

- consider commenting on as many posted songs as is practical and time allows. Let folks know you are here.

Pardon the ole guy ramble!

#417871 - 06/15/17 02:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Movin' [Re: jyonks]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Love the chug-chug groove, good lyrics and nice job on the vocals too.

Good song, enjoyed the listen!

#417927 - 06/15/17 10:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: Movin' [Re: jyonks]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
John, I also hear that JJ Cale influence. Love the groove. Some really good guitar going on. Good vocals and the mix sounds good. There is a lot to like here. Keep writing and posting. We need more cool songs like this. Tom

#417934 - 06/15/17 11:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Movin' [Re: jyonks]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Nicely done, John. Well put together. Good groove.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
RealBand 2017 Patch Update Available! (Build 8)

Attention RealBand 2017 users - the latest patch update (build 8) is available, and can be downloaded here.

Summary of Changes for Version 2017 Build 8:
Fixed: Empty MIDI SuperTracks and Best Soloist dialogs.
Fixed: After the end of a song, it would continue to play silence if Always On MME was enabled.
Fixed: CPU meter would say "PT" during bootup.

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2017 for Windows Patch Update 468 Available!

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows users - the latest patch update (468) is available, and can be downloaded here.

Summary of Changes for Version 2017 Build 468:
Fixed: Various popup dialogs (eg editing volume on mixer) might appear partially off screen.
Fixed: Setting "Audio Master (Base) Tempo" does not take effect until reloading the song.
Fixed: If importing audio while launching the Audio Chord Wizard, the wrong audio master tempo is set, causing the audio track to never be in sync with the style.
Fixed: Dragging to the WAV quadrant of the drop station would ignore the "Drag Master as separate tracks" setting.
Fixed: The [Edit Soloist] and [Edit Melody] buttons in the Event List Editor dialog did not work.
Fixed: Disabling "Draw interpolation" would cause random lines between sample points in the Audio Edit window.
Fixed: If a THRU harmony is selected, then Band-in-a-Box would freeze when soloing the Soloist or Thru tracks.
Fixed: Changing the color setting for "Window background" in the Audio Edit window had no effect.
Fixed: Hitting [Cancel] in the Audio Edit Settings dialog would cause a random zoom to occur.
Fixed: The [Sample] button in the Audio Edit window would zoom in to the far left of the screen, rather than to the cursor.
Fixed: If opening a song that was saved in the Mac version, a random character would be inserted at the beginning of these lead sheet fields: "Style", "Tempo", "Copyright", "Composer", and "Composer2".
Fixed: When exporting a video of the chord sheet, the the resulting video might be cropped.
Fixed: The drop station would take a few seconds to respond during the first attempt to drag and drop.

Band-in-a-Box® Video Tutorial VHS - #TBT

WOW - Look at what we came across! The Inside Band-in-a-Box Instructional Video Series for Band-in-a-Box Version 7!

Take a look...

These covered so many different topics... we needed 2 VHS tapes! From the basics of entering a song, chords, transposing, notation, recording a melody, etc. to advanced features like working with harmonies, secrets to the StyleMaker, drum patters, recording patterns and more, these videos were a hit!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® and Pro Tools

Are you a Pro Tools user? Have you seen our video, Using Band-in-a-Box to Supercharge Pro Tools?

Watch it now to learn how the powerful combination of Band-in-a-Box® and Pro Tools can boost your music creativity: Video - Using Band-in-a-Box to Supercharge Pro Tools

YouTube Find - My First Backing Track, First YouTube Video

We love that YouTube user Rick Mccann posted a video playing along with his first backing track using Band-in-a-Box!

Watch - First YouTube Video

What a great job - hopefully we see more from Rick!

User Tip - Differences Between the 'Regular' and Audiophile Version... #TipTuesday

Long time program user and forum member Matt Finley had shared his tip regarding the Audiophile version of Band-in-a-Box earlier this year, and it's still valid today!

If you've ever wondered what the difference between the 'regular version' of Band-in-a-Box and the Audiophile version, make sure you read through his forum post: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version - it's well written, and always great to hear about the program from fellow users!

The Audiophile Version includes the entire contents of the EverythingPAK and adds the uncompressed WAV or AIFF files for all the included RealTracks & RealDrums! Learn more about the Audiophile version: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.audiophile.htm

Band-in-a-Box® User Feedback - Wow!

There are so many ways to get in touch with people these days... phone, email, social networking, etc.... so of course we hear more feedback from program users these days!
...and here's what they're saying:

"I discovered Band in a Box about a year ago. I hesitated several times before purchasing it as I couldn't quite believe it was going to be as good as the hype. I eventually relented and I can honestly say, it's an incredible program and does some amazing things. As a songwriter, it's an indispensable tool and I can't imagine not having it."
-Vince C.

"I bought the first band in a box for my Atari 1040 ST and I used it for at least 10 years before upgrading to a Windows computer. After real drums, and then real tracks, came out I have upgraded every December since. The program is absolutely inspired and inspirational."
-Kirk O.

"Not everyone can find or afford real musicians to assist them when writing songs - and if working from home, as many songwriters do, there might not be room for them. Band In A Box does the next best thing and takes recordings of real musicians performing, then makes the material available pretty much in real time, in a form that adapts to your own composition by following the chord sequences. Hard to explain simply, but fairly amazing in practice."
-Steve C.

"Great tool for musicians - and the drummer keeps a steady beat!!"
-Maurice A.

"Great for learning new songs. I was weak on country rock songs and with the combination of using Riffstation and BIAB I am able to creat my own backup track for live performance and practicing songs with easier chording... Thanks PG!"
-Laurent C.

"I have it since 2001, use it all the time, great program!"
-John F.

"Thank you Band in a Box. I am a songwriter, and don't play several instruments, so I love being able to wear 2 hats and write and produce, and then later record vocals... You have probably saved me months/years on my project. Excellent tool. Thanks again!"
-Randy A.

"Didn't think I would ever go down that road but got roped into it by another muso friend, bought it and now loving it!"
-Fred P.

Let us know what you think! Post a review on our Band-in-a-Box Comments page, visit our Facebook page, or contact us directly.

Forum Stats
26494 Members
50 Forums
47914 Topics
391076 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
Voltrane, RyanR, Steve S, Guillermo R V, Tárrio

26494 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 178
jford 154