Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#417769 - 06/14/17 08:45 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 3! Special Pricing Available...
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
We've just released Xtra Styles PAK 3 with 160 new RealStyles for Band-in-a-Box® 2017! This PAK includes Rock-Pop, Jazz, and Country genres, along with a great collection of Americana styles. This installment of Xtra Styles also uses recently implemented RealDrums features (like half-time/double-time mode and Multi-Drums) to create new and unique grooves that were never possible until now!

Learn more! Listen to demos of these 160 new RealStyles at www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?pak=all&os=win#pak3.

The Xtra Styles PAK 3 is on sale for just $29 during our Xtra Styles special, which ends July 31, 2017!

Plus... if you don't have any Xtra Styles yet, you'll be happy to hear that you can purchase all three sets (485 RealStyles) and the 2017 49-PAK for only $129 during our Xtra Styles special.

#417774 - 06/14/17 09:02 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 3! Special Pricing Available... [Re: Callie - PG Music]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Fjords style at 2:24

named after our own fj (Floyd)???

these sound absolutely great, a must have

thanks

Kenny

#417779 - 06/14/17 09:45 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 3! Special Pricing Available... [Re: Callie - PG Music]
joden Offline
Journeyman

Before I buy, can you explain this please?

Xtra Styles PAK 3 uses RealTracks from the UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition,

So I don't have any of those (I only have the PLusPak - 2017), does this mean these styles will not work properly?

Thanks

#417786 - 06/14/17 10:17 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 3! Special Pricing Available... [Re: joden]
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
If you've been purchasing PlusPAK upgrades to add to a previous UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK (and haven't missed an upgrade), then you have the 2017 UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK. Just make sure you also have the 2017 49-PAK - if you're not sure, just give us a call or pop on to the Live Help and ask there smile

If you are missing the 2017 49-PAK, we have a limited-time purchase of the "All Xtra Styles PAK 3 & 2017 49-PAK bundle" for only $49 available during the Xtra Styles special.

#417797 - 06/14/17 11:17 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 3! Special Pricing Available... [Re: Callie - PG Music]
joden Offline
Journeyman

not sure I got the 49 pack...I think I passed on it as it was going to "double-purchase" some elements...haha, although I may have got confused with it all!

I'll see if I can check it out further

Cheers
I bought the 2016 49 pack smile

Edited by joden (06/14/17 11:20 AM)

#417798 - 06/14/17 11:19 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 3! Special Pricing Available... [Re: Callie - PG Music]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
If you ordered directly from PGMusic, you should be able to see your orders back to 2015 in your account (accessible from the main PGMusic screen).

#1-Win10Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
#2-Win10Pro-64,16GB,SSDBoot,7200RPM
#3-Win7Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
H/W: Onboard audio, FastTrack Pro, Casio Kbds
S/W: BB/RB2017/Sonar/Reaper/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/
NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web: http://www.sus4chord.com

#417800 - 06/14/17 11:25 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 3! Special Pricing Available... [Re: Callie - PG Music]
joden Offline
Journeyman

ahhh, now I recall. I passed on the 2017 49 pak as it was too expensive JUST to get the Guitars realtracks - I had totally no use for any of the other stuff!

#417815 - 06/14/17 12:43 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 3! Special Pricing Available... [Re: Callie - PG Music]
joden Offline
Journeyman

tbh, I think this is one of the failings of the BIBA "pak" system. One is forced to buy a lot of superfluous material.

Not sure how possible this is, but why not have a Real Tracks sale library where a user can buy individual RT's - $5 each or similar....its probs too difficult to implement but I think it might make it far more flexible.

anyhoo, moving on smile

#417847 - 06/14/17 06:32 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 3! Special Pricing Available... [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

I agree with your sentiment that RT's should be like pizza toppings (not everyone wants that pesky pepperoni), but - You already can buy individual Realtracks, or the last time I checked you could.

Edited by Icelander (06/14/17 06:33 PM)
Edit Reason: Correcting mistakes

#417872 - 06/15/17 02:52 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 3! Special Pricing Available... [Re: joden]
LtKojak Online   content
Apprentice

Loc: Milano, Italy
Originally Posted By: joden
tbh, I think this is one of the failings of the BIBA "pak" system. One is forced to buy a lot of superfluous material.

Not sure how possible this is, but why not have a Real Tracks sale library where a user can buy individual RT's - $5 each or similar....its probs too difficult to implement but I think it might make it far more flexible.

anyhoo, moving on smile

Well, the price of the whole pak is $ 29,00.

You can buy only the Country, Jazz, Rock/Pop and Americana separately for $ 15,00 each. If you only need two of them, say, Jazz end Americana, you end up paying MORE for half the pak as for the whole pak. I only see win in getting the pak as-is, not fail at all.

Is this a case of seeing the glass half-full or half-empty? wink

HTH,

Edited by LtKojak (06/15/17 02:54 AM)
Hy-Bro Test Sound Files

#417915 - 06/15/17 09:41 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 3! Special Pricing Available... [Re: Callie - PG Music]
joden Offline
Journeyman

Well the price to me is actually closer to $40 wink And for an example in the last pack all I wanted was the two electric guitar RTs "Oily" something or other. That was it out of the whole pack!

Anyhoo it was not a major issue, just a comment in passing that it might be a good idea. Instead of the Foxtel, everything or nothing, maybe offer up some individuality haha!

As I wrote, moving on hahaha!

#417920 - 06/15/17 10:06 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 3! Special Pricing Available... [Re: Callie - PG Music]
beatmaster Online   content
Enthusiast

These are styles not RTs am I correct.

#417935 - 06/15/17 11:53 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 3! Special Pricing Available... [Re: Callie - PG Music]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Quote:
These are styles not RTs am I correct.

Correct! They are styles (even though people call RealTracks "styles", I guess because many are played "in the style of whomever"). In order to use them, you must have the underlying RealTracks already available to you, otherwise you will get loading errors. That's why they say you need the UltraPlusPak, EverythingPak, or Audiophile editions (they have "all" the RealTracks), along with the bonus 49 pack.

Each of these styles is a grouping of RealTrack instruments that go well together. While you could create any of these yourself through a lot of experimentation and knowledge about the many many RealTracks available, PGMusic has done that for you, a huge time saver.

You could use this style pak without having all the RealTracks, but you will get errors when it tries to load a RealTrack you don't have.

#1-Win10Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
#2-Win10Pro-64,16GB,SSDBoot,7200RPM
#3-Win7Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
H/W: Onboard audio, FastTrack Pro, Casio Kbds
S/W: BB/RB2017/Sonar/Reaper/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/
NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web: http://www.sus4chord.com

#417944 - 06/15/17 12:09 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 3! Special Pricing Available... [Re: Icelander]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Icelander
You already can buy individual Realtracks, or the last time I checked you could.
I've just revisited this and apparently I was indeed mistaken - you can not purchase individual RT instrument, only sets of instruments smirk

I stand corrected blush

#418312 - 06/18/17 07:48 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 3! Special Pricing Available... [Re: Icelander]
jcspro40 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Ohio-USA
Definitely going to grab this one also, I have used the last 2 to death, for both songs for folks & ideas on how to do it.

Also, I will ask again here, HOW can we tell which are which in the browser listings? My total list that is labeled Xtra does NOT add up to the full amount claimed in the product description!

Maybe think of naming each collection & style from each collection Xtra_1, Xtra_2, & Xtra_3 for sorting purposes in the list, 'eh? Becasue looking at the Styles Browser does NOT help at all, like it does when typing in Jazz, or 291, or 180, etc.....
Custom Core2Quad 3.2Ghz, 8gb memory, 1gb nVidia dual monitor card, 1tb OS HDD, 2 2gb Internal HDD, 8tb External HDD, dual LG 27" Monitors, Win7 x64 Ultimate, BiaB/RB 2017, Reaper 4.75, Mixbus 32C, IK Multimedia / iZotope / Plug & Mix VST-VSTi Collections

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Another Great YouTube Find - Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2

Troy Brenningmeyer uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks in his latest tutorial video, Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2 - 7th Extensions:

Video: Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2 - 7th Extensions

Another great example of how you can use your Band-in-a-Box creations in your own projects!

The Xtra Styles Song Contest has Ended - Over 50 Entries!

Thank you to everyone that submitted their entries in our Xtra Styles PAK 3 Contest!

We are listening to all the entries, and will be announcing the Winners on Monday, August 21st.

Good luck everyone!

YouTube Find - There Are No Bad Guitars

The latest video from EricBlackmonGuitar is a great demonstration of the different types of guitars out there, and how there really is no such thing as a bad guitar!

Video: Multi-Guitar Solo Review Of INEXPENSIVE GUITARS

Eric uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks in his tutorial videos... Just one of the many ways program users can incorporate their Band-in-a-Box songs into other projects!

Xtra Styles Song Contest - Ends August 15th!

If you've purchased your Xtra Styles PAK 3 for Band-in-a-Box® 2017, don't forget to create and submit a song usings one of these new Xtra Styles to our Xtra Styles Contest forum for your chance to WIN $150 USD coupon to use on your next PG Music Inc. product purchase!

Hurry! This contest ends at midnight on August 15th! Complete contest information and contest rules list here.

Good luck everyone!

Hip Hop - Happy 44th Anniversary!

Today we celebrate the 44th anniversary of the birth of Hip Hop!

Learn more about the history of Hip Hop, courtesy of Google: https://www.google.com/doodles/44th-anniversary-of-the-birth-of-hip-hop

Now, you may not associate Hip Hop with Band-in-a-Box, but you should!!! There are over 50 hits when you search for the Hip Hop genre in the StylePicker window, including Sets:
28: Smooth Jazz
32: Alternative Contemporary Rock
36: Rock On! (check out Dance 5 - Rock On)
46: Requested 4
47: Contemporary Country 2 (check out CC_Town)
56: Pop
62: Requested 6
65: Requested 7
71: Urban Pop MultiStyles

Hip Hop specific RealTracks are available too! Check out RealTracks Set 7: Acoustic Jazz Bass and Rock Sax! and Set 272: Rap and Hip Hop.

RealDrums Sets? Yup! Ed (Great Oz) Clare has some great Hip Hop RealDrums with RealDrums Set 16: Urban Pop, Franklin Richardson's contribution of the SmoothJazzCoolSw16^ drums in RealDrums Set 28: Smooth Jazz, and Craig Scott's drums in RealDrums Set 3: Fusion, Hip-Hop and More! are great too!

#TBT - Band-in-a-Box® MIDI Setup on Windows 95

If you visit our About page, you will read that Dr. Peter Gannon founded PG Music Inc. in 1988!

With that in mind, there are a lot of video tutorials we've released that answer many of the technical support questions frequently asked, including this blast-from-the-past: Band-in-a-Box (1997): Windows 95 MIDI Setup, narrated by Peter! Click here to view the video.

User Blog Post - Eight Reasons Why I Use RealBand

If you're a Band-in-a-Box for Windows user, did you know your purchase came with RealBand?

RealBand is a fully-featured and powerful music arranging, sequencing, and digital recording program; it combines sequencing features with the automatic accompaniment features of Band-in-a-Box!

For some great user feedback about RealBand, be sure to read Joanne Cooper's latest blog post: Eight reasons why I, as a Band-in-a-Box user, use RealBand as my DAW of choice.

Forum Stats
26308 Members
50 Forums
47104 Topics
383402 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
j0oziah3, pepepe, LoisKCavitt, Maideared, Ango

26306 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 172
VideoTrack 148