Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
We've just released Xtra Styles PAK 3 with 160 new RealStyles for Band-in-a-Box® 2017! This PAK includes Rock-Pop, Jazz, and Country genres, along with a great collection of Americana styles. This installment of Xtra Styles also uses recently implemented RealDrums features (like half-time/double-time mode and Multi-Drums) to create new and unique grooves that were never possible until now!

Learn more! Listen to demos of these 160 new RealStyles at www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?pak=all&os=win#pak3.

The Xtra Styles PAK 3 is on sale for just $29 during our Xtra Styles special, which ends July 31, 2017!

Plus... if you don't have any Xtra Styles yet, you'll be happy to hear that you can purchase all three sets (485 RealStyles) and the 2017 49-PAK for only $129 during our Xtra Styles special.

Callie
Marketing Representative
PG Music Inc.
Veteran
Veteran
Fjords style at 2:24

named after our own fj (Floyd)???

these sound absolutely great, a must have

thanks

Kenny

Journeyman
Journeyman
Before I buy, can you explain this please?

Xtra Styles PAK 3 uses RealTracks from the UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition,

So I don't have any of those (I only have the PLusPak - 2017), does this mean these styles will not work properly?

Thanks

PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
If you've been purchasing PlusPAK upgrades to add to a previous UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK (and haven't missed an upgrade), then you have the 2017 UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK. Just make sure you also have the 2017 49-PAK - if you're not sure, just give us a call or pop on to the Live Help and ask there smile

If you are missing the 2017 49-PAK, we have a limited-time purchase of the "All Xtra Styles PAK 3 & 2017 49-PAK bundle" for only $49 available during the Xtra Styles special.

Callie
Marketing Representative
PG Music Inc.
Journeyman
Journeyman
not sure I got the 49 pack...I think I passed on it as it was going to "double-purchase" some elements...haha, although I may have got confused with it all!

I'll see if I can check it out further

Cheers
I bought the 2016 49 pack smile

Last edited by joden; 06/14/17 08:20 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
If you ordered directly from PGMusic, you should be able to see your orders back to 2015 in your account (accessible from the main PGMusic screen).

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Journeyman
Journeyman
ahhh, now I recall. I passed on the 2017 49 pak as it was too expensive JUST to get the Guitars realtracks - I had totally no use for any of the other stuff!

Journeyman
Journeyman
tbh, I think this is one of the failings of the BIBA "pak" system. One is forced to buy a lot of superfluous material.

Not sure how possible this is, but why not have a Real Tracks sale library where a user can buy individual RT's - $5 each or similar....its probs too difficult to implement but I think it might make it far more flexible.

anyhoo, moving on smile

Veteran
Veteran
I agree with your sentiment that RT's should be like pizza toppings (not everyone wants that pesky pepperoni), but - You already can buy individual Realtracks, or the last time I checked you could.

Last edited by Icelander; 06/14/17 03:33 PM. Reason: Correcting mistakes

Thank goodness words aren't knives.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)
Apprentice
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: joden
tbh, I think this is one of the failings of the BIBA "pak" system. One is forced to buy a lot of superfluous material.

Not sure how possible this is, but why not have a Real Tracks sale library where a user can buy individual RT's - $5 each or similar....its probs too difficult to implement but I think it might make it far more flexible.

anyhoo, moving on smile

Well, the price of the whole pak is $ 29,00.

You can buy only the Country, Jazz, Rock/Pop and Americana separately for $ 15,00 each. If you only need two of them, say, Jazz end Americana, you end up paying MORE for half the pak as for the whole pak. I only see win in getting the pak as-is, not fail at all.

Is this a case of seeing the glass half-full or half-empty? wink

HTH,

Last edited by LtKojak; 06/14/17 11:54 PM.

Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
Milano, Italy
https://soundcloud.com/theodore-kojak/tracks
Hy-Bro Test Sound Files
Journeyman
Journeyman
Well the price to me is actually closer to $40 wink And for an example in the last pack all I wanted was the two electric guitar RTs "Oily" something or other. That was it out of the whole pack!

Anyhoo it was not a major issue, just a comment in passing that it might be a good idea. Instead of the Foxtel, everything or nothing, maybe offer up some individuality haha!

As I wrote, moving on hahaha!

Expert
Expert
These are styles not RTs am I correct.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
These are styles not RTs am I correct.

Correct! They are styles (even though people call RealTracks "styles", I guess because many are played "in the style of whomever"). In order to use them, you must have the underlying RealTracks already available to you, otherwise you will get loading errors. That's why they say you need the UltraPlusPak, EverythingPak, or Audiophile editions (they have "all" the RealTracks), along with the bonus 49 pack.

Each of these styles is a grouping of RealTrack instruments that go well together. While you could create any of these yourself through a lot of experimentation and knowledge about the many many RealTracks available, PGMusic has done that for you, a huge time saver.

You could use this style pak without having all the RealTracks, but you will get errors when it tries to load a RealTrack you don't have.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Icelander
You already can buy individual Realtracks, or the last time I checked you could.
I've just revisited this and apparently I was indeed mistaken - you can not purchase individual RT instrument, only sets of instruments smirk

I stand corrected blush

Expert
Expert
Definitely going to grab this one also, I have used the last 2 to death, for both songs for folks & ideas on how to do it.

Also, I will ask again here, HOW can we tell which are which in the browser listings? My total list that is labeled Xtra does NOT add up to the full amount claimed in the product description!

Maybe think of naming each collection & style from each collection Xtra_1, Xtra_2, & Xtra_3 for sorting purposes in the list, 'eh? Becasue looking at the Styles Browser does NOT help at all, like it does when typing in Jazz, or 291, or 180, etc.....

i5 3.20GHz, 32gb RAM, 1tb SSD OS, 12tb HDD, 4gb gForce vid card, 32" monitor, Audient id44, Win10 x64, BiaB/RB 2023, Reaper 6,IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX, Waves 10
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jcspro40
I will ask again here, HOW can we tell which are which in the browser listings? My total list that is labeled Xtra does NOT add up to the full amount claimed in the product description!
Go into Style Picker and click on the "Category" to the left. There you then select "Choose User category" and you should find the "Xtra" styles 1, 2, & 3 at the bottom of that list. Or, if not, type "Extra3" into the search field in this display to narrow it down to just this latest set.

Be advised though, that one Jazz Style was added at the very last minute which for some reason does not seem to be included in the count, so don't fret if you're only getting a count of 159 via this method. The style is still there fully installed ready for use.

w Offline
Expert
Expert
Quote:
Be advised though, that one Jazz Style was added at the very last minute which for some reason does not seem to be included in the count

Icelander:

which jazz style would that be, please, thanks

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: w
Quote:
Be advised though, that one Jazz Style was added at the very last minute which for some reason does not seem to be included in the count

Icelander:

which jazz style would that be, please, thanks
It no longer matters for this was fixed less than 24 hours after I made that post.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,503
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195