Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#418017 - 06/16/17 02:04 AM [User Showcase] Til Money Changes Hands (Video)
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi All.

Well, what can I say about this one? Just a bit of fun, really.

The backing has been sitting on my computer for ages whilst I put the animation together, so I've lost the RT numbers, but the acoustic guitar, bass and sax are RTs - the other guitars are down to me. The drums are MIDI played from the Drum Source sample player and the extra horns are Forte.

The video was put together using software from Muvizu, Serif and Lightwave.

TIL MONEY CHANGES HANDS
I played a gig in this downtown bar
This man comes up, he says he'll make me a star
He liked the songs, he said I'd got a style
He said I'd make it rich, he said I'd make a pile
"There's just one thing that you've got to understand
Nothing's gonna happen here, 'til money changes hands."

I needed cash so I went to see a man
To see if he'd got a job where I could maybe try my hand
He took one look and said - "I think you'll make the grade
But first I need to check to see if you've got what it takes
There's just one thing that you've got to understand

I got to thinking that I should stand and fight
So I went to see the Judge downtown to try to put things right
He said - "I can deal with that, I'll get him taken down
I'll get onto the sergeant and he'll send the heavies round

Thanks, as usual, to all who have time to listen.

Cheers, ROG

#418019 - 06/16/17 02:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Til Money Changes Hands (Video) [Re: ROG]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Well, that was fun to watch! Great job on the video!

Loved the song too, great chorus. Cool fx on the vocals, what is that if you don't mind my asking? Nice job on the guitar, could maybe be a bit louder in the mix? But that's subjective I guess, I probably mix mine too loud smile

Overall I enjoyed the song and the video, nice job!

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Youtube page

#418022 - 06/16/17 03:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: Til Money Changes Hands (Video) [Re: ROG]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
ROG,

Cool song and video - very creative!

Bob

#418023 - 06/16/17 04:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Til Money Changes Hands (Video) [Re: ROG]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Excellent song and video. Fun to watch and hear. The message is probably more relevant than we'd like to believe......

Enjoyed this from start to finish.

Charlie

#418033 - 06/16/17 05:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Til Money Changes Hands (Video) [Re: ROG]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
ROG, This is a great track. Lot's going on here. The vocals are exceptionally good. I loved the melodic guitar solo. Extremely well arranged and mixed. A super listen! Tom

#418041 - 06/16/17 06:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: Til Money Changes Hands (Video) [Re: ROG]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Ah, another muvizu user (Pat Marr is not alone anymore ;-))
Cool video! (And we know how much work this one must've taken).
What a cool song!!! Love the guitar solos, but what struck me even more are the very smooth ELO-like backing vocals, you've definitely outdone yourself here!

Rob

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#418066 - 06/16/17 08:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Til Money Changes Hands (Video) [Re: BlueAttitude]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
ROG,

The video is well done... entertaining.

A clever write! Nice development start to finish.

Excellent track. The solos are nice throughout - very melodic.

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
...the guitar, could maybe be a bit louder in the mix?

Got a great chuckle out of that!! HA!

Well done. Excellent mix. A terrific listen... (and "watch"!)

fj

#418075 - 06/16/17 09:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Til Money Changes Hands (Video) [Re: ROG]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Loved this tune Rog. Super vocal and backtrack. Got a kick out of the video. Well done... Super tone on the guitar

#418100 - 06/16/17 12:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Til Money Changes Hands (Video) [Re: Scott C]
Brian Cadoret Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands
Great stuff Rog fast paced, great vocals and guitars and the video icing on the cake.

Brian

Edited by Brian Cadoret (06/16/17 12:59 PM)

#418102 - 06/16/17 01:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Til Money Changes Hands (Video) [Re: ROG]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi All.

Well, what can I say about this one? Just a bit of fun, really.

The backing has been sitting on my computer for ages whilst I put the animation together, so I've lost the RT numbers, but the acoustic guitar, bass and sax are RTs - the other guitars are down to me. The drums are MIDI played from the Drum Source sample player and the extra horns are Forte.

The video was put together using software from Muvizu, Serif and Lightwave.

TIL MONEY CHANGES HANDS
I played a gig in this downtown bar
This man comes up, he says he'll make me a star
He liked the songs, he said I'd got a style
He said I'd make it rich, he said I'd make a pile
"There's just one thing that you've got to understand

I needed cash so I went to see a man
To see if he'd got a job where I could maybe try my hand
He took one look and said - "I think you'll make the grade
But first I need to check to see if you've got what it takes

I got to thinking that I should stand and fight
So I went to see the Judge downtown to try to put things right
He said - "I can deal with that, I'll get him taken down
I'll get onto the sergeant and he'll send the heavies round

Thanks, as usual, to all who have time to listen.

Cheers, ROG

Great work on this ROG! Really enjoyed the progression and lyrics. Very catchy tune and fun video too! Well done! smile

#418114 - 06/16/17 02:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Til Money Changes Hands (Video) [Re: tommyad]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Originally Posted By: tommyad
ROG, This is a great track. Lot's going on here. The vocals are exceptionally good. I loved the melodic guitar solo. Extremely well arranged and mixed. A super listen! Tom

I agree with Tom!! Really cool production. I love your phased sound on the vocal-like ELO back in the day. A treat for the ears and the eyes! Great job!! Take care. Greg

#418116 - 06/16/17 03:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Til Money Changes Hands (Video) [Re: BlueAttitude]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Well, that was fun to watch! Great job on the video!

Loved the song too, great chorus. Cool fx on the vocals, what is that if you don't mind my asking? Nice job on the guitar, could maybe be a bit louder in the mix? But that's subjective I guess, I probably mix mine too loud smile

Overall I enjoyed the song and the video, nice job!

Hi Dave.
Many thanks for looking in and for the review.
The effect used on the vocals is a vocoder. I still use a hardware vocoder by Syntovox, which I've had since the 80s. The most common use for these is the talking synth, but when you get to know your way around them there are lots of more subtle things you can do with them. I love it, but one day it will stop working and my repair guy says then it becomes junk! If you want more info on vocoders, send me a PM.

Hey, you could be right about the guitar volume. I have a standing joke going with Floyd about solo volumes and he's going to give me some grief about this!

Anyway, glad you liked the track.

Cheers, ROG.

#418117 - 06/16/17 03:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: Til Money Changes Hands (Video) [Re: rsdean]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rsdean
ROG,

Cool song and video - very creative!

Bob

Many thanks, Bob. Cool is good. Glad you approved.
Cheers, ROG.

#418119 - 06/16/17 03:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Til Money Changes Hands (Video) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Excellent song and video. Fun to watch and hear. The message is probably more relevant than we'd like to believe......

Enjoyed this from start to finish.

Charlie

Hi Charlie and many thanks.
Yes, I do believe you're right about that message!
Pleased you enjoyed it.
Cheers, ROG.

#418121 - 06/16/17 03:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Til Money Changes Hands (Video) [Re: tommyad]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad

Thanks, Tom.
Always appreciate a review from you and thanks for the kind words.
Cheers, ROG.

#418125 - 06/16/17 03:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Til Money Changes Hands (Video) [Re: RnAM]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Ah, another muvizu user (Pat mar is not alone anymore ;-))
Cool video! (And we know how much work this one must've taken).
What a cool song!!! Love the guitar solos, but what struck me even more are the very smooth ELO-like backing vocals, you've definitely outdone yourself here!

Rob

Hi Rob.
My old pal Pat says I got him into animation, but it's Pat who introduced me to Movizu. It's a great program, but there's a lot to learn before I get anywhere near Pat's standard.
Hey, thanks for the comments about the vocals. I always worry about my vocal tracks and coming from someone who sings as well as you do that's a great compliment.
Cheers, ROG.

#418126 - 06/16/17 03:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: Til Money Changes Hands (Video) [Re: floyd jane]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
ROG,

The video is well done... entertaining.

A clever write! Nice development start to finish.

Excellent track. The solos are nice throughout - very melodic.

...the guitar, could maybe be a bit louder in the mix?

Got a great chuckle out of that!! HA!

Well done. Excellent mix. A terrific listen... (and "watch"!)

fj

Well, Floyd my friend, what can I say. As soon as I saw Dave's comment I knew I was in for trouble.
And who's to say I don't deserve it. I was well and truly caught out this time!

Anyway, glad you liked the track. The next solo will make your ears bleed.

Cheers, ROG.

#418149 - 06/16/17 09:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Til Money Changes Hands (Video) [Re: ROG]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
very cool!

nice video, super mix

love the guitar solos

catchy and clever write

great hook line

dude, you got some skinny legs ya'll

Kenny

#418197 - 06/17/17 06:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Til Money Changes Hands (Video) [Re: ROG]
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Great fun song. The video was inspired. I enjoyed listening.
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#418361 - 06/18/17 02:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Til Money Changes Hands (Video) [Re: ROG]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
The vocal and guitar performances were most excellent. You are really outstanding at layering sounds without a hint of clutter. Or as Janice just said, " there's a lot going there but it never sounds busy!" Yep.

We cranked it up and as expected it all held together perfectly and sounded great.

And the video...the details were so cool like the wrist watch on the artist and the way his chops worked with the song. But it will take a few more views to begin to catch it all.

Oh..not to forget the clever write!

Lotta fun here and a lotta talent in the production.

J&B
J&B Website

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

User Feedback - Run as Administrator

Our Forum is a great resource for all your Band-in-a-Box questions (and a GREAT place to connect with other program users!)

Among the many forums available, we have a User-to-User Tips & Tricks forum - perfect for sharing your own technical tips and tricks for any PG Music product!

Like the recent post by jford: You Should Run BIAB and RealBand As Administrator!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - Over 25 Entries!

We recently launched an Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest with 4 prizes of $150!

So far, there are more than 25 entries! Have a listen to these entries and submit your own song here.

Contest Rules:
-You must own Band-in-a-Box® 2018 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAK 5 packages (Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, MIDI)
-The song you submit must be your own original composition. This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
-Public domain songs will be accepted.
-Multiple entries are permitted.
-Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles 5 Contest" forum, before the deadline. (This contest runs until September 30th)

For complete information on this contest, click here.

Forum Stats
27979 Members
57 Forums
53971 Topics
445771 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
veman, Clair, Ivica Pencic, fuhawa95, Clayton A Baca

27978 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 456
David Snyder 153