Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved this tune Rog. Super vocal and backtrack. Got a kick out of the video. Well done... Super tone on the guitar

Hi Scott.
Glad you approved. The guitar on this one was all done with my old Telcaster - probably my favourite guitar.
Many thanks for the listen and review.
Cheers, ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Brian Cadoret
Great stuff Rog fast paced, great vocals and guitars and the video icing on the cake.

Brian

Hi Brian.
Many thanks for listening and the kind words.
Cheers, ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music

Great work on this ROG! Really enjoyed the progression and lyrics. Very catchy tune and fun video too! Well done! smile

Hi Joe.
Many thanks for the positive review. Pleased you enjoyed the video as well.
Cheers, ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Originally Posted By: tommyad
ROG, This is a great track. Lot's going on here. The vocals are exceptionally good. I loved the melodic guitar solo. Extremely well arranged and mixed. A super listen! Tom

I agree with Tom!! Really cool production. I love your phased sound on the vocal-like ELO back in the day. A treat for the ears and the eyes! Great job!! Take care. Greg

Many thanks, Greg. Always pleased to get a review from you. A lot of the vocals are treated with my old 80s Syntovox vocoder, yes in the style of ELO who I really admire.
Pleased you enjoyed it.
Cheers, ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
very cool!

nice video, super mix

love the guitar solos

catchy and clever write

great hook line

dude, you got some skinny legs ya'll

Kenny

Hi Kenny.
Many thanks for all the kind words. You can't see it my avatar, but I've got legs just like that.
Cheers, ROG.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
3 minutes and 17 seconds of pure delight! cool

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 90 dB

Regards,

Bob

Rog
A bit hard to top that comment so I'll just agree.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
ROG,

that was awesome! Somehow I missed the fact that you were using Muvizu! Great use of that software! (How did you make the cascading dollar signs? I take it that was one of the other programs you used?)

I'm guessing that you played guitar? I really liked the guitar decorations, whether you played them or crafted them from real tracks

The line "nothing's gonna happen here..." sounds very instrumental, like maybe you used a vocoder? Cool sound, however you achieved it.

I like the lyrics and the arrangement. You have a knack for makin' catchy tunes. Thanks for all you do to add value here! I appreciate your contributions!

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: lambada
Great fun song. The video was inspired. I enjoyed listening.

Many thanks for the review.
Pleased that you liked the video - it's very time consuming, so feedback is always welcome.
Cheers, ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
The vocal and guitar performances were most excellent. You are really outstanding at layering sounds without a hint of clutter. Or as Janice just said, " there's a lot going there but it never sounds busy!" Yep.

We cranked it up and as expected it all held together perfectly and sounded great.

And the video...the details were so cool like the wrist watch on the artist and the way his chops worked with the song. But it will take a few more views to begin to catch it all.

Oh..not to forget the clever write!

Lotta fun here and a lotta talent in the production.

J&B

Hi J&B
Once again, it's good to get a review from people who's work I respect so much.
There's a lot of work getting the video to sync with the track, so I'm really pleased that you noticed that - makes it all worthwhile. I had a lot of fun putting this together, so I'm pleased that you got some fun out of it.
Cheers, ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

Regards,

Bob

Bob, that's really nice. Many thanks.
Regards, ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF

Regards,

Bob

Rog
A bit hard to top that comment so I'll just agree.

Peter

Hi Peter.
Just pleased that you enjoyed it. Many thanks.
Cheers, ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
ROG,

that was awesome! Somehow I missed the fact that you were using Muvizu! Great use of that software! (How did you make the cascading dollar signs? I take it that was one of the other programs you used?)

I'm guessing that you played guitar? I really liked the guitar decorations, whether you played them or crafted them from real tracks

The line "nothing's gonna happen here..." sounds very instrumental, like maybe you used a vocoder? Cool sound, however you achieved it.

I like the lyrics and the arrangement. You have a knack for makin' catchy tunes. Thanks for all you do to add value here! I appreciate your contributions!

Hi Pat my old friend!
Good to see a review from you, particularly in view of the animation.
I've had Muvizu for a while now and I have to say it was your own superb animations with it which prompted me to buy it. There's a lot to learn yet, before I can compete with you, but I'm having a lot of fun on the way. The cascade was done outside of muvizu, as you guessed and involved a lot of swapping between platforms.
And yes again, it was my old Syntovox vocoder on the "nothing's gonna happen here" line. Well spotted.
The guitar ornamentation was played by me - I couldn't get the RTs to do exactly what I had in mind, so I had to resort to the old methods!
So, many thanks for looking in on this one.
Regards, Roger.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Just bumping this one for those that didn't hear it. cool

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Definitively a lot of fun.

Sounds like you were having a rocking good time.

Really enjoyed it!!

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Definitively a lot of fun.

Sounds like you were having a rocking good time.

Really enjoyed it!!

Hi David and many thanks for looking in on this one.
Glad you liked it and yes, I certainly had fun producing it.

Cheers, ROG.

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
It sounds like you had a lot of fun making this one! It's very upbeat sounding despite the content and has a lot of really nice touches that really add extra flavour. I also love the witty lyrics.

Can't wait to hear more!

Cheers,
Ember
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
It sounds like you had a lot of fun making this one! It's very upbeat sounding despite the content and has a lot of really nice touches that really add extra flavour. I also love the witty lyrics.

Can't wait to hear more!

Hi Ember and welcome to the forum - good to see so many PG staff on here these days.
Yes, I did indeed have a lot of fun with this one, though it does rather reveal my cynical side!
Many thanks for the review and kinds words.
Cheers, ROG.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
ROG,

Outstanding entertainment!!!!

Your production is amazing, your singing and playing sizzles and your video is the crowning glory! It's hard to believe that so much talent can be packed into 3 minutes 18 seconds. I was completely engrossed with the song and its presentation from start to finish. Really fine work!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Good fun stuff smile
Rob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,505
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195